Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:07 PM

'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) (36039 Views)

ESN/IPOB Attacked Passengers, Burnt Buses In Imo Over Sit-At-Home - Man (Video) / Mohammed Jamil Bello: I Did Not Attack President Buhari - Kebbi Man (Video) / Emeka Agba: I Am Donald Trump’s Grandfather - Nigerian Man (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by Lexusgs430: 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2018
djon78:

Do you even mind these dudes. Like I said before. The kind of people you hang around will determine the way you see things.

No be Nigeria my chairman dey and is raking in billions. Has a tank farm worth over 25 billion Naira. He is not owing any bank. Called yesterday that has arrived Canada for vacation to be back in Nigeria late August. left Nigeria last week for Europe first. I have not seen a man as disciplined as him. Very smart. Doesn't sleep around. Very responsible. And he came from a very poor background.

A close relative of mine, came to Lagos with a Marlboro bag, very smart, had First Class . Came from a very retched home. Today lives in banana island. Did executive training in Harvard University. Travels around the world. Has clients with very rich Arabs from uae who invest there money around the world.

Most of these folks will come here and be crying wolf while some other men from retched homes are making it in a legit way in this nation. It all depends on what you see.

Don't draw your analysis from the minority, with questionable source of wealth......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by resurgent2019: 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2018
themanderon:
Enough of the mindless patriotism being exhibited by some people on this thread. Its obvious that nothing is working in this country and there is no hope that it ever will as things keep getting worst because each successive government tries to outdo the previous one with abysmal performance. There is no hope for anyone as the future is not guaranteed. That's why even politicians have to steal to sustain their own future. Businesses have gone under, social security is non existent and worst still the life of a human being is worth less than that of a cow that's why government security agencies can maim and kill people at will and everyone carries on as if nothing happened. Maybe some of us should step out of the shores of these country to saner climes to see how things are done. Nigeria is not making any progress and it would be foolhardy to deceive ourselves that it is. It has been about the elites from the sixties up unto this day.

God bless you sir. I don’t know why some people will take Nigerians for a ride and allude that Nigeria is a good country. The truth is that Nigeria is a very terrible country.
Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by resurgent2019: 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Don't draw your analysis from the minority, with questionable source of wealth......

Don’t mind the guy. He’s probably still being fed by his parents or something.

3 Likes

Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by Lexusgs430: 7:01pm On Aug 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

Don’t mind the guy. He’s probably still being fed by his parents or something.

The more exposed we are, the more enlightened we are to the true state of our plight......
Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by Ugosample(m): 7:02pm On Aug 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

Please stop painting a good picture of Nigeria. It is a very terrible place and Nigerians are right to complain. I don’t like the sound of arrogance in your comments.

Stop insulting the sensibilities of millions of hard working but suffering Nigerians.

I just dey read him comment dey laugh grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by djon78(m): 7:06pm On Aug 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

Please stop painting a good picture of Nigeria. It is a very terrible place and Nigerians are right to complain. I don’t like the sound of arrogance in your comments.

Stop insulting the sensibilities of millions of hard working but suffering Nigerians.

I am not painting a good picture. My brother anybody that tells you legit money no dey Nigeria is deceiving you not fraud or drug money.

Do you know that an Indian is the highest producer of garri in Nigeria now? He goes as far as east to buy harvested cassava. Do you know that rice, beans, sugar, wheat, and many of daily things you consume has more demand that the local production is not sufficient. Therefore demand fir foreign ones.

I know a man that has poultry with more than 100 thousand birds and the eggs they produce they cannot even meet the demands.

If you know the kind good money some men are making in this nation go and work in US 100 years you can't make it. I mean legal good money as a result of leveraging on a demand by population of 200 million people.

Why is US afraid of China. As of today more than 300 million Chinese are middle class. China leveraged on their population to create wealth for her people.

The biggest opportunity for this nation is her population. Just get a government in place that knows how to leverage this opportunity and boom you will see economic explosion.

4 Likes

Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by resurgent2019: 7:15pm On Aug 14, 2018
djon78:

I am not painting a good picture. My brother anybody that tells you legit money no dey Nigeria is deceiving you not fraud or drug money.

Do you know that an Indian is the highest producer of garri in Nigeria now? He goes as far as east to buy harvested cassava. Do you know that rice, beans, sugar, wheat, and many of daily things you consume has more demand that the local production is not sufficient. Therefore demand fir foreign ones.

I know a man that has poultry with more than 100 thousand birds and the eggs they produce they cannot even meet the demands.

If you know the kind good money some men are making in this nation go and work in US 100 years you can't make it. I mean legal good money as a result of leveraging on a demand by population of 200 million people.

Why is US afraid of China. As of today more than 300 million Chinese are middle class. China leveraged on their population to create wealth for her people.

The biggest opportunity for this nation is her population. Just get a government in place that knows how to leverage this opportunity and boom you will see economic explosion.

See ehn, I love your knack for business given the market share in Nigeria. But the country is not working for the majority of her people. You spoke about effective leadership. Where are going to get the good leadership? I don’t want to delve into the divisions in the country due to lack of time and mental strength. If you are making it here, good for you but millions are not happy with the state of things.
Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by ikevictor: 7:18pm On Aug 14, 2018
djon78:

The income they make. The quality of life they can afford. Their share in percapital income. And yes I am right in what I am saying.

Nigerias major problem is simply vision less, direction less and very wicked leaders.

Do you know if Nigeria just get it right in having just one smart leader. Nigeria will change.

Do you know that Singaporeans live better than Americans. Yes there per capita income is higher than US. What changed that country? It was just the vision of Lee Kwan yee. He was visionary, loved his people and effected positive changes.

Changing Nigeria just requires just;

Overhaul our education system
Massive infrastructure overhaul, electricity, roads, railway etc
Just this two things is the foundation that is required to change Nigeria.

Give Nigerians steady electricity and tell me if industrialisation won't overtake this nation. Because average Nigerian is very hardworking.

Nigeria have the population to generate a trillion dollars economy. South Africa has more than 80000 megawatts of electricity while Nigeria just have 3000mwgawats but still Nigeria has the biggest economy in Africa.

If Nigeria manage to get just 15000mwgawatts of electricity she will fly. Do we have the money for that? yes. Then why are we not having it? A very wicked leadership.

How? When obasanjo them were building power plants the ones they built. They built them far away from Niger delta gas reservoirs. The gas in Niger delta can light the entire Africa!!

But they built them away and then they required another billions of dollars to build pipelines from Niger delta to those power plants.

There are some things I don't want to say. When I look at Nigeria, I weep for this nation because we have the wherewithal to be a top ten economy on the World. We have the natural resources, the human resources, everything but it is just a very wicked, evil and vile leadership.

And running away won't solve it

Going by your explanation, you think Nigeria is ahead of America?
Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by lolasparks: 7:18pm On Aug 14, 2018
Are there nurses here searching for a chance to work in the Unites States? If yes, may I suggest that you try Serenity Home Healthcare in Lincolnwood, Illinois? They do full sponsorship to cover you and co-sponsor your dependents. I know a number of nurses that have been sponsored from their country to the US through them. You might not have the option of selecting the state where you will be placed but you can be sure that it will be a prime placement; and they really keep applicants updated every step of the way. What you need to have is your TOEFL and NCLEX which I don't think is being done in Nigeria right now but can be done in Ghana.
There is a rising need for nurses in the States, especially in home health care and the pay is really good.

Free EB-3 visa sponsorship
Free credentialing assistance
Free U.S. licensure for your assignment location
No-cost legal fees for filing visa petitions for eligible family members (we’re family-friendly)
Career placement at a leading U.S. healthcare facility
Support from arrival to permanent placement

1 Like

Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by Mrexcell(m): 7:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
stane007:
An American man who stood for a street chat with a Nigerian man, has an advice for every intelligent person in the country.

According to the American man, all he has heard about Nigeria is that 'if you don't open up your pocket and pay everyone from the lowest to the highest, you don't get anything done'. He concluded his speech by stating that ' as an intelligent person, you need to get out of Nigeria if you want to get ahead, because the powers that be wants to hold everybody down; especially women and intelligent people'.

Here is the trending video below;

https://lailasnews.com/get-out-of-nigeria-if-you-want-to-get-ahead-american-man-video/

Good talk that's simply why nigeria is not going anywhere because cow lovers are the ones running things.
Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by djon78(m): 7:35pm On Aug 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

See ehn, I love your knack for business given the market share in Nigeria. But the country is not working for the majority of her people. You spoke about effective leadership. Where are going to get the good leadership? I don’t want to delve into the divisions in the country due to lack of time and mental strength. If you are making it here, good for you but millions are not happy with the state of things.

True there is division but still people are still making it. As for political leadership Nigeria has to get it right.

Let me give you more analysis. I don't know how old you are but in the next 15 years Nigerias population is estimated to reach 400 million. Then there will be even more chaos.
We must begin to get good economic managers and planners to plan out the right pathway.

The problem the black man has is being organized, being detailed ability to manage complex things. That's our major problem And then we focus more on individual pursuit of happiness. Not for the overall common good. That is why our politicians will steal billions of dollars and stash the same money for oyibos to be using and then our people will be running to that same oyibo land to work as peasants and taken as third class citizens. I have personally traveled around the world and I have first hand account of how blacks are treated as third class citizens around the world.

See somehow we must be the change we want. Running to another mans land won't help us. But I wish you well. As you desire to leave. May it work for you.

1 Like

Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by djon78(m): 7:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
ikevictor:

Going by your explanation, you think Nigeria is ahead of America?

Did I ever say that Nigeria is ahead of America? I said some Nigerians are doing well for themselves more than some Americans.

1 Like

Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by Angelovic96: 7:45pm On Aug 14, 2018
3millionia:
we love our country n we re nt complaining everything good and flourishing in my country

Nigeria is the gretest country in the world cool

the earlier your start telling your self the bitter truth about this nation the better for u!
Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by Basiljoe: 8:12pm On Aug 14, 2018
djon78:

In this life you are either a pessimist or an optimist. The way I see things may not be the way you see things.

As far as I know. I have better chance of attaining my dreams here than anywhere else.

One of the things I have found out about life is the people you hang around with determines how you see life. It determines the opportunities you see.

Sebi one guy opened one thread lamenting how US embassy was denying almost everyone visa. They dont want you to come to there country. So stay in your country and make it better.

There are bad people everywhere. Any change one desires starts from each one of us.
No be the same Nigerians give Nigerians bad names everywhere they reside around the world.

Let me be honest with you even in America it is not easy. I have very close relatives living in US. I know how many of them live. I have childhood friends who carry American passport.

Many people are making legit money in Nigeria!! Yes. Once we see a rich person we call them 419. Drug baron etc. See how Chinese Indians and other foreigners are making it in Nigerian markets while our people are running away to be third class citizens in a foreign land.

You may have your own opinion but for me, I dey here kampe. I dey here to hustle, work hard. Give people employment. To see how many of our people I will better there lives. By God's Grace. Not to run away to another man's land and be a laughing stock.

When you travel around the world and see how the black man is treated, like a trash. You will know it's better to be here and see the way one can help to effect positive changes not running away and becoming slaves or shit.hole the likes of Trump call our people.

man must stay and take our place in this nation.

Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by Jaqenhghar: 8:15pm On Aug 14, 2018
babadee1:

Once again you're making unnecessary assumptions. You're the one talking about society while I'm talking about individuals. We come into this world as individuals and we make our own destiny as individuals regardless of wherever providence determined that we should be born. If Nigeria is not working for you then please leave, but don't deny that some people are making it work for them.

What assumptions? I know Niggerians. I know how they act around foreigners. I have worked in international firms in Niggeria amd have seen all the coonery and ass kissing Niggerians do when they see a foreigner. Niggeria is one of the few places where its citizens still call Lebanese, Chinese and Indians "master" these I see I know so whats "assumptions about wjat Im saying. You even said it here yourself that becaise a british national said he likes it here then automatically(to you) it must mean all is well. Such coonery.
Back to the state of the country I dont care how much money you make Im telling you that your money cannot buy you safety or security . Your money cannot buy you a quality education ( can you name one institution of learning that has cracked the top10 schools in africa?) your money cannot buy you quality health( why do people opt to travel abroad) your money cannot buy you the basic things. These are things the average joe in other countries gets and is able to afford. So no no mater how much money you have in this shithole you cant live a good quality of life. In fact if you have money you cant ride certain cars because thieves, kidnappers, robbers and even the police will come for your head.
So tell me how having money automatically makes life better for you here?
And FYI I already left the shithole long ago. Leaving was the best decision I ever made... no regreys whatsoever

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 14, 2018
djon78:
I don't believe this. There are many Nigerians who are more ahead in life than a lot of these Americans. So I don't believe this.

Moreover if we all run away, who will effect change in our nation. So we will stay around and keep on pressing on till all becomes well.
What assurance do I have that am not gonna die before then??
Before giving me an answer take a look at victim of SARS brutality and Benue(middle-belt) terrorism
Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by whitebeard(m): 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Have you visited other countries, to find out the true meaning of provisions of basic needs?
no
Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by kotv: 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
He did not lie. Anyone that true to him or herself know Nigeria is not a country to live in.
Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by Lexusgs430: 8:33pm On Aug 14, 2018
whitebeard:
no

I hope you do soonest, you would understand the true content of this discussion.......
Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by babadee1(m): 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

What assumptions? I know Niggerians. I know how they act around foreigners. I have worked in international firms in Niggeria amd have seen all the coonery and ass kissing Niggerians do when they see a foreigner. Niggeria is one of the few places where its citizens still call Lebanese, Chinese and Indians "master" these I see I know so whats "assumptions about wjat Im saying. You even said it here yourself that becaise a british national said he likes it here then automatically(to you) it must mean all is well. Such coonery.
Back to the state of the country I dont care how much money you make Im telling you that your money cannot buy you safety or security . Your money cannot buy you a quality education ( can you name one institution of learning that has cracked the top10 schools in africa?) your money cannot buy you quality health( why do people opt to travel abroad) your money cannot buy you the basic things. These are things the average joe in other countries gets and is able to afford. So no no mater how much money you have in this shithole you cant live a good quality of life. In fact if you have money you cant ride certain cars because thieves, kidnappers, robbers and even the police will come for your head.
So tell me how having money automatically makes life better for you here?
And FYI I already left the shithole long ago. Leaving was the best decision I ever made... no regreys whatsoever

Good. Stay where you are and don't come back. Bitter man.
Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by ChidiAlaigbo: 8:50pm On Aug 14, 2018
Zionista:
Loads of wisdom there. Doors seem to start opening the moment you've checked out. Nigeria has virtually killed the destinies of her young ones

A guy I was practically picking his bills left Nigeria in 2014 to work in the hospitality sector in Kuwait. Fast forward to 2018, he is a certified HSE professional in the topmost construction firm in the gulf region, raking in thousands of Dinar every month. He has completed two choice edifices in Lagos and his hometown.

Meanwhile ,the homeboys never even see one half plot buy. Smh

Name please, nickname, anything.
Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by Justinpm(m): 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2018
3millionia:
we love our country n we re nt complaining everything good and flourishing in my country

Nigeria is the gretest country in the world cool

Sharraap, speak for yourself.... Love which country?

2 Likes

Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by yemiosinbajo: 9:23pm On Aug 14, 2018
drakeli:
It is only in America I come to realize that you don’t need someone that knows somebody that knows somebody that know another somebody who would now be the one that knows maybe another somebody before you can get anything done.

I was going through comments and saw this, so I just decided to respond. Believe me bro, in America, you need to know someone. As a matter of fact, it is more important for you to know someone in America to rise up to the top, than in Nigeria. Do you know where the statement, "It is not about what you know but who you know" originated from? I started to hear that statement repeatedly when I came to America. Trust me, you need to build connection everywhere in the world.

post=70281312:
Everything is by following the process on your own. No sort, no bribing whatsoever. In fact you don’t need any friends if you care before you live a happy life and make progress on your own. Thanks be to God I did what the OP advised.

You and I know that "happy life" and "progress" are all subjective. Following the process alone does not always guarantee what you deserve here in America. It is very important that you know someone. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about bribery here. No one needs your bribe in America. But building bridges is very important, and it is this connection that will get you far in life.

1 Like

Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by djon78(m): 9:31pm On Aug 14, 2018
kaluxy007:

What assurance do I have that am not gonna die before then??
Before giving me an answer take a look at victim of SARS brutality and Benue(middle-belt) terrorism

Even in the US gimme. Enter schools, shows, and gun people down. Do you know the number of people killed in inner cities in US. Apart from the killings in middle belt and north, how many killings have you heard in the south, south east and west?

I will keep on saying it. The main problem here is crass ignorance. Politicians understand this and they are using it to their advantage. Everyone is looking for way to leave and go to places where they have already developed their lands. People like Trump are now telling you point blank they don't want you. There has been rapid rise in anti immigration politicians in the west. Because they are getting tired of people coming to their land. They diont want you. Is it not wise you stay in your fathers land get yourself better and make it better.

It is high time people become serious. I remember watching one documentary about Adolf Hitler. For almost 20 years he struggled for power with his ideology in Germany. He failed many times but he didn't give up. He persisted until he finally got power and wreaked havoc on the world. The same way, if you desire for good, it is not given to you on a platter of gold. You have to be persistent. Buhari has been contesting election since 2003. He was losing, but he was persistent. He finally got power in 2015. I remember one quote Dino maleye said although I don't like the Guy but I learnt something from it. Power is not handed to you on a platter of gold, if you want power, you take it.
Nigeria becoming good will come when the right minded people not giving up, persisting to bring smiles and happiness on the face of millions.

Great men in history were men who faced insurmountable difficulties, never threw in the towel and finally got there dreams. They never had anything very easy for them. They faced terrible challenges and they overcame.

1 Like

Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by maiunguwar: 9:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
One idiot ROSSIKI won't like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by diliekene: 10:03pm On Aug 14, 2018
ameri9ja:

Sometimes u have to admit that a project has failed or too corrupted to succeed. So u scrap it and start afresh. Meanwhile since the project failing is not your fault, you find your way till they fix it, if ever.
spot on bro
Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by SeriousPartner(f): 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2018
Hhhmmm! It is well with our Nigeria in Jesus name, Amen!
Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by Banmeallday: 10:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
loverboys:
Nonsense

You R the World’s nonsense

Think
Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:02pm On Aug 14, 2018
VULCAN:
But you gave Netherlands as your location! grin

Hypocrisy is a Nigerian, I swear

What's the problem with that,I live here dude,do you want to visit me in westlandgracht?
Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by dgee1(m): 11:52pm On Aug 14, 2018
djon78:

Are people not making it here big time?
No be people they buy house for banana island for 400million?
No be people are running companies, making profit, employing people?

Bros me personally, I don't really fancy abroad. It's rather to go for vacation. I rather live here. My ambition is more in ensuring my Ltd company I started some years ago grows to a very credible and successful entity. I am more of an entrepreneur. Where people see problems I look for solutions.

It's not easy here, but we can't give up. Or run away.

Bro, I still hope that one day God will touch your heart to look in my direction. I have a degree in Applied chemistry and ready to do anything legit in order to be productively engaged.

It is frustrating being jobless after school especially after doing one's best to graduate with a good grade. Just looking for where to contribute and be useful.

Thank you.
Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by judondasylva(m): 6:45am On Aug 15, 2018
That is very true. Nigeria à living hell
Re: 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) by Maj196(m): 7:38am On Aug 15, 2018
Nigeria is a dream killer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obasanjo And Peter Obi Met Earlier Today In Abeokuta- Picture / Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra / London Court Orders Diezani To Wear Electronic Tag, Imposes Other Bail Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.