Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' (35689 Views)

Umuahia Is The Most Backward State Capital In Nigeria: Picture / Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! / Wedding Of Mahmud Nuhu Ribadu & Amina Aliyu Ismaila (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by themomentng: 5:52pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nuhu Ribadu, former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), says the people of northern Nigeria are the most backward in the world.

Ribadu said this on Wednesday while speaking at the launch of “Sect and social disorder” and “Quaranic Schools in Northern Nigeria”, books edited by Abdul Rafau Mustapha and Hannah Hoechner.

The event organised by Premium Times Books took place in Abuja.

The former EFCC chairman described the Almajiri system as the worst form of abuse of human rights.

“I am from Yola, we have similar culture with Kaduna, Kano but we don’t have Almajiri, what is happening? We are also Muslims. There are lots of areas where we have similar things. Which education are we talking about, these are some things that are incredible and you don’t know where to start,” he said.

“There is no worse – in the form of violation and abuse of rights more than the Almajiri system, yet people are justifying it comfortably calling themselves as products of it. I think we have to look at it crucially otherwise we will continue to go that direction that we will not be able to solve her problems.

“We are the most backward people in this world, the society of northern Nigeria. Look at all the indices in the world today, we are the worst why? How can we continue to deny ourselves our future?”

Ribadu said the boys in the Almajiri system are often victims of violence

“I worked on many of those crisis and conflicts as a member of the investigation team and tribunal, I was in Zango Kataf, I was in Tafawa Balewa, I was in Kaduna religious crisis, I was among the prosecutors of El-Zakzaky in the 1990s,” he said.

“During the Kaduna religious disturbance of 2000, we visited where they buried the victims along Birnin Gwari road, they opened the graves for us, what I saw is still haunting me. There were bodies, all of them young boys, no girls that is talking about Almajiri – boys over 100 buried in mass graves and no identity, not a single one of them had a name and they were all buried, I got interested in this.

“I said let me see and get it touch with those who are responsible for it. They were victims of the crisis that took place in Kaduna because of the Sharia riots. They said they did not have their identity or Mallam responsible for them? They said no. Did anyone come to complain that they have lost a child?

“They said no. I was also in interpol, I had a duty to do outside Nigeria. I flew British Airways few days after that and the governor who introduced Sharia to Nigeria had his kids there and they all went to the first class. It was terrible for me. I could not say anything throughout the flight. The sight of those young boys, buried, unidentified – nobody is talking about it, the families never even complained, not even their so-called mallams.”

On his part, Matthew Kukah, archbishop of Sokoto diocese, said people in the north need to help themselves.

“If we were serious Christians or Muslims we will not be having this conversation,” he said.

“We in the northern Nigeria, we have to help ourselves.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/ribadu-people-of-northern-nigeria-most-backward-in-the-world/amp

120 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Racoon(m): 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2018
“There is no worse – in the form of violation and abuse of rights more than the Almajiri system, yet people are justifying it comfortably calling themselves as products of it.
I think we have to look at it crucially otherwise we will continue to go that direction that we will not be able to solve her problems.
We are the most backward people in this world, the society of northern Nigeria. Look at all the indices in the world today, we are the worst why? How can we continue to deny ourselves our future? ..The boys in the Almajiri system are often victims of violence."

Same thing Emir Sanusi said sometime back & the northern elites bullied him into shutting his mouth.The core north can continue to play the Ostrich. angry

327 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by princechurchill(m): 5:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom

Aboki people una see una self

216 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Ever8054: 6:01pm On Aug 15, 2018
talk to them till thy kingdom come they won't listen nor understand..?...people that say civilization is against there religion...

318 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Ekez(m): 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2018
Why dem go progress, Infact that side will never progress .

32 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by amaniro: 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2018
Exactly. If you want to argue I lived and I was brought up in Kaduna.

That is why our country is like this, they are dragging us back, argue out of ignorance.

If they had quality political education they would pin point good and bad leaders same applicable to the south.

my point, a core northerner have never traveled out of his/her village because they are afraid and inexperienced.

Their president state is one of the most backward, yet what is he doing? fighting corruption that is not evident.

I stand for the movement #educatehausapeople.
a wise man one's said Literate can be easy to lead but hard to rule because an educated person can easily pin point good and evil than an illiterate . That's why northern elites are taking advantage of them using religious sentiments, exploiting their vulnerability to illiteracy. Am from South East I don't really care if a president comes from there or not, so ironic that people close to the river always complain of water,

yar adua one's said he is ashamed of the level of illiteracy in the North and is something worth advocating for but I oblige the North to make use of their sense.

214 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by princechurchill(m): 6:07pm On Aug 15, 2018
I gave up on the morality of the North when they said Western education is evil

182 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Talknochip(m): 6:15pm On Aug 15, 2018
Very true!... I have interacted with so many of those kids... Many of them wish they are in 'Makaranta Boko' (western school)... They are mostly very brilliant,intelligent, talented and naive...... The Almajiri system is purely evil and a wicked medium that encourages senseless population growth....A System that strips the child of every human dignity... It Provides a safe haven for irresponsible parents and guardians who are running away from their responsibilities.

226 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by gidgiddy: 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2018
That's why I laugh when I hear anyone from the SS/SE area talk about "one Nigeria"

You want to be united with someone who will drag you back into the 15th century? Good luck

196 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by clarocuzioo(m): 8:52pm On Aug 15, 2018
The Almajiri system as found in the north is a time bomb, one day it would explode against their elites and political class. They delibrately improvish these kids so that they will always do their wicked biddings, that way they gain control over them.
Despite having more presidents from that region than any other region in the country, the North has constantly maintained the poorest region, disease ridden, poor socio-economic, and human capital development.
That's why I laugh at some f.ools when they want to entice the south east region with presidency and I simply ask, how has the northern region fared with more presidents coming from there?
Its not about where the president comes from, its about socio-economic, infrastructural and human capital development which is obviously far from the north.

174 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Croesuscrown: 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2018
"I was also in interpol, I had a duty to do outside Nigeria. I flew British Airways few days after that and the governor who introduced Sharia to Nigeria had his kids there and they all went to the first class. It was terrible for me. I could not say anything through".... Ribadu. The said Governor introduced Sharia to destroy his people while he send his kids to Non-sharia country yet the oppressed people still celebrate him. "Na when our people eyes go open"

154 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by proeast(m): 9:45pm On Aug 15, 2018
I always shiver whenever I imagine what the North will be like in the coming years. With or without Nigeria these guys are doomed going forward and their elite don't care provided their own immediate families are catered for but they won't be safe when the effects finally spiral out of control. North West and North East has the worst indices in the world today and they are gradually dragging the middle belt into the pit with them!!

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Bitterleafsoup: 9:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
For 50 years the people in the North have been opressed by Fulani elites, yet they will never fail to
Sai Buhari!
They are like robots, real zombies be dat.In the North they are suffering the most but will die for those thieves that are doing everything to depopulate them, exterminating them like rodents but still obedient because the Iman said so.
This is Nigeria....

135 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
You have a point great man.
Another good candidate that should be a President of Nigeria after Buhari and Osinbajo.

A man after our heart.
True words.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by tommykiwi(m): 9:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
I concur to that.

3 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by 3millionia: 10:00pm On Aug 15, 2018
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Bitterleafsoup: 10:00pm On Aug 15, 2018
clarocuzioo:
The Almajiri system as found in the north is a time bomb, one day it would explode against their elites and political class. They delibrately improvish these kids so that they will always do their wicked biddings that way they gain control over them.
Despite have more presidents from that region than any other region in the country, the North has constantly maintained the poorest region, disease ridden, poor socio-economic, and human capital development.
That's why I laugh at some f.ools when they want to entice the south east region with presidency and I simply ask, how has the northern region fared with more presidents coming from there?
Its not about where the president comes from, its about socio-economic, infrastructural and human capital development which is obviously far from the north.
Thank you for sharing.
Who do you think those herdsmen are?
Neglected children foreced to go and beg.
They will have 10 children keep 1 at home send them out to fend for themselves. No love, no guidance just abandonment.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Mrexcell(m): 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2018
themomentng:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/ribadu-people-of-northern-nigeria-most-backward-in-the-world/amp

Nothing but the truth there is no doubt that northern nigeria is truely the problem of nigeria they have dragged the rest of nigeria to their low level over the years.

22 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by franchasng: 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2018
#fact

Northern Nigeria is the major reason Nigeria remained underdeveloped and backward.

Their past military leaders created the dysfunctional system, laws, constitution and institutions we have in Nigeria today that is stopping the progress of Nigeria and when u recommend that we need to change these things for Nigeria to work, they bring out dargar and Yorubas support them out of fear! angry

How many northern youths are making wave outside Nigeria None!

How many northern youths apply for skilled migration to Canada, Australia, NZL, Germany, UK, etc None!

Yet in Nigeria they use magamago to take all the juicy government jobs and political appointments and at the end they can't make good policies but end up destroying the system and every Nigerian suffers for it.

Until Southern Nigerians come together and demand change or total division from northern Nigeria, there won't be any progress, sadly cry

140 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Ttipsy(f): 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2018
that is their business,they can remain bkkward while Se sw ss develops

7 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by excomarow(m): 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2018
What is this one saying

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Emu4life(m): 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
Really

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by spiralwedge(m): 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
This Is not news nah. Is he just waking up?

17 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by 1Sharon(f): 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
Very backwards and extremists

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by OBAGADAFFI: 10:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
Open truth

11 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by softthings: 10:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
They are under curse..

9 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
This is not news. Travelling to the norther n part of Nigeria is like travelling through time to 19th century. I understand why they only shout said baba. Any small thing they worship they leaders.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
They are very lazy and also enjoy free money from the government monthly. Majority of them are on government payroll.

16 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Jamiubond009(m): 10:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
When they are busy climbing trees and overhead water tanks shouting "sai baba",why won't they be? First in all the negative indices from terrorism, Hunger,poverty and illiteracy yet controlling the affairs of the other more affluent regions, why won't Nigeria be a chaotic geographical space. The north is dragging the rest of the country backwards and it is no rocket science.

39 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by YorubaEmir: 10:04pm On Aug 15, 2018
It's like saying Buhari is a dullard and water is colourless

14 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by babyphaze07(m): 10:04pm On Aug 15, 2018
PMB who also is a product of that backwardness has given more backwardness running in his vein to the whole Nigeria state. Beware of the north cos backwardness...

39 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Pulls Out Of Arise TV Presidential Debate / Charles Okah Escapes From Kuje Prison - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Receives Briefing From Attorney-general, NNPC Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.