Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Prayers And The Nigerian National Team - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayers And The Nigerian National Team (3902 Views)

God Has Not Been Answering My Prayers And Its 5years NOW.. Please What Should I / 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / I Need Your Prayers And Advice; Deliverance From Near Success Syndrome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by manmustwac(m): 1:13am On Jun 23, 2010
Just before the game against South Korea the Nigerian National Team got together on the pitch and said a prayer. Before entering the changing room at the end of the first half they got together and said another prayer. Before the start of the second half they said another prayer. When the game ended and they out of the competition they didn't even bother to say another prayer

Nigeria losing to South Korea had nothing to do with prayers but with the way Nigeria performed on the pitch. The same thing can be said about our politicians religious leaders etc. The millions of nigerians who are praying for miracles and change in nigeria are just wasting thier time. Because prayers never achieve anything.

Prayer is nothing but superstition. Why don't you christians agree?
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:00am On Jun 23, 2010
I noticed T.T. looking elsewhere when his team where praying before the Greece game.  Prayers and Players ought to be united that way they will play as a team and have the same goal.  Inspiration and perspiration ought to be congruent.

This is the real reason why we didn't qualify for the second round:

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/pfwM1DWGmsc&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Jenwitemi(m): 7:54am On Jun 23, 2010
Over dependence on miracles of prayers and too little belief in ourselves to get things done through the good old hardwork will always see us coming short at all sports, guaranteed. Na, "God go do am", dey kill us dey go so. We(nigerians) are nothing but a bunch of loudmouthed underachievers, and we are going to stay that way until we start making the proper changes to our attitudes soon.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:11pm On Jun 23, 2010
singing,
Prayer is the MASTER KEY (3)
Jesus Started with prayer and ended with Prayer
Prayer is the Master KEY grin

That relligious tune is burned into my memory from years of Sunday school
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by smallman1: 6:24pm On Jun 23, 2010
hello,
   prayer is not superstition.it is only when you fail to understand what prayer is that makes you think it is superstitious.the bible makes it clear that  prayer works when you pray the way it should be.
    first you have to pray and have faith that your prayers would be answered, and work in faith without works is dead, so you have to work in accordance to what you have prayed for. you also have to make sure that there is nothing that you are engaging in that will hinder your prayers from being answered.
   just analyze these and you would just understand why the prayers of those you mentioned failed to be answered.
  prayer works, it is not superstitious in any way.
   luv,
   little man.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Zodiac61(m): 9:09am On Jun 25, 2010
small man:

hello,
   prayer is not superstition.it is only when you fail to understand what prayer is that makes you think it is superstitious.the bible makes it clear that  prayer works when you pray the way it should be.
    first you have to pray and have faith that your prayers would be answered, and work in faith without works is dead, so you have to work in accordance to what you have prayed for. you also have to make sure that there is nothing that you are engaging in that will hinder your prayers from being answered.
   just analyze these and you would just understand why the prayers of those you mentioned failed to be answered.
  prayer works, it is not superstitious in any way.
   luv,
   little man. 
Excuses, excuses, excuses. It is amusing reading the word 'superstitious' as if a belief in the efficacy of prayer is not superstitious. What a pity, all those 'prayer-hours' in churches and mosques all over the land wasted on a regular hours.
Prayers do not work - as for having faith - pastors pray everyday for Nigeria to become a decent place for its citizens to live. It has not happened yet. I assume that those pastors do not have faith.
Get real and get out there and do something positive.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by manmustwac(m): 11:22am On Jun 25, 2010
small man with small excuses i sometimes wonder why you guys are so blind that u can't even see that prayers don't work. Its people that have to work not words prayers and your imagination.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Image123(m): 10:26pm On Jun 25, 2010
I didn't watch the eagles that much, though I saw them gathered together at the start of the 2nd half against S Korea. I'm not sure, but it didn't occur to me that they were praying. Sorry I didn't take good note but I think I recall Yakubu tying his bootlace and opening space to THE G.K who seemed to be addressing his teammates in what has become an hobby of our national representatives in sports. I stand to be corrected sha, but I don't think they were praying.
Another thing is that prayer has facets and conditions. It's more than waving the magic wand, it's communication. Who's communicating, and who's being communicated with?
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by manmustwac(m): 10:44pm On Jun 25, 2010
^^^^^^^They always pray. They were even prayed during the nations cupgames back in january but it didn't help them win the nations cup
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Image123(m): 11:21pm On Jun 25, 2010
^
So when any group gathers around in a circle, they must be praying. And it surely must be to the christian God. And He must answer their prayers or else . . . Are you for real or just seeking wack?
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by smallman1: 8:20pm On Jun 28, 2010
manmustwac,

enjoy your argument but it has no base. i dont think i should be arguing with you cos i see you do not know what prayer is at all. why dont you just try and consider what prayer is with a nuetral mind and see if you will be able to help yourself. i am sure you know you did not create yourself, unless you believe in evolution which is a myth. so just ask yourself who provides all the good things that comes to you. well the truth is if you say work and imagination then you believe prayer partially. if you want to prove a point , prove it in all ramifications.

luv,
small man.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Jenwitemi(m): 9:04pm On Jun 28, 2010
All pray and no play . . .
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Zodiac61(m): 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2010
small man:

manmustwac,

enjoy your argument but it has no base. i dont think i should be arguing with you cos i see you do not know what prayer is at all. why dont you just try and consider what prayer is with a nuetral mind and see if you will be able to help yourself. i am sure you know you did not create yourself, unless you believe in evolution which is a myth. so just ask yourself who provides all the good things that comes to you. well the truth is if you say work and imagination then you believe prayer partially. if you want to prove a point , prove it in all ramifications.

luv,
small man.

Small man, small brains. "Evolution is a myth", unlike the fairy tales in the bible.
I presume that you are a creationist. Your ignorance and lack of intelligence is not surprising. God cannot handle intelligence.

"Pastor says 'let us pray'. Something happens immediately, he says 'praise the Lord.'
Pastor says 'let us pray'. Something happens next year, he says 'I told you God answers prayers eventually.'
Pastor says 'let us pray'. Nothing happens, he says 'oh ye of little faith, you are not praying hard enough.'"
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Kay17: 4:22am On Jun 29, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Zodiac61(m): 8:38am On Jun 29, 2010
Let us talk about the power of prayer. A woman I knew had cancer. She was one of those irritating born again types. Only books she read were the bible and those useless tomes from self-anointed pastors and 'Men of Dog God'. She went to church 4 or 5 times a week.
When she met with her doctors, they gave her 6 weeks to live.
As you can imagine, intensive prayer sessions began, 'prayer warriors' did whatever moronic things 'prayer warriors do. Pastors, in direct communication with the sky fairy, spoke in tongues. All this directed to curing this 40 year old woman.
After about 7 weeks, her condition seemingly improved. You can imagine how great God is. He proved the doctors wrong. (What do they know anyway? Only god can cure.)
2 months later her condition deteriorated, and she died.
Guess what ? Those people still claimed that god had answered their prayers, as the woman was given time to see her daughter's 10th birthday and reconcile with a friend she had fallen out with.
This is the extent to which those who desperately want to believe in the power of prayer deceive themselves on a daily basis.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Image123(m): 8:59am On Jun 29, 2010
^
Thanks for sharing, but what has the news above got to do with the topic? Learn to keep your disgust where it belongs.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by manmustwac(m): 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2010
^^^The nigerian national team is a microsm of nigerian society that believes and put to much faith in prayers and not enough in work and actions. Imagine a whole team praying in front of the cameras as if that is enough to make them win the match, which like the woman who died of cancer who chose to believe {and even die by her} prayers rather than believe her doctors. Prayers are just killing nigeria.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by mantraa: 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2010
How silly can you get. They must think that god watches football and is a super eagles supporter.
What if nigeria were playing brazil who pray just as hard to god before matches. Dont they realise that they are praying to the same god?
Do these believers seriously think they can convince thier god, the creator of heaven and earth, the universe and everything, to take sides in a game of football.
Where was god when Yakubu missed an open goal? Did he not pray hard enough, or forget to pay his tithe last month?

Prayers are a waste of time. Believe in yourself, practise your abilities, skills and teamwork. That is the way to win matches.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by sayso: 1:09pm On Jun 29, 2010
when you believe it will work for you,if united it will work.GOD allows fair play to all except few
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Confusion: 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2010
i prayed but i still went ahead and stole the meat==wanted to eat the meat by force
i prayed but i still slept with her==i have been eyeing her with lust
i prayed but i was lucky i didnt come last==i have been lazy and havent prepared
you think that God is a lucky charm, if u like pray till tomorrow
principles can never be broken, whether in the moon or sun
principles will always be principles and even God will abide by it
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Princek12(m): 1:41pm On Jun 29, 2010
manmustwac:

Just before the game against South Korea the Nigerian National Team got together on the pitch and said a prayer. Before entering the changing room at the end of the first half they got together and said another prayer. Before the start of the second half they said another prayer. When the game ended and they out of the competition they didn't even bother to say another prayer

Nigeria losing to South Korea had nothing to do with prayers but with the way Nigeria performed on the pitch. The same thing can be said about our politicians religious leaders etc. The millions of nigerians who are praying for miracles and change in nigeria are just wasting thier time. Because prayers never achieve anything.

Prayer is nothing but superstition. Why don't you christians agree?

First of all before you open your big mouth to say something, why don't you ask for the answer of something about which you have no clue rather than suggest an answer to us. According to Biblical principles, on which Christians believe, God did not mean that prayer be used in and of itself, but that Christians pray in conjunction with hard work and wise planning, such as it would be done by a wise man. According to Matthew 26:41, God has said "watch and pray" that ye not fall into temptation. Also, Proverbs, a Book that is replete with encouraging wise behavior, has repeatedly said that a wise man will plan ahead of harvest. For example, among many other quotations, Proverbs 6:6 provides that an unwise man should observe an ant, consider her prudent ways, and mimic that which is done by the ant in order to be wise.

Flowing from those doctrines, the Bible has made it clear that praying alone without adequate preparation, just like the Super Eagles have done, will lead to abject failure. An ant does not wait till the eleventh hour to gather his food; it plans ahead of time, and the Bible has encouraged foolish folks to learn from the ant. The principle derived from "watch and pray" also provides that Christians be vigilant while praying, for a unilateral act of praying, absent a watchful act and vigilance, will dilute the efficacy of the prayers.

And if you ask me, I believe the prayer helped the Super Eagles. If not for prayer, Argentina would have walloped the Super Eagles at least 5-0, but prayer saved us from the embarrassment that the Argentines would have inflicted upon us. But because Super Eagles prepared woefully for the competition, such as hiring an incompetent Amodu and hiring a new coach five months to the World Cup, prayer will only get them so far. And it did--it saved us from a national embarrassment.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by smallman1: 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2010
hello,
  man mus wac you do not understand what prayer is so just stop arguing blindly that will help you a lot.

luv,
small man.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2010
It will help a lot of humans accept things for what they truly are.

Prayer is simply a self-directed form of hypnosis, you say it long enough and you will start believing it.

Which is why Prayer is often unsuccessful at stopping Murders, genocides and the inevitable loss of the Supa Chickens at the World Cup
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by TMemos: 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2010
Trust in God but lock your car.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by otokx(m): 2:11pm On Jun 29, 2010
What is this all about?
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by landtraza(m): 2:18pm On Jun 29, 2010
TMemos:

Trust in God but lock your car.
FAITH WITH NO WORK IS DEAD cool
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by adventisty: 2:20pm On Jun 29, 2010
[ WORK VERY HARD AND PRAY VERY HARD: ]
THIS IS THE COMPATIBILITY TO ACHIEVING ONES GOAL, DESIRE AND ACHIEVEMENT IN LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by amefi(m): 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2010
POSTER, I WILL LIKE TO SAY THAT U HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED SPIRITUAL BATTLES THAT IS WHY U ARE UNDERMINING THE POWER OF PRAYERS, FOR YOUR INFORMATION, SATAN HIMSELF KNOWS THE POWER OF PRAYERS. I CAN PERCEIVE THAT SATAN THE FATHER OF ALL LIES IS LAUGHING AT YOUR IGNORANCE.
FOR YOUR PRAYERS TO BE ANSWERED, U MUST HARKEN DILIGENTLY TO THE COMMANDMENTS AND LAWS OF GOD AND OBSERVE THEM ALL, THEN YOU BEGIN TO RECEIVE ANSWERS TO YOUR PRAYERS. THE PRAYER OF A SINNER IS AN ABOMINATION BEFORE GOD. YOU MUST HAVE SHARES IN GOD'S KINGDOM (INVESTMENT) BEFORE YOU CAN RECEIVE ANY DIVIDENDS, OTHERWISE U PRAY IN VAIN AND THE DEVIL WILL PAY U THE DIVIDENDS (PAIN), READ: DEUTERONOMY 28:1-13, ISAIAH 1:19, JOSHUA 1:8, 2CHRONICLES7:14. ECCLESIASTES 11:1-6, 1THESSALONIANS 5:17, JOHN 3:16, ROMAN 3:23, 1JOHN1:8-10, HAVING READ ALL THAT, THERE IS HOPE FOR YOU, GO DOWN ON YOUR KNEELS AND START CONFESSING CHRIST AND PRAY AS THOUGH YOUR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT, AND EXPECT GOD'S VISIT TONIGHT . GOOD LUCK.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Acidosis(m): 3:13pm On Jun 29, 2010
There is always a price to pay for every prize. Our God is not a magician but a miracle worker, MIRACLES come by FAITH and faith without WORK is dead
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by MUZBO(m): 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2010
I agree with the poster jare and with d guy that said all pray no play! Though the poster may be unfair seeing nothing helpful in prayer but the fact is that Nigerians rely too much on prayer with lil or no action toward acheiving it. Even if the Greeks worship the devil they'd still have beaten us!
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Blazing99: 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2010
@ Poster

You dumb-piss-of-sheet. While the Nigerian players were praying, didn't u also see the Korean team praying too?
In Christianity, prayers without works is useless. They prayed to put God on their side not for God to play the match for them.
Your question is quite dumb also. You can also rephrase it like "how come a man prayed not to die and drank poison but still died"?
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Ranoscky(m): 4:08pm On Jun 29, 2010
^^^U'v said it all!. . . just 1 word for zodiac abi na zombie. . .MAY GOD FORGIVE YOU!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flaw In Jehovah's Witness Bible (NWT) About Jesus Christ. / Are You Attracting Others To Jesus? / Will God Send Me To Hell Because Of This? {PHOTO}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.