Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. (12642 Views)

Peter Obi's Achievements In Rural Areas In Anambra That Isn't Talked Much About / How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? / Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by homebase(m): 10:00pm On Aug 13, 2018
Oga marketer please give us prepaid meter, we are even ready to pay for it.

Oh some have even paid for the free meter yet your scam organization refused to give out
the goods paid for.

Nobody is even asking for cheap electricity rather we want to pay for what we actually consumed.

Is this too much to ask for?

onegig:
We need to tell ourselves the truth.

Electricity is not cheap. I see people commenting about N200 per month for NEPA bills? shocked

How many minutes would N200 fuel last in your generator that you expect to pay N200 per month for an average of 4hours of light per day?

Yeah. There are crazy bills sometimes. But millions of households have not paid NEPA bills in like years and they expect good supply.

We all shout about overseas but kindly ask your families living outside the country how much they pay on electricity bills and you would know that to get something good you have to pay for it. Businesses aren't charity and to break even they need to make money also.

2 Likes

Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by dominique(f): 10:00pm On Aug 13, 2018
N1000 power bill is exorbitant?

1 Like

Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by Adakintroy: 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2018
This light situation if we are honest is far worst than the time of jonathan.

This people promise us much. Now you see that talk is cheap.

Jonathan was our way forward. But tribalism drew us back. It was not anything. It was tribalism.
Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by bhella10: 10:07pm On Aug 13, 2018
itiswellandwell:
Change can be positive change or negative change. Next time, before u na vote, u na go ask which change he be.

Cheap s6 check my signature.
Bros abeg who sold PHCN to these criminals?

1 Like

Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by pacespot(m): 10:08pm On Aug 13, 2018
So you people are complaining of paying N1000 monthly for electricity bill, the last time I paid N1000 was in 2011, the bill has risen to N4000 since then.
Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by packeging(m): 10:09pm On Aug 13, 2018
itiswellandwell:
Change can be positive change or negative change. Next time, before u na vote, u na go ask which change he be.

Cheap s6 check my signature.
How much and how many gig hope its neat bro grin
Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by chloride6: 10:09pm On Aug 13, 2018
dominique:

Yes it is.
Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by ikorodureporta: 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2018
Jst 1k?
Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by omoiyalayi(m): 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2018
AEDC (abuja electricity distribution company) wan kee me with excessive bill too o

Fashola pls come to Nigerians rescue

Nigerians are suffering in the hands of this discos they are milking us dry in the name of estimated billing

Baba buhari the light you people promise us are no where to be find o & we are paying through our nose for the epileptic ones they are sharing

Even if you people cannot give us stable electricity at least metering all household shouldn't be a rocket science na

Baba buhari do something

Cc Hon minister of power
Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by Operette(m): 10:50pm On Aug 13, 2018
dominique:

What do you mean? If they had the prepaid meter, I'm sure they will pay lesser.
Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by domesifa(m): 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2018
I had since forgotten about public electricity. My small solar inverter powers bulbs, fans, TV and I charge my phone and laptop anytime I wish
Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by babyfaceafrica: 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2018
JerryDM1:
The light is going from bad to worse every day, especially here in Ozoro, Isoko North LGA of Delta State.
are you isoko Sir?
Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by Brightology2(m): 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2018
Bintabisiriyu:
MAY GOD PUNISH SHERIFF DEPUTIES GBAGADA FOR STEALING MY SALARY
sorry make I laugh small. hahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahah
Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by jpphilips(m): 11:04pm On Aug 13, 2018
ifychris77:
The same EEDC, that is the problem we are having here in Umunna Nsulu of Abia state. You will be force to pay that huge amount but you won't see light. We are seeing the great change that APC has brought for us. Before now there used to be a steady power supply with low NEPA bill of #200 per month

EEDC was created by pdp losers, currently operating in majorly pdp states so why are you complaining?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by Elxandre(m): 11:06pm On Aug 13, 2018
domesifa:
I had since forgotten about public electricity. My small solar inverter powers bulbs, fans, TV and I charge my phone and laptop anytime I wish
How much did the setup cost you?
Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by Respect55(m): 11:10pm On Aug 13, 2018
Same problem we are having in onicha LGA of ebonyi State. Some touts tasks 1500 on monthly basis and light come once in 4 days from 4pm to the next morning.

Dey disconnect one man's own d left life wire carelessly and it electrocuted the man's 2nd daughter before he returned from biz. They went to jail for that. The whole villagers refused to pay nepa bills after that incident and that was the last time we saw light. It's more than a year now
Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by onegig(m): 11:32pm On Aug 13, 2018
ewenla7:

oga that's no excuse, everyone has been shouting for pre paid meters but these criminals refuse...

Why would they allow you have prepaid meters?

They can't increase the tarrif to meet realities on ground.

Nothing happens in a vacuum. Every action has consequences. When the bad ones suffer, the righteous amongst them share in the burden.

They also have to balance their books. Pay employees, reward their shareholders and all sorts. When a greater percentage of households don't pay electricity bills they have to find a way to pass the costs around.

We can all shout ourselves to deafness but fact remains;

1. There are some neighborhoods that NEPA officials can't even dare enter because of harrasments from area boys or whatnot.

2. In many communities across the country there are still millions of households doing illegal tapping and connections to use electricity overnight and disconnect it in the morning. Who pays the bills for those instances? Me and you.

Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria. Heck just N200 monthly security guard money in my street. Some flats are still owing backlogs from 2013.

Tofa supplies some households on the Island direct electricity. Do you know how much a kwh costs? N108/kwh compare it to the N21/kwh that PHCN charges and those people get value for their money in terms of constant electricity.

1 Like

Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by LaudableXX: 12:13am On Aug 14, 2018
ifychris77:
The same EEDC, that is the problem we are having here in Umunna Nsulu of Abia state. You will be force to pay that huge amount but you won't see light. We are seeing the great change that APC has brought for us. Before now there used to be a steady power supply with low NEPA bill of #200 per month
You people are complaining about EEDC. Come to Lagos and see what kind of stunts EKEDC otherwise known as Eko Disco, is pulling in Lagos. Have you ever received an estimated bill of 65,000 naira in one month before, when you do not own or run a bakery, within your small house? shocked
Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by chizzy34(f): 12:36am On Aug 14, 2018
CowHard:
While resting on the bed, noise and whistling started to emanate from the front yard. I thought perhaps a 'friendly' masquerade has come to pay homage since it was an Orie market day.
"Bring your NEPA bill" said one of the 'officials'
I then emerged from the room to greet the 'EEDC employees', behold was a childhood friend.
"When did you secure employment with the EEDC" I asked enthusiastically.
"I no understand" he replied.
"I mean how did you manage to secure employment with Enugu DISCO" I asked joyously.
"We are not here to dance DISCO, we are the youths of the town and here to collect the #1,000 monthly light bill" he said.

His 'youthful colleague' armed with pliers and tape for disconnection was already feeling restless as I made to inquire how they arrived at the uniform price of #1,000 per house irrespective of electrical appliances and the number of hours light was restored.

I want to use this medium to appeal to the Enugu state commissioner of rural development Mr Gabriel Onwuzuluike and the state rural electrification board headed by our own Eng. Simon Atigwe to wade into this matter so as to address this anomaly.
Villagers are made to pay through the nose in the hands of the youths of the town.

A certain neighbor whose house has only one bulb is made to cough out #1000 on monthly basis even when the community hardly boast of one week of electricity per month.
Leaving the affairs of unmetered rural buildings solely in the hands of the village youths is a recipe for extortion and all manners of corruption.
Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by 2truthfulguy: 1:25am On Aug 14, 2018
onegig:

Electricity is not cheap. I see people commenting about N200 per month for NEPA bills? shocked

How many minutes would N200 fuel last in your generator that you expect to pay N200 per month for an average of 4hours of light per day?

Yeah. There are crazy bills sometimes. But millions of households have not paid NEPA bills in like years and they expect good supply.

We all shout about overseas but kindly ask your families living outside the country how much they pay on electricity bills and you would know that to get something good you have to pay for it. Businesses aren't charity and to break even they need to make money also.

ur grand grand grand..................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by 2truthfulguy: 1:28am On Aug 14, 2018
mytime24:
*HOW TO CROSS ROAD IN NIGERIA*
Look left and right for tankers and okadas, then look up for aeroplane,
look down for bomb,
look back for kidnappers
look front for sars undecided
hold your bag tight and watch the person beside U => aka yahoo yahoo guyz
then walk zigzag to avoid stray bullets tongue

Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by Remix10(m): 3:28am On Aug 14, 2018
onegig:

Hey dude, my tax is not also cheap!

1 Like

Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by safetyInspector(m): 3:40am On Aug 14, 2018
Do your families living oversees tell you that the use to give them an estimated energy bill?. No matter how expensive it is, it is justifiable to pay for only what you consume. People will learn to control how the use it if it is too expensive to afford.
onegig:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by israelmao(m): 5:49am On Aug 14, 2018
There are different types of extortions going on in this nation in telecommunication,electricity,education,banking,security agencies and others.
Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by sweetilicious(f): 6:07am On Aug 14, 2018
Op,collectively the villagers can decide to separate.Bulk customers are charged a certain amount for their consumption based on availability and usage on their transformer.Yes,the village minister for power might be wrong in attributing the monies to different families as they might not have the need to bill based on individual lighting points and electricity usage.
Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by CioAngels(f): 6:10am On Aug 14, 2018
Nigeria government sold ECN then PHCN to their friends to extort the poor Nigerians. Imagine Ikeja Electric bought by already a billionaire stealing from the poor. The most notorious area is Ikorodu where they just put amount and force you to pay, i think the area is just armed robbers while the government is aiding abetting. Please, what exactly is the job of NERC? Oh, they share with the discos the cursed money they collect from the poor after helping to increase tariff for darkness.

1 Like

Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by Aystarz: 6:20am On Aug 14, 2018
durableking:
nna na waoooo
What happened to that Femi Gbajabiamila bill to criminalize estimated billing sef? It's been three months now and we are yet to hear any news of it. These selfish lawmakers are quick to call on the people when their positions are being threatened, but care less about the same people who voted them into power.

1 Like

Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by Aystarz: 6:26am On Aug 14, 2018
israelmao:
There are different types of extortions going on in this nation in telecommunication,electricity,education,banking,security agencies and others.

"Daylight corruption" someone tagged it, yet the lily-livered Nigerian won't be caught dead trying to fight a system that would be his eventual end

When the Nigerian listens to Bob Marley's revolutionary classic "Get up, Stand up", he thinks it's just another groove to dance to. He just gets his reggae dancing on whilst paying no real attention to the liberating message in the song.

Like leaders, like followers... God help us.

1 Like

Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by maasoap(m): 6:42am On Aug 14, 2018
ifychris77:
The same EEDC, that is the problem we are having here in Umunna Nsulu of Abia state. You will be force to pay that huge amount but you won't see light. We are seeing the great change that APC has brought for us.
Before now there used to be a steady power supply with low NEPA bill of #200 per month

Get your fact right kid. APC didn't privatise PHCN, your hero, GEJ did.
Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by flames01: 6:43am On Aug 14, 2018
onegig:

It is one thing to pay for what you use and another thing to pay for what you rarely use.
Re: The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. by maasoap(m): 6:49am On Aug 14, 2018
itiswellandwell:

It is not about change, it is about Jonathan and his crook colleagues and friends who fraudulently sold PHCN assets to themselves at cheap rates using unknown people and companies as fronts. Or, are you suffering from amnesia?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Masari: 10 LGAs Have Been Lost To Bandits As COAS, General Yahaya Visits Kastina / FG Unveils Citizens’ Delivery Tracker To Hold Ministers Accountable / Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.