Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,087 members, 7,807,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Music House; My Honest Opinion - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Music House; My Honest Opinion (405 Views)

Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) / Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of 20 Buildings In Banana Island / Scorpion House: My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Music House; My Honest Opinion by Nowujeda(m): 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2018
DEMOLITION NOTICE ON FRESH FM IBADAN.

Fresh FM premises in Ibadan was served a demolition notice on Monday 13th August, 2018. This became imperative after several stop work and contravention notices served on the Music House which houses the respected radio station in Ibadan. There is no doubt about it, there are political undertunes to the demolition that is expected to happen tomorrow Thursday 16th August, 2018 (if the notice will stand).

However, it is important to state unequivocally, the deaf-ear many investors and developers have turned to physical planning standards and regulations overtime. Fine, the radio station presently has more than 150 employees under it payroll. Fine, the station has been impactful, enlightening and educative to the people of Oyo State and largely the listeners from USA and Europe. But locating and building such a structure as against the Oyo State Physical Planning Regulations negates all other positive impacts the station could be having on the economic, social and security of lives of the people within and outside the state.

SHORT TERM AND LONG TERM IMPLICATION OF THE DEMOLITION NOTICE.

As at today, Fresh FM Ibadan seems to be leading other 31 radio stations in Oyo State with it fearless and professional attitude to political, social and economic developments in the state. In no small measure, this leading status has pitched the radio station against the government and the ruling party which have been facing political turbulence in the state.

Since the owner have unknowingly created an instrument for clampdown on Fresh FM by building his studio as against planning regulations therefore, the state government will not waste time to judiciously issued the demolition notice to scare the station from speaking against all political views against the government, thereby crippling the professionalism the establishment is known for.

As long as the station continues to broadcast from the Music House with it fearless contents, it will continue to receive likely 'threats and legal blackmail' like this demolition notice. Even if another political party takes over the state, the periodic issuance of demolition notice will not stop.

THE LESSON

The law is powerful, while it can serve as a foundation to achieve your dreams, it can also be used as an instrument by your perceived enemies to run you down no matter the positive impacts you are creating.

Physical Planning Laws can be used against you, fulfill all provisions of the law and feel free to practice your profession with no fear or favour.

My Honest Opinion
Anthony Adejuwon

Cc: @lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Successful Real Estate Investor / aka / FOR SALE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.