Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,275 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame (46117 Views)

E-Money Shows Off His Office (Photos, Video) / E-money Shows Off His Office, E-Beggars Beg Him For Money / Little Taju And His Family Visit AY In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by Almaiga: 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Bloody tribalists everywhere

cool cool cool

Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by IbrahimDamola: 10:21pm On Aug 16, 2018
cenaman:
Is Igbo a language? i taught is carnabis(weed). IPOB come oo igbo no maka this time oo.

My dear yorobba muslim brother I agree with your aboki asslicking tongue. Insha Allahu! grin
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by IbrahimDamola: 10:24pm On Aug 16, 2018
baddosky1:

FFK like af0nja men are known to peg their achievement based on women who they claim to have bedded without proof while in real sense, they masturbate over in fantasy. The only holes af0nja men successfully drill are that of minors and goats like your cousin Taiwo Oluwa who was caught humping one some years back.

Chei this one pain my yoruba muslim skull eh!

So you mean we yorubas fuckkk goats while our fulani herdsmen masters fuckkk cows which is higher than goats? grin

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by Mizwisdom(f): 10:28pm On Aug 16, 2018
cescfrank:

Guess you haven't been to the north.
Was in Kano 2008 when i visited my Sis. She was then a student of Kano state college of education. I sat almost an hour in her class and understood nothing; cos the mallam teaching barely speaks english.

So what's your point, did you like the fact that you didn't understand him and he was supposed to speak a general language so everyone can understand? This is why the North is behind in everything. Please no offense to Northern people but they drag us back all the time. We need to divide
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by konfused: 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2018
blackaxe78:
Igbo language is too crude in the first place but he should have honoured the guests

Nwa Ndi ara grin grin
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by Henri8: 10:36pm On Aug 16, 2018
We want his name so we can call him out and isolate him.
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by Lukay99: 10:36pm On Aug 16, 2018
Greatzeus:
An office is an official place and should be treated as such. English is the official language of Nigeria,so it's the acceptable means of communication.
Imagine walking into an office for an assignment and the secretary is speaking her own tribal language which you don't understand

What's stopping the black race from making our own local languages from bein one of the official language within their states? If you choose to reside in a state then you should also try and respect and appreciate your host local language or else, it's better you move out of the state if you're not ready to respect the local language.
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by mechanics(m): 10:37pm On Aug 16, 2018
No idea.
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by EsvRotimiJubril(m): 10:38pm On Aug 16, 2018
That's why I like the northerners, especially the hausa's, Kanuris and the Fulanis. They don't joke with their language.
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by blaise26abj(m): 11:03pm On Aug 16, 2018
sacramento1212:

You are correct. One of the reasons why i don't like this inter tribal marriage of a thing is because the mode of communication in the house would be English and once that happens, it won't be possible for the children to understand and speak their native dialect.

But when you marry from your tribe and mode of communication at home is native, then it will definitely be easy for the children. All my children by God's grace must have ibibio names and they must speak and understand the dialect.

Because the yorubas do that doesn't make it right. An office is an office and as long as English is our official language, it should be used in that space. You can speak your language anywhere else.

Forget that inter tribal marriage -ish, it depends on how you both decide to raise your kids. There are pure Yoruba homes that the kids speak only English.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by sacramento1212: 11:11pm On Aug 16, 2018
blaise26abj:

Because the yorubas do that doesn't make it right. An office is an office and as long as English is our official language, it should be used in that space. You can speak your language anywhere else.

Forget that inter tribal marriage -ish, it depends on how you both decide to raise your kids. There are pure Yoruba homes that the kids speak only English.

English as an office language should be the standard norms of any organisation. I have no issue with that bro. As for inter tribal marriage, i still stand by what I wrote that i don't encourage it anyway. Yes you are correct about families that got married to their own tribe but the children can't speak their native dialect be it yoruba or the same akwa-ibom.

It's all about what mostly the man wants and support from the wife. If I get married to my fellow ibibio lady that understands and speaks the language fluently, i see no reason why English language should be the mode of communication in my house. Even though my native dialect won't be used 24/7 but it will be majorly adopted.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by kennyblack94: 12:37am On Aug 17, 2018
blackaxe78:
Igbo language is too crude in the first place but he should have honoured the guests
Get a life.. you're bleeped!!!
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by naijajobx: 12:41am On Aug 17, 2018
hmm
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 17, 2018
AreaFada2:

To me what he said is enough.
If he said more, people will say he's envious of the commissioner. Or out on a vendetta.

What he said is enough for the commissioner to change his attitude and indeed all public officers.

On the other hand, Igbo people being some of the most ardent travelers, the said commissioner might be a diaspora Igbo who can barely speak Igbo.
You have a point Sir, a good point.
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by gregyboy(m): 12:49am On Aug 17, 2018
It a good move to me ....tell those men to go learn some English even Chinese has the largest language but still wants to speak english language in nigeria had only brought devision nothing more
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by Ndipe(m): 3:35am On Aug 17, 2018
Mention the name.
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by omoelerin1: 4:58am On Aug 17, 2018
Greatzeus:
An office is an official place and should be treated as such. English is the official language of Nigeria,so it's the acceptable means of communication.
Imagine walking into an office for an assignment and the secretary is speaking her own tribal language which you don't understand
You don't know what you're saying.

Nigerian Constitution says English and the 3 major Nigerian languages shall be the official languages. It says National Assembly may adopt any Nigerian language for communication during any of their sitting, if they agree to do so.

There is no offence in that, once all the parties involved understand one another.

Lagos House of Assembly set a day aside in a week in which Yoruba language is used during their session.
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by omoelerin1: 5:13am On Aug 17, 2018
proeast:
And you think it's a good thing for a lecturer to be teaching in Hausa when the official language is English? What happens to others like you who aren't Hausa? How would they cope or you would be forced to learn it even if you are not interested in doing so? I'm sorry to say this but this is partly the reason why people from such areas perform below par relative to others due to conflict of interest.
They perform below and they take over every aspect of government.
Make you na sidon there dey speak English.
yeye.
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by omoelerin1: 5:17am On Aug 17, 2018
blaise26abj:

God bless you. Our official language is English. No tribal sentiments. That commissioner deserves some accolades. Tribal bigots everywhere.
Another ignorant.
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by proeast(m): 7:10am On Aug 17, 2018
omoelerin1:
They perform below and they take over every aspect of government.
Make you na sidon there dey speak English.
yeye.
Nigeria has remained a sh!thole because of the likes of you. You can make mediocrity your hallmark and expect to compete with countries that encourage excellence. Yes, they take over every aspect of government and ruin everything in the process while you people like you support them yet still cry that Nigeria is now a useless place.
Iberiberism!
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by kuuljay(m): 8:31am On Aug 17, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

I am not in Enugu. Even in Lagos, Yoruba is the lingua franca in offices. Only in Eastern states can you hear few people speak Igbo in the office.( though not professional).
I was not talking about Lagos I was talking about Enugu, and when I mean 99% I mean virtually everybody speaks Igbo even in offices you can't dispute that bro,talk about where you know
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by omoelerin1: 11:41am On Aug 17, 2018
proeast:
Nigeria has remained a sh!thole because of the likes of you. You can make mediocrity your hallmark and expect to compete with countries that encourage excellence. Yes, they take over every aspect of government and ruin everything in the process while you people like you support them yet still cry that Nigeria is now a useless place.
Iberiberism!
Nonsense! Because you can't speak English doesn't mean you can perform very well in your duty. Can you tell us anyone in any govt ministry or agency that doesn't have the required qualification?
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by bossrillboss: 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2018
cescfrank:

Guess you haven't been to the north.
Was in Kano 2008 when i visited my Sis. She was then a student of Kano state college of education. I sat almost an hour in her class and understood nothing; cos the mallam teaching barely speaks english.
..linus mba...I hail oooo.

Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 25, 2018
musicwriter:

That's what white people convinced our ancestors to believe during colonialism!.

The right language an Igbo official should speak in Igbo land should be Igbo language. That's how it ought to be.

It's time to get out of the box.

I see you speaking your truth...
Beautiful cool
Mental slavery, a tight vise round our collective psyches, we need to use our God given intelligence (the ability to unlearn/ deleearn and relearn, I am glad people like you exist)
Cheers
Re: Yul Edochie: An Igbo Commissioner Who Forbids Igbo Language In His Office, Shame by musicwriter(m): 10:08am On Aug 26, 2018
merahki:

I see you speaking your truth...
Beautiful cool
Mental slavery, a tight vise round our collective psyches, we need to use our God given intelligence (the ability to unlearn/ deleearn and relearn, I am glad people like you exist)
Cheers

Good day my sister. We will free ourselves and rule the world eventually, but it will take time.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stunning Pictures Of Chioma Chukwuka Akpotha / Annie Idibia Shares Romantic Moments With Husband, 2face Amid Tonto Dikeh Shade / Lady Who Has A Crush On Olamide, Begs To Hangout With Him (Pic, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.