Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do (17162 Views)

Aerobic Exercises. / Aerobic Exercises For Fast Weight Loss / Benefits Of Aerobic Exercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by magazineguy(m): 11:48am On Aug 14, 2018
Hey ladies. It’s not easy catering for two people at the same time and when you’re expecting a child it can definitely come with a lot of overwhelming feelings. As a fitness trainer I’m here to tell you that while you’re pregnant it’s very important to be active! This doesn’t mean going to the gym and lifting heavy weights but you should always strive to be healthy and fit most especially when you’re expecting.

Here are my findings of the benefits of exercising while pregnant:

-Pregnant women who exercise have less back pain, more energy and a better body image.

-A faster return to your pre-pregnancy shape.

Here in Nigeria 98% of the women don’t feel the need to exercise while they’re pregnant and in fact they believe that this is the worst time to even think about lifting a finger because of so many negative misconceptions or stories they’ve heard like exercising may affect the baby. In as much as this is not completely false there are doctor-recommended exercises that you can do at home with little or no weights involved.

In this article I’m going to give you five at-home exercises that you can do and feel great before your little one arrives!

Remember – Being fit doesn’t have to mean a big time commitment or fancy equipment. These are low impact safe pregnancy exercises. Simple, can be done at home, and is safe to do in each trimester but always check with your doctor before starting this or any exercise program

Plié Squats

Keep your feet parallel and hip-distance apart.

With your toes and knees turned out to 45 degrees, pull your belly button up and in. Bending your knees, lowering your torso as low as possible while keeping your back straight [shown]. Straighten your legs to return to starting position.

Repeat for reps

Plank Hold

Get down on your hands and knees, wrists directly under your shoulders. Lift your knees and straighten your legs behind you until your body forms a straight line. Don’t arch your back or let your belly sag [shown].

Hold for 1 to 2 breaths, working up to 5 breaths.

Strengthens: Core, arms and back

Side leg lifts

Lie on your right side, head supported by your forearm, right leg bent at a 45-degree angle and left leg straight. Place your opposite arm on the floor for stability. Lift left leg to about hip height and repeat for reps. you can use a resistance band for added effects.

Then, bend your left knee and rest it on top of pillows for support. Straighten your right leg and lift it as high as possible for reps. Switch sides and repeat for reps. Do this exercise ten times for both sides.

Strengthens: Core and inner thighs

Donkey kicks

Get on all fours on mat (hands under shoulders, knees under hips).

Keeping right knee bent 90 degrees, flex right foot and lift knee to hip level.

Lower knee without touching floor; lift again. Do 15 reps.

Switch legs; repeat.

Strengthens: Your glutes

Glute Bridge

Lie face up on the floor, with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground. Keep your arms at your side with your palms down. Lift your hips off the ground until your knees, hips and shoulders form a straight line.

Strengthens: your quads and hamstrings and improves glute strength

Remember ladies if you’re healthy, the risks of moderate-intensity activity during pregnancy are very low, and will not increase the risk of low birth weight, pre-term delivery, or early pregnancy loss. But before you continue your old exercise routine or begin a new one, you should talk to your doctor about exercising while you’re pregnant.

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/five-aerobic-exercises-ladies-can-pregnant/

1 Like

Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by Hanji(m): 11:53am On Aug 14, 2018
Ok seen.....next
Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by oluwasegun007(m): 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2018
Probably when am not at home....am not sure i can stand it.

short distance trek would do... grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by Santro313: 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2018
Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by jamael(m): 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2018
Very good.

1 Like

Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by iAlex(m): 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2018
Odimma... The only exercise I think they need are fruits.

1 Like

Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by Xhakazette: 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2018
Not for every pregnant lady.
It's beneficial to some while disastrous to others.
It all depends on the current state of the lady.

3 Likes

Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by 3millionia: 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2018
Me need marry and born pikin too o,

vision 2020 cool
Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by Opinionated: 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2018
And for the traveling pregnant mamas see this top tips for pregnant travellers

Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by ruboy(m): 2:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
Nice one... Pregnant women need more orientation.
Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by olafunny(m): 2:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
If you live and work in Lagos, you will do more than those, unconsciously, on a daily basis. By 'Lagos', i mean the real Lagos cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by Nizguy(m): 2:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
The fourth pic got me..
Imaging thrusting in ur rod in that kind of position?

2 Likes

Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by xynerise: 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2018
Some can't do these when they are not pregnant let alone pregnancy period grin
Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by Besea(f): 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
So I can still plank and do side leg lifts? Hallelujah!
Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by teejayahmed(m): 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2018
This is good
Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by AjalaJ(m): 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2018
OK ooo. Thanks for this.

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: ItuGlobal
Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by lonelydora: 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2018
Haa. Nigerian pregnant women, please do not try this at home.

1 Like

Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by loverboys: 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2018
Gr8
Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by chuksohams(m): 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2018
Ó ti yè mí cool
Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by Chi80(m): 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
Nizguy:
The fourth pic got me..
Imaging thrusting in ur rod in that kind of position?

U no get joy at all

1 Like

Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by johnwell(m): 4:00pm On Aug 14, 2018
oluwasegun007:
Probably when am not at home....am not sure i can stand it.

short distance trek would do... grin grin grin

To avoid stories that touch

1 Like

Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:01pm On Aug 14, 2018
grin Dont try this in front of your mother in law

1 Like

Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by Nizguy(m): 5:28pm On Aug 14, 2018
Chi80:

U no get joy at all
grin honestly
Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by Witnes: 5:29pm On Aug 14, 2018
Zi oza room exercise is enough a beg , no go kill person mama.

1 Like

Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by nwanyiugbo122(f): 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2018
Before you try these, consult your doctor.
Re: Five Aerobic Exercises Pregnant Ladies Can Do by oluwasegun007(m): 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2018
johnwell:

To avoid stories that touch

You get...

(1) (Reply)

Treatment For Gonorrhea / Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist / Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.