Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) (31557 Views)

Living As A Disabled Person In Nigeria Is Hard, Scary – Debola Daniel / Owerri Mentally Disabled analyst Rehabilitated, See His New Look With Mother / This Ambulance Drone Is Designed To Save Your Life During Emergencies. (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by trapQ: 6:42am On Aug 17, 2018
Great
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Caseless: 6:42am On Aug 17, 2018
cool
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by sirusX(m): 6:43am On Aug 17, 2018
Reminds me of the movie...

Matt Damon - Elysium
Tom Cruise - Edge of Tomorrow

On a serious note though...

The exoskeleton suitX is developed by a group of university students and developed for adults and children with neurological disorders that affect their gait, such as spinal cord injuries, stroke, traumatic brain injuries, and cerebral palsy. The SuitX is made up of three different components named after the parts of your body they’re protecting: the BackX; the LegX to make it easier to hold a crouched position; and the ShoulderX to reduce strain when working above your head. With the LegX, you can squat for hours without feeling any strain in your legs or knees. It’s like having your own personal chair that goes with you everywhere.

A change is needed in our education system...we should be pioneers and not just receipients of hand-me-downs...that's why we have research in schools

If we have the basic knowledge of how things work, we can always fabricate and integrate technology in areas where there is a need for advanced tech

1 Like

Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by millhouse: 6:44am On Aug 17, 2018
prela:

As in you just said my mind.... Awon Oponu
I swear down
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by luizkyworld(m): 6:44am On Aug 17, 2018
Good thinking, good product. Result of consistently putting brains to work innovatively, rather than putting brains to argue about politics, religion & tribalism.

1 Like

Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 17, 2018
Ok
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Dwhyte(m): 6:46am On Aug 17, 2018
Smh... Aba pipo making a duplicate of it now

Pliagarism wee nt kee Nigerians
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by pyx: 6:47am On Aug 17, 2018
Ire2:
This people keep moving forward evryday while our president from daura is busy arresting political opponents. Smh
It is easy to criticize, what is your personal contribution to move your country forward? You and your president are same.
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by TroubleMaker47(m): 6:47am On Aug 17, 2018
But the crippled man still required a walker! undecided
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by gcof(m): 6:49am On Aug 17, 2018
KardinalZik:
If the designer was a Nigerian, this wouldn't have seen the light of the day. AND

If the inventor was a Nigerian, they would've either oppressed or suppressed him to a retreat.

exactly
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by hanotob: 6:50am On Aug 17, 2018
Welcome development from university students over there
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by adeoba2008(m): 6:50am On Aug 17, 2018
Ayefele came to my mind. He should get this ASAP.
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 17, 2018
pyx:

It is easy to criticize, what is your personal contribution to move your country forward? You and your president are same.

What is your own contribution to the country undecided
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by ramalot(m): 6:54am On Aug 17, 2018
smiley

1 Like

Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by AngelicBeing: 6:54am On Aug 17, 2018
post=70349631:
Technology is bae!

Beautiful and impressive!

This invention is up there with the previous great ones.

Thank God for science.

There is HOPE at last for the disabled.
tongue
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Emycord: 6:57am On Aug 17, 2018
Sharpshooota:
The rest of the world is moving at a fast pace...

While zombies are still chanting sai barber
A certificateless old cattle rearer whose greatest achievement in office is to gallivant round the world and take pictures
see how everyone is praising the work but if its from africa or igbo you will see them condemn it. just like the other thread where an igbo man made a tricycle that uses electricity. yet they claim to love igbo's and tomorrow if i lift the biafra flag they will send pythons on me. meanwiile they are dragging this country backward
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Nlearn: 6:57am On Aug 17, 2018
Technology at it best..nice one

Hello house
Contact us for all your website need. Design. Hosting. Promotion and SEO services

See picture below

Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 17, 2018
This is awesome. Developed by students of a university.

Nigeria will become great one day
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by RALPHOW(m): 7:00am On Aug 17, 2018
Great, How will this world look like without technology.
Thank God for this wisdom.
Ayefele your opportunity is here!
Am Ayefele fan and I will be happy to see him dancing again.
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by vaxx: 7:02am On Aug 17, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

This exoskeleton called SuitX is designed to make you 10 times stronger and make you feel like iron man. These exoskeletons are designed to enhance your strength and help prevent injuries when performing repetitive tasks and can make you carry heavy objects which you normally cannot be able to carry. Apart from that, this suitX will be able to make people who are permanently confine to wheel chairs as a result of spinal cord injuries to be able to work again.

The exoskeleton suitX is developed by a group of university students and developed for adults and children with neurological disorders that affect their gait, such as spinal cord injuries, stroke, traumatic brain injuries, and cerebral palsy. The SuitX is made up of three different components named after the parts of your body they’re protecting: the BackX; the LegX to make it easier to hold a crouched position; and the ShoulderX to reduce strain when working above your head. With the LegX, you can squat for hours without feeling any strain in your legs or knees. It’s like having your own personal chair that goes with you everywhere.

According to a lady who wore the exoskeleton, she said “I feel superhuman. I just lifted a 50 pound box like it weighed almost nothing — no gym time required. I’m wearing an exoskeleton by SuitX that’s supporting my back, using a clever system of springs and clutches to give me a boost”. The suitX can replace the wheel chair in the nearest future if the developers succeed in making it accessible for everyone while making it cheaper and affordable.

WATCH VIDEO HERE

SOURCE:http://techcapon.com/this-exoskeleton-is-designer-to-make-you-10-times-stronger/

Just like seismic underwear. I believe both we be cheaper in the nearest future. When mobile phone was first developed , it can only be accessed by rich individual but now, almost everyone can afford it.

However. I think we should be careful with this kind of technology, creating technologies that will only create deeper gulfs in an already divided society where only some people will be able to afford to become enhanced while many other lose out is dangerous for now.

History is littered with the evil consequences of one group of humans believing they are superior to another group of humans,”“Unfortunately in the case of enhanced humans they will be genuinely superior. We need to think. People who can afford this object will be more superior. And it will be geniue.

There is this computerized eye glass too that can make blind people see. Yet to be fully roll out. I was surprised when watching the documentary......
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by hisgrace090: 7:03am On Aug 17, 2018
Thank God for the white.
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by bewla(m): 7:04am On Aug 17, 2018
post=70349631:
Technology is bae!
Beautiful and impressive!
This invention is up there with the previous great ones.
Thank God for science.
There is HOPE at last for the disabled.
Yinka Ayefele on my mind
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by TechCapon(m): 7:07am On Aug 17, 2018
vaxx:
Just like seismic. I believe both we be cheaper in the nearest future. When mobile phone was first developed , it can only be accessed by rich individual but now, almost everyone can afford it.

However. I think we should be careful with this kind of technology, creating technologies that will only create deeper gulfs in an already divided society where only some people will be able to afford to become enhanced while many other lose out is dangerous for now.

History is littered with the evil consequences of one group of humans believing they are superior to another group of humans,”“Unfortunately in the case of enhanced humans they will be genuinely superior. We need to think. People who can afford this object will be more superior. And it will be geniue.

There is this computerized eye glass too that can make blind people see. Yet to be fully roll out. I was surprised when watching the documentary......
exactly. It will soon be accessible to everyone. I saw that computerized glass somewhere on YouTube.
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Emycord: 7:09am On Aug 17, 2018
Dwhyte:
Smh... Aba pipo making a duplicate of it now

Pliagarism wee nt kee Nigerians
why are you guys like this if nigerians make a duplicate of it whats the crime ? don't you use a durliaation machine? for most of your documents ? are many countries not merely doing duplicates of tech? of cars, planes, houses, ships , fridges, gas cookers, phones and all household items? humans are even making duplicates of human life. or is it only bad once its igbo? most countries thrive on duplicates but do it to thier own taste. by improving on it. take phone for example. how many brands do you know of now. yes they all started from duplicates so take your igbophobia to your family
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by proffemi: 7:09am On Aug 17, 2018
Emycord:
see how everyone is praising the work but if its from africa or igbo you will see them condemn it. just like the other thread where an igbo man made a tricycle that uses electricity. yet they claim to love igbo's and tomorrow if i lift the biafra flag they will send pythons on me. meanwiile they are dragging this country backward

Calm down nao. How is it even possible to make this about tribe?
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by xtervaganza(m): 7:13am On Aug 17, 2018
This is what critical thinking gets you.

Science will forever beat religion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Eronsammy(m): 7:15am On Aug 17, 2018
I am sure getting one for my daddy when I have the money.. Nothing beats seeing my old man walk again without assistance....Thank God for technology
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Emycord: 7:22am On Aug 17, 2018
proffemi:

Calm down nao. How is it even possible to make this about tribe?
check out what comments people made on that thread where an igbo man made a tricycle that runs on electricity and see all the hate in thier speech. now this is coming from a supposed "fellow nigerian" but see how his compatriots pour venom on that thread. and if tomorrow he says i quit and lifts up a biafra flag you will send pythons after him. AND did you not even see africa in my post or you just skipped it?
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by sako28: 7:25am On Aug 17, 2018
Any Religion without science is blind
Science without religion is lame.

quote author=xtervaganza post=70350475]This is what critical thinking gets you.

Science will forever beat religion[/quote]
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Adefemiaderoju1: 7:29am On Aug 17, 2018
Wao technology has taking over the world by storm the likes of yinka ayefele should get this as soon possible
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Strongbest(m): 7:34am On Aug 17, 2018
The world evolving and I am so loving it. cheesy

No impossibility anywhere, even the world itself says "I am possible."

https://www.nairaland.com/1798724/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? / Cure For Herpes Simplex (hsv 1 And Hsv 2) / COVID-19: Dangote Donates Lab Capable Of 400 Tests A Day To Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.