Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:02 PM

Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie (2757 Views)

Mortal Kombat 2021 Is A Bad Movie / Who Need Shadow Of The Tomb Raider? / Tomb Raider 2017 Trailer Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by SkyCityBay1: 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2018
I lost every reason to watch this movie after i watched the Tomb Raider trailer. The trailers show that the movie was not going to add any of the elements that made the 2013 Tomb Raider game outstanding. So I refused to watch because I knew what they were selling,but a friend of mine got a copy. After watching the movie,I think we have all the reasons to punch someone in the nuts ! So these are the reasons why Tomb Raider movie 2018 was a very bad movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu3_0qr_LPQ
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by khalhokage(m): 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2018
After reading your intro, I lost every reason to watch your video.

3 Likes

Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by Lana1(m): 8:53pm On Aug 15, 2018
Lol. For me, I lost every reason to read the rest of his post after that first sentence!!
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by Thegamingorca(m): 11:36pm On Aug 15, 2018
khalhokage:

Ahhh come on!!! grin grin grin
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by Thegamingorca(m): 11:37pm On Aug 15, 2018
Lana1:
Lol. For me, I lost every reason to read the rest of his post after that first sentence!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by Thegamingorca(m): 11:38pm On Aug 15, 2018
SkyCityBay1:
I lost every reason to watch this movie after i watched the Tomb Raider trailer. The trailers show that the movie was not going to add any of the elements that made the 2013 Tomb Raider game outstanding. So I refused to watch because I knew what they were selling,but a friend of mine got a copy. After watching the movie,I think we have all the reasons to punch someone in the nuts ! So these are the reasons why Tomb Raider movie 2018 was a very bad movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu3_0qr_LPQ

Play the 2016 game
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by SkyCityBay1: 5:32pm On Aug 16, 2018
khalhokage:
so what's wrong with the intro ?
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by SkyCityBay1: 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Play the 2016 game
How is playing the 2016 game supposed to explain the movie that is based on the 2013 game ?
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by SkyCityBay1: 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2018
Lana1:
you know it would be very weird if you did not play the game and yet you're here giving your opinion on my post, right ?
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by Thegamingorca(m): 5:43pm On Aug 16, 2018
SkyCityBay1:
How is playing the 2016 game supposed to explain the movie that is based on the 2013 game ?

angry I never said it will.

I just said play the recent one gawddamnit

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by SkyCityBay1: 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2018
Thegamingorca:

angry I never said it will.

I just said play the recent one gawddamnit
i have played it,Rise of the Tomb Raider.what is your point?
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by Thegamingorca(m): 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2018
SkyCityBay1:
i have played it, what is your point?

Fair enuf

That was all to it
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by Thegamingorca(m): 5:57pm On Aug 16, 2018
At least now you don't look like some hasbeen uncle(in my book)unaware of rise of the tomb raider especially when shadow is due to be out next month
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by Lana1(m): 6:04pm On Aug 16, 2018
SkyCityBay1:
you know it would be very weird if you did not play the game and yet you're here giving your opinion on my post, right ?
undecided undecided undecided

I ve played both games so far and i ve my sights set on the 3rd and final installment.

Lana1:
99% complete. Missed one relic at the beginning if not, 100%...

Unfortunately i don't ve screenies of the 1st game which i also finished on 99% btw....
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by SkyCityBay1: 6:05pm On Aug 16, 2018
Thegamingorca:
At least now you don't look like some hasbeen uncle(in my book)unaware of rise of the tomb raider especially when shadow is due to be out next month
Please with everything you just wrote,how is that relevant to my point about this movie being a bad adaptation of the 2013 game ?. Why are you talking about Rise & Shadow of the Tomb Raider ?
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by Thegamingorca(m): 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
SkyCityBay1:
Please with everything you just wrote,how is that relevant to my point about this movie being a bad adaptation of the 2013 game ?. Why are you talking about Rise & Shadow of the Tomb Raider ?

It actually has no relevance to the topic

Was side tracking in hope that perhaps someonelse knows the other tomb raider series
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by SkyCityBay1: 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2018
Lana1:
undecided undecided undecided

I ve played both games so far and i ve my sights set on the 3rd and final installment.

Unfortunately i don't ve screenies of the 1st game which i also finished on 99% btw....
wait you played the game and yet you somehow lost interest when i talked about how bad the movie trailer was ?.
So you watched the trailer and the movie but didn't find anything wrong with them ? seriously ?
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by SkyCityBay1: 6:17pm On Aug 16, 2018
Thegamingorca:

It actually has no relevance to the topic

Was side tracking in hope that perhaps someonelse knows the other tomb raider series
wow well done, i just did the classic villain slow clap for you.
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by khalhokage(m): 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
SkyCityBay1:
so what's wrong with the intro ?

Your entire premise is BS it was a really enjoyable movie and also as accurate as a less than 2 hour movie can hope hope to be.

Also you're trying to criticize a movie just from the trailer alone, it's nonsense.
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by Thegamingorca(m): 8:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
SkyCityBay1:
wow well done, i just did the classic villain slow clap for you.

Where’s nadleeh
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by SkyCityBay1: 7:01am On Aug 17, 2018
khalhokage:

Your entire premise is BS it was a really enjoyable movie and also as accurate as a less than 2 hour movie can hope hope to be.

Also you're trying to criticize a movie just from the trailer alone, it's nonsense.
clearly you did not play the game if you taught it was an enjoyable adaptation of the game. Lara's father some how exists in this movie and you are saying its accurate and yes i criticize the movie from the trailer,because it showed that they were abandoning at least 89% of what is in the game and then giving us BS nobody asked for ... Ps. didn't you read the part where I stated i actually watched the movie because a friend of mine had it ?
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by SkyCityBay1: 7:05am On Aug 17, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Where’s nadleeh
we had to lock her in a bunker, she was going on a rampage after she watched the movie cry
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by khalhokage(m): 8:54am On Aug 17, 2018
SkyCityBay1:
clearly you did not play the game if you taught it was an enjoyable adaptation of the game. Lara's father some how exists in this movie and you are saying its accurate and yes i criticize the movie from the trailer,because it showed that they were abandoning at least 89% of what is in the game and then giving us BS nobody asked for ... Ps. didn't you read the part where I stated i actually watched the movie because a friend of mine had it ?

Oga, no movie adaptation of a game or book is ever 100% accurate, they have to change some things so it will make sense in a different medium.

Judge the movie based on it's own merits instead of judging it on whether it completely rehashed the story you have already experienced.

I played the game and i still enjoyed the movie a lot, my only complaint is that the supernatural aspects wasn't actually supernatural, every else was A OK.
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by SkyCityBay1: 5:27pm On Aug 17, 2018
khalhokage:

Oga, no movie adaptation of a game or book is ever 100% accurate, they have to change some things so it will make sense in a different medium.

Judge the movie based on it's own merits instead of judging it on whether it completely rehashed the story you have already experienced.

I played the game and i still enjoyed the movie a lot, my only complaint is that the supernatural aspects wasn't actually supernatural, every else was A OK.
. Madam,this movie is not even 20 percent accurate. The things they changed makes no sense to the movie,if you had watched my video you would have seen my point. They removed the aspect of the supernatural and replaced it with a zombie outbreak. That makes sense to you? I judged this as a stand alone movie and it still did not make sense. One of such is the way Lara was found after a long parachute road trip and was easily tracked down. Worst,is that the person that found her was the first guy to be knocked out in her escape scene. And as a game adaptation, they turned a survival adventure thriller to just an over hyped action movie. P.S just because you enjoyed the movie does not mean the movie may not be rubbish.
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by khalhokage(m): 7:09pm On Aug 17, 2018
SkyCityBay1:
. Madam,this movie is not even 20 percent accurate. The things they changed makes no sense to the movie,if you had watched my video you would have seen my point. They removed the aspect of the supernatural and replaced it with a zombie outbreak. That makes sense to you? I judged this as a stand alone movie and it still did not make sense. One of such is the way Lara was found after a long parachute road trip and was easily tracked down. Worst,is that the person that found her was the first guy to be knocked out in her escape scene. And as a game adaptation, they turned a survival adventure thriller to just an over hyped action movie. P.S just because you enjoyed the movie does not mean the movie may not be rubbish.

I'm a guy.
P.S Just because you didn't enjoy the movie mean it's rubbish,. it's just your own conceited opinion.
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by SkyCityBay1: 10:44am On Aug 18, 2018
khalhokage:

I'm a guy.
P.S Just because you didn't enjoy the movie mean it's rubbish,. it's just your own conceited opinion.
i know you are a guy. i have many movies i know were rubbish and i will sit down with people and call out the B.S in them.but they had enjoyable moment and i liked them. but this movie is B.S, and rubbish on every level that it can not be enjoyed. P.S. not just my Conceited Opinion,every single movie reviewer says the same thing.
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by khalhokage(m): 10:50am On Aug 18, 2018
SkyCityBay1:
i know you are a guy. i have many movies i know were rubbish and i will sit down with people and call out the B.S in them.but they had enjoyable moment and i liked them. but this movie is B.S, and rubbish on every level that it can not be enjoyed. P.S. not just my Conceited Opinion,every single movie reviewer says the same thing.

Na you sabi, your amateur opinion is not fact.
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by SkyCityBay1: 2:29pm On Aug 18, 2018
khalhokage:

Na you sabi, your amateur opinion is not fact.
Even someone with the brain capacity of a donkey would still see the flaws in this movie !, Go and read any review on this movie from any movie reviewer and come back and see if my amateur opinion is valid or not !
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by khalhokage(m): 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2018
SkyCityBay1:
Even someone with the brain capacity of a donkey would still see the flaws in this movie !, Go and read any review on this movie from any movie reviewer and come back and see if my amateur opinion is valid or not !

Sister, your YouTube career is dead on arrival.
Better start posting good content instead of hating on movies for stupid reasons, or you'll just continue wasting your data for years without a kobo.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by Thegamingorca(m): 4:01pm On Aug 18, 2018
khalhokage:

Better start posting good content instead of hating on movies for stupid reasons, or you'll just continue wasting your data for years without a kobo.

Ah come on
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by SkyCityBay1: 6:51am On Aug 20, 2018
khalhokage:

Grandma,this would make a whole lot of sense if my subscribers were not increasing,you don't only have shitty taste in movies,and so is your reasoning. Am still waiting for you to name the big movie reviewer that did't say this movie was crap ...when you stop mizing your data,maybe you'll learn something !
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by nadleeh: 6:58am On Aug 20, 2018
khalhokage:

this is very redundant. In what universe are you not supposed to judge an adaptation from its source material ? that's like making a bible movie,then telling people to not judge it based on the bible,instead, judge it as a standalone movie .... if you want to make a standalone movie,make a standalone movie ! nobody forced you to make an adaptation. This movie was bad and lacked depth or relativity. PS,when a movie's only saving grace is "don't judge it as an adaptation",it already has a hundred things wrong with it !

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Ladies Like Video Games? / Bringing An Xbox 360 Back To Nigeria / Where To Get Psvita In Abuja And Lagos At 45k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.