Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. (43340 Views)

US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely / Thousands To Miss Visa Appointments As US Embassy Closes Indefinitely / U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section (2) (3) (4)

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 14, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

I don't blame them shall. Nobody want to stay in an unstable country either for business or any other reasons

But they can't leave abruptly like that without explanations

WHY wont they close it.

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by NothingDoMe: 10:34pm On Aug 14, 2018
Springdale:

These people that revoked my US visa by fetching excuses.

They didn’t mention the reason for the sudden closure either.

Nigeria go better laslas

Sorry but what do you mean by fetching excuses?
Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
LordSaints:
I don't really care about Mexico and the post isn't about Mexico it's about Nigerian.nigerians should stop voting for useless leaders, in the hope of after all I can travel to the U. S and be an American citizen so I don't really care if Nigerian move forward or not. They really need to stop that kind of mindset if not them go hear am.

It's not about us, I just got my PVC. But then, I still know the votes will be rigged.

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by NothingDoMe: 10:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
KDK:
Probably for security reasons.
KDK that could be true. Then again it could be premeditated action to drive down the number of applicants. I think people are still absconding to Canay.

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by tunesboyo(m): 10:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
phemsie:
But why?

When I was just thinking of sending in my visa application. I heard there's 70% chance of getting visa in Abuja, compared to 10% chance in Lagos.

This is bad news

Go to Cotonou and apply @d American embassy there, the indigenes rarely apply. So in a nut shell the embassy go bless you with visa. wink

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by john650(m): 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2018
The Trump administration is basically cutting back on the number of visas they're handing out to Nigerians. All part of his effort to reduce the number of Nigerians entering the U.S. on visiting visa only to turn around and file for asylum or become an illegal immigrant.

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by Afamed: 10:43pm On Aug 14, 2018
LordSaints:
I don't really care about Mexico and the post isn't about Mexico it's about Nigerian.nigerians should stop voting for useless leaders, in the hope of after all I can travel to the U. S and be an American citizen so I don't really care if Nigerian move forward or not. They really need to stop that kind of mindset if not them go hear am.
Perhaps you know next to nothing about the current US visa issuance. It not about bad or good leader. It's about the policy of Trump. If you have gotten yourself informed about the happenings around the world recently, you will know people from China, Spain were recently denied US visa. Will you say , they don't elect good leaders in their countries? Next time get informed before politicizing every situation in Nigeria. It's not about good/ bad leaders, it's about America/ Trump policy.

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 14, 2018
oluwasegun007:
That extra pressure on Lagos office....

Too bad.

Now my MIL will be delayed angry
Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by enemyofprogress: 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2018
deepwater:
LOL
what's funny?if I tear you slap you go see your menses today

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by enemyofprogress: 11:00pm On Aug 14, 2018
phemsie:
But why?

When I was just thinking of sending in my visa application. I heard there's 70% chance of getting visa in Abuja, compared to 10% chance in Lagos.

This is bad news
come make I give you eyebrow wey you go put for eyes go meet them,walahi dem no born dem well to say no to you, unless dem no look your face
Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by NosaHenry(m): 11:02pm On Aug 14, 2018
I suspect guilty conscience. i saw this coming because they were just ripping off Nigerians without giving visas.
Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by Yankee101: 11:03pm On Aug 14, 2018
More Buhari. Less visas. When president is not presidential and can't pick his phone to make the State Dept change its mind.
Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by sircrabo: 11:05pm On Aug 14, 2018
Its not just about closing, the CIA might have uncovered a plot to attack the embassy. There are some Intel they don't share

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by Springdale: 11:06pm On Aug 14, 2018
NothingDoMe:
Sorry but what do you mean by fetching excuses?

They brought up weird reasons to revoke it. Weird weird
Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by Lowrenzojacuzzi: 11:07pm On Aug 14, 2018
dainformant:
The United States Embassy has revealed that it has shut its visa and consular services section at its embassy in Abuja indefinitely. The Embassy disclosed this in a press statement issued on Tuesday as it did not give reason for the decision.

Read the press statement below;

Temporary Closure of U.S. Embassy Abuja’s Consular Section

Until further notice, all consular appointments at the U.S. Embassy in Abuja have temporarily ceased for both visa and for American Citizen Services (ACS). Consular functions in U.S. Consulate Lagos are not affected and will continue. 

Scheduled visa and ACS applicants for Abuja will be contacted for rescheduling. 

American citizens in northern Nigeria with emergency services needs should continue to contact the after-hours emergency number for Abuja at 09461-4000 and press “0” to go to the operator to request assistance. 

American citizens in northern Nigeria with urgent travel needs who are travelling before Tuesday and who are willing to re-schedule their travel through Lagos should contact the ACS office at Consulate Lagos ( 01460 3400 and LagosACS@state.gov) to discuss their options.

Those travelling after Tuesday should follow up with Abuja ACS to confirm their appointments closer to their appointment date. 

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/08/temporary-closure-of-u-s-embassy-abujas-consular-section.html
what about those that already have been booked for appointment?
Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by egojeny1(f): 11:18pm On Aug 14, 2018
dynicks:
make una pity person na!...which kain life be this....ehm! oga immigration; bros! nwanne biko open door I wan yahn u something personal!....bros abeg have pity on me....just look me bros; pity me na.....abeg! Bros na u I dey talk to; no treat me like this abeg! epp me! hello! hello bros ; look who dey talk to u na...
Chai laughter hv kee me here o!
U wan travel by all means??
Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by Mouthgag: 11:23pm On Aug 14, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Beta..

Dan chopping Naija money.
My cousin HV spend mor Dan 700k applying for us visa.

He HV apply almost 13 times in 2 years
Good they didn't give him
He'll go and start running around as illegal immigrant.

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by peacengine(m): 11:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
JWTheocracy1:
This is Nigeria... Look how we living now. grin grin grin Kudos America! Please close everything in that hole shit.

See this Ivorian nigga laughing at us. This is a sign of sadistic psychopathic behavior, to rejoice @ people's pain. Go get checked bro
Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by Dubem07: 11:31pm On Aug 14, 2018
Please I want to ask some one applying visa at the U.S. embassy it's necessary that his or her international passport be disvirgin to enable him or her get a visa please explain more
Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by 360command: 11:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
phemsie:
But why?

This is bad news
wrong.. They have allocated a quota for each embassy and its all equal. The same way you talk I have seen people who said the opposite. The truth is go with real facts and present yourself by speaking openly and make it convincing why you should come back home.

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by Afamed: 11:46pm On Aug 14, 2018
Dubem07:
Please I want to ask some one applying visa at the U.S. embassy it's necessary that his or her international passport be disvirgin to enable him or her get a visa please explain more
Not necessary, however, it's just the general believe that you can hardly get a visa in US embassy if you don't have any travel experiences. It's more like 50/ 50. You might be given and you might not be given. But you have more chances , if you have already gotten another country Visa in your passport before you take it to US embassy. US VOs are more interested in your ability and sincerity, that if you are provided Visa , will you come back to your home country? Hence, you need to convince them with your interview and whatever document you have to convince them.

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by blacknp(m): 12:23am On Aug 15, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Beta..

Dan chopping Naija money.
My cousin HV spend mor Dan 700k applying for us visa.

He HV apply almost 13 times in 2 years
Interesting I won't be surprised if his desperado actions added to this development,he shouldn't drive the United States Embassy to Ghana for us,on the serioius note I heard they are thinking of moving their embassy to Daura from Abuja,like they did from Tel Aviv to Jerusalemn,pdp said it was part of the agreement reached on President's Buhari's visit to meet the Yankees President Donald J Trump?

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 15, 2018
Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by alexola20(m): 1:53am On Aug 15, 2018

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by sammirano: 2:01am On Aug 15, 2018
omocalabar:
Pls close Lagos own too... We die here

Thats the spirit.

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by Makalele1: 2:19am On Aug 15, 2018
They should bring their office to sagamu

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by namio10: 2:25am On Aug 15, 2018
Trump Effect. Trump is working. If Nigeria's politicians continue to refuse to make the country livable for the middle class who mostly seek for visa to leave Nigeria, before long, the middle class shall join the dehumanized masses to EAT the politicians.

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by namio10: 2:36am On Aug 15, 2018
Trump Effect.
Hopefully, other developed countries shall take a cue.

Restructure Nigeria politically so that the country can work for all, but a section of Nigeria which believes it's favoured by the unitary governance system and political structure rigged by its military dictators refuses; it holds other sections of Nigeria hostage in one failed system.

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by Princedapace(m): 2:42am On Aug 15, 2018
Springdale:

These people that revoked my US visa by fetching excuses.

They didn’t mention the reason for the sudden closure either.

Nigeria go better laslas

hahahahaham my brother, nigeria no fit better las las..

If we dont change the system of govt here, forget ettt, e no fit better.

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by Nobody: 2:44am On Aug 15, 2018
Afamed:

Perhaps you know next to nothing about the current US visa issuance. It not about bad or good leader. It's about the policy of Trump. If you have gotten yourself informed about the happenings around the world recently, you will know people from China, Spain were recently denied US visa. Will you say , they don't elect good leaders in their countries? Next time get informed before politicizing every situation in Nigeria. It's not about good/ bad leaders, it's about America/ Trump policy.

You might be onto something here, Trump administration has also slowed/frozen citizenship application for green card holders.
Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by jookco(m): 3:12am On Aug 15, 2018
If you are doing fine in Nigeria , no need running to America. The richest Nigerians are in Nigeria. America na for us we no arrange ourselves wells for Nija.

Re: Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. by Nobody: 3:13am On Aug 15, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
13 times.
He say he will kip trying until dey giv him out of pity.

No they won't. They will notice his desperation (if they already haven't) and place him on a 10 year ban. When that happens, he can apply everyday in that 10 years and he will be denied a visa.

18 Common Road Signs That Most Motorists In Nigeria Don’t Know Their Meanings / Inside Turkey's Half A £billion "Flying Mansion" Plane Gift From Qatari's Ruler / Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51