Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) (31251 Views)

Couple Weds In A Living Room In Taraba Due To Coronavirus Lockdown (Photo) / Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid / Kenyan Deaf Couple Weds In Rare Ceremony After Dating Via SMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by gistblogger: 12:35am On Aug 14, 2018
A beaming bride defiantly marching up a flooded church aisle in the Philippines has won hearts as the country suffers a fresh bout of monsoonal rains.

Jobel Delos Angeles, 24, married the father of her two children on Saturday as Tropical Storm Yagi and the southwest monsoon brought heavy flooding to the capital Manila and nearby areas, including their home province of Bulacan.

In a Facebook video shared over a thousand times, Delos Angeles is all smiles as she walks through brown floodwaters in a white gown and veil before her suited groom clad in flip-flops takes her to the altar.

“Even if it floods or it rains, nothing can stop me. You only get married once, will you postpone it? I was marrying the man I love,” Delos Angeles told AFP by phone.

“My gown got wet and heavy but I told myself it was as if I was walking on a red carpet.”

The Philippines endures an average of 20 typhoons and storms each year.

The latest storm brought misery to many, with 20,000 residents fleeing the riverside district of Marikina in the national capital region where floods swept away cars, authorities said.

But for Delos Angeles, the weekend was cause for celebration.

She said she and her partner of seven years did not expect bad weather but never considered calling off their wedding even after floodwaters entered the church in Hagonoy town.

It was a double ceremony, with their five-month-old daughter baptised in the same event, she added.

Guests were photographed barefoot, including children who were afraid to slip.

“We didn’t want a new schedule as we were already stressed out. Our hometown is really flood-prone,” Delos Angeles added.

“No car wanted to bring us to the church so I just rode a boat. We didn’t expect so many people would still turn up, even the entourage.”

The bride’s aunt, Teresa Bautista, posted the video of her niece which has drawn comments from social media users hailing the event as the “wedding of year”.

“I felt bad for them but at the same time I am happy they got it through,” Bautista told AFP.

Delos Angeles said she had no regrets.

“It is truly memorable. I am so happy. It shows the lesson that there are no what ifs.”

http://gistmore.com/couple-gets-married-flooded-church-photos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44CkelrBAEA

2 Likes

Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by gistblogger: 12:36am On Aug 14, 2018

1 Like

Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by gistblogger: 12:36am On Aug 14, 2018
Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by sapeleboi(m): 1:05am On Aug 14, 2018
I am not understanding sad
Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 4:40am On Aug 14, 2018
They're even whites...

It would have been another story if they were blacks.

12 Likes

Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:04am On Aug 14, 2018
undecided

1 Like

Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by MartinCorridon: 7:23am On Aug 14, 2018
Swimming opportunity for any interested guests...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 14, 2018
What God must join together.

When life gives you lemons....
Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by oluwasegun007(m): 9:44am On Aug 14, 2018
e for better if na clean wata.... grin grin grin

The colour of the water looks like when suckaway mix with rain water.. sad sad sad

HML to the couple... grin grin grin
Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by Nairalandmentor(m): 9:47am On Aug 14, 2018
smiley
Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by BadiratT: 9:47am On Aug 14, 2018
This is serious
Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by DBossNG(m): 9:47am On Aug 14, 2018
Ok
Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by Standardcosting(m): 9:47am On Aug 14, 2018
Observe closely!!!

The bride is a mermaid
Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by engrkaz(m): 9:47am On Aug 14, 2018
fuckerstard:
What God must join together
no flood can put asunder......but dem be don join demselves b4 na? no b baby mama n dad dem be?

1 Like

Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by bedspread: 9:47am On Aug 14, 2018
The Flood I saw in That Country is FEARFUL

How our father used our Elder Brother for sacrifice
A true confession by me Chukwuma Osahor

I grew up in a family of 5 Children
Things were .moving and keep moving well for us .

None of us could explain why we had so much favour and wealth and all we needed

We never failed in school and we could not be involved in accidents
Something will just bring us out safely

Whatever was spoken over us also made us not affected by sickness

I knew it was not ordinary so I set out to personally know why.

It is what I found I have decided to expose to the whole world today without any fear

I found that we have an elder brother
And my father sacrificed him for the family to progress

They used his blood to enter a covenant that nobody in the home should be poor or sick or die Young (Blood money?)

My findings again Is that even though a stranger joins our family as long as he becomes a member of our family the covenant will work for him

But Why?

Why would my father Use my elder brothers Life...

This world!!

But it is for good

So I'm posting their identity so the world can know those behind this act

My Father (God, Loving Father) used
Our brother (Jesus Christ, Our 1st Born (Rom 8:29)) as a sacrificial lamb

To save you
To heal you
To bless you

Join our family today
Say this

Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice
I accept you are my Lord and Savior and I believe you died and rose again to save, bless and heal..me

Thank you for saving me

Please share my confession

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 14, 2018
angry
Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by Primusinterpares(m): 9:48am On Aug 14, 2018
They are married already...

A girl that can go this length for a man is most likely a wife material and someone that can endure through hard times

3 Likes

Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by lifestyle1(m): 9:48am On Aug 14, 2018
Congrats
Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by jamaicabakare(m): 9:48am On Aug 14, 2018
May their home and marriage be flooded with happiness and love. smiley

11 Likes

Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 14, 2018
Bluezy13:
They're even whites...

Are you trying to prove racism here or what
Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by obaataaokpaewu: 9:49am On Aug 14, 2018
Do we need to know her age? Is the age that important in the report?
Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by BIDOO(m): 9:49am On Aug 14, 2018
5 Month Old Baby Got Baptize?

1 Like

Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by talk2rotman(m): 9:49am On Aug 14, 2018
nice one...
Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by Lordofthewest(m): 9:49am On Aug 14, 2018
I know some people would have blamed buhari if it had happened in Nigeria
Bluezy13:
They're even whites...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by Buffalowings3(m): 9:51am On Aug 14, 2018
Bluezy13:
They're even whites...

Whites? sad

2 Likes

Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 14, 2018
Bluezy13:
They're even whites...

Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 14, 2018
When u dump an ex that worship the god or rain.....

Obviously it rained overnight, and they couldn't have a change of venue impromptu......

Babe be like ..."my village people will not stop this wedding lai lai"
Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 14, 2018
Na wa ooo,

3 Likes

Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by sunnyphem(m): 9:55am On Aug 14, 2018
good for themmmm

check my signature for your data packages
Re: Couple Weds In Flooded Church In Philippines (Photos) by def111(m): 9:55am On Aug 14, 2018
Bluezy13:
They're even whites...

Philippines are not white

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Wedding Ceremony Of A Beautiful Sister. / Ikechukwu Obiejoh Celebrates 40th Birthday In A Limousine (Photos) / How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.