Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report (25711 Views)

Lagos Ranks Second On World’s Least Livable Cities - EIU / EIU: Lagos Is The World’s Most Dangerous City / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by tstx(m): 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
Giant of Africa, Nigeria, have been featured in international rankings once again in THE GLOBAL LIVEABILITY INDEX 2018 REPORT And this time the city of Lagos is our focal point.

Nigeria's commercial nerve center and golden city is the worst city to live in Africa.

The revelation is according to the Economist Intelligence Unit, EIU's 2018 ranking of the world's most liveable cities. Lagos city was ranked 138th of the 140 countries ranked by the EIU.

With a relatively low score of 38.5 per cent, Lagos was just a little above Syria's war-torn capital, Damascus, and Bangladesh's Dhaka. Both cities are hotbeds of violence, destruction and war.

Lagos was closely followed by Zimbabwe's Harare, the city was ranked 135th and had an
overall rating of 42.6. Also with a rating of 20.8/100 the city had the worst health care in Africa followed by Cameroon's Doula which got the second worst healthcare in Africa with a score of 25.0/100.

This is not Lagos first rodeo, sometime around march 2018 Mercer’s also ranked Lagos among the worst cities to live in Africa.

Report Summary
According to this years ranking, Lagos, Nigeria (138) was the lowest ranking African city for quality of living as the worst city to live in Africa.
They are followed by Zimbabwe, Harare (135), Libya, Tripoli (134), Camoroun, Douala (133) and Algeria, Algiers (132) make up the Top 5.

Below are The worst cities to live in Africa 2018 according to EIU

6. Senegal. Dakar
(10th in the world)
5. Algeria, Algiers(9th in the world)
4. Cameroon, Douala
(8th in the world)
3. Libya, Tripoli
(7th in the world)
2. Zimbabwe, Harare
(6th in the world)
1. Nigeria, Lagos
(3rd worst in the world)

The Economic Intelligence Unit examined factors such as stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education, infrastructure in its latest ranking.

Source: https://listwand.com/2018/08/worst-cities-to-live-in-africa-2018-eiu-report/

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by tribalistseun: 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2018
Na true na.

If you doubt me stand around mile2 or oshodi bridge by 10pm - 11pm.

OYO is your case.

157 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by SolutionMee: 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2018
I'm not surprised cuz the last time I visited Nigeria, I was taken aback as to how an unkempt city like Lagos seem to be the Silicon Valley of the unorganized nation

Honestly, If I was Bill Gate, the only business I will have with Nigerians is to buy their country. Use it for stock trade in America big firms and allow Top Tech companies to buy a share of it. What I'm saying is that in the realm of my imagination, your country is sold-off already. I even heard that your PVC is now on large Chinese online store like Alibaba. You guys should just calm down and chill. Gradually, we're getting there as your country will soon be on Amazon and the poorest man in America will add it to cart. Meanwhile, the last time I checked, most underdeveloped countries don't exceed $17 million when put up for sale online. If I'm lucky to be the buyer as an American, it'll be nice having a country dominated with primitive minds and black mentality and refurbishing it after all.

63 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by tstx(m): 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2018
tribalistseun:
Na true na.
If you doubt me stand around mile2 or oshodi bridge by 11pm.
Wetin dey happen there... them dey share money?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Demmzy15(m): 2:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
The reason I don't believe these so-called news is because they are void of facts. How can Baghdad, Juba, Tegucigalpa, San Salvador, Mosul and other murder stricken cities be better than Lagos?

That's how one nonsense published that Nigeria has superceded India in poverty (!?) It just doesn't make sense, Indians are well over a billion(1.3 billion) and 60% of these population don't have access to toilets which is around 780 million people. So if 780 million people don't have a basic structure as a toilet, how on earth does Nigeria a country of 200 million people have more living in poverty? angry

Seriously, I smell a big conspiracy.

Anyways, Baba Buhari till 2023

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by googi: 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2018
Immediately I think of Tripoli Libya, Damascus, Lebanon, Bagdad and other cities in Afghanistan, I know this is rubbish.

They go to peaceful cities, destroy them, create chaos to drive the people into desert and sea, then call them unlivable.

Maybe if they stop their economic sabotage the world would be a better place.

Imagine imposing sanctions on African countries for banning their used clothes.

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by ruggedmallaam(m): 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
After Buhari, 2023 is going to be Osinbajo and Col Hameed Ali for president.like if you agree share if you don't

7 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by 3millionia: 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
grin
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by ObservantFellow: 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
But it's about the best for the average Nigerian.
Opportunities are far and few in the other cities in Nigeria.
So, the pressure remains centralised in Lagos, hence the 'badness'.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Macopol01(m): 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2018
Another rubbish post again

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Aboguede(m): 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2018
How come?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by chrisifeanyi: 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2018
They are right. When afonja will tell women not to come out due to one nonsense tradition is that one city?

29 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by myners007: 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
what abt Maiduguri?

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
Lies undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Sharpshooota: 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
Afonjas don scatter our Lagos

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Timil: 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
How is that even possible, when we have poorly developed areas like warri, umuahya, onitsha, uyo, akwa, birnin-kebbi, yola, bauchi and co.

Only a fool will believe this nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by dermmy(m): 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
Me wey still dey plan to move to Lagos. Why this discouragement

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Sharpshooota: 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
myners007:
what abt Maiduguri?

They no dey talk about security
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by wellmax(m): 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2018
Eko oni baje.

Lagos dey world map at least

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Lilimax(f): 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2018
Shey na our Mega city una dey rubbish like this undecided?

Anyway, with the level of dirts and garbages in the city of Lagos, it is enough to award them this result.
VISION SCAPE is a fraud! embarassed

The present government in Alausa should look into on how to achieve a cleaner level as it used to be before....

20 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Timil: 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2018
Sharpshooota:
Afonjas Aliens from the other regions of Nigeria outside south west don scatter our Lagos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Jaqenhghar: 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2018
Demmzy15:
The reason I don't believe these so-called news is because they are void of facts. How can Baghdad, Juba, Tegucigalpa, San Salvador, Mosul and other murder stricken cities be better than Lagos?

That's how one nonsense published that Nigeria has superceded India in poverty (!?) It just doesn't make sense, Indians are well over a billion(1.3 billion) and 60% of these population don't have access to toilets which is around 780 million people. So if 780 million people don't have a basic structure as a toilet, how on earth does Nigeria a country of 200 million people have more living in poverty? angry

They said Africa nah. When did India and Mosul become parts of africa

29 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by naijapips04: 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2018
Demmzy15:

How many percentage of Nigerians have access to toilet? You wouldn't believe these facts now because its happening in your buhari era. If it were to be GEJ in charge, you'd be all over the news. Hypocrites.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by YorubaEmir: 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2018
Demmzy15:

5/10 and 80/160 are still 50 percent. The ranking is based on percentage and not individual head count. If 60 percent of Nigerians are poor and 40 percent of Indians are poor, which country is poorer,
60 percent means 60 out of every hundred people. 40 percent means 40 out of every 100 people. Which is worst?

35 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
Hahaha... Come to Lokoja, then you'll believe... Shioor

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by DeeGeeNee: 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
Too overcrowded

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by ameri9ja: 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
This is based on old data. Lagos is no longer so bad.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic / Gully Erosion Destroys Over 30 Buildings,Displaces Over 50,000 People In Anambra / Flood At Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos Lobby During Rainfall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.