Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed (50875 Views)

Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport / Ondo: Flood Engulfs Cars, Houses, And Gets Into Bank (Photos) / Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2018
A young American couple was killed by ISIS last month while on a cycling trip around the world to prove ‘humans are kind.’Jay Austin and Lauren Geoghegan, who were both in their late 20s, last year quit their office jobs in Washington, DC, to embark on the journey.

Austin, a vegan who worked for the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, and Geoghegan, a vegetarian who worked in the Georgetown University admissions office, decided that they’re were wasting their lives working.

The couple documented their year-long journey on ​Instagram and on a ​joint blog. They shared “the openheartedness they wanted to embody and the acts of kindness reciprocated by strangers.”

Austin wrote in one post;

“You read the papers and you’re led to believe that the world is a big, scary place,”

“People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil.”

“I don’t buy it, evil is a make-believe concept we’ve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own… By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.”

However, Austin and Geoghegan’s trip came to a tragic and gruesome end when they got to Tajikistan, a country with a known terrorist presence. They were riding their bikes through the country on July 29 when a car rammed them, ​​according to CBS News.

Five men got out of the car and stabbed the couple to death along with two other cyclists, one from Switzerland and the other from the Netherlands.

Two days later, ISIS released a video showing the same men sitting in front of the black ISIS flag. They looked at the camera and vowed to kill “disbelievers,” ​according to The New York Times.

Source: https://lailasnews.com/american-couple-bikes-through-isis-territory-to-prove-humans-are-kind-and-gets-killed/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by Righteousness89(m): 2:54pm On Aug 16, 2018
So bad....

6 Likes

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by cornel994(m): 2:54pm On Aug 16, 2018
Atleast der died believing in something. R.I.P heroes

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by Munzy14(m): 2:56pm On Aug 16, 2018
Ok let me pray.
God I thank you for the gift of sense.,even if my own starts to decline while aging, please also enhance that of my woman, so she will always remind me if my own blows out of proportion.
How can two adults married, decided to dump their sense at home?. So they don't listen nor watch the news on CNN. oooh!!! maybe they think news is a make believe movie.
Even BMC painting Buhari on nairaland with half-sense will not even near sambisa as we speak, even with lai Mohammed technically defeated lie syndrome.

457 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by TechCapon(m): 2:58pm On Aug 16, 2018
I saw their story on YouTube. Of all places to ride bike it's isis territory. Imagine leaving their jobs in Washington DC to ride bicycle. Opportunities comes to foolish people who don't know what to do with it but eludes those who are desperately seeking it.

170 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by Shelumiel: 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2018
The world is truly wicked .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by BeingFrank(m): 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
They've made their point, the world would have been a better place without Islam. RIP.

207 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by robinso01(m): 3:10pm On Aug 16, 2018
well they've been show how kindful the world is

13 Likes

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:27pm On Aug 16, 2018
undercover agents thinking that these mad extremists are dumb.... that would be as stoopid as entering a lion cage at the zoo hoping NOT to die. ARRANT NONSENSE!

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 16, 2018
They re surely undercover agents in disguise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by Alejoc(m): 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2018
Don't be a HERO!

5 Likes

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by chloride6: 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2018
Stay tuned for a clinical analysis of the actions of village people in the life of the couple. grin grin

A young American couple was killed by ISIS last month while on a cycling trip around the world to prove ‘humans are kind .’Jay Austin and Lauren Geoghegan, who were both in their late 20s, last year quit their office jobs in Washington, DC, to embark on the journey.

Austin, a vegan who worked for the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, and Geoghegan, a vegetarian who worked in the Georgetown University admissions office, decided that they’re were wasting their lives working.

The couple documented their year-long journey on ​Instagram and on a ​joint blog . They shared “the openheartedness they wanted to embody and the acts of kindness reciprocated by strangers.”

Austin wrote in one post;

You read the papers and you’re led to believe that the world is a big, scary place,

“People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil.”

“I don’t buy it, evil is a make-believe concept we’ve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own… By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.”

However, Austin and Geoghegan’s trip came to a tragic and gruesome end when they got to Tajikistan, a country with a known terrorist presence. cThey were riding their bikes through the country on July 29 when a car rammed them , ​​according to CBS News.

Five men got out of the car and stabbed the couple to death along with two other cyclists, one from Switzerland and the other from the Netherlands.

Two days later, ISIS released a video showing the same men sitting in front of the black ISIS flag. They looked at the camera and vowed to kill “disbelievers,” ​according to The New York Times.

Everything in bold is them Village people..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by dust144(m): 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2018
Chai
Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by eezeribe(m): 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2018
Nigerians that so much love to blame victims... Oya food don done...
This one actually calls for victim blaming...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2018
sad
Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by stano2(m): 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2018
Who send them... cry cry

Wicked souls, no be only 72virgins, na cows dem go keep 4 dem

5 Likes

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by ajimotoke(m): 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2018
suicide mission ....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by otherway: 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2018
Death was on its own and they chose to go look for it.

Whites and their curious minds but that is also why they discover many things.

R.I.P to them.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by Oreofepeters: 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2018
that's sad
but they ought to have known the lion is not friendly.

Islam got no mercy

20 Likes

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by kerry57: 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2018
Oyinbo and adventure Na wah oo. How I go enter fire for the sake of adventure.

5 Likes

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by Dannyset(m): 5:07pm On Aug 16, 2018
Imagine!
Won yo tan won wa bekunbekun.
It's a pity they got answer to their query but not alive to analyze it.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
You play with blood suckers

BTW, I always wonder why there is sword on some countries' flag? Is sword for peace or war Someone should please educate me.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by 2LESS(m): 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
Munzy14:
Ok let me pray.
God I thank you for the gift of sense.,even if my own starts to decline while aging, please also enhance that of my woman, so she will always remind me if my own blows out of proportion.
How can two adults married, decided to dump their sense at home?. So they don't listen nor watch the news on CNN. oooh!!! maybe they think news is a make believe movie.
Even BMC painting Buhari on nairaland with half-sense will not even near sambisa as we speak, even with lai Mohammed technically defeated lie syndrome.

My brother, "I no know" na how I take start to dey talk.

2 Likes

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by Olukat(m): 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
undercover agents thinking that these mad extremists are dumb.... that would be as stoopid as entering a lion cage at the zoo hoping NOT to die. ARRANT NONSENSE!

You make too much sense.
Now they know the world isn't safe angry
Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by naijapips04: 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
Typical liberals. these are the same people that want to open up American borders to all and sundry.

Thanks to President Trump.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed by AfonjaSlaves(f): 5:09pm On Aug 16, 2018
I blame Abraham for not applying pulling method... Ismail cursed generation wouldn't have been in existence

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Places In The World Where It Is Daytime 24/7 (no Night For Months) / ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days / Uk Visa. How To Track Ur Application On Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.