Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. (8699 Views)

MTN 4G Network Is Bad. / Which Data Plan Is Best For A Heavy Internet User Like Me? / Asus Rog 2 Is The Most Spec-heavy Gaming Phone In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by TechCapon(m): 6:25am On Aug 17, 2018
TechCapon

I know this question must have popped up many times in your mind, which is why I want to address this issue.
There are lots and lots of interesting games out there such as Need for speed, Injustice, God of war, Warcraft, Assassins creed, etc. The games are just too many and most of the interesting ones are very heavy (up to 1.5GB or more) and very graphic intensive. These games are very addictive and you may be tempted to play it for hours without knowing the effect it has on your precious smartphones.. These are some of the reasons why too much gaming is not really good for your smartphone.

1. Overheating and stress

Overheating is the NUMBER ONE ENEMY of every smartphone. When you start playing a heavy game on your smartphone it causes the phone to become very hot especially when the game is played for up to 30 mins. This is exclusive to all smartphone not just Infinix products. Heating of the phone is due to the intensive work being done by the processor. Overheating is the phone especially the battery. I also want to advice that charging the phone while playing games with it is also not good.

2. Battery

Lithium based batteries, which most batteries are built upon, reduces life span whenever it gets hot. Just because you phone is loaded with large 4000mAh or 5000mAH doesn’t mean it is built for playing heavy games. The battery size is mainly to carry you for longer hours without needing to charge again. Heavy gaming drains battery fast making you to charge your phone over and over again. This can fry your battery and reduce the lifespan of the battery. Nowadays most phones come with non-removable batteries so how do you intend to change it when it becomes dead ?

My advice

I’m not saying do not play games with your phones, I even play with my phone but don’t play for hours non-stop until the phone becomes very hot and starts lagging, CAPITAL NO. It’s not good at all. Another thing is don’t charge your phone while playing games at the same time, allow the phone to be fully charged before playing your games and allow the battery to go down before charging. Also do not charge overnight. It saves your phone in many ways .

SOURCE:http://techcapon.com/this-is-why-heavy-gaming-is-bad-for-your-smartphone/

10 Likes

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by eezeribe(m): 6:27am On Aug 17, 2018
Please tell them ooh...
Some of them even run plsystation emulator games(PSP iso ) on their phones with heavier graphics than android games and data as large 3GB...

5 Likes

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by Holywizard: 6:31am On Aug 17, 2018
Thanks.
I don't even like playing games on my phone.
My PSP and PS3 are there for me

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by hyuga(m): 6:50am On Aug 17, 2018
Heavy games are built for flagships so if you have a flagship device, game as you like

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by davibid: 7:07am On Aug 17, 2018
Can't remember the last time I played games on my iPhone

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by lathrowinger: 7:07am On Aug 17, 2018
Some turn phone number to their boy friend. What a country
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by yjgm(m): 7:08am On Aug 17, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by Cryomancer: 7:10am On Aug 17, 2018
angry

If the phones weren't made for gaming too, it wouldn't have been developed in the first place.

Anyway the verdict here is that all what the OP wrote up there applies to non flagship phone. Wanna be a real mobile gamer and not have any problem with that, then get yourself a flagship phone.

10 Likes

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by Jeromejnr(m): 7:10am On Aug 17, 2018
Just order the Note 9.
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by goddy19: 7:11am On Aug 17, 2018
One reason i deleted games

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by nony43(m): 7:11am On Aug 17, 2018
B
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by Sunkyphil(m): 7:11am On Aug 17, 2018
am not a fan of games,infact i removed every games that came with my phone
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by Aldebaran(m): 7:12am On Aug 17, 2018
Battery life will be reduced
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by Richdad50(m): 7:14am On Aug 17, 2018
Holywizard:
Thanks.
PS3.....Are you ok...

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by OneKinGuy(m): 7:15am On Aug 17, 2018
Story for the gods, gaming all the way. when the phone spoil we go buy another one. We no dy anybody, nobody dy rush us, na money we dy rush.

24 Likes

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by HotMario: 7:18am On Aug 17, 2018
Play games on your phone if you want.

Enjoy your money

If your phone spoils, buy another one.

11 Likes

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by Krissjones: 7:20am On Aug 17, 2018
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by Krissjones: 7:20am On Aug 17, 2018
Holywizard:
Thanks.
Same here.
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by udemzyudex(m): 7:21am On Aug 17, 2018
Disappointed, I was hoping to read something intriguing and now this?

I mean whether you play heavy game or not, your battery will surely go down over time.

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by Lomprico2: 7:22am On Aug 17, 2018
Stress kee!

The phone complain gi you? See me see wahala o!

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by Girah35(m): 7:24am On Aug 17, 2018
Holywizard:
Thanks.
Bro how far... Where do you stay?.. I have ps3 also and wanna do a swap for some games
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by ElectroLyte: 7:26am On Aug 17, 2018
Hot
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by crixlight2(m): 7:26am On Aug 17, 2018
Richdad50:

PS3.....Are you ok....are you MAD!!!!
What happen to Ps3
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by ElectroLyte: 7:28am On Aug 17, 2018
OneKinGuy:
Story for the gods, gaming all the way. We the phone spoil we go buy another one. We no dy anybody, nobody dy rush us, na money we dy rush.

Badt guy
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by kvngjesse(m): 7:35am On Aug 17, 2018
Do whatever you want with your phone, dont know why it bothers most people!
Jeez, people are so fking dumb

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by Exponental(m): 7:35am On Aug 17, 2018
Well..the phone seems to be a P.A now. It does what every other devices/accessories do. Time, calculator, dictionary, Bible/Quran, mirror, map etc. It keeps your company when you are bored and out of data or chose to be offline. Heavy or not heavy, many cannot do without games on their phones. Though it helps to waste time.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by amansi(m): 7:36am On Aug 17, 2018
Heavy gaming suck the battery and not only that it weakens it too. But if you love gaming online it is not a bad idea. I will suggest you do that with the new cheap Data Plan here:

Airtel data plan: https://passmaga.com/airtel-data-plan/

Glo Data Plan: https://passmaga.com/glo-data-plan/

9mobile Data Plan: https://passmaga.com/9mobile-data-plans/

MTN Data Plan: https://passmaga.com/mtn-data-plans/

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by kvngjesse(m): 7:37am On Aug 17, 2018
OneKinGuy:
Story for the gods, gaming all the way. We the phone spoil we go buy another one. We no dy anybody, nobody dy rush us, na money we dy rush.
What phone is this bro?
Its xiaomi fr sure ik

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by lawalosky(m): 7:39am On Aug 17, 2018
Nowadays most phones come with non-removable batteries so how do you intend to change it when it becomes dead?
there batteries are removable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Redmi Note 9 pro max And Note 9 Pro Officially Launched In India. / MTN Xtracash: How To Borrow Real Money From MTN / Infinix Hot 40 Pro Competes With Iphone 15 Pro Max (don’t Waste Money)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.