Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma (4232 Views)

NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 / Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / Robbers Molest University Of Calabar Student To Coma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by supereagle(m): 4:50pm On Jun 23, 2010
When Abigail Ige, an HND II student of the Department of Microbiology, Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti, left her hostel on Monday for Fayose Market on Ajilosun Road in the Ekiti State capital to buy fingerlings to be used for her project, she felt there was nothing to fear because her mission was a genuine one.

PUNCH METRO gathered that at the market, a policeman accosted her and demanded to know the contents of Ige‘s bag. According to eyewitnesses‘ accounts, while Ige saw nothing wrong in the policeman‘s demand, his insistence that the search would be conducted at a nearby police station infuriated the student.

This was the beginning of trouble for Ige, who is now in excruciating pain at the University Teaching Hospital, Ado-Ekiti.

She said, “I went to Fayose Market to buy some fingerlings for my project. As I was coming back, a policeman met me and said he wanted to search my hand bag. I told him to empty the contents of the bag right there in the market because I am aware of their tricks.

“He said ‘no’ and snatched the bag from me and took it to their station. After I finished buying other things I needed, I went to the station, since it is not far from where he met me. As I got there, he said that he would deal with me because I refused to allow him to search my bag in the market. He asked me to enter the cell and I refused, because I knew I had not committed any offence.

“Thereafter, two policemen and two policewomen came out and started beating me. When I became tired, they now dragged me inside the cell. The first policeman, Femi, came inside the cell with a plank and hit me on the head four times. A policewoman came inside the cell and pleaded that they should leave me but they refused. I later passed out. But before then, they said that if I died, nothing would happen.”

The woman, who sold fingerlings to Ige, saw what she went through in the hands of the police and quickly alerted the polytechnic.

The Rector of the Polytechnic, Mrs. Taiwo Akande, in an interview with journalists said that the case had been reported to the police authorities, adding that it took time before the school authorities prevailed on the students not to invade the police station.

She, however, said that how the police handled the case would determine the next step the school would take.

The Commissioner of Health, Dr. Femi Thomas, has visited the student at the hospital to know how she was responding to treatment.

A lawmaker representing Ikere II at the state House of Assembly, Mr. Bolu Akomolafe, who also visited the student, said that the House would summon the Commissioner of Police, Ekiti State Command, Mr. Katso Kakwe, to the House on the matter.

Akomolafe said the matter was of public importance and it would be given priority when the House reconvenes on Wednesday (today).

The Ekiti State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Jimoh Mohammed, told PUNCH METRO that the command was already investigating the matter.

[url]http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201006233333765
[/url]

http://stopsmokingblueprints..com
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2010
thugs in uniform
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by hackney(m): 5:00pm On Jun 23, 2010
The idiots will be sacked because Oga is being disturbed.
Hope the money they were paid to harass somebody is enough to cover their wretched lives.
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by jesus3: 5:00pm On Jun 23, 2010
lawless country
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by Golders: 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2010
^^you mean criminals in uniform?
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by meggieblac: 5:02pm On Jun 23, 2010
That's wat they re only gud at, harassing innocent citizens. i wish the students will go and burn their useless station. they re nothing but thieves.
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by oluagness(m): 5:02pm On Jun 23, 2010
I know they would embarrass an innocent lady but they will never against armed rubber.
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by Spyker: 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2010
Give an agbero uniform and i will show you the "Nigerian Police Force".
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by Jaytee67(m): 5:05pm On Jun 23, 2010
Do you just call them thugs in uniform? They are criminals that we made to be enforcing laws. They will now come on radio on Tuesdays and Thursdays and be saying nonsense that they are the friend of the people! These ones will be made scape goats but I know it doesn't stop them because the brain of most of them is as dark as their uniform sad
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by TMemos: 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2010
Is this how we'll continue to watch things degenerate? Fellow Nigerians, is it that we have resigned ourselves to fate or can't we all begin to think of how to end this type of nonsense? The situation is going from bad to worse and any one could be a victim.
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by kcreal(f): 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2010
Speechless,
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by AyoAina: 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2010
na wa o, dis police sef don become total nuisance to the society.
I suggest mental examination of all police men in this country
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by GBT(m): 5:19pm On Jun 23, 2010
It is high time this low ranking officer are made to sit up and be responsible for there own KEITA-[img]http://Strophical[/img] action
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by bighead1(m): 5:20pm On Jun 23, 2010
stupiid country with stupiid leaders and stupiid security officials
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by tunde1200(m): 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2010
i pray the case will not die down without justice
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by tunde1200(m): 5:24pm On Jun 23, 2010
nigerian police are fuckubu quiles
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by kawkab: 5:29pm On Jun 23, 2010
Everything the Force PRO says on Police diary on Tuesday and Thursday is just window dressing.  The Nigeria Police is a dreadful monster.  there are several cases of abuse that the Police authorities are not addressing.

Last two weeks a Mobile Polcieman shot and killed a commercial bus driver and his conductor in Karmo a suburb of Abuja.  There offence; demanding that he pays his bus fare.  They average Nigeria Police man lacks basic human resource skills, basic investigative skills, most are not intelligence, poor self image and other dynsfunctional behaviour that in civilised societies would expressly make one visit a psychologist or psychiatrist as the case may be.  To cover up for these weaknesses they resort to intimidation, brute force and sometimes killing of their victim.

My advice to any sensible Nigeria is to avoid the Nigeria Police man like a plague.
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by Acidosis(m): 5:30pm On Jun 23, 2010
Most Of The Police Officers In This Country Suffers From Chronic Mental Illness.
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by Godalone(m): 5:31pm On Jun 23, 2010
Nigeria Police Force will soon recruit another 10,000 thugs.
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 23, 2010
Retar;ded bas tards!
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by harakiri(m): 5:36pm On Jun 23, 2010
@Post

Another reason why i always smile whenever i read about policemen being shot dead or dying in meaningless accidents.Imagine them hitting her repeatedly on the head with a plank for nothing.They beat her till she passed out all for what. . .? Because of the little change they want to extort from a struggling student?
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by btlasisi(m): 5:39pm On Jun 23, 2010
What do you expect from a black hearted black man in black uniform. Black deed of cause.

They are calamities waiting to befall this nation. Mark my words
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by imoga(m): 5:41pm On Jun 23, 2010
The Nigeria Police is a dreaded monster in black attire.  They behave exactly what they are wearing.  

Them go school? Them fit study to pass? How many police men are graduates? So long as they will keep recruiting thugs, we can't get better of matters of security of life and properties.
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by Racing(m): 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2010
I hate the organization. Can't 4 once see any good thing they do,rather than 2 molest n kill innocent citizens in bid 2 get money. Wonder where this nation is heading to? God please save us 4rm d hands of dis evil men n thugs.
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by 007busman: 5:57pm On Jun 23, 2010
The problem here is that our police officers are not intelligent.The people that join police force are drop out,thugs,okada riders,agbero from the park.Until police is sanitized nothing good will come from their end.The student should be allow to take their pond of flesh or the officers involve should be sack along with their direct boss.
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by clown: 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2010
I AM AFRAID OF MAD MEN. I HAVE A PHOBIA FOR ARMED MAD MEN cheesy
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by Rmc1(m): 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2010
The nigerian police are like a plaque to the nigerian people they harrass innocent citizens, they dont respond to distress call in armed robbery cases, they come 10 hours after the robbery, they tell all sorts of lies just to extort money from people, and they usually run away when confronted 101 by robbers crossfire.

we have also had cases of police renting their guns to robbers  just last week it was in the news that some police guns were recovered from armed robbers. all these nonsense has to stop the nigerian police needs  complete overhauling these unecessary harasment of innocent nigerians must stop enough is enough.
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by dominique(f): 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2010
wow! these animals are unstoppable. only today that i heard a case where these police barged into homes of a particular street and arrested the people of drug posession. took about 15,000 naira to bail each person mumbering up to 50. right now as i type, some people are still being detained because they've not been able to come up with the bail money cry.
woe betide those animals called Nigerinan policemen. may they all die a thousand violent deaths. i hope the girl get the justice she deserves.
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by Mavor: 6:27pm On Jun 23, 2010
Pigs in Manor farm angry
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by CarlosVent(m): 6:41pm On Jun 23, 2010
why naaa
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by Rastamann: 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2010
what else do you expect form rotten police men in a rotten country?
Re: Policemen Beat Female Undergraduate To Coma by hdwada: 6:49pm On Jun 23, 2010
Nah wah wetin dey happen for Naija

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northwest University Kano 1st Admission List Is Out For 2013/2014 / What Your Handwriting Says About You. / Man Was Caught On Camera Masturbating Near Ribadu Girl's Hostel ABU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.