Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) (42000 Views)

Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) / Lagos Flooded After Heavy Rainfall (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by lagosrd: 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2018
Don't reply know why they are crying out. I thought they saw the place with their korokoro eyes and bought it with their money. Pls keep enjoying your lagoon estate and below sea level high brow areas

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by Geosystem(m): 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
lekki landmass as a whole is aggressively and rapidly responding to global change in the climatic conditions of the earth due to man's persistent neglect and lack of care for the earth. Am afraid with the belated manner in which the state govt is handling this issue of flooding, it can only get worse. I thought I read somewhere that parts of Lagos island including lekki and other global coastal areas which be submerged in the year 2050 or less due to the expansion of the Polar ice due to increased temperature of the earth and subsequent melting of the ice. my own opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by AnuliKay: 3:35pm On Aug 14, 2018
This is quite sad. The solution is for the residents to raise money and fix this, cuz government is not smiling.

Simi is currently one of Nigeria’s best female artistes. She released her bestselling album, Simisola last year. That project cemented her as a viable option in the music industry.

Having hit songs has not caused her to slow down at all. She’s still releasing songs and working hard. Earlier today, she posted this on Twitter proving to Nigerians that success has only fueled her ambition.

Read more: https://kaynuli.com/simis-work-ethic-is-impressive/

Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by AyeMoJuba: 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2018
Yet, people still buy land around that place...paying millions on lands you know are 'liable' to flooding. I don't just get it...why are people still buying land anywhere on the island?

2 Likes

Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 14, 2018
kennygee:
Na wa.
Thing is, this flood issue won't end soon.
We no get government wey get sense.
Lol.
Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by johnwell(m): 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2018
kennygee:
Na wa.

Thing is, this flood issue won't end soon.

We no get government wey get sense.

And guess what?
Ambode ask us to pay more than a million naira for land use charge.

When I received the letter I felt like slapping the dispatch guy

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by alexola20(m): 4:32pm On Aug 14, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by Fitbillionairep: 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2018
and those useless agents will still be advertising

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by Babyforever(f): 4:56pm On Aug 14, 2018
ednut1:
Not new. Thank God d rain even stopped if not
This same boxer angry
Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by Kposkila: 5:02pm On Aug 14, 2018
oyeb15:
The reward of ill gotten riches and wealth.
Like Dem Evans type abi? But some re legit ooo...
Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by Basiljoe: 5:07pm On Aug 14, 2018
oyeb15:
The reward of ill gotten riches and wealth.
Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by brojoshua: 5:19pm On Aug 14, 2018
They should have cried out for good and right plan and design to construct the city well to stand against flood. But they didn't cry then but now. Let government see what can be done for the city. And in the meanwhile let the residents learn how to swim. He who builds his inside water will not shy away from learning to swim or complain about swimming

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by Rajosh(m): 5:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
Jealous people everywhere. See them gloating
Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by cooltola(m): 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
na wa o , Lagos state government can do better, a better city plan with a better drainage system will work. Lekki is a nice way
Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by darlenese(f): 5:57pm On Aug 14, 2018
rhythyson:
the rich also cry...

come buy house for Agege una no gree oya drive the water nah

So u are happy?
Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by mechanics(m): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2018
That's serious, the state government has to do something.
Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by ednut1(m): 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2018
Babyforever:
This same boxer angry
hahahah buy me new one na. I use am enter flood water. I don buy replacement lol
Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by Rheadwan: 7:42pm On Aug 14, 2018
wat is our problem den...
Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by chigozie2018(m): 9:23pm On Aug 14, 2018
What do u expect... Blocking the channel of water.... De rich also cry. All those who live in such places should expect something like DAT.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by sisanmattu: 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2018
That was what I thought initially
Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by Babyforever(f): 10:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
ednut1:
hahahah buy me new one na. I use am enter flood water. I don buy replacement lol
So you want me to buy you wink
Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by ednut1(m): 10:28pm On Aug 14, 2018
Babyforever:
So you want me to buy you wink
i wont mind undecided
Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by Babyforever(f): 10:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
ednut1:
i wont mind undecided
See face undecided
Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by Puah(f): 9:36am On Aug 15, 2018
And who are you?
I just asked a question, if you don't have an answer, you keep quiet.

Whizkidjay7:

foolish question :-/ :-/
Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by rafcrown(m): 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2018
VERY SIMPLE DONATE BIG MONEY TO APPEASE THE gods,MILLIONS OOO.U need the direct account for the REPRESENTATIVE of the gods ? Mammy Water Snr. in a brief chat warned that you never see anything oooo.
Re: Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by Johnsainty(m): 4:43pm On Aug 19, 2018
Abimbola198212:
Pls relocate to sango or ifo.
lolz

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. / Billboard Falls On Bus In Lagos, Kills Three People, Several Injured / MAIDUGURI Is Beautiful (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.