Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam (41753 Views)

Female Student Caught After Carrying 'Expo' In This Manner For Exam. Photos / Sex For Mark: "OAU Female Student Should Stop Playing The Victim" - Man Says / Types Of People When Reading For An Exam(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by bammy777(m): 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2018
Delite01:
People asking what *aro* means should try and visit OAU especially Awolowo hall in the evening you will understand better. Those guys re clowns honestly lol... I can't forget some of the aro they did for me then. I could remember working along with my friend and her bf to our hostel one evening after class. That's how one yeye guy asked if I'm an assistant gf that there is brother o. This is exactly the way he said it "sister se assistant gf niyin ni, brother wa o" crazy and savage guys lol... Anyway, just for the fun of it I like the aro stuffs sha.
we ain't there no more. VC don chase us. Awo is now dry
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by Hhenryy: 9:03pm On Aug 16, 2018
Simplep:
Seriously?, u really dnt know it can?..u neva see somtin

Reading cannot make someone run mad, forget those tales you have heard. The worst that can happen is to fall sick due to stress.
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by DanseMacabre(m): 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2018
Horlhamhi:

It 'in a nutshell' means joke...

Okay. Thanks.
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by profmallor: 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2018
I agree, but those are arrows, they might as well have run mad while bathing.

bobochem:
bros book they make people run mad o.I don see like 2 cases for oau
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2018
CSTR1005:

Too much study can not make you run mad. It makes you a master.

Too much study over a long stretch of time and without commensurate rest and nutrition will make you mentally unbalanced.

Is mentally unbalanced ≠ mad?
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by eagshay94(m): 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2018
INTERMAN:
Don't be deaf. People saw her performing the madness. Can a female be disgracing herself anyhow till the security even came to carry her away Infront of many people. No lady will do that
av u ran mad b4...

like were u mad?

or better still, are u used to being insane?
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by pacifust058(m): 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2018
Hope it's not fever sha
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 16, 2018
Hhenryy:

Reading cannot make someone run mad, forget those tales you have heard. The worst that can happen is to fall sick due to stress.

If you truly believe this then you have a lot to learn. Over doing anything that involves your brain will make you mentally unstable. For those that it manifest physically (e.g. Nosebleed, muscle spasm etc) are the lucky ones as they usually quickly treat these symptoms.

For others who unknowingly push themselves too far ended up with mental/emotional breakdowns and these are really horrible.

A quick Google research will enlighten you more.
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by Hakeem12(m): 10:28pm On Aug 16, 2018
Tolexander:
ran mad abi she dey do "aro"?
wasn't aro bro, the girl ran mad. And besides aro has somehow died down in OAU since the new hostel regulations took effect. The notorious Awo hall itself seems to have changed.
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by 3kay945(m): 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2018
That is why it is advisable to always read ahead. Don't wait till exam comes in.

I still believed the lady did deprived her brain from adequate sleep or used substance to denied herself from sleeping.

This is my first time seeing this. How can someone run mad while reading, like seriously
Even some of us that listen to music while reading don't run mad. cool
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by toocoded: 10:33pm On Aug 16, 2018
Tolexander:
Na oau now, anything can be "aro"
Dem still dey do Aro for Great Ife?
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by mechanics(m): 10:35pm On Aug 16, 2018
She's suffering from cerebral malaria, it can be treated, it happened to one of my senior then in secondary school, he was later healed.
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by 3kay945(m): 10:39pm On Aug 16, 2018
eagshay94:

av u ran mad b4...

like were u mad?

or better still, are u used to being insane?

grin cheesy

You and him had quarrel before? grin
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by Diamondbeatz(m): 11:13pm On Aug 16, 2018
Pathetic

Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by Tolexander: 11:14pm On Aug 16, 2018
Hakeem12:
wasn't aro bro, the girl ran mad. And besides aro has somehow died down in OAU since the new hostel regulations took effect. The notorious Awo hall itself seems to have changed.
crycrycrycry
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by Mac2016(m): 12:31am On Aug 17, 2018
Three weeks to an exam period, my dearest varsity friend would disappear into the "wilderness of reading". URP studio after ajose hall to go reading without coming back to hostel.
I think we were bred with tough skin. It has both demerits and merit. May God restore that babe ijn. Amen.
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by Omojolaray(m): 12:40am On Aug 17, 2018
AfroMighty:
Tireless reading cause this little disturbance to the brain... use to have this friend in secondary school then, he hardly talk to anybody just his notes, can't forget the day my guy start this madness drama, it wasn't funny at all that day. The dude have to use weeks at a church, he came back and the thing didn't even stop. He talks alone, laugh unnecessary and get provoke mere seeing you near him... Most times it isn't spiritual...
good shepherd
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by naijajobx: 12:41am On Aug 17, 2018
hmm
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by lizzypro: 1:55am On Aug 17, 2018
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by lizzypro: 1:55am On Aug 17, 2018
[quote author=oshe11 post=70339838][/quote]

It seems that's the only picture you have on your device .. You're Disturbing NL with it.
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by Hhenryy: 6:31am On Aug 17, 2018
Kenblue:

If you truly believe this then you have a lot to learn. Over doing anything that involves your brain will make you mentally unstable For those that it manifest physically (e.g. Nosebleed, muscle spasm etc) are the lucky ones as they usually quickly treat these symptoms.

For others who unknowingly push themselves too far ended up with mental/emotional breakdowns and these are really horrible.

A quick Google research will enlighten you more.

@the emboldened, that's a very wrong assertion. What will you say about great mathematicians like Einstein, Newton, Gauss, Euler, Laplace etc.. That dedicated most of their entire life and time to the study of mathematics/physics, generating new equations, mathematical models, etc and we never heard any of them suffered mental illness and became mentally unstable. (and I believe you know mathematics tasks the brain more than any other course of study)

let me even use myself as a practical example.
(I studied Engineering) when I was in school, I usually study for several hours everyday. infact i didnt have friends while in school because I was so preoccupied with my studies.

The only thing I usually notice is that i fall sick after exams. Some people fall sick in-between (during exam period). Infact during exam periods, there used to be high incidence of students falling sick and admitted in the school clinic.

There was a particular semester when the incidence exacerbated and the school had to close the library for overnight reading. Before then, our library used to operate 24hrs during exam period.

Reading/studying can stress you when you are doing it for long periods and repeatedly but cannot make you mad/mentally unstable. It's just like any other type of stress the body is subjected to...

Stop believing that mental illness can be brought on by too much study/reading. Else the likes of Einstein and co wouldn't be normal and we would have a lot of professors roaming the streets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by Tolexander: 6:40am On Aug 17, 2018
Delite01:
People asking what *aro* means should try and visit OAU especially Awolowo hall in the evening you will understand better. Those guys re clowns honestly lol... I can't forget some of the aro they did for me then. I could remember working along with my friend and her bf to our hostel one evening after class. That's how one yeye guy asked if I'm an assistant gf that there is brother o. This is exactly the way he said it "sister se assistant gf niyin ni, brother wa o" crazy and savage guys lol... Anyway, just for the fun of it I like the aro stuffs sha.
you tried anyway!

There isn't anyhow you can perfectly explain what "aro" is to non oau students, they won't understand. That is why I didn't take my time answering those asking me. Are you still a student of the school?
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by Tolexander: 6:45am On Aug 17, 2018
Horlhamhi:
It 'in a nutshell' means joke...
"aro" can't be perfectly explained cheesy
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by tesloid(m): 7:12am On Aug 17, 2018
opyzy:
These oau guys now painted it as if the girl that ran mad is an achievement to show their reading prowess, it's like they are mad angry

Oau and hype....
you dey mind Dem
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by uppermode: 7:31am On Aug 17, 2018
DanseMacabre:
Abeg wetin be aro?
Obviously you are not from great ife.........Aro is a special mild drama that is normally performed by any student in ife to create certain awareness.... or call attention....... But it is mostly performed by awoite (students residing in Awolowo hall). You would think the person or the group of people performing it are mad
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by uppermode: 7:41am On Aug 17, 2018
toocoded:

Dem still dey do Aro for Great Ife?
How can you take it from them? Aro is an ideology......... Though it might not be that Intense again......... I can never forget the day I was passing through Awo hall on my way to Angola As a freshly baked jambite then, suddenly I heard voices behind me chanting omo mummy... Omo mummy... Omo mummy clapping and dancing vigorously..... I felt so embarrassed not knowing it was popular Aro they were doing
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by Evangkatsoulis: 7:59am On Aug 17, 2018
mudiana:
When I was in my 300L years ago, I discovered I cud not read for more than 2 hours straight without this hot sensation in my brain. Immediately it starts, I go back to my room, take a cup of milk and sleep. Till this day, I still experience it. I have my m.sc now. This life na jeje...

You own beta. My own no dey reach one minute before hotness and confusion start.
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 17, 2018
Pahdin

Village pple at work!
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by oshe11: 8:18am On Aug 17, 2018
lizzypro:

It seems that's the only picture you have on your device .. You're Disturbing NL with it.
Lizzy Baby Lokè lokè

Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by Delite01(f): 11:50am On Aug 17, 2018
Tolexander:
you tried anyway!

There isn't anyhow you can perfectly explain what "aro" is to non oau students, they won't understand. That is why I didn't take my time answering those asking me. Are you still a student of the school?

No, I graduated in 2013
Re: OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam by dejavuh0007(m): 11:54am On Aug 17, 2018
Why won't dey run mad when dey won't read months to d exam? They will now want to fit a whole textbook into their brain a night before exams.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LAUTECH 2013/2014 Admission / UNIOSUN Students: "Free Dr Sesan, He Didn't Flog Us We Were Only Catching Fun" / This Is How I Iron My Clothes In Ogwashi Uku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.