Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,416 members, 7,800,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Letter To Saraki Circulating On Social Media Was Written In 2013- Edwin Clark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter To Saraki Circulating On Social Media Was Written In 2013- Edwin Clark (607 Views)

Buhari Reacts To Saraki's Supreme Court Judgement Over False Assets Declaration / Shehu Sani Reacts To Saraki's Looming Arrest, Police Invitation / Nigerians React To Saraki's Impending Arrest, As DSS Withdraws His Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To Saraki Circulating On Social Media Was Written In 2013- Edwin Clark by agabusta: 8:29am On Aug 15, 2018
I didn’t write new letter to Saraki, says Edwin Clark

Theophilus Onojeghen, Warri

An elder statesman and convener of the Pan-Niger Delta Forum, Chief Edwin Clark, has denied writing an open letter to the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki, saying that the letter which is trending on the social media is the handiwork of mischief makers.

Clark, who clarified that though he wrote a letter five years ago to the Senate President, the said letter written in 2013, and circulating on the social media, was aimed at misinforming and misleading the public.

In a statement he personally signed on Wednesday, the Ijaw national leader observed that the issue which prompted the letter had been adequately addressed.

He stated that he was proud of Saraki for protecting the legacies of his late father, Dr Olusola Saraki.

Clark said, “The said letter which I wrote over five years ago was written out of despair and anger, at the time, to reach Dr Bukola Saraki, who was then the Governor of Kwara State, in order to mediate in a misunderstanding between my very close friend, his father, late Dr Olusola Saraki, Waziri Ilorin, his daughter Senator Gbemi Saraki on one side, and his son, Dr Bukola Saraki.

“The circumstances that led to my writing the letter had been settled long ago. Today, Bukola Saraki is my son with whom I enjoy a good relationship. It is, therefore, surprising that this letter written over five years ago was altered in the said social media publication to suit the whims of the authors.

“Let me reinstate that the late Dr Olusola Saraki, father of the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki, was my very good friend and colleague in the Senate of the Second Republic where he was the Senate Leader. Thereafter, both of us were leaders of our respective geopolitical zones. While he was the leader of the Northern Union, I was the Leader of the South-South Peoples Assembly.

“Today, I have a duty to stand by my son, Dr Bukola Saraki, and also defend him, from any act of persecution, aimed at destroying his illustrious political career and his father’s rich legacy.”

Copyright PUNCH.

punchng.com © 1971-2018 The Punch newspaper

https://punchng.com/i-didnt-write-new-letter-to-saraki-says-edwin-clark/?

Mynd44, OAM4J
Re: Letter To Saraki Circulating On Social Media Was Written In 2013- Edwin Clark by agabusta: 8:32am On Aug 15, 2018
Well, Chief, you may think the circumstances has changed, but even till now, Saraki's actions shows the trappings of a man with zero loyalty if his personal interest is not guaranteed. He did it with his Dad, his Sister, GEJ and now PMB.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Saraki Circulating On Social Media Was Written In 2013- Edwin Clark by Tolexander: 8:52am On Aug 15, 2018
agabusta:
Well Chief, you may think the circumstances has changed, but even till now, Saraki's actions shows the trappings of a man with zero loyalty if his personal interest is not guaranteed. He did it with his Dad, his Sister, GEJ and now PMB.
The fact is that everyone you mentioned has one personal interest or the other. Does that mean Bukola Saraki should compromise and sacrifice his personal interest for theirs?

Life is all about survival with zero loyalty to the threat to one's survival.
Re: Letter To Saraki Circulating On Social Media Was Written In 2013- Edwin Clark by nellyelitz(m): 9:11am On Aug 15, 2018
I feel the job was hatched by the SOPHISTICATED MORONS, an APC supporter can even deny his/her 1yr old child or his name because of Buhari
Re: Letter To Saraki Circulating On Social Media Was Written In 2013- Edwin Clark by agabusta: 9:22am On Aug 15, 2018
Tolexander:
The fact is that everyone you mentioned has one personal interest or the other. Does that mean Bukola Saraki should compromise and sacrifice his personal interest for theirs?

Life is all about survival with zero loyalty to the threat to one's survival.

You are right, but you don't have to win always. Loyalty is a gift not possessed by everyone. Loyalty demands that in some scenarios, personal interest is put aside.

I understand that aggressive achievers are usually not loyal, but some sensitive positions require highly loyal people. Now I don't mean to equate loyalty with ass-licking.
Re: Letter To Saraki Circulating On Social Media Was Written In 2013- Edwin Clark by shaklisco(m): 9:28am On Aug 15, 2018
[color=#000099][/color]your wahala and ur palava
Re: Letter To Saraki Circulating On Social Media Was Written In 2013- Edwin Clark by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 15, 2018
agabusta:

You are right, but you don't have to win always. Loyalty is a gift not possessed by everyone. Loyalty demands that in some scenarios, personal interest is put aside.

I understand that aggressive achievers are usually not loyal, but some sensitive positions require highly loyal people. Now I don't mean to equate loyalty with ass-licking.

Do you know when Saraki started nursing Presidential ambition?

Saraki stepped down for Yar’adua

Will the man get to his grave before standing up for his own aspirations?

Saraki initially said he will not run if PMB wants a second term. The problem is PMB has failed and really have no right to sick Re-election. PMB also has health issues

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Steps Down / Wow See What A Very Respectful Yoruba Girl Did Before Entering A Bank, See Pic / Shekarau Dumps PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.