Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

"Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady (53484 Views)

What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? / Nigeria Lady Delivers Message To Everyone Planning To Move To America1 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by ccollins(m): 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Very true.

I plan on doing similar after my retirement in Ibadan.

10% of my business income will be for philanthropy.

No stupid church tithes but direct to the needy citizens.
sir,i would also be grateful to benefit from your kind gesture of philanthropy.i just graduated from law but in nysc.i don't even have anything but i would love to also work in usa

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2018
ccollins:
sir,i would also be grateful to benefit from your kind gesture of philanthropy.i just graduated from law but in nysc.i don't even have anything but i would love to also work in usa

The targeted audience wouldn’t know what Nairaland is and won’t have frivolities such as smartphone and internet access.

I wish you the best of luck Sir.

5 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Jamestown123: 3:47pm On Aug 21, 2018
HeWrites:
In a bid to dispel the notion that living abroad is paradise, @Mochievous has narrated her experience of hardship abroad.

Read her tweets below;

https://www.torimill.co/travel/9433/living-abroad-is-more-difficult-than-living-in-nigeria-lady.html

Nigerian are just too wicked, we know like each other progress at all. E no work for Uche no mean say e no go work for u oo.

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Partnerbiz3: 3:50am On Aug 23, 2018
johnpablo541:

waec scratch card, and SOA means Statement of Account
ok tnz
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by StackNerd: 4:57pm On Aug 23, 2018
CanadianEnginee:

you re right. A lot of Nigerians think that it is easy to survive abroad. They don't know that everyone has to compete for jobs with the intelligent Asians and Arabs- as in, unemployable nigerian graduates competing with the brilliant asians. No wonder a lot of Nigerians are suffering abroad. No strategy or plan on how to integrate into their new environment.

Unintelligent, low self-esteem alert.

Please speak for yourself. Stop spewing trash on this platform, infact, what you wrote up there should be deleted by the Mods.its just too stupid to fathom.

5 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by StackNerd: 5:10pm On Aug 23, 2018
CanadianEnginee:

I`m gonna forgive you for that insult.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.186.102&rep=rep1&type=pdf

if only the fool @flyca would agree to read instead of throwing more insults.

I didn't bother to read what you wrote up there, I imagine that it can deplete my brain cells,.

So you read a paper and a study by a white man, telling you African IQ is lower on the average. How stupid can you be??

2 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Sharonose: 8:36am On Aug 24, 2018
HeWrites:
In a bid to dispel the notion that living abroad is paradise, @Mochievous has narrated her experience of hardship abroad.

Read her tweets below;

https://www.torimill.co/travel/9433/living-abroad-is-more-difficult-than-living-in-nigeria-lady.html

sorry poster, but if u nor suffer for abroad' u won't make it, my sister slept on the street of uk with her 1year old baby for months, but today she own a car and big big houses in Nigeria....my cousin was homeless in America for 2years, everyone Nigeria laughed at him but today he has houses and a big running business in Nigeria even with over 20 people working for him in Nigeria....
My believe is; if u nor suffer for both home and abroad, u won't make it ... Me dat is talking was once homeless in Nigeria... The struggle is everywhere, but abroad is sure, ur future is sure if u are smart....

7 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by sodres: 7:15am On Aug 29, 2018
Lolz.. America is hard, na today we de hear dis kind tin?
With all the slept inside. Library/train how did all that pay off now? Are you not living good?
You have any idea how peeps de hustle really hard here for naija and still have nothing to show for it.
You knew lagos was a better option but still decide to stay in the USA abi?

6 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 10, 2019
Funny topic. Of course living abroad is more difficult than in Nigeria and it's not because it's better or worse, for you is a Homeland, living in your own country is always more easy because you were born there, have family, friends, know from child how your society works, where to look for job, shelter, friends. Immigration is tough, arriving to the new country you start as a child, many rules and behavior is different, law, where to get help or how to live and make a living is all different even if the language is the same, the same Nigerians abroad treat you different. Who said abroad, USA, Canada, Europe is a paradise?

3 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by toprealman: 1:38am On Dec 24, 2019
Nwodosis:
Would you have been given student loan in Lagos?
All the places you claimed to have slept, can you compare them with people living permanently under the bridge in Lagos?
No place like home as they say, but I doubt if Nigeria is among the homes
Wicked you are grin
Words well spoken
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Ibukunstar(f): 7:53pm On Dec 24, 2019
Merry Christmas in advance people. Please I need help. I finished secondary school education in 2010. Not furthered since then. I run my businesses. I am now married with 3 kids I intend travelling to either Canada or France for study then try to get residency so I can bring in my children please what's d best way to go about it and what are my chances considering how long I have finished secondary school, my age marital status and others. Though I can take any exam to back up this but I don't know where to start please help

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by dobosky(m): 8:11pm On Dec 24, 2019
Ibukunstar:
Merry Christmas in advance people. Please I need help. I finished secondary school education in 2010. Not furthered since then. I run my businesses. I am now married with 3 kids I intend travelling to either Canada or France for study then try to get residency so I can bring in my children please what's d best way to go about it and what are my chances considering how long I have finished secondary school, my age marital status and others. Though I can take any exam to back up this but I don't know where to start please help
You have chance of Visa in Canada or France but what matter will be your financial capability. Canada is a little be strict in recent time but France is a bit relax. However, since you are thinking of bringing your family? Canada will be more suitable.
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Ibukunstar(f): 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2019
Don't know much but I think with the right documents and a source of income it's better there than Lagos as u say
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by DexterousOne(m): 8:38am On Dec 25, 2019
otherway:
We all know it is quite difficult living in the western world if you dont have work permit or if you are an over-stayer.Nevertheless,it is still far better than living in Nigeria because of the rotten system.

Truth
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by DexterousOne(m): 8:42am On Dec 25, 2019
LesbianBoy:
Did I just read Nigerians are "kind" people? We are only kind because we expect something from God grin grin grin grin

When I saw that
I just LOL
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by DexterousOne(m): 8:45am On Dec 25, 2019
couragemurphy:

It is not dat bad bro. There is alwayz light at the end of the tunnel. I have alwayz believed that you can make it anywhere in life, it all depends on the mindset and mental conviction.

I lived in Benin City where every average guy thinks he must jand b4 making it. But for me i just grew up with my own conviction that hustling abroad is not mine but with strong conviction that i can make all my cool cash here and go any country for vacation only. Bro, it is working for me, there is no cooler place than home (my Nigeria).

You must not be in USA to be a millionaire. Rich people are destined and believe to be rich in any environment.

#Prosperity is more of a mental thing than environmental

If in doubt ask #Adenuga, Dangote, Otedola, GEJ, Igbinedion, Danjuma, Alakija, Cge, and the list is endless.

#Peace

Wrong examples

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by masterplan303(m): 12:12pm On Dec 25, 2019
undecided
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by bull67: 10:00am On Aug 23, 2020
living abroad is not all about money. how about those going to live in neighbouring countries like Ghana, benin republic, gambia, kenya e.t.c. where in those countries to you see kidnapping, cultism, money rituals e.t.c. how many doctors nigeria get self? health services should be free. scchools should be free too. pensions are not being paid , not to talk of salaries. so if anyone is a doctor here or nurse, accountant, and a country gives you employment where will you work between canada or nigeria?
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Cousin9999: 5:45pm On Aug 23, 2020
There's homeless shelters and women's shelters in America if you don't have a home. Some are dangerous, but they're available and free.

There are soup kitchens and food banks in America if you can't get a meal.

Even if you don't have papers, in America you can get a job and home. There's a variety of businesses that will employ you under the table, and some landlords will offer a decent home. These are risky situations, but it exists.

My suggestion to a student, especially female, in this situation is to explain their situation to their pastor, or any religious leader. These people often have informal and formal networks for addressing these problems. In some cases, they can help in securing papers and employment.

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by laiperi: 1:49am On Aug 25, 2020
I stumble into this thread while trying to find out who Cousin9999 is. From what I can tell, I will not be surprised if he is a travel agent that encourage or sell gullible Nigerians overseas.

I understand the pain of this OP. Sometimes you feel like giving up on Nigeria but it is people like Op that you want to counsel because many times counseling is more important than money.

There are good students in the most prestigious universities in USA that are homeless and go without food.

Indeed, these universities know that. In some cases they provide shelter or give them "free dorm". There was another story of another student sharing the room she was given with her homeless sister and mother.

Schools usually have food for events and they make sure there are surplus. As soon as the events are over, the food are placed in open locations where hungry students can see them.

Op there are people in Nigeria that know what you are going through. Please do not listen to these organ donors. They will never listen until they find themselves in Libya stopover, on their way to USA.

It is hard to believe that until these stubborn goats are led astray by cousin 9999 and his like, they will never listen.

Please stay strong as some kind hearted people here advised you and ignore those goats running through the desert to get to where you are.

Cousin 9999, you should be ashamed of yourself. The advice you give up there is what Nigerians go to America for?

Let me keep my cool but all the people you lead astray eh, their heads will haunt you.
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Cousin9999: 2:16am On Aug 25, 2020
lol A wise man once said, "Daz d way out of my mentions. (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞ "

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by kikuyu1(m): 9:37pm On Jul 17, 2021
CanadianEnginee:

I`m gonna forgive you for that insult.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.186.102&rep=rep1&type=pdf

if only the she would agree to read instead of throwing more insults.

That ' study ' is 100% BS!? It's been frequently cited and endlessly looped over cyber space like the Gospel but its not.
US researchers compared motor skill and intelligence is Asian, American and Kenyan new borns early 70s.
Guess who came out tops in ALL categories - it WASN'T even close! Kenyan, SPECIFICALLY Kikuyu babies!?
I can't find the vid right now.
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by BlackSan: 7:54pm On Jul 22, 2021
HeWrites:

Read her tweets below;

I will listen to these excuses when she's back and "living" in Lagos

Looking for free food? And her deluded mind assumed a bustling place like Lagos will notice her? Unless she wants to stand in the queue of beggars.

So many nonsense
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by BlackSan: 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2021
flyca:
In a way, I agree.

Home is sweet when it feels like home. And there is no place like home. This statement is very true but you may not understand this until you move abroad.

Sometimes, a lot of times, I wish I could just pick up my bags and scream “I'm done here”. Then I think for a second and realize that there is actually “no home” to go back to cry The reason many of us are stuck abroad. So we stay back and keep up the good fight smiley.

Hugs babe, I'm with you in this one. I feel you.

The reason a person will ever complain after moving to the west is Laziness. Many expect abundant wealth after traveling without making necessary preparations.

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by kikuyu1(m): 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2021
There's a number of posts on this but not a SINGLE post I've seen has touched on the biggest culture shock Africans experience from Oyinbos:
- not the pathological anthropormification of animals, ESPECIALLY dogs
- not the strange attraction to LGBTQ F'ERY
-neither is it the neurotic insistence on equality wherein a 4 yr olds opinion carries as much weight as say a 50 yr old Zoology prof
The normalisation of a lack of personal hygiene is depressing! The funniest THING is public spaces, the parks, theatres, eateries etc, etc are ALMOST antiseptically clean particularly in Germanic Europe but the people are often stubbornly indifferent to regular bathing.
Its NEARLY a given when laying the Dee with a Euro chick she'll simply get dressed and go to work, school or office; unthinkable here in Africa or say Japan.
Even when they do bathe its frequently just a shampoo. They assume the soapy water runoff is good enough. Its not! Oyinbo college women in the US are addicted to febreze,a fabric freshener they liberally spray on their jeans and sheets for up to a month!?

It's both genders. I had a Canadian pal who showered only 2 or 3 times weekly. Half the Euros I've known are similar. Friends who've used public transport in winter have well nigh wept describing the smell!
If you think this is BS see Becky here showering ONCE EVERY SIX DAYS!?

https://youtu.be/kcoTqHJazJw

2.03 HAHAHA!?

Studies have been done:

"
One in four Britons don’t shower every day. And the rest aren’t doing it right..When I was a kid, we had a bath once a week, and when I was at university, I lived a whole year in a building and never found out where the bath was. Perhaps that was extreme, but washing every day was considered much more so: I always thought it conveyed some minor but problematic self-hatred, and felt quite sympathetic to people who always smelled so good, though, truthfully, there weren’t that many of them."
[url]One in four Britons don’t shower every day. And the rest aren’t doing it right/url]

TERRIBLE! And these MOFOS ALL swim, scuba dive, water ski and AND ISHYT whenever they can, what the ACTUAL FECK!?

Another relatively recent, and now nearly ubiquitous, concept in the West is the normalcy of the daily shower. Shove notes that just two generations ago, it was standard in the UK for people to bathe once a week."

Its all Euros of ALL CLASSES. From the majority middle class to the upper class and Elite with marble bathrooms like this.

While there are numerous stereotypes about the French that are completely inaccurate, it turns out the whole "French people never shower" thing may indeed be true.

A new poll conducted by BVA and published in French newspaper Presse-Ocean reveals that only 57% of the French shower daily.

24% said they shower once every other day; 11% said once every three days. The remaining 8% shower just once every four days.
.. or less."

[url][https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/french-people-do-not-like-to-shower-survey-showsurl]

Sometimes I HONESTLY wonder maybe the escape from continental poverty starts with abandoning personal hygiene? Maybe the money saved from not paying for soap and water can go into technical innovation after which we'll conquer the world? A bright student will write a paper on this one day.

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Bifwoli: 1:40am On Jul 27, 2021
flyca:
In a way, I agree.

Home is sweet when it feels like home. And there is no place like home. This statement is very true but you may not understand this until you move abroad.

Sometimes, a lot of times, I wish I could just pick up my bags and scream “I'm done here”. Then I think for a second and realize that there is actually “no home” to go back to cry The reason many of us are stuck abroad. So we stay back and keep up the good fight smiley.

Hugs babe, I'm with you in this one. I feel you.
That's a damn lie . You wanna go back to a place with 89m people in extreme poverty,no 24/7 light ,no security ,bad bad bad roads ,gulleys and trash everywhere ,no jobs for graduates ,very poor housing for majority,chaos everywhere ,bribes everywhere to get small things done etc etc ?

YOU'RE A DAMN LIAR .

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by flyca: 7:44am On Jul 27, 2021
Bifwoli:
That's a damn lie . You wanna go back to a place with 89m people in extreme poverty,no 24/7 light ,no security ,bad bad bad roads ,gulleys and trash everywhere ,no jobs for graduates ,very poor housing for majority,chaos everywhere ,bribes everywhere to get small things done etc etc ?

YOU'RE A DAMN LIAR .
If your parents live in Okokomiko, and you visit your rich uncle in Lekki or Banana Island. No matter how cozy you feel in air-conditioned rooms, no matter the continental meals you are served there, no matter how many beautiful pictures you take around his garage with this cars, it doesn't make you your uncle's son! Deep down you, you still know your place, you know your heritage. You cannot run away from it! Fact.

No need for me to lie, I am not a visa-issuing officer.
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by RodgersAkpafu: 3:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
flyca:

If your parents live in Okokomiko, and you visit your rich uncle in Lekki or Banana Island. No matter how cozy you feel in air-conditioned rooms, no matter the continental meals you are served there, no matter how many beautiful pictures you take around his garage with this cars, it doesn't make you your uncle's son! Deep down you, you still know your place, you know your heritage. You cannot run away from it! Fact.

No need for me to lie, I am not a visa-issuing officer.
This is not the best of examples to use though

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: What Ibadan Railway Axis Looks Like - Photo Documentary / Fire Guts Lagos Blue Rail Station / Wreckage Of A Plane That Crashed In Canada And Everyone Survived (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.