Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

5 Things You Must Do To Turn Your Idea Into A Global Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Things You Must Do To Turn Your Idea Into A Global Business (227 Views)

Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand / How To Turn Your Idea Into A Mobile Application, Earn A Living / The 3 Things It Takes To Turn A Billion-dollar Business Idea Into Reality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Things You Must Do To Turn Your Idea Into A Global Business by pukena(m): 6:09pm On Aug 15, 2018
5 Things you must do to turn your idea into a global business

1. Incorporate It Now

I have written so much on the benefits of having your business incorporated. You can read this article here, https://pukena.ng/b…/why-you-need-register-your-business-now.

The importance of incorporating your business cannot be overemphasized. You are already losing out on some gold the longer you run your business without registering it with the Corporate Affairs Commission. Pukena started riding on the wings of sustained increase right after registration. People took us serious. Customers, Partners, Investors, etc. Nobody will trust you and your business if you are not registered. We can help you register your business within one week if you need help.You can contact me on that on private chat.

2. Build a Team

Nobody takes a one man business seriously. It's expected that you must have at least one person to run your business with you from the start. You need the capacities of others beyond what you have. Most people are scared of losing control of their business hence they want to run solo. This can be counter productive. I knew I needed a Board right from the beginning. I only needed to get the business to a certain level before engaging a full Board. But even at that, I had a co-founder right from day 1. His input has been priceless throughout the 12 months we have started this project. Now the Board can now take the project to an entirely new level professionally. New levels of engagement and operations. Standardized corporate governance to position the company to compete favorably with its global counterpart. You can't run a global business alone!

3.Use Technology

Well, by now, if you don't know the place of technology for any kind of business, maybe....lol. You see, technology is not just an enabler in business. Technology is a crucial component of every business.It separates the global champions from the local ones. Check any type of business you can imagine. We have the local format and the global format. Check the difference between the two...Technology and the other points above! Get a website for your business. Create an app for it. Make it easy for people to access your services. Technology reduces the cost of business. Just this morning, I have processed a couple of others without leaving my offices. Technology!

4. Build Partnerships.

Pukena is big on partnerships. We have consciously built strategic partnerships with top players in our market. From individual service providers to leading corporate giants who feature immensely in our project. I have met more people in the last 12 months than I have met in the 5 last years, including the Vice President of Nigeria. Partnership!!! One look at Pukena will tell you the amount of work we are expected to invest in strategic partnership. Now I know the value of relationships. Build strategic partnership with people that can take your business far. Start now!

5. Keep working ON the business

Work IN the business. Set personal targets. Achieve them. But most especially, learn to work ON the business if you are the founder. Lead. Innovate, Motivate, Train, Appraise. Don't get caught up with the clutters of the day to day activities of the business. Delegate. Trust your team to deliver, to make mistakes, to correct them. Celebrate success. Handle issues quickly and move on. Attack he problem and not the person. Lead from the front!

The world will see more global businesses emerging from Africa!

Keep working guys!

Re: 5 Things You Must Do To Turn Your Idea Into A Global Business by hellothere(m): 6:15pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nice one

(1) (Reply)

Drupal 8 Stands As The Winner For The Web Design Features / Car Ac Installations, Maintenance, Buying And Selling Of Auto Ac Parts / You Can Make Money Now While Staying At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.