Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Apple may Start Renting It’s Apps To Iphone Users Instead Of Selling Them. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple may Start Renting It’s Apps To Iphone Users Instead Of Selling Them. (518 Views)

What Apple May Actually Be Planning For The Iphone 13 Series... / Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon / Apple May Face Criminal Charges In France Over Iphone Slowdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple may Start Renting It’s Apps To Iphone Users Instead Of Selling Them. by TechCapon(m): 12:52pm On Aug 14, 2018
TechCapon

Apple which is the first company in the world to hit a trillion dollar is already making new strategy to increase it’s revenue even more. According to popular news outlet “Business Insider”, Apple invited it’s major iOS apps developers to a meeting in New York asking developers to go for subscription plans of apps instead of charging a one-time fee. The reason behind this request is the fact that subscription-based apps fetch more revenue than the apps that are sold in exchange for one-time payment. This shows that the company and it’s CEO Tim Cook are not satisfied with being the only company worth one Trillion dollars, they want more and more.

What does this new strategy mean for iPhone users.

It will interest you to know that for any app sold on the Apple App store, apple gets a 20% commission automatically and this means if app developers start collecting subscription fees for it’s apps, Apple makes more money in return. This new strategy will not favor iPhone users when it is finally implemented because it means they have to renew subscriptions for apps all the time in order to enjoy their iPhones. Only die-hard Apple fans would love this new strategy while others may be forced to jump into the Android world.

Greed or business strategy ?

Well, the good thing about it is that the developers will now be forced to work harder than usual in bringing constant updates and improvements to the apps. The users will have more power over the developers in saying what changes they would like to see in future updates. It’s a win-win for everyone especially if you are rich enough to maintain it. Already there are thousands of subscription apps for a lot of apps on the app store such as Netflix, Tinder, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.

SOURCE:http://techcapon.com/apple-wants-to-start-renting-its-apps-to-iphone-users-instead-of-selling-them/

lalasticlala
mynd44
dominique

1 Like

Re: Apple may Start Renting It’s Apps To Iphone Users Instead Of Selling Them. by Waakanda: 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2018
"Money" has always been Apple's motivation for everything. Do I blame them though?
Re: Apple may Start Renting It’s Apps To Iphone Users Instead Of Selling Them. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2018
Waakanda:
"Money" has always been Apple's motivation for everything. Do I blame them though?
yeah but I think they're beginning to get greedy. There are many Americans who spend a whole year just paying installments on apple products. How will they cope with this new strategy? They're not considerate at all....

1 Like

Re: Apple may Start Renting It’s Apps To Iphone Users Instead Of Selling Them. by 9elly(m): 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2018
cheesy Me wen i was thinking bout getting an Iphone

tongue Me after i read this
Re: Apple may Start Renting It’s Apps To Iphone Users Instead Of Selling Them. by OVA200(m): 9:41pm On Aug 14, 2018
Apple is a great company always getting their plan right. A welcome development
Re: Apple may Start Renting It’s Apps To Iphone Users Instead Of Selling Them. by Lexusgs430: 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2018
Make all those chopping apple, come follow us chop droid...

Even Google try this nonsense, we use modded apps... Simples.......
Re: Apple may Start Renting It’s Apps To Iphone Users Instead Of Selling Them. by ollah2: 12:17am On Aug 15, 2018
Everything about Apple is money and money yet they strip their phones off useful features. They make loads of money but still evade tax, this is height of greediness but iSheep will say it's the best thing to do.
Re: Apple may Start Renting It’s Apps To Iphone Users Instead Of Selling Them. by ollah2: 12:18am On Aug 15, 2018
lofty900:
yeah but I think they're beginning to get greedy. There are many Americans who spend a whole year just paying installments on apple products. How will they cope with this new strategy? They're not considerate at all....

They have always been greedy.
Re: Apple may Start Renting It’s Apps To Iphone Users Instead Of Selling Them. by seunfly: 2:04am On Aug 15, 2018
No matter how big and powerful an empire his, something will trigger their fall and it is usually when they are at the peak. I hope this is not for Apple.
Re: Apple may Start Renting It’s Apps To Iphone Users Instead Of Selling Them. by Erudite01: 11:38am On Aug 17, 2018
This is very very bad of apple, if its implemented they will lose a whole lot of customers

(1) (Reply)

Install Custom Rom On Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro / New A1823 - Ipad (5th Generation) Wi-fi + Cellular For Sale. / Lenovo S5 Pro With Dual Front Camera Launched: Price, Specs And Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.