Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread (117522 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Shares How She Spends All Her Finances On Bills (pix/vid) / Us-based Ghanaian Lady Arrested In Attempt To Open Plane Door Mid-flight / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2018
The root of her problem was the document she signed.
Babyvet:

Do you watch the video? It’s says she signed a form that says she would never seek residency in the United States , she did try to file for residency but because of the form she signed she was denied. Also anyone who is illegal can not leave the country until they are approved to do so.Doing so could earn then the 10 year or permanent bar. K1 visa is not applicable in case because she is already married and living in the states. For those living Illegally or non immigrant status( like student visa) they have to file for adjustment of status first and don’t always to leave the country, it’s case by base basis. Below is explanation of k1 visa

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#1

Marrying a US citizen does not mean that the partner is going to get automatic residency. There are requirements that both US citizen and non us citzen must pass before the partner can get residency.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 6:07pm On Aug 20, 2018
I would like o ask a funny question. I learnt that one can get sued for playing music so loud in his home. How about washing car outside the home or in the garage, can one get sued for wetting the environment with soapy water, must cars be washed in a car wash which I believe will be expensive.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2018
Dremca:
Do the rich (like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg) actually have a credit score of like 850 since they have all the money to buy what they want and repay back if they want.

Yes. Rich people don't spend their own money when it can it can be used to make more. I'll tell you a lesson my Dad taught me and a bunch of other names in Naija. "Owe everybody, don't let everybody owe you". Don't however translate that to don't pay period lol.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2018
Dremca:
The root of her problem was the document she signed.

Exactly my point, that what I’m trying to educate, marrying a us citzen is not an automatic guarantee to to citizenship. For example if the us citzen can not show enough financial support , they may be denied. The non us citzen partner may cause the denial of if they have certain criminal records or if they are unable to adjust status like the women in the video and those who have received a ban to the us .

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:12pm On Aug 20, 2018
revontuli:

She was either too lazy or reckless. As soon as she got married, all she had to do was to leave the country and her husband could file a green card application for bringing spouse. Those take priority over other immigration cases. Shw could also leave before marriage and have the husband file for a K-1 visa.

She could legally re-enter then. She chose to remain illegal and trusted the government officials who said she is low risk for deportation. Never trust the government.

No, she couldn't. Once you're barred, you're barred. And this is a VETERAN'S spouse. The holy Grail and they give exactly zero f's.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:14pm On Aug 20, 2018
Babyvet:

Exactly my point, that what I’m trying to educate, marrying a us citzen is not an automatic guarantee to to citizenship. For example if the us citzen can not show enough financial support , they may be denied. The non us citzen partner nay cause the denial of if they have certain criminal records or if they are unable to adjust status like the women in the video and those who have received a ban to the us .

Please tell them again. Especially if the marriage is under two years old, be prepared for a microscope up your....
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 6:14pm On Aug 20, 2018
Can all these be appealed using an immigration lawyer like in the case of this woman.
Babyvet:

Exactly my point, that what I’m trying to educate, marrying a us citzen is not an automatic guarantee to to citizenship. For example if the us citzen can not show enough financial support , they may be denied. The non us citzen partner nay cause the denial of if they have certain criminal records or if they are unable to adjust status like the women in the video and those who have received a ban to the us .
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2018
I've taken a front row learn more of this lessons.
radautoworks:

Yes. Rich people don't spend their own money when it can it can be used to make more. I'll tell you a lesson my Dad taught me and a bunch of other names in Naija. "Owe everybody, don't let everybody owe you". Don't however translate that to don't pay period lol.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2018
Dremca:
I would like o ask a funny question. I learnt that one can get sued for playing music so loud in his home. How about washing car outside the home or in the garage, can one get sued for wetting the environment with soapy water, must cars be washed in a car wash which I believe will be expensive.

Someone is taking that to an extreme. Basically, don't be a nuisance to your neighbor like we Nigerians tend to do and you will be fine. Parking anyhow, obnoxious music, littering. Who get time to sue? Na police dem go call for you kia-kia. You won't even know who called grin
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 6:18pm On Aug 20, 2018
Dremca:

Well it depends on the type of neighborhood you live . They can call the police if you music is too loud. In the hood, they may not care as much but the suburb where thing tend to more quiet it can be a problem. You can wash your cars outside your home as well, it also depends on what type home you live in. If you live townhome or apartment , they probably have a shared parking lot . Most single family homes and some townhomes have their own driveway, so the soapy water should only affect your area.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2018
Dremca:
Can all these be appealed using an immigration lawyer like in the case of this woman.

Nope. Once you have been caught illegally, you are NOT becoming a citizen asylum or otherwise. Right now, even this with green cards are under scrutiny and being deported if they discover the slightest lie on your application. Forget committing a crime. Lie about when you came in the country let them find out even after you have your papers for decades.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2018
Babyvet:

Well it depends on the type of neighborhood you live . They can call the police if you music is too loud. In the hood, they may not care as much but the suburb where thing tend to more quiet it can be a problem. You can wash your cars outside your home as well, it also depends on what type home you live in. If you live townhome or apartment , they probably have a shared parking lot . Most single family homes and some townhomes have their own driveway, so the soapy water should only affect your area.

Pretty sure he doesn't want to live in the hood from his plans lol! He would be so confused with rey-rey dem
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2018
Dremca:

I guess , they already had lawyers and a local politician trying to fight for her but she has been deported . They will have to conintue to fight to bring her back but it’s a very difficult process.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 6:22pm On Aug 20, 2018
What of a case of one who lives in a condo or apartment and not single family home.
Babyvet:

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 6:23pm On Aug 20, 2018
radautoworks:

Pretty sure he doesn't want to live in the hood from his plans lol! He would be so confused with rey-rey dem

Lol I’m sure he does not but moving into a nice neighborhood city or burbs from Nigeria is not easy. I’m not sure which state he plans on moving too though.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2018
What's rey-rey
radautoworks:

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:25pm On Aug 20, 2018
Dremca:
What of a case of one who lives in a condo or apartment and not single family home.

Same rules. America is about plain courtesy. Don't be a nuisance and you'll be fine.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2018
radautoworks:

Nope. Once you have been caught illegally, you are NOT becoming a citizen asylum or otherwise. Right now, even this with green cards are under scrutiny and being deported if they discover the slightest lie on your application. Forget committing a crime. Lie about when you came in the country let them find out even after you have your papers for decades.

May be not in her case but there was a recent case whereby a gay man was deported back to his country while trying to file for residency . An immigration judge ruled the deportation unlawful and he was allowed back to the United States.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kansascity.com/news/local/article195579604.html
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2018
Dremca:
What's rey-rey

Think ever black movie about the good you've ever seen. Rey-Rey is the stereotypical hood n*gga
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2018
Babyvet:

May be not in her case but there was a recent case whereby a gay man was deported back to his country while trying to file for residency . An immigration judge ruled the deportation unlawful and he was allowed back to the United States.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kansascity.com/news/local/article195579604.html

Link not working. He wasn't deported for coming in illegally though was he?. They just denied his application the first time. I'm guessing his first application was seeking asylum because of sexual persecution?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2018
radautoworks:

Same rules. America is about plain courtesy. Don't be a nuisance and you'll be fine.

Yea and as long as you don’t live in a neighborhood with over sabi white people who like to call on police on black people, then he should be fine.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 20, 2018
radautoworks:

Think ever black movie about the good you've ever seen. Rey-Rey is the stereotypical hood n*gga

Be careful of what you are saying. Lets be mindful of the things we are saying on here, you never know who you are talking to.
I am positve OP is AA and female.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2018
My interest has always been tech and am looking towards silicon valley area. I'm still planning towards achieving that.
radautoworks:

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2018
My interest has always been tech and am looking towards silicon valley area. I'm still planning towards achieving that.
Babyvet:

Lol I’m sure he does not but moving into a nice neighborhood city or burbs from Nigeria is not easy. I’m not sure which state he plans on moving too though.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2018
HypocriteNazi:

Be careful of what you are saying. Lets be mindful of the things we are saying on here, you never know who you are talking to.

Not sure what the problem is. I'm black and female and stereotypes are exactly that. Doesn't mean they're true.

Kinda like us living in trees with our pet Lions while half nude. And yes, I still get asked that about Africa particularly by African Americans.

And yes, my pet Lion's name is Simba.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2018
radautoworks:

Not sure what the problem is. I'm black and female and stereotypes are exactly that. Doesn't mean they're true.

Kinda like us living in trees with our pet Lions while half nude. And yes, I still get asked that about Africa particularly by African Americans.

And yes, my pet Lion's name is Simba.

Alright. Im just saying is all. I would hate to see this thread go in the way of others with bashing, insulting, and etc.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 6:44pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hmmm. I believe she is very open minded.
HypocriteNazi:

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 20, 2018
Dremca:
Hmmm. I believe she is very open minded.

Who?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 6:46pm On Aug 20, 2018
The OP
HypocriteNazi:

Who?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2018
Dremca:
The OP

I agree, but you know how things can get, one person says something, then other people feed off of it.
Thats all Im saying. So far the thread is great, lets keep it that way.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 6:59pm On Aug 20, 2018
Educate us on the basic ettiquttes to learn for new immigrants coming to the state.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 7:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
HypocriteNazi:

Alright. Im just saying is all. I would hate to see this thread go in the way of others with bashing, insulting, and etc.

I'll have my lion bite anyone who does that cheesy wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (73) (Reply)

Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES / The Crystal Service immigration Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.