Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu (12108 Views)

Heavy Flooding In Alaba Market: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) / Fire Guts Shops At Balogun Market In Lagos / Fire Guts Shops In Ogba, Millions Of Naira Worth Of Goods Destroyed (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by goldcoinhub: 6:43am On Aug 16, 2018
Traders at a certain shopping complex in the Ikorodu area of Lagos are already counting their losses after fire razed their shops and items worth millions of Naira destroyed.

According to Punch Metro the fire reportedly started around 2am on Wednesday and it affected four shops in the complex.

The fire was allegedly caused by an electrical spark inside one of the shops on Beach Road, opposite Ikorodu General Hospital, Lagos.

An eyewitness, Olamide Ojuope, said the fire occurred after he and his friends returned from an outing.

He said:

“We were sleeping when some security guards started banging at the door. When we rushed out, I saw the fire burning inside the shops, but no one could break into the shops. We called the state fire service, which put out the fire.”

One of the owners of the burnt shops, Biodun Odukoya, said he received a call about the fire from a doctor at the general hospital, adding that his goods were destroyed.

The Ogun State indigene said:

“I am a vulcaniser. The fire burnt my three machines and all the tyres I sell. The property I lost is worth about N5.3m.”

It was gathered that another shop owner, Busayo Ayoola, upon seeing that her shop had got burnt, fainted and was rushed to the general hospital.

Ayoola later told our correspondent that her savings were in the shop.

She said:

“My blood pressure rose and I was rushed to the hospital. But I have been discharged. I was at the shop on Tuesday and I closed around 8pm. My computers, photocopier, freezers, printer and all the goods I just bought were burnt.

“My valuables that got burnt were worth about N3m. My husband and I separated 11 years ago. This shop is what I use to take care of my children. Everything is gone; I beg the government to come to my aid.”

Another victim, Idowu Yusuf, a food vendor, said she obtained a loan from a microfinance bank to establish her business, adding that the fire had damaged her trade.

She said:

“If you go there, you will see the extent of the damage. I lost goods worth N500, 000.

“I have called the officials of the microfinance bank to come and observe what happened and they were here. I want the government to help me.”

The Public Affairs Officer, Lagos State Fire Service, Bola Ajao, said the fire service responded immediately it got a distress call on the incident.

She said:

“We received the call around 3.56am. The Ikorodu station responded immediately. They later called for reinforcement around 4.10am, and our Alausa station joined them.

“The aggravation of the fire could be because the residents delayed in calling the fire service. We later put out the fire.”

https://lailasnews.com/items-worth-millions-of-naira-destroyed-as-fire-guts-shops-in-ikorodu/

Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by kunzyomi(m): 6:45am On Aug 16, 2018
Damn.
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by izzou(m): 6:52am On Aug 16, 2018
sad
Chai

I just pray they have a running insurance policy. If not, na their village sure pass embarassed

Meanwhile

“I am a vulcaniser. The fire burnt my three machines and all the tyres I sell. The property I lost is worth about N5.3m.”

This vulcaniser got me thinking angry

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by dingbang(m): 6:58am On Aug 16, 2018
Wtf shocked shocked

Meanwhile , Esteemed first bank customers can now do exciting transactions through the first mobile app, click the link on my signature on how to register. Thanks
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:03am On Aug 16, 2018

My valuables that got burnt were worth about N3m.

“If you go there, you will see the extent of the damage. I lost goods worth N500, 000.

This is so sad.
In this critical times.
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:03am On Aug 16, 2018
Traders at a certain shopping complex in the Ikorodu.....

.......Punch, wakanda journalism is this?!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by money121(m): 7:04am On Aug 16, 2018
Na whaoo shocked shocked
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by Bossontop(m): 7:05am On Aug 16, 2018
undecided
If u check now u go see say na nepa(power) problem cause am..........it is well

Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by Exwizard: 7:05am On Aug 16, 2018
The vilganizer is the real definition of slay king... Chai 5.3M

5 Likes

Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by mattonnairaland: 7:05am On Aug 16, 2018
This is bad! Even trader that loaned the money just waiting for the business to pick up
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by bentlywills(m): 7:06am On Aug 16, 2018
Dz early morning angry
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by bigcil2(m): 7:06am On Aug 16, 2018
Sad
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by abumoney(m): 7:06am On Aug 16, 2018
Eiya, may God replace the lost items with something better

1 Like

Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by codedgalaxy: 7:07am On Aug 16, 2018
this is Nigeria, filled with reckless people
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by Merimental(m): 7:07am On Aug 16, 2018
izzou:
sad
Chai

I just pray they have a running insurance policy. If not, na their village sure pass embarassed

Meanwhile

don't underestimate dose guys...na dem dey first build house 4 der family grin

4 Likes

Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by OLAFIMIX(f): 7:07am On Aug 16, 2018
I am telling you all these jobs graduate refers to as dirty job have lot of money...... A barber I know had built 2 houses here in Lagos.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by RichDad1(m): 7:09am On Aug 16, 2018
Na wa o
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by izzou(m): 7:11am On Aug 16, 2018
Merimental:

don't underestimate dose guys...na dem dey first build house 4 der family grin

Na true sha grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by RichDad1(m): 7:13am On Aug 16, 2018
goldcoinhub:
Traders at a certain shopping complex in the Ikorodu area of Lagos are already counting their losses after fire razed their shops and items worth millions of Naira destroyed.

According to Punch Metro the fire reportedly started around 2am on Wednesday and it affected four shops in the complex.

The fire was allegedly caused by an electrical spark inside one of the shops on Beach Road, opposite Ikorodu General Hospital, Lagos.

An eyewitness, Olamide Ojuope, said the fire occurred after he and his friends returned from an outing.

He said:

“We were sleeping when some security guards started banging at the door. When we rushed out, I saw the fire burning inside the shops, but no one could break into the shops. We called the state fire service, which put out the fire.”

One of the owners of the burnt shops, Biodun Odukoya, said he received a call about the fire from a doctor at the general hospital, adding that his goods were destroyed.

The Ogun State indigene said:

“I am a vulcaniser. The fire burnt my three machines and all the tyres I sell. The property I lost is worth about N5.3m .”

It was gathered that another shop owner, Busayo Ayoola, upon seeing that her shop had got burnt, fainted and was rushed to the general hospital.

Ayoola later told our correspondent that her savings were in the shop.

She said:

“My blood pressure rose and I was rushed to the hospital. But I have been discharged. I was at the shop on Tuesday and I closed around 8pm. My computers, photocopier, freezers, printer and all the goods I just bought were burnt.

“My valuables that got burnt were worth about N3m. My husband and I separated 11 years ago. This shop is what I use to take care of my children. Everything is gone; I beg the government to come to my aid.”

Another victim, Idowu Yusuf, a food vendor, said she obtained a loan from a microfinance bank to establish her business, adding that the fire had damaged her trade.

She said:

“I have called the officials of the microfinance bank to come and observe what happened and they were here. I want the government to help me.”

The Public Affairs Officer, Lagos State Fire Service, Bola Ajao, said the fire service responded immediately it got a distress call on the incident.

She said:

“We received the call around 3.56am. The Ikorodu station responded immediately. They later called for reinforcement around 4.10am, and our Alausa station joined them.

“The aggravation of the fire could be because the residents delayed in calling the fire service. We later put out the fire.”

https://lailasnews.com/items-worth-millions-of-naira-destroyed-as-fire-guts-shops-in-ikorodu/

The whole area sef is not worth 5m. undecided
I pray you guys recovers from this quick.
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by R0LL0N(m): 7:14am On Aug 16, 2018
God really saved that petrol station otherwise it would have been a terrible disaster. I even pity the school behind the complex.

5 Likes

Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by HoodBillionaire: 7:15am On Aug 16, 2018
na why i no like heavy equipment
naso my hpuse for burn yesterday o.
my ac socket don burn patapata.
i jus sensed danger
i rush go off socket shaps
make house no come burn because of one dirty ac
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:27am On Aug 16, 2018
I always advocate for shop owners to always switch off ur electrical gadgets before closing for the day no2 just look at the damage caused which could have been avoided well I pray Government assist them no matter how little

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by Kharol1234: 7:27am On Aug 16, 2018
izzou:
sad
Chai

Meanwhile

u dae suspect d vulcanizer?
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by seborrhic: 7:30am On Aug 16, 2018
izzou:
sad
Chai

Meanwhile

Don't mind the man.
His lies are enough to prevent people and the govt from assisting him.
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by coolbode1: 7:36am On Aug 16, 2018
SO SAD!!! FIRE HAS NO FRIEND...

HOW I WISH THEY HAVE GOTTEN A FIRE AND SPECIAL PERIL INSURANCE IN PLACE...

I'M A PROFESSIONAL INSURANCE BROKER..
SOME CLIENT RUN TO INSURANCE COMPANY DIRECT AND THEY BILL THEM HUGE AMOUNT but WITH BROKER.... WE NEGOTIATE TO SATISFY THE CLIENT WITH THE LOWEST RATE WITH PROMPT CLAIM PAYMENT.

JUST CONTACT ME FOR MORE ENQUIRIES. 08029012147/08139088848.....ALL OTHER CLASSES OF INSURANCE TOO..... *We sell peace of mind*
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 16, 2018
We don’t apply preventive measures, houses built close together all in the name of profit
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by orijintv(m): 7:55am On Aug 16, 2018
seborrhic:

Don't mind the man.

He sells tyres too. Guy, he is speaking the truth
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by moses93(m): 7:55am On Aug 16, 2018
Lagos and fire is just like rice and beans. must there be fire in Lagos at every fxcking time? carelessness
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by Horus(m): 8:21am On Aug 16, 2018
Most electrical fires are caused by faulty electrical outlets and old, outdated appliances and outdated wiring
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by ronaldbecky(m): 9:06am On Aug 16, 2018
izzou:
sad
Chai

Meanwhile

dont believe dat story..wch vulcanizer...am sure it will b warehouse..those dat sell tire,do wheel balancing,car jacking and some kind of things...most equipment are very expensive...dont believe dat story.
Re: Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu by Tonimordred(m): 9:07am On Aug 16, 2018
seborrhic:

Don't mind the man.
i tot u read everything...nt only vulcaniza bt also sell tyres....USE UR HEAD

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chibuzor Eze vs Patrick Ogidi - a case of slander? (with evidence) / Funke Opeke & Judith Gardiner Confirm Mainone's Takeover By Equinix / PHCN Prepaid Meter Codes In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.