Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Nigeria Is Finished! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Finished! (701 Views)

Nigeria Is Finished! I Am Ashamed Of My Country - Pics / With Buhari Reactions To Nnamdi Kanu, He Is Finished(VIDEO OF BUHARI) / "With Biafra, It Is Finished" - Gowon {video} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Finished! by philip0906(m): 5:33pm On Jun 23, 2010
I wonder what kinda country this is.I just have to come to the conclusion that this country is as good as gone.
Only some months back,reports were on the dailies about the illegal checkpoints on the seme-badagry road.These dailies had carried out detailed investigation and urged the authorites to do something about it(mind u this was not the 1st,second,third infact countless times such report had been on) including then president obasanjo openly promising to look into the issue,and yes he did.But these checkpoints disappeared for only days and were back again.
I frequent btw benin and nigeria almost regularly and it was to my shock to see only 3 checkpoints as at last 2 weeks from seme to agbara(which is unusual).normally we see close to 15 checkpoints.i just said 2 myself while driving,i give them 4 days,and they'll be back.but i was dead wrong.the following week,i passed by and still saw the 3 legal checkpoints.I was like,finnaly Nigeria is changing because we heard that a taskforce had been set up by the authorities to clear the illegal checkpoints.BUT as i speak ow,2 weeks after,boys cheesy grin are back 2 work and this time,with more commitment grin to make up for the lost days and u know what i mean.
I wonder what else will be done to stop this,if the president could not,taskforce could not,i just wonder.
Re: Nigeria Is Finished! by Ehoi: 5:42pm On Jun 23, 2010
Is that why you say Nigeria is finished? There are many more important things that happen which have worse consequence than this. I guess people only see what affects them.
Re: Nigeria Is Finished! by philip0906(m): 5:52pm On Jun 23, 2010
@ehoi
u r right.but u should know that for me to come to this conclusion,i have seen a whole lotta things that are even worse than this.just take a look at the headlines(even here on our own nairaland).But i did hope to pass across a message,that nothing works in this country simple as that and I'm sure u know
Re: Nigeria Is Finished! by Spyker: 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2010
Your topic is misleading. Come to the Niger Delta and you will know check points is part of our life. We are tired of complaining, even President Goodluck Jonathan can not stop it. The only solution is to bring back toll gates so that they can now have an official place for their daily collection from motorist.
Re: Nigeria Is Finished! by Fhemmmy: 6:17pm On Jun 23, 2010
Your topic is very misleading, i thought Iran has fired some nice missiles into Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Is Finished! by ElRazur: 6:46pm On Jun 23, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Your topic is very misleading, i thought Iran has fired some nice missiles into Nigeria

Israelis wont allow such abomination I'm afraid. Remember, there are Igbos who claims to be the lost Jews or something. Israel will quickly retaliate on iran. lol.
Re: Nigeria Is Finished! by nobaga: 8:39pm On Jun 23, 2010
They have been say Nigeria is finish, may be before some young men were born. Do not give up so easily.

(1) (Reply)

The Kidnapped Journalists Had Huge Sums Of Money On Them. / Dora's Allegations Against Me Are Laughable-soludo / Stop Inec From Spending 74 Billion Naira On Voter Regsitration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.