Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,007 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) (21188 Views)

The Nation:only Tinubu Can Protect Igbo Interests In 2023 / South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes / Fani-Kayode: I Am A Lion That Cannot Be Caged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by bennynaza(m): 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2018
BabaIbo:

I know you're from Anambra...
I don't know the reason why you mentioned Imo on a thread about Abia, Mr man or woman, go and get a soap and wash away the hate in your heart because it won't help you

I am from Mbaitoli in IMO state. And if you are truly grounded in the affairs of the state, you will understand why I mentioned Imo.
The current Chieftancy saga in Mbaise, if you know what its about, should be ur case study.

Or did u not hear of the time a mere governor of Imo threatened to unseat "traditional rulers"
if they dont collect taxes for him

My ward alone has 5 autonomous communities and "eze's". The whole of onitsha has just one, who is subsequently recognized globally and nationally and you tell me that we Imo and our Abia brothers dont make mockery of our traditional system.
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by Fatherofdragons: 9:21pm On Aug 16, 2018
Butterflyleo:

E pain you die grin

[img]https://media1./images/51a09e1352ecbf8bb565fb10fae7f775/tenor.gif?itemid=10841012[/img]

Oga learn, that is not the translation

what that title means is lion that protects his territory or area.

don't be a dunce.

Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by Centcanada: 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2018
How e take concern me?

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by AreaFada2: 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2018
Wow! Some communities are very generous with titles o. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
diebuhari1:
Thanks my Yoruba Muslim brother.

I am none of the above

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by PreciousBro: 10:24pm On Aug 16, 2018
Nonsense!!

The way chieftaincy title is being recklessly conferred in Igbo land to inconsequential poisonous creatures with no good interests for the entire masses of Igbo extraction but solely to the very useless few political thieves posed as leaders speaks little of the customary values they hold in preserving the igboness for the children of the next generation.

Maybe we'll start stonning every useless so called elder.
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by resurgent2019: 10:31pm On Aug 16, 2018
CSTR1005:

You don't have traditional titles where you come from?
Are you from an uncivilised village?

Even the British monarchy has titles.

Igbos have been disgraced by the conferment of the title on a hausa man. Just don’t try to fight it.
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by Rochasstatue(f): 10:35pm On Aug 16, 2018
niceprof:
Wrong translation of title,not the "the lion that protects igbo people" but 'the lion that protects his territory'.This is for the records before it turns into a tribal e-war. But why is the Governor looking "somehow'' in that attire ?

You are being mischievous in your translation or maybe you can't read properly.

What is Agu n'eche mba of ndi Igbo?

Why was 'of ndi Igbo' added?

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by mechanics(m): 10:47pm On Aug 16, 2018
Wow, he looked different o.
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by stanluiz(m): 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2018
Enugu,abia and ebonyi state governors are not doing the right thing

First , it was umahi that gave buhari title enyioha 1 on ebonyi last year. Ugwuanyi gave adesina chieftaincy title this year plus the idiot called ikpeazu that gave that useless bastard of kano "agu na eche MBA" just for political reason.

These so called Igbo elders and some governors should respect our culture and stop playing useless shitholean Nigeria politics with it.
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by stanluiz(m): 11:01pm On Aug 16, 2018
Rochasstatue:

You are being mischievous in your translation or maybe you can't read properly.
What is Agu n'eche mba of ndi Igbo?
Why was 'of ndi Igbo' added?
The thing tire me
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:40pm On Aug 16, 2018
buhariguy:

After all the threat of those jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra terrorist.

Igbo kwenu.
APC is coming,
To take over the south east

Only mouth no action.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by BabaRamota1980: 12:11am On Aug 17, 2018
I like how Ibo people give chieftaincy title, very generous. They knight you over entire Igboland, unlike stingy Yoruba and Hausa that just make you lord of a ward or just one out of about twenty towns and in just one state out of many.

When im ready for my chieftaincy I want to be given one in Igboland. They are my people.
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by BabaRamota1980: 12:14am On Aug 17, 2018
bennynaza:

I am from Mbaitoli in IMO state. And if you are truly grounded in the affairs of the state, you will understand why I mentioned Imo.
The current Chieftancy saga in Mbaise, if you know what its about, should be ur case study.

Or did u not hear of the time a mere governor of Imo threatened to unseat "traditional rulers"

My ward alone has 5 autonomous communities and "eze's". The whole of onitsha has just one, who is subsequently recognized globally and nationally and you tell me that we Imo and our Abia brothers dont make mockery of our traditional system.

Yanminri and autonomous communities...

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by donqx: 12:55am On Aug 17, 2018
ohh
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by Volcano12(f): 1:30am On Aug 17, 2018
buhariguy:
After all the threat of those jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra terrorist.

Igbo kwenu.
APC is coming,
To take over the south east
Free ur mind from hate,and the world will be a better place for us all,mr. man.
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by KDmafia: 1:42am On Aug 17, 2018
diebuhari1:
We have useless leaders in Igbo land
no you have useless followers who are children of hate and envy undecided
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by dikeigbo2(m): 2:45am On Aug 17, 2018
The name of the traditional ruler says it all....DICK.....About 75% of problems,poverty,imprisonments, and sicknesses are caused by this DICK.

Ride on DICK

Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by Adebowale89(m): 4:48am On Aug 17, 2018
so he later listen to their plea? plain silly for the massob and ipob to make a threat in a paper and ganduje later came with entourage to receive the title cheesy

no cultural settings, no stability. this culture of a thing used to be a political things that was rampant during obj second term and is mostly giving to the same party member of another state. ikpeazu begging a non of his party member to received title is just one foolishness that happen lately in east.

but what did I know these are people that don't stand firm to their course. they'll be quick to call others sell out when their leaders are nothing but a sell out. tell me why we won't respect our elders when they listen to us and never work against our interest
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by omoelerin1: 5:45am On Aug 17, 2018
niceprof:
Wrong translation of title,not the "the lion that protects igbo people" but 'the lion that protects his territory'.This is for the records before it turns into a tribal e-war. But why is the Governor looking "somehow'' in that attire ?
It seems he isn't comfortable and happy at all. He only come in order not to offend his Abia state counterpart who entreated him in the first place to take the said title.

He sees all what they are doing as an act of kaferi. (paganism).
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by asamaigho(m): 6:22am On Aug 17, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Eze dick has finally lost it.......Aguna Eche'mba 1 of Ndigbo.......onye ka Ganduje na-eche...

What is wrong with all these stupid traditional rulers...look at the way they are bastardizing igbo title....

That's why I love omanbala....they scrutinise and weigh options before conferring.......

Giving an Igbo title to a killer...

Abia state and Eze Dick.....i hail thee.

chai igbo titles be like pure water....it can be given to anyone even when u dont need it,they force it on u.
courtesy of their businesslike traditional rulers.

IGBOS ARE THEIR WORST ENEMIES.
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by 1972xy: 6:26am On Aug 17, 2018
A gateway for the Dan Fulanis to penetrate the " phillistines"���
Just be expecting cow in Aba by next week.....sai Baba is working.���
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by BabaIbo: 6:38am On Aug 17, 2018
bennynaza:

Mere governor? Even though I dont support that threat issue but you're wrong with that, in a state a governor is the most powerful according to Nigeria's type of government, it's everywhere, in Nigeria's type of government, the kings are on the payroll of the government, so such thing is bound to happen (power tussle), if you check well it has happened in every state at a point in time. Let me help with a similar case, go and read about Oyo state government and Olubadan saga.

Moreover that is a different case entirely from this one or are they the same?
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by bennynaza(m): 7:43am On Aug 17, 2018
BabaIbo:

Mere governor? Even though I dont support that threat issue but you're wrong with that, in a state a governor is the most powerful according to Nigeria's type of government, it's everywhere, in Nigeria's type of government, the kings are on the payroll of the government, so such thing is bound to happen (power tussle), if you check well it has happened in every state at a point in time. Let me help with a similar case, go and read about Oyo state government and Olubadan saga.

Moreover that is a different case entirely from this one or are they the same?

That is not the way it should be. Tradition has been existing long before secular govt was introduced. Govt authority must be separate from Traditional authority. Even the white men that brought secular govt to us still respect their thrones.
The Prime Minister of Britain still bows and kisses the ring of the Queen of England.
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by akdjr(m): 8:22am On Aug 17, 2018
He is used to Abgada quote author=niceprof post=70341529]Wrong translation of title,not the "the lion that protects igbo people" but 'the lion that protects his territory'.This is for the records before it turns into a tribal e-war. But why is the Governor looking "somehow'' in that attire ?[/quote]
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by mpianya39(m): 9:23am On Aug 17, 2018
Funny people grin grin grin how many people de occasion na...are you sure that man is a king in Igboland?? Where is his hand fan
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by fellownigerianz(m): 9:54am On Aug 17, 2018
It's a pity when elders behave like kids, such a sacrilegious and indiscriminate title. Eze DICK and IKpeazu , both monumental failures. Please disregard!
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by BabaIbo: 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
bennynaza:

That is not the way it should be. Tradition has been existing long before secular govt was introduced. Govt authority must be separate from Traditional authority. Even the white men that brought secular govt to us still respect their thrones.
The Prime Minister of Britain still bows and kisses the ring of the Queen of England.

That's not the case here in Nigeria.
what about U.S.A system?
This is Nigeria not UK, here the governor is the one who gives the king his staff of office and that alone places the governor above the king
Re: Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) by bennynaza(m): 9:08pm On Aug 17, 2018
BabaIbo:

That's not the case here in Nigeria.
what about U.S.A system?
This is Nigeria not UK, here the governor is the one who gives the king his staff of office and that alone places the governor above the king

why mention usa. Does the US have monarchs?
In Nigeria, is it the governor that crowns the Obi of Onitsha? Is it the governor that crowns the Ooni of Ife, the Olubadan of Ibadan, the Emir of Kano, the sultan of sokoto etc?
The traditional system has been in place long before Nigeria became a country, let alone start having governors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Soludo Condemns Killing Of Fatima & Her 4 Children, Assures Justice / Jonathan Meets Edith Nawakwi, Zambian Female Presidential Candidate / Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.