Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread (117466 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Shares How She Spends All Her Finances On Bills (pix/vid) / Us-based Ghanaian Lady Arrested In Attempt To Open Plane Door Mid-flight / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 12:30am On Mar 19, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Hmmm...I don't think that is kind of true though.

If I remember very vividly, Obama kept one of his main promises about healthcare and that's what he focused on during his first two term of the Democrats having control of both the house and senate.

What other promises did the Democrats campaigned on that they were not able to achieve?

Either way, as you know the US government system has been created to run by checks and balances.

No one party can really govern to make laws and promises that easy to pass in the US. The US constitution has made it that way and so far no one seems to have it easy to just change it.

I outline the problems in my previous posts immigration, black community issues like high incarceration rates and high unemployment( slight improvement than previous administration), policy brutality etc.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2019
aariwa:
Higher wages also means higher prices for services and commodities, inflation and maybe another recession. Trump might win due to racism

Racism don't win elections in America.Trump is not the first white president and he won't be the last.
Trump will LOSE his reelection irrespective who Democrat puts forward.majority of Americans are tired of his leadership and they have seen through his lies,his incompetence,his bigotry and a whole lot of crisis going on in his administration.He has failed in his vague and opaque promises,the major ones being his failed healthcare reforms,immigration and even tax reforms which is turning out to be a fraud.
Incumbency factor hadly sway elections too,you can't use 'I will ' as a campaign lines again for reelection but 'I have ' and voters use your results to pass judgements on you. The last midterms was a pointer to what is to come and Americans are ready for it.
Sometimes it's very easy to predicts elections outcomes in the US because of its peculiarity.there are traditionally blue and red states in addition to few swing states except in case of some unusual occurrence.Wisconsin,Michigan and Pennsylvania.a traditionally blue states went for him last time which gave him the presidency.Democtrat are not going to allow that happen again.
The swam of contestants coming out from Democrat should tell you something,whoever wins the primary wins the white house.they know this.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2019
Nig4Greatness:

Racism don't win elections in America.Trump is not the first white president and he won't be the last.
Trump will LOSE his reelection irrespective who Democrat puts forward.majority of Americans are tired of his leadership and they have seen through his lies,his incompetence,his bigotry and a whole lot of crisis going on in his administration.He has failed in his vague and opaque promises,the major ones being his failed healthcare reforms,immigration and even tax reforms which is turning out to be a fraud.
Incumbency factor hadly sway elections too,you can't use 'I will ' as a campaign lines again for reelection but 'I have ' and voters use your results to pass judgements on you. The last midterms was a pointer to what is to come and Americans are ready for it.
Sometimes it's very easy to predicts elections outcomes in the US because of its peculiarity.there are traditionally blue and red states in addition to few swing states except in case of some unusual occurrence.Wisconsin,Michigan and Pennsylvania.a traditionally blue states went for him last time which gave him the presidency.Democtrat are not going to allow that happen again.
The swam of contestants coming out from Democrat should tell you something,whoever wins the primary wins the white house.they know this.

Loool!...Reporting live from CNN and MSNBC.

4 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by kroger: 8:46pm On Mar 19, 2019
Nig4Greatness:

Trump will be re elected come 2020.. The democrats party are having inner conflicts with carzio cortez and ignorant Oman spewing trash.. People are silently watching as the drama unfolds on both party. The smart ones know the dems are ceating unecessary tension on trump administration.

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by SirWahl1: 12:20am On Mar 20, 2019
Nig4Greatness:

Lol Trump would win and this time around it will be by both popular votes and college vote.
Democrats are yet to get their act together and Mr. Trumps base is not weaning.

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by rinzaugustine: 9:17am On Mar 20, 2019
Babyvet:

Yea but atleast trump is making an effort to appease to his data base . While democrats keep making empty promises.
Not true .American culture is finding solutions to problems and not making a scapegoat of people like trump is doing.Most of the laws that gave minorities equality with everybody came from democrats.They are a party of the educated and polished class of America,while Republican is a party of mostly illiterate and and minimum wage working white men

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 20, 2019
rinzaugustine:
Not true .American culture is finding solutions to problems and not making a scapegoat of people like trump is doing.Most of the laws that gave minorities equality with everybody came from democrats.They are a party of the educated and polished class of America,while Republican is a party of mostly illiterate and and minimum wage working white men

She means what the parties are doing currently and not historically.
I despise Trump but one can't deny that he has and is actively trying to fulfill his promises to his constituents, i.e. govt shutdown, decisions in regards to trade, etc.
I hate to say it, but brace yourself for another round. He made it thos far when he shouldn't, despite nobody thinking he would. Besides the electoral college got him in despite losing the popular vote. And unless something major happens....
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 3:50pm On Mar 20, 2019
kroger:

Trump will be re elected come 2020.. The democrats party are having inner conflicts with carzio cortez and ignorant Oman spewing trash.. People are silently watching as the drama unfolds on both party. The smart ones know the dems are ceating unecessary tension on trump administration.

Huh, that is going to be a tough one for him this time around.

Even though one has to agree that the current Democrats still have no message to hopefully win 2020 but it looks like the liberal mainstream media(CNN, MSNBC, New York times, Washington post) might be of help to the Democrats to get them persuade some independent and Republican voter to give up on Trump. They are doing it with their constant negative bashing and investigation coverage of Trump.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 4:25pm On Mar 20, 2019
Backfornow:

She means what the parties are doing currently and not historically.
I despise Trump but one can't deny that he has and is actively trying to fulfill his promises to his constituents, i.e. govt shutdown, decisions in regards to trade, etc.
I hate to say it, but brace yourself for another round. He made it thos far when he shouldn't, despite nobody thinking he would. Besides the electoral college got him in despite losing the popular vote. And unless something major happens....

Thank you for explaining that , a lot of people are disappointed with the Democratic Party , especially minorities. During election campaign, they make all kind of promises and fail to deliver . Donald trump promised a wall to his base and has declared a national emergency for it so atleast he is trying . Now the Democrats are in the house , we will see what they can accomplish.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 4:31pm On Mar 20, 2019
rinzaugustine:

You are wrong, even historically , the Democrats have been responsible for some policies that are detrimental to the minorities. Look at previous prison reforms that led to increased incarceration of African American men .
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 4:49pm On Mar 20, 2019
Babyvet:

Thank you for explaining that , a lot of people are disappointed with the Democratic Party , especially minorities. During election campaign, they make all kind of promises and fail to deliver . Donald trump promised a wall to his base and has declared a national emergency for it so atleast he is trying . Now the Democrats are in the house , we will see what they can accomplish.

The Democrats cannot do much of anything with just control of the House. They will need to have majority in the Senate and well as control of the White house to get any of their proposed bills become law.

Right now all they are doing is keeping oversight of all the policies that Trump's administration has carried out over the last two years as well as continue to investigate all of Trump's and his family private and public dealings.

I don't think they have even passed any bill in the House aside for bills that involves getting back at Trump...lol!
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by OyinbowithaTan(m): 10:17pm On Mar 20, 2019
rinzaugustine:

Historically Democrats were the party of slavery, segregation, kkk, Jim Crow laws in the South, and in the especially North East the party of immigrants, big unions (google Tammany Hall), the poor and the working class. The Republican Party was founded shortly before the Civil War as the party of Anti Slavery. It morphed into the party overwhelmingly of the educated Ivy League WASPs (White Anglo Saxon Protestants), the Industrialists. From which the term Fat Cat Republican was born. The poor Irish, Italians, Polish Catholics were overwhelmingly Democrats.
The Republicans also pushed and wrote most of the legislation to end segregation and discrimination. The big legislation being signed by Democrat LBJ in the 60's. It is very easy to find all of this online, including the voting records of each party historically.

I would agree that most of the people with multiple university degrees, especially on the coasts today are Democrats. Most working class whites, including union workers, are Republicans today. When Clinton was president the Dems had about a 17 point advantage with these people and now the Republicans have about a 20 point advantage. BTW virtually nobody in the USA is illiterate.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Holocene(m): 1:54am On Mar 21, 2019
I believe DTJ is coming back for a 2nd term. The rural Americans are solidly behind him and the Democrats are still trying to get a candidate who can be a real nbn challenger. Forget about any female or black candidate winning against Trump. They would need a white guy who would split the votes in the Midwest and Deep South where the majority of Trump's support come from.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 3:20am On Mar 21, 2019
OyinbowithaTan:

Historically Democrats were the party of slavery, segregation, kkk, Jim Crow laws in the South, and in the especially North East the party of immigrants, big unions (google Tammany Hall), the poor and the working class. The Republican Party was founded shortly before the Civil War as the party of Anti Slavery. It morphed into the party overwhelmingly of the educated Ivy League WASPs (White Anglo Saxon Protestants), the Industrialists. From which the term Fat Cat Republican was born. The poor Irish, Italians, Polish Catholics were overwhelmingly Democrats.
The Republicans also pushed and wrote most of the legislation to end segregation and discrimination. The big legislation being signed by Democrat LBJ in the 60's. It is very easy to find all of this online, including the voting records of each party historically.

I would agree that most of the people with multiple university degrees, especially on the coasts today are Democrats. Most working class whites, including union workers, are Republicans today. When Clinton was president the Dems had about a 17 point advantage with these people and now the Republicans have about a 20 point advantage. BTW virtually nobody in the USA is illiterate.

Go back and read the complete histories of both of these parties from a source like Britannica Encyclopedia one of the world's most respected sources of information. You will see everything wasn't so cut and dry like you have mentioned. You are right about LBJ and his policies but you failed to mention he went rogue on this and he was not supported by his constituents. BUT LBJ was a DEMOCRAT, which his actions turned the tide for the Democratic party, which is why Black Americans are loyal Democrats, at times foolishly. Before you label me as a hater or whatever, know that I'm not. I don't like either party currently, but I deal with facts and not emotion.

Amended: I amended my statements as I had to get go some perspective from some Black Americans that lived in that era.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by 7Alexandre: 6:24am On Mar 21, 2019
Holocene:
I believe DTJ is coming back for a 2nd term. The rural Americans are solidly behind him and the Democrats are still trying to get a candidate who can be a real nbn challenger. Forget about any female or black candidate winning against Trump. They would need a white guy who would split the votes in the Midwest and Deep South where the majority of Trump's support come from.

Do you think a Joe Biden/Kamala Harris Ticket can reclaim the White House for the Democrats?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:43am On Mar 21, 2019
OyinbowithaTan:

You must live under a rock with the whole statement but I'll focus on your last sentence. USA has one of the highest illiteracy rates of any developed country. A couple of famous illiterate people? Floyd Mayweather and R Kelly. Not to mention the hoards of illiterate white people, most of whom voted for Trump
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:44am On Mar 21, 2019
7Alexandre:

Do you think a Joe Biden/Kamala Harris Ticket can reclaim the White House for the Democrats?

Joe Biden/ virtually anyone
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by 7Alexandre: 7:20am On Mar 21, 2019
radautoworks:

Joe Biden/ virtually anyone

We need Joe Biden in order to split the rural American Votes as well as White Working Class Men & Women...

Kamala Harris will ensure that the African American Voting Bloc is also guaranteed...
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 21, 2019
7Alexandre:

We need Joe Biden in order to split the rural American Votes as well as White Working Class Men & Women...

Kamala Harris will ensure that the African American Voting Bloc is also guaranteed...

Kamala doesn't have the black American vote. She's working on it tho.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by 7Alexandre: 7:25am On Mar 21, 2019
Backfornow:

If Kamala Harris can’t get the Black American Vote then Cory Booker can step in...

He was a former Mayor of Newark...

He can draw both the Latino Votes as well as Black Votes...

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 21, 2019
7Alexandre:

If Kamala Harris can’t get the Black American Vote then Cory Booker can step in...

He was a former Mayor of Newark...

He can draw both the Latino Votes as well as Black Votes...

Hmm...Interesting.
Corey will fare better than Kamala. You are right he will get the Latino vote, he's dating a Latina. I won't be surprised if there will be engagement news soon.
However, neither one of them are polarizing enough to secure a win.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by 7Alexandre: 7:53am On Mar 21, 2019
Backfornow:

Hmm...Interesting.
Corey will fare better than Kamala. You are right he will get the Latino vote, he's dating a Latina. I won't be surprised if there will be engagement news soon.
However, neither one of them are polarizing enough to secure a win.

Can you explain what you mean by the bolded...

Remember the Democrats easiest path to the White House is simply to reclaim the Rust Belt states of Pennsylvania, Michigan & Wisconsin which Secretary Clinton Lost to President Donald J Trump During the 2016 General Election...
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 21, 2019
7Alexandre:

Can you explain what you mean by the bolded...

Remember the Democrats easiest path to the White House is simply to reclaim the Rust Belt states of Pennsylvania, Michigan & Wisconsin which Secretary Clinton Lost to President Donald J Trump During the 2016 General Election...

Maybe I used the wrong word. What I mean is, in order to defeat Trump, the candidate needs to be strong enough to appeal to both sides, basically sway some undecideds and/or unhappy folks. I've not heard anything yet that's gonna turn a red state blue. Obama didn't just win Democtats, he won a good number of Republicans too. We are saying the same thing essentially.

Btw, where are you? What time is it there?
Is 3am here and I'm so restless, I'm discussing politics which is something I hardly ever do.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by 7Alexandre: 8:06am On Mar 21, 2019
Backfornow:

Maybe I used the wrong word. What I mean is, in order to defeat Trump, the candidate needs to be strong enough to appeal to both sides, basically sway some undecideds and/or unhappy folks. Obama didn't just win Democtats, he won a good number of Republicans too. We are saying the same thing essentially.

Btw, where are you? What time is it there?
Is 3am here and I'm so restless, I'm discussing politics which is something I hardly ever do.

That’s why Joe Biden will be on the Ticket...

He has a broad appeal across both Republicans & Democrats...

It’s same time here on the East Coast...

I’m working a Night Shift...

So I have a lot of time on my hands...

I will be getting off work by 7:00 AM
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 21, 2019
7Alexandre:

The same time here on the East Coast...

Ooh, 3rd shift. Not for the faint of heart.
Be safe going home.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 21, 2019
7Alexandre:

That’s why Joe Biden will be on the Ticket...

He has a broad appeal across both Republicans & Democrats...

It’s same time here on the East Coast...

What happened to Bernie Sanders? I liked that guy.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 8:39am On Mar 21, 2019
As am reading the argument on American politics and I begin to imagine how Nigerians sell their vote for N5,000 while reverse is the case for Americans. With money, even Osama Bin Laden will win election not minding he was a terrorist if he was still alive. Nigeria seriously needs to be fumigated.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 10:07am On Mar 21, 2019
Backfornow:

You are correct, black Americans are not voting for her , they said she is not black enough lol .
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 10:09am On Mar 21, 2019
Backfornow:

What happened to Bernie Sanders? I liked that guy.

Bernie Sanders is totally off the table . The only person that may have a decent chance is Biden.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 21, 2019
Dremca:
As am reading the argument on American politics and I begin to imagine how Nigerians sell their vote for N5,000 while reverse is the case for Americans. With money, even Osama Bin Laden will win election not minding he was a terrorist if he was still alive. Nigeria seriously needs to be fumigated.

We're not arguing. So far everyone has calmly and agreeably said their piece.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 1:12pm On Mar 21, 2019
Lol. I never meant to say you were arguing. I'm only interested on how Americans vote according to their conscience not according to what goes into their pocket.
Backfornow:

We're not arguing. So far everyone has calmly and agreeably said their piece.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 21, 2019
Dremca:
Lol. I never meant to say you were arguing. I'm only interested on how Americans vote according to their conscience not according to what goes into their pocket.

Hmmm, maybe the average voter cant be bought, but American politics is corrupt. It's more behind the scenes with the lawmakers. It's usually politicians accepting bribes (campaign donations) and etc from big lobbyists(organizations) that influence laws such as the gun manufacturing business, oil industry, tobacco, etc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (73) (Reply)

Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES / The Crystal Service immigration Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.