Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media (13132 Views)

Army Uncovers 40 Wells Where Oil Thieves ‘Fetch’ Crude Oil / Nigerian Army Uncovers Illegal Kaduna Gun Factory, Recovers Weapons (pics) / Nigerian Army Uncovers Illegal Bunkering Camp In Bayelsa (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by iGist: 6:43am On Aug 15, 2018
GistMore.com

The Nigerian army says it has uncovered social media accounts used by a faction of the Boko Haram group to recruit new members.

According to NAN, Murtala Usman, artillery commander of operation Lafiya Dole, disclosed this while speaking at the ongoing Nigerian army combat support training week in Maiduguri.

Usman said insurgents from the Albarnawi faction of the Boko Haram group were recruiting new members on social media platforms like Facebook, WhatsApp, SnapChat, Instagram and Youtube, adding that the social media accounts had 2,000 followers.

He added that the army discovered this while interrogating a “highly-placed Boko Haram commander known as Malu-Mamman Barde’”, who was tracked and apprehended 40km South of Rann area in Kala-Balge local government area of Borno state.

“Barde is among the most wanted Boko Haram suspect that had committed so many atrocities against humanity,” he said.

“Through the suspect’s mobile phone, we found several videos soliciting finance for the group. We also found offensive some other videos where Barde was seen preaching Jihad and the ideology of the group.

Most of Barde’s pictures were that of Abu-Mosad Albarnawi and other Boko Haram fighter posing with anti-air craft guns, rockets and Boko Haram flag.”

GIST FROM GISTMORE
http://gistmore.com/army-uncovers-boko-haram-recruitment-link-social-media

Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by iGist: 6:44am On Aug 15, 2018
sad

Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by Alejoc(m): 6:54am On Aug 15, 2018
Just send our yahoo boys to them.... Then will drain them!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by agbonkamen(f): 6:58am On Aug 15, 2018
This country has expired long time ago I pray God turns things around soonest

Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:04am On Aug 15, 2018
undecided undecided
Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by missunknown: 8:42am On Aug 15, 2018
And I'm supposed to believe this? undecided

Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by Drjafy: 8:42am On Aug 15, 2018
That’s serious
Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by ORACLE1975(m): 8:42am On Aug 15, 2018
What next now....can you please give us the Link so that we can be sure it not FAKE NEWS.

Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by Benjaniblinks(m): 8:44am On Aug 15, 2018
I For Apply O

Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by lifestyle1(m): 8:45am On Aug 15, 2018
Please someone should remind me the meaning of boko haram ....

Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by Caseless: 8:46am On Aug 15, 2018
Must they explain how they did it?

They must tell you they tracked him via phone. Stupid people with poor intelligence .

Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by lastmessenger: 8:48am On Aug 15, 2018
They were technically defeated a long time ago
Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by Toosure70: 8:57am On Aug 15, 2018
stop this lie Abeg. Boko Haram no know social media.
Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 15, 2018
Where is the social media handle? Abi na propaganda? How many of those illiterates can operate Nokia 1100
Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by AceRoyal: 9:06am On Aug 15, 2018
Boko Haram and Hypocrisy
Nigerian Army and disorganization/lies

Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by Skepticus: 9:06am On Aug 15, 2018
Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by dokunbam(m): 9:08am On Aug 15, 2018
Toosure70:

BH that can create and upload HD videos to internet abi
Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by Muyiwaipere(m): 9:10am On Aug 15, 2018
I don't understand who is confused ....is it the army or the media?....I thought they said they have TECHNICALLY defeated boko haram..... Where is this one coming from again?
Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by gurunlocker: 9:25am On Aug 15, 2018
They don't want western education and they are using western technologies and social media. Will studying of Quran makes one develop FB, YT, TW, IG and all?
Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by loverboys: 9:26am On Aug 15, 2018
Oh God save Nigeria

Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by Butterflyle0: 9:27am On Aug 15, 2018
Caseless:
Must they explain how they did it?

They must tell you they tracked him via phone. Stupid people with poor intelligence .

Learn to read with understanding. They never said they tracked him using his phone. They just mentioned his phone when they were talking about videos and images found on his phone.
Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by Butterflyle0: 9:29am On Aug 15, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Where is the social media handle? Abi na propaganda? How many of those illiterates can operate Nokia 1100

By now you should know that the main leaders in boko haram are not illiterates. They have many mercenaries from other countries in their midst who are probably ex military or former guerilla soldiers from other war torn countries
Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 15, 2018
lies.

Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by magzey: 9:32am On Aug 15, 2018
Toosure70:
I wonder how you take survive in your remote village.try and buy n sense
Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by justseyi(m): 9:46am On Aug 15, 2018
Alejoc:
Just send our yahoo boys to them.... Then will drain them!

LOL. Drain them well!!!!!!!

Nairalander I need your support to help my site grow. Please sign up and answer questions or even ask questions on it. Please it will mean a lot to me.

https://www.studentvillage.one/questions/?ap_sort=unanswered
Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by Rindo69: 9:55am On Aug 15, 2018
So you found a recruitment link, rather than the DIA to put a mole in there using the link to infiltrate the organization you announce that you found a link. Military Intelligence at its best
Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by Jabioro: 10:04am On Aug 15, 2018
Our security chieves are not security wise,how can dilvuged such vital info to the public.Why can't you plant moles through the links..our DSS/SSS that were purely created to be undercovers agent had now become pronunced,it is dick and harry matters pursueing Saraki and Dogora..the army is also an entertainers.Can you see yourself?
Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by taretoofine(m): 10:12am On Aug 15, 2018
lifestyle1:

i get the idea cheesy, No to western education e.g google
Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 15, 2018
lifestyle1:

It is called ISLAMIC BOKO HARAM
Re: Army Uncovers Boko Haram Recruitment Link On Social Media by Richwole: 10:54am On Aug 15, 2018
So many unemployed youth will now apply .....

Police Arrest Two Suspects For Killing Two Brothers In Aba / EFCC Docks Man For Love Scam / Man Who Burnt His 7-Year-Old Son With Hot Pressing Iron Arrested In Abuja (Pics)