Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

I Am Not For Sale, Jega Tells Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not For Sale, Jega Tells Senate (631 Views)

Saraki: ‘you Have No Power To Summon Justice Umar’, SERAP Tells Senate / Rejection Of Gender Equality Bill: You Are Wrong, Itodo Tells Senate / SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not For Sale, Jega Tells Senate by ladi02(m): 10:42pm On Jun 23, 2010
The nominee chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Atahiru Jega, says he cannot be bought over by money if his appointment is confirmed by the senate.

Mr. Jega, the current vice chancellor of Bayero University, Kano, stood for over four hours on the floor of the senate, convincing the lawmakers that he is good enough for a job that would determine if the most of them would come back to the senate the same way they were elected in 2007.

While reacting to one of the over 170 questions that was thrown at him during the screening, he emphatically stated that he would not "faint" on seeing a N50 million bribe.

"As a VC, I have seen more than that," Mr. Jega said while reacting to a question asking if he will faint if presented with a N50 million bribe by a politician. "I am not for sale."

Read More: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5584688-146/i_am_not_for_sale_jega.csp
Re: I Am Not For Sale, Jega Tells Senate by desgiezd(m): 11:02pm On Jun 23, 2010
"As a VC, I have seen more than that," Mr. Jega said while reacting to a question asking if he will faint if presented with a N50 million bribe by a politician

These guys are already trying to see if Jega could be bought over just like Iwu sold himself to the politicians.
Re: I Am Not For Sale, Jega Tells Senate by ladi02(m): 11:57pm On Jun 23, 2010
They need to know how much to budget towards settling next election, crazy leaders
Re: I Am Not For Sale, Jega Tells Senate by chidichris(m): 9:52am On Jun 24, 2010
there is a saying; HE THAT PAYS THE PIPER DICTATES THE TONE.
since jonathan and pdp are paying this piper and obasanjo has told us that even Jesus Christ cannot conduct a good election before nigerians so let us wait and see how jega will prove all these wrong.
obasanjo is the chairman of pdp board of trustees and he believes in do or die affairs so we are watching.
in fact, no need to wait or watch, pdp on several occassions have proved how incapacitated and irressponsible they can be and they are still those same guys so the story line remains the same.
Re: I Am Not For Sale, Jega Tells Senate by jamace(m): 12:07pm On Jun 25, 2010
Prof, this assignment is your cross and Nigerians are waiting to give you the crown after a job well done. I wish you God's journey mercies.
Re: I Am Not For Sale, Jega Tells Senate by Godalone(m): 12:16pm On Jun 25, 2010
We shall know in the next election if Jega is truely for sale or not.
Re: I Am Not For Sale, Jega Tells Senate by Fhemmmy: 1:33pm On Jun 25, 2010
Please someone tell me, who and how would make a VC see 50M Naira bribe?
Re: I Am Not For Sale, Jega Tells Senate by yemmight(m): 2:17pm On Jun 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Please someone tell me, who and how would make a VC see 50M Naira bribe?

May not necessarily be bribe, it could be budget allocated to him. So he is in a best position to squander it.
Re: I Am Not For Sale, Jega Tells Senate by Fhemmmy: 2:21pm On Jun 25, 2010
yemmight:

May not necessarily be bribe, it could be budget allocated to him. So he is in a best position to squander it.

Thanks . . . . You are very right
Re: I Am Not For Sale, Jega Tells Senate by jikings(m): 2:39pm On Jun 25, 2010
Jega, Don't be too quick to say this, Nigerians will find out for themselves after the elections in 2011. Many have come and deceived us in the past with similar rhetoric and we are still waiting on their promises. You have a good reputation now, do your best to keep it clean but remember you are only human, I wish you the best!!!

(1) (Reply)

Healthcare And National Development / The Fashola Revolution / Bayelsa Attains 17 Hours Steady Power Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.