Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) (165175 Views)

Honda Vs Volkswagen Vs Nissan ( Nigeria Use) / Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan / Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Felixv: 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2010
i guess as a honda driver i just have to add to this thread,

I bought the latest honda two years ago,that was when it came out.The journey to my eventually buying this car was quite interesting.I probably read every forum and thread on the latest honda,it had great reviews.
The cars i was going to choose from where toyota camry,maxda 626 and of course the honda account.I was actually driving a company hyundai sonata at the time, I hated it,

The toyota camry is excellent on smooth straight highways,got a nice interior,plain body shape,nice fuel consumption, but absolutely no pickup.Taking corners was bad,you could actually feel the tail spin.and also most of the people driving  toyotas are older boring folks,

The honda on the other hand was good at pickups.you actually felt the zeal,the roar of the engine and the power.bends also not too great,a slight tail spin whilst the exterior looked alot better than toyotas, Fuel consumption was moderate,if not good.
But i really loved the honda,it looks pretty.great curves and it is a drivers car.so i will definitely recommend the honda , the couple is absolutely gorgeous,the v6 is the car to buy,

thanks

fe

1 Like

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 24, 2010
I'm not a fan of either Honda or Toyota, as I prefer German cars.

But still, I do keep abreast of what's happening with all marques of car, both technical, performance and visual appeal. I find Toyota soul destroyingly boring, driving a Camry is akin to driving an old Volvo. It's s not a young person's car, in the performance stakes, a Camry isn't a match for an Accord of the same model year. Nigerians mostly buy cars they're used to, or feel their mechanics can cope with. I buy a car I'll actually enjoy driving, I spend a lot of time on the road, so the comfort and performance of any car are very important to me.

All manufacturer's have recalls, no disputing that. But Toyota's recalls are a worry, and one of the largest in recent times. The recall campaign is actually larger than that of cheaper offerings, from the likes of Kia, Daewoo and Proton, who are relatively new in the automobile industry. I work on cars for a living, and have seen Toyota's with defects that have to be seen to be believed. I'm talking cars that are quite new, some under two years old, in the fleet sector.

Honda, on the other hand, have models that appeal to every age - mechanically, they're above Toyota, they have driver's appeal, the look more pleasing to the eye. In other words, the Honda Accord is a true Driver's Car, whereas the Toyota Camry is dull and uninspiring, and handles like a barge. Bar the Toyota Supra (second generation) in terms of performance cars, Toyota doesn't have it, while Honda has sporty models, right from the small super minis, to the family sedans / wagons.

If you want to blend in with the crowd, then buy a Toyota. But if you want a car that ticks virtually every box, and is a pleasure to be in, even for long journeys, then settle for a Honda.

Oh, I forgot to add - the Honda hasn't got dodgy brake / accelerator pedals, so is less likely to kill you!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Iceugwa(m): 9:51pm On Jun 24, 2010
Carmy is lovely esp the latest model. But ODE is the bomb. Pls go for it. I prefer ode
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 24, 2010
^^^ What's an ODE?
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by bigfather(m): 10:05pm On Jun 24, 2010
Siena:

^^^ What's an ODE?

I tire o ! My first car was an honda and it was so terrible for me then,it's from one issue to another. I tried a civic 2001 model but i still found no joy until i met this beauty called TOYOTA ! So smooth and meeeennn, I can't shout jooorrrr, It's my TOYOTA or Nothing o'jare ! grin
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by inspiredm(m): 10:07pm On Jun 24, 2010
Iceugwa:

Carmy is lovely esp the latest model. But ODE is the bomb. Pls go for it. I prefer ode

Siena:

^^^ What's an ODE?  

He Probably meant EOD an acronym for End of Discussion ( Honda Accord 2003 - 2005 )

But he probably unknowingly Interchanged the diminuitive to be ODE ( Of Discussion End(ed) )

All Join.  cheesy cheesy
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by chelseabmw(m): 10:33pm On Jun 24, 2010
OvieE:

Which one is better? dstv or my mytv?

By the way Honda forever

Are u kidding?Ask me again.U are just too funny
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 24, 2010
I dont want to sound sentimental cos of every1 in my family are using honda. Let the truth be told accord na baba any day

3 Likes

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 24, 2010
Iceugwa:

I think mumu is better than ODE?
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by itua10(m): 11:17pm On Jun 24, 2010
from the internet,

Today, no clash is more significant than, Accord versus Camry? You bet.Over the past decade, the Honda Accord and the Toyota Camry have waged war over "bestseller" bragging rights, with each moving around 400,000 per year. Camry has taken the title nine of the last 10 years, but Accord has always been right on its tail, even grabbing the title in 2001. For greater perspective, since Toyota introduced the Camry to the U.S. in 1983, it has sold nearly seven million copies; the Accord, which bowed in 1976, has found almost 10 million buyers.

Last year when Toyota introduced its seventh-generation Camry, the SE V-6 version -- mightiest of the lineup -- promptly laid claim as the most powerful (268 horses) and quickest (0 to 60 mph in 6.1 seconds and the quarter mile in 14.6 at 97.0 mph) Camry ever sold in America. Not only did it possess more horsepower than a Porsche Cayman, but it was also just as hasty to 60 and through the quarter mile as a 300-horse 2007 Jaguar XK. The new benchmark? Absolutely.

Click to view GalleryHonda's Accord, then in the final year of its seventh generation, was a stellar sedan in its own right. But in light of the new Camry, its age was beginning to show. As a company that prides itself on innovation, Honda is never happy when its most important model can be described as aged. For 2008, the tide has changed, as the only thing old about the Accord is its name.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0710_2008_honda_accord_vs_2007_toyota_camry/index.html#ixzz0rmVAK660
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by CyberG: 11:53pm On Jun 24, 2010
Look Mr. Poster, I drive a Honda and it is the best car I have had yet! The thing does not give me any stress, no headache, in fact it's like a baby to me and I will buy anything for it. When a car just goes, and never stops taking you everywhere with comfort (of course I always have it serviced at Honda), I almost do not care about any other car. In fact, when I buy another car in future that is not Honda, it will have to be a BMW or some other super German machine.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by bash673(m): 3:07am On Jun 25, 2010
Why do you think TOYOTA'S are used for commercial purpose, have you seen HONDA'S up to that task? TOYOTA can brag that 80% of TOYOTA'S sold in the last 20 years are still on the road.
@ Poster: You can use this to make comparison of what you want to buy http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/compare-cars-results.htm?trimIds[0]=268155&trimIds[1]=267454&type=specifications
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Ricmayak1: 5:03am On Jun 25, 2010
if ur frnd has d money. B.M.W will be d best 4 him. Nobody will dream to compare it with honda or toyota. But, prepare for changing shocks and ball joints more regularly due to its weight. Though, it is still o.k because of its reliability i.e money is saved due to minimal engine problems. It is d safest car also.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by kabukabu(m): 5:43am On Jun 25, 2010
Igwe.:

Definitely, your friend can't be confused about the beauty and style but the reliability and performance since beauty is supposed to be in the eye of the beholder smiley
Having said that,and from all indication,Toyota is taking the lead.

As for Mr. kabukabu aka Cyclist/Taxi, The recall was not for those manufactured in 2005 smiley but for those of 2010
cool

naiija people don't listen ,here are the facts,Mr Igwue.
taken directly off toyota's recall page;

The vehicles involved in the recent recalls.
Click on your vehicle for more information:

2005-2010 Avalon 2007-2010 Camry 2009-2010 Corolla 2008-2010 Highlander 2009-2010 Matrix 2004-2009 Prius 2010 Prius 2009-2010 RAV4 2003 Sequoia 2008-2010 Sequoia 1998-2010 Sienna 2005-2010 Tacoma 2007-2010 Tundra 2009-2010 VENZA
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by kabukabu(m): 5:50am On Jun 25, 2010
Ricmayak1:

if your frnd has d money. B.M.W will be d best 4 him. Nobody will dream to compare it with honda or toyota. But, prepare for changing shocks and ball joints more regularly due to its weight. Though, it is still o.k because of its reliability i.e money is saved due to minimal engine problems. It is d safest car also.

fact 1)BMWs do not lead in reliablity even among other luxury brands.ask any BMW tech,they stay in the shop,only good BMW's were some of the e30/e32 chassis with manuals in the 90's
fact 2)BMW's tend TO have engine problems especially with its gaskets and cylinder heads
fact 3)BMW's are not even close to being any among the safest cars, Mercedes leads them head over heels in safety
fact 4)the reason BMW's tend to need more suspension work is not because of weight grin ;DIts because of the suspension is generally stiffer,which means those parts wear faster smiley smiley smiley

when will top gear naija start , so I can watch malams camel race
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by kabukabu(m): 6:08am On Jun 25, 2010
Ricmayak1:

if your frnd has d money. B.M.W will be d best 4 him. Nobody will dream to compare it with honda or toyota. But, prepare for changing shocks and ball joints more regularly due to its weight. Though, it is still o.k because of its reliability i.e money is saved due to minimal engine problems. It is d safest car also.

List of actual reliability versus customers "perceived" reliability ratings of car manufacturers from Consumer Reports magazine.

— Top 10 (constomer perceived reliable brands)
1. Toyota
2. Honda
3. Ford
4. Cadillac
5. Mercedes-Benz
6. GMC
7. Lexus
8. BMW
9. Chevrolet
10. Volvo
Actual brand reliablity rankings of car manufacturers below

Brand Reliability — Top 10
1. Scion
2. Acura
3. Honda
4. Toyota
5. Lexus
6. Infiniti
7. Subaru
8. Hyundai
9. Mitsubishi
10. Kia
thank me later, like drake grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by bollingjoe(m): 6:55am On Jun 25, 2010
@ poster hw many times do u see older versions of the camry in town? But u do see older versions of the accord. This tells u dat the accord is stronger than the camry and has a higher resell value. Its honda all the way
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by sayso: 7:19am On Jun 25, 2010
@kabukabu can't believe Mercedes is in 5.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by 190: 8:41am On Jun 25, 2010
Free me!!

Mercedes ROCKS,

have u seen the latest C-CLass,
If any angel in the heavens should come down to Nigeria
they would be driving in these!!

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by royalicon(m): 9:13am On Jun 25, 2010
Sincerely, Go for Honda.

I've drive the two cars and Honda wins in my own candid opinion viz: firmness, sporty, smartness.

1 Like

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by gentlegg(m): 9:52am On Jun 25, 2010
WHEN IT COMES TO BEAUTY & DESIGN, HONDA ACCORD MAY WIN BUT WHEN IT COMES TO EFFECTIVENESS, FUEL ECONOMY, RUGGEDNESS, QUALITY, LESS-MECHANIC-WORKS ETC TOYOTA CAMRY BEATS HONDA ACCORD COMPLETELY & UNARGUABLY. I HAVE NOTICED THAT ANYTIME I VISIT JAPANESE MECHANIC WORKSHOP, HONDAS WILL FULL EVERYWHERE ESPECIALLY THAT ONE CALLED 'BABY BOY' IS THE WORST HONDA PRODUCT, ASK ANY GOOD MECHANIC ENGINEER.

THOUGH I PRESENTLY DRIVE HONDA BUT I STILL COVET TOYOTA CAMRY ONCE I DRIVE PAST ONE.

1 Like

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by sabygrace: 9:56am On Jun 25, 2010
Toyota all the way, in the reliability opinion and complaint poll for top 20 most problematic cars toyota didn't show up until number 17th while honda have been well represented from the 2nd position.People can say all these stuff about aesthetics and performance but overall a Toyota is a more reliable car and doesn't get its suspension and ball joints pulled off at random.Follow this link to find out

http://www.carcomplaints.com/top_vehicles.shtml
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by kshow1(m): 10:04am On Jun 25, 2010
Why are you guys comparing Toyota Camry (Big for nothing) to Honda accord (End of Discussion).
Go to the car mart and place both beside themselves and you will definitely go for the Honda in terms of everything i.e Interior, exterior, fuel efficiency, beauty etc.

1 Like

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by ilosiwaju: 10:21am On Jun 25, 2010
Take the honda please. Please.

1 Like

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by chincchon(m): 11:01am On Jun 25, 2010
Toyoya is just an over rated car. i dnt see any thing so particular about it except for the fuel efficiency and Ac,which honda has. till tomorow HONDA is the bump, na person wey no get money dey complain of fuel.I believe in Honda any day,it perfomance and stability on wheel is some thing else.Toyota doesnt have any swagger,the interior is always dry and naked,suspension is zero and etc.
i will prefer a H O N D A pls ; cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by adasi678: 11:21am On Jun 25, 2010
firstly,you cant compare XLE V6 camry and EXL V6 honda.there are things you guy should know.Honda a copycat of toyota .Anytrime toyota brings out its model of camry honda will go and add a new feature to it and bring out a new accord.Honda always works on toyota as a spy.this double exhaust of honda was stolen from lexus(toyota luxury).for you guys information the only sedan that sold more than camry for the past few years is toyota corrolla.THE TOYOTA CAMRY IS FAR BETTER THAN HONDA ACCORD.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Ranoscky(m): 11:33am On Jun 25, 2010
HOI-SHINA - HOI KANGAI = GOOD THINKING, GOOD PRODUCT!!! but i go for HONDA all the way! cool

1 Like

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by mjbaba: 11:52am On Jun 25, 2010
Guy, if the qtn was on 2008/2009 honda vs 2008/2009 Toyota, I might have said- Go for the Toyota

but 2005 Honda Vs 2005 Toyota- EOD VS Big-For-Nothing? God forbid----EOD all the way!!!!!!!!

and seriously I have used Honda Halla 1991, Civic 2000 and Toyota Camry 2001 before, now I drive EOD 2004 Honda.

The Toyota is a soft drive, very sleek and all that, but Honda is the Bomb for me. and dont believe that shit abt fuel economy of Toyota being better than Honda. for the earlier models, maybe yes, but for 2000 and above, no way dawg- its the same. I have done all the comaparisms

Honda, final answer

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by jfking2005(m): 12:13pm On Jun 25, 2010
go 4 toyotaaaaaaa
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by vanariso(m): 12:50pm On Jun 25, 2010
Ngerians are obsessed with the Toyota brand that they often fail to be rational even when glarring facts are there.I still hold my ground that the disparity in fuel economy of the toyota brand and the honda brand is so thin that none of us here can detect it by merely driving it.it can only be done coreectly in a high class auot-lab and not one of those in elizade and the rest.
I have driven and owned and still own both cars and can unbiasly say so.I even watched a documentary by CNN in early 2010 and the Honda was declared better in terms of fuel economy.
Like I said earlier on,most Nigerians are obsessed with toyota.So its realy hard to see otherwise.Most of these people had their first taste of owning a ride with a toyota.Ask them ,they will tell you.But honda is better in all ramification and especially interior chikena.

4 Likes

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by eyoniggar(m): 1:29pm On Jun 25, 2010
Whatever I say on here is the FINAL:

Poster, if your friend is looking to get something that will last
based on efficiency and maintainance, go for the Camry.

But if he is the more luxurious loving kind of guy, he should go
for the Honda. Honda is more of luxury.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Emperoh(m): 1:31pm On Jun 25, 2010
I am no fan of both cars but the Honda appeals more to me!!

For equality sake, he should buy the Lexus ES330. Its the luxury version of the camry!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.