Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? (1283 Views)

Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... / Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by samyyoung1(m): 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2007
Pastors are everywhere, but truly, they have one grudge or the other against each other, can they ever come together to sit on a round table and discuss the way forward for Nigeria? Please guys, No off-topic comments.
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by gracious(f): 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2007
believe me I am always thinking about this. fight , fight fight. mini churches here and there. rich churches find it difficult to help poor ones, struggle for membership. the aim of christainity is to live the life of Jesus here on earth and to make Heaven. Salvation of souls. The devil uses the tensions to distract us from our focus. No wonder Jesus prayed in John "that they may be one , as we are one". we shall keep praying that prayer . "Let your kingdom come".
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by mazaje(m): 4:13pm On Mar 30, 2007
The pastors are just there for their personal benefits, so for that reason they have to fight for the people. they need to blackmail and call other pastors names so that more people will come to them and give them money in the name of offering unto God. people will never understand and will keep going to them and wasting their time.
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by Nella(f): 6:12pm On Mar 31, 2007
mazaje:

The pastors are just there for their personal benefits so they have to fight for the people. they need to blackmail and call others names so that more people will come and give them their offering money. people will never understand and will keep going to them and wasting their time.

I was going 2 say that! sad wink wink wink wink
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by Chookym(m): 1:12pm On Apr 22, 2008
Pastors are human beings like us with their shortcomings too. Lets not judge them. God will judge his own church. but really its when u dont have something to preah that u preach about others. Every mans work will be tried. lets just keep watching as things on fold in life.

Ironically ,some of those division helps to spread the gospel , like Paul and Barnabas in the bible
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 22, 2008
samy-young:

Pastors are everywhere, but truly, they have one grudge or the other against each other, can they ever come together to sit on a round table and discuss the way forward for Nigeria? Please guys, No off-topic comments.
Big question => who will be in charge of the tithes?
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by AKO1(m): 3:18pm On Apr 22, 2008
samy-young:

Are PFN, CAN and co not doing this already? I dont know, not that I'm being sarcastic. Besides, it is humanly impossible for all pastors/priests to come together and discuss at the same time. Moreover, 'talk' is not the way forward, action is. We've had and heard excess talk already.
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by Seabe(m): 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2008
Hie fellows, i believe that frequent meeting of ministers or leaders is a cool idea. Because that can promote many things which are really good in the church and it can strengthen believers,like world wide. I don't know as to whether such meetings are ever conducted or what,but i think that they could be great, a sign that we are "one". Be blessed.
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by lucabrasi(m): 7:24am On Apr 23, 2008
its something im always wondering about as well,considering the amount of power they will wield,imagine in uk only.if all the minority led pentecostal churches were united how many millions they will be a spokesperson for,when the kicc man was having problems with the charity commission,some fellow pentecostal church pastors went behind his back and asked the commission to sell the church's properties to them when they ban him,and they r men of GOD,same thing in nigeria,pastors will criticise that synagogue man rather than encourage him even though the man is doing more than any nigerian at present to launder our image abroad i think an elder statesman in nigeria could bring them all together
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by donnie(m): 10:10am On Apr 23, 2008
Let me tell you something guys,

The state of the nation is a direct reflction of the state of the church.

As long as satan can keep them envying, blackmailing and insulting one another the growth of the church will be slowed down and the Lord's return delayed.

One thing i see is that some of them do not understand how God looks at the church, many dont even understand who the believer is. and that is the reason they misunderstand those who walk in a way they have not seen before.

What they do not understand, they call names and what they understand, they destroy.

Until they begin to see God in others, they cannot walk in love and until they start walking in love, there'll be no moving forward because they are walking in darkness. . . no results because faith worketh by love.

Because they have this deep rooted envy in them, they begin to be unnecessarily judgemental. They look for faults in little things whereas the main issue is envy.

If you see something with someone else you like, you have the option of either going up to him to be taught how or you simply like him inwardly and hate him outwardly. unfortunately many of them choose the second option. And the result is they never get what they saw.

That is why in Nigeria, it appears there is great grace upon certain men of God that others never seem to walk in. He that honours a prophet recieves a prophet's reward. God told Abraham that he who blesses him is blessed and he who curses him is cursed. So if you see a blessed man and try to curse him or hurt him, you know what you get.

But if you love him all the same, you will get to share in his grace and learn what he knows because the Spirit unveils them to you.
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by samyyoung1(m): 12:34pm On Apr 30, 2008
still thinking

remembering Femi Kuti's song

Wonder, wonder wonder wonder

will Pastor ever unite o
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by elizabetta(f): 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2008
I personally think that pastors nationwide cant unite because some are not pastors and some don't follow what the bibles teaches.some even follow their own doctrine,and the good ones don't want to mix with the bad ones.
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by shawn123: 11:39am On May 14, 2008
sorry man, they cant cos they do not all share same beliefs,
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by lucabrasi(m): 12:33pm On May 14, 2008
even if they dont share the same beliefs at least the undamental thing is that they r all christians and the backbone of all christian laws is to love one another as yourself,which in my opinion should erase any other ill feelings, if politicians who are the opposites can come together then why cant men of GOD unite
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by bimpe001(f): 7:28pm On May 14, 2008
Pastors all over the world cannever unite,maybe till Christ comes.Not when one church sees itslf as better than others,not when churches have diverse views,believes and doctrines.Too much interpretation of the Bible and standards of churches cannever bring the pastors to come together.
Where do you want to start from on the differences of church,abegi,as long as the word is preached and people are getting saved and the work of the Lord is going on, everyman should just be careful to workout their own salvation with fear and trembling.
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by Lady2(f): 7:35pm On May 14, 2008
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

All Catholics know why I am laughing this loud
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by AKO1(m): 8:51pm On May 14, 2008
lucabrasi:

even if they don't share the same beliefs at least the undamental thing is that they r all christians and the backbone of all christian laws is to[b] love [/b] one another as yourself,which in my opinion should erase any other[b] ill feelings[/b], if politicians who are the opposites can come together then why can't men of GOD unite

Seconded. The person that started this thread did not polarise denominations. I cant imagine why the person that posted before me is deciding to do so, its an unecessary digression dear,
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by Lady2(f): 9:04pm On May 14, 2008
Seconded. The person that started this thread did not polarise denominations. I can't imagine why the person that posted before me is deciding to do so, its an unecessary digression dear,

You clearly have no idea why I'm laughing. I didn't say anything about denomination, just because I decided to be clear on who I was talking to.
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by AKO1(m): 9:11pm On May 14, 2008
We all know that is not an honest reply grin grin

Anyhow youre forgiven wink, its allowed. If I was in your shoes, I would do the same thing,
p.s. u didnt say anything about denomination, but you adressed a particular denomination!! No hard feelings dear,  this post is also a digression BTW
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by Lady2(f): 9:25pm On May 14, 2008
Dude this is what I am talking about

I personally think that pastors nationwide can't unite because some are not pastors and some don't follow what the bibles teaches.some even follow their own doctrine,and the good ones don't want to mix with the bad ones.

sorry man, they can't because they do not all share same beliefs,

Pastors all over the world cannever unite,maybe till Christ comes.Not when one church sees itslf as better than others,not when churches have diverse views,believes and doctrines.Too much interpretation of the Bible and standards of churches cannever bring the pastors to come together

I am laughing because of the differing doctrines within these churches. Yes the Catholic Church is united, but our doctrines are ridiculed even though they have tested the hand of time and is still being revealed through the Holy Spirit.
I am laughing because you all ridicule the Catholic Church and are still trying to figure out why we remain with the Church, yet these are your responses to your churches.

If you feel you know me so well, why don't you tell me what I am truly talking about.
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by AKO1(m): 9:34pm On May 14, 2008
Babe this is what I am talaking about

I am laughing because of the differing doctrines within these churches.

I knew that is why you were laughing, see? wink

I am laughing because you all ridicule the Catholic Church and are still trying to figure out why we remain with the Church, yet these are your responses to your churches.

Please do not generalise. This is my only post pertaining to the subject of this thread:
"
Are PFN, CAN and co not doing this already? I don't know, not that I'm being sarcastic. Besides, it is humanly impossible for all pastors/priests to come together and discuss at the same time. Moreover, 'talk' is not the way forward, action is. We've had and heard excess talk already."

There is nothing strange and ridiculous about this. Notice that I even looked at the church as a whole (pastors/priests ). So it's 'they', not 'you' that are giving allkinds of 'responses' to your churches, understand?
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by Lady2(f): 9:51pm On May 14, 2008
There is nothing strange and ridiculous about this. Notice that I even looked at the church as a whole (pastors/priests ). So it's 'they', not 'you' that are giving allkinds of 'responses' to your churches, understand?

Yeah I saw what you wrote, I have to commend you for that. But I wasn't laughing because of what you wrote and not because of denomination. If we all agreed on the interpretation of the Bible and had the same doctrines and still had denominations, then I won't be laughing.

From what you posted below me, the first time, I thought you meant something else, as if I was trying to start strife or something along that line.

If you have the same belief and doctrine then you are welcome as a Catholic, if you know what I mean.
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by AKO1(m): 10:03pm On May 14, 2008
From what you posted below me, the first time, I thought you meant something else, as if I was trying to start strife or something along that line.

Uhmmm, thats actually the impression I got, I aplogise so now its all good init? smiley

If you have the same belief and doctrine then you are welcome as a Catholic, if you know what I mean.
We are all christians, thats the most important thing. If I never see you on earth, I'd love to meet you in heaven. By then we would all know 'whats hot and whats not'. But for now, remember Jesus said that it is by our love for each other that others will know that we are His disciples.
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by Lady2(f): 10:07pm On May 14, 2008
Uhmmm, thats actually the impression I got, I aplogise so now its all good init?

Apology accepted. Keep in mind ~Lady~ doesn't go looking for trouble. I have many important things to do with my life. I do enjoy being asked about my beliefs it gives me a chance to proclaim it. I just can't stand it when people who know nothing, think they know it all and then condemn others as if they're God, so much for being a Christian.

I've had many chances but don't. When trouble finds her, she takes broom and pursues it. grin

We are all christians, thats the most important thing. If I never see you on earth, I'd love to meet you in heaven. By then we would all know 'whats hot and whats not'. But for now, remember Jesus said that it is by our love for each other that others will know that we are His disciples

Truth.
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by freelance(m): 6:38pm On May 16, 2008
Everything is possible wink
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by samyyoung1(m): 8:31am On May 31, 2008
good
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 31, 2008
@topic
that will be the day.

Let's face reality, the answer is neva. Too many are motivated solely by selfish gain.
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by seyenko(m): 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2009
they will not - they all set up the churches for their selfish interest
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by alimat2(f): 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2009
~Lady~:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

All Catholics know why I am laughing this loud

Is catholic not xtians or is it another religion? cos i dnt know why u laffing.

Lets be candid here lady!
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by lucabrasi(m): 5:43am On May 25, 2011
thinking back to this thread i guess not
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by otitokoro1: 1:06pm On May 26, 2011
Honestly this question call for a concern. I think the problem is traceable to the history of churches even dated back to the time of apostles. However, in today's churches many people are more knowledgeable than the Holy spirit and that is why churches are coming up as a business center, God will help us. smiley
Re: Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? by lucabrasi(m): 7:44pm On May 26, 2011
^^^^lets assume your explanation is ok for different denominations like catholics,anglicans,lutherans e.t.c how about fellow pentecostals who dont see eye to eye even though they are supposedly on the same side

(1) (Reply)

A Solution To Stammering / Why Don’t Jews Believe In Jesus? / Wake Up! The Quran Burning Pastor Is An IMBEC*LE! And Has A Paid Role In False-f

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.