Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? (33272 Views)

10 Important Things You Should Know About A Platonic Relationship / 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men / What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by hotwax: 3:17pm On Aug 17, 2018
victorian:

Not all ladies are like your female friends.
My lawyer is a married man, we are good friends and he has not slept with me nor even made any attempt to.

My best friend's husband is like a big brother to me, a senior official in FIRS, we became close through my best friend , when she introduced us during her engagement. He's from my state, our village is close, while my best friend is a Yoruba lady. He helps me professionally ,in short we are this close but it has never occured to me, to betray my friend and have sex with her husband.. Not even the devil can trick me on that. Am a fairer version of his wife but he has never hit on me.
And He knows I will never hit on him.. The respect I have towards him will fall below low, if he tries any hanky panky move. In fact none of us drink, so we can't blame alcohol. Our senses and Brains are up to date.

In short we are better off as family friends.

People should stop blaming Devil for everything.. And take responsibility for once!

Nice one

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by hotwax: 3:18pm On Aug 17, 2018
Hanseel1:

Change your mentality , it's wrong.

We are in 2018 not 1980. It's people like you that can't stay in the same house with a lady without having sex with her cry

We know life was saner in 1980. But in 2018, the rate at which people becoming dishonest ...even the devil is afraid

5 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
It all depends on the woman

I'm in big mess and seriously need advice. Check my page please and advice me on what to do thanks

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by AntiWailer: 3:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
No.

Next

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Siga: 3:50pm On Aug 17, 2018
Ah... that's the guy she be ...u know what I mean... when you are at odds with your wife.... such a friend is like a intimacy gadget in a glass case... when in need ...break it open...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 17, 2018
Good post. Well noted.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 17, 2018
Yes o yes
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
platonic that will become palatable tomorrow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Sniper4real(m): 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
If A girl dey my Bleep list, even if she's married. I'll still be pushing hard to Bleep o

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by eagleeye2: 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
is it proper to ask a goat to look after your yams?

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by KanwuliaExtra: 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
If the man does not satisfy ALL my needs. . . . I would have NO CHIOCE. kiss

Male friends must be kept in NIGERIA especially o. wink

Especially as ALL husbands are either too busy with “business” or fellow “oloshos”! grin

Bottom line?
All “motors” must have SPARE TIRES.
Or you risk having accidents in your relationships or marriages without any PLAN Bs! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Macon1212: 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
Hanseel1:
Nigerian men don't want their wives to have male friends but they think it's okay for them to keep female friends themselves . Women have indeed suffered very much in the hands of Nigerian men.

SMH

I think you are transgender?
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by safarigirl(f): 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
Hanseel1:
Nigerian men don't want their wives to have male friends but they think it's okay for them to keep female friends themselves . Women have indeed suffered very much in the hands of Nigerian men.

SMH
honestly.....see the foolish question.

So, married women should become loners because of a husband? Just because OP and his 'friend' who he had 'emotional sex' with have no discipline, he assumes everybody is a free giver.

Even female friends can mislead a married woman to commit adultery, the key is to marry someone with discipline and self control so you never have to worry about what they are doing with anyone of the opposite sex.

There is nothing like "mistake sex" anybody that is having sex is doing so because they want to. This use more to do with personal upbringing than general human behaviour.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by temi4fash(m): 3:57pm On Aug 17, 2018
kinibigdil:
What is even proper in relationship this days anymore, a lady said if she's dating or single depends on how her partner is behaving at the moment, No 3 is the problem of most relationships this days, wo Na olosho all of us go marry last last lol, Na who them catch be thief!

Na only you go marry olosho

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by DAntivirus: 3:57pm On Aug 17, 2018
I want to talk, but let me not talk...
I think it depends though...

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by pocohantas(f): 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2018
safarigirl:
honestly.....see the foolish question.

So, married women should become loners because of a husband? Just because OP and his 'friend' who he had 'emotional sex' with have no discipline, he assumes everybody is a free giver.

Even female friends can mislead a married woman to commit adultery, the key is to marry someone with discipline and self control so you never have to worry about what they are doing with anyone of the opposite sex.

There is nothing like "mistake sex" anybody that is having sex is doing so because they want to. This use more to do with personal upbringing than general human behaviour.

They will soon develop high BP.
Married women shouldn't wear this, they shouldn't go here, they shouldn't work here, they shouldn't associate with males...

Na wetin?! Na prison abi marriage?

Very soon they'll say married woman shouldn't work with male colleagues, enter bus with male passengers...etc grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2018
Majority of men ranting here have female friends even after marriage but they are here criminalising same for women. Jealous hypocrites

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by 1Sharon(f): 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
If the man does not satisfy ALL my needs. . . . I would have NO CHIOCE. kiss

Male friends must be kept in NIGERIA especially o. wink

Especially as ALL husbands are either too busy with “business” or fellow “oloshos”! grin

Bottom line?
All “motors” must have SPARE TIRES.
Or you risk having accidents in your relationships or marriages without any PLAN Bs! kiss

But don't you believe in working it out with ur partner and communicating the problems?

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Pinklet97(f): 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2018
The Bible says " abstain from every appearance of evil" let's tell ourselves the truth... one thing will always lead to another... and then we end up blaming the devil.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2018
victorian:
When there are set boundaries and self control between a married lady and her male friends , there is nothing wrong having a married male friend who believes in respecting his marital vows to his wife.
It's all about using the brain coupled with having a conscience.
Even if it has not happened it will surely happen one day as the friendship develops. As said in the article , men can pretend for life. Don't be over confident To safeguard your marriage desist from male friends. don't trust men
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by deliveryboy: 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2018
I didn't read the entire post but women want all the benefits of relationship and will never take up any single responsibility. They want men to accept them the way they are, half naked dresses, male friends, drink alcohol, abort children that would not benefit their own personal gain. However, they want to be treated like queens, they want a man who will take up their responsibilities so they will never have to work again (after all she's taking care of children). But men don't know this, men are continually scrutinizing themselves for any trace of ungentlemanliness, trying to be more gentle than they were yesterday but women demand more, more humility from our once firm men.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Just2endowed2(m): 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2018
its not proper no matter what. i beg flee
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Harrynight(m): 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2018

The answer is Simply NO

Don't ask y!
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by TimeManager(m): 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2018
pocohantas:

They will soon develop high BP.
Married women shouldn't wear this, they shouldn't go here, they shouldn't work here, they shouldn't associate with males...

Na wetin?! Na prison abi marriage?
Sorry, Men make the rules, women follow. Since the begining of creation till the end, so shall it be. Men marry women and not the other way round.

kiss the rules!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2018
1Sharon:

But don't you believe in working it out with ur partner and communicating the problems?

This is part of the “working out” process ke! wink
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2018
OP come see one of dem here. Na dem be this. We don know you now. grin grin grin
ImaIma1:

I am married and i have male friends undecided tongue

Nobody said all our friends have to be same sex.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by TimeManager(m): 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2018
victorian:

Not all ladies are like your female friends.
My lawyer is a married man, we are good friends and he has not slept with me nor even made any attempt to.

My best friend's husband is like a big brother to me, a senior official in FIRS, we became close through my best friend , when she introduced us during her engagement. He's from my state, our village is close, while my best friend is a Yoruba lady. He helps me professionally ,in short we are this close but it has never occured to me, to betray my friend and have sex with her husband.. Not even the devil can trick me on that. Am a fairer version of his wife but he has never hit on me.
And He knows I will never hit on him.. The respect I have towards him will fall below low, if he tries any hanky panky move. In fact none of us drink, so we can't blame alcohol. Our senses and Brains are up to date.

In short we are better off as family friends.

People should stop blaming Devil for everything.. And take responsibility for once!
Now this is how you make sense..
but never underestimate the Devil, that dude always lurking around a man and woman hoping to make things happen.

kiss the truth!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by 1Sharon(f): 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

This is part of the “working out” process ke! wink

Lol I mean actually talking with ur partner and seeing what if there is a solution to the problem

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2018
This is more like putting a goat in the same room with a fat juicy tuber of yam. Temptation is bound to happen. Now imagine a scenario wey d wife and husband get a little misunderstanding. The wife cry go the house of her close male friend. The male friend go hug her close dey pet her.small current come spark dem im com peck her of wich im come lead to deep kissing then serious nackingcheesy. Hope u can now see d scenario. Nobody is sayin u cant have a male but make him more of an arquitance than a close friend. Its better to avoid temptation.make ur husband ur close and best friend.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2018
There's no such thing as a platonic male friend.

What you have is a sly fox that is awaiting the right opportunity when his prey is weak to pounce and devour her.

EgunMogaji says so and you can quote me anywhere.

PS: All the serekodes on here, please don't bother abusing your father. I want to have a nice Friday so take your wahala and go.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Burgerlomo: 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2018
Platonic ko Patoranking ni cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PHOTO: Lady Caught Having Sex With A Mad Man / Ugandan Police Underfire For Confiscating intimacy gadgets (Photos) / Man Gets Resounding ‘No’ After Proposing To His Girl At A Mall In Warri (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.