Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st (36502 Views)

New BRT Seating Arrangement As Lagos Eases Lockdown On Monday (Video) / Despite 800 New BRT Buses, See How Lagos Bus Terminals Look On Monday Morning / Lagos Rolls Out New BRT Buses, Spotted At Lekki-epe Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by AutoReportNG: 2:20pm On Aug 17, 2018
Lagos State Government says it has taken delivery of 300 new buses into its Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) fleet to boost public transportation services in the state.

The Commissioner for Transportation, Ladi Lawanson, said in Lagos that the new buses were part of the 800 buses paid for by the state government. The 300 buses would be on Lagos roads from Oct. 1, the commissioner said.

“The most important thing is that the buses will start rolling out from October and we are not stopping at that and we won’t stop at 800.
“All 800 buses have been paid for but they are not bought off the shelf, they are produced in batches.

“The state government, being an enabler, made a financial commitment for those 800 to come in.

“But we have a firm agreement with the bus company that we are going to build up to 5000 buses in the next three to four years,” Lawanson said.

The commissioner said that the bus company had also expressed commitment to establish assembly plant in the country to provide jobs and for easy maintenance of the buses.

“That is part of what we knew we had to resolve from the old ways we have been acting.

“Part of the company’s agreement is to establish an assembly plant here to provide more jobs for Nigerians and solve the problems of maintenance and spare parts,’’ he said.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-axtnfGEAlxw/WygnMhTQe-I/AAAAAAAASmM/C7NYt5cI2OwSLK4CKKXnWyXPjrJvBftzACLcBGAs/s1600/02.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/08/lagos-to-roll-out-300-new-brt-buses-oct.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by AutoReportNG: 2:20pm On Aug 17, 2018

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by eezeribe(m): 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2018
Nigerians have a poor maintenance culture, which even reflects in government and institutions.
These so called BRT busses would rapidly depreciate to the level of danfo buses within the next one year...
No be Nigerians go dey drive them
No be Nigerians go dey enter the busses
Some drivers would even use their hands to disconnect the air conditioner, the stereo/music system, the electronic winders, etc.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by chris4gold(m): 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2018
Nice project
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by amaniro: 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
They keep killing people business those driving danfo should drive this new one's

Well it won't work 100%grin Africans have this attitude of destroying...

14 Likes

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Waakanda: 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
A welcome development
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by docadams: 2:24pm On Aug 17, 2018
Now I can think of coming to Lagos again after a 10year hiatus. Whether you board them or not Danfo is always a menace.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Heavance(m): 2:38pm On Aug 17, 2018
We still have to stand for so long to board BRT at main terminals, like tbs, mile 12 and others. You will see buses parked with no drivers
I still don't understand our maintenance culture here

1 Like

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by bedspread: 3:12pm On Aug 17, 2018
Good one... I Just pray the New buses are digitally registered for Effective Monitoring in order to Curb this One Chance and Rituals Menance in Lagos State of Nigeria...

12 Likes

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Lexusgs430: 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2018
That bus stop terminal looks like a copy of stratford bus stop ......

7 Likes

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Naijawebmaster: 4:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
Nice. But it isn't just about buying, they should also be well MAINTAINED! We lack maintenance culture in Nigeria.

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by gaby(m): 4:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
Kai...Lasgidi..who no go no know.

Na after I travel out of Nigeria come back I come begin fear and get paranoid with living in Lagos. Before I vamos, it was home and the best I could ever dream of...lol.

I remember those days wey I go just enter bus from mafoluku burst out oshodi dey waka any how with molue and danfo.

Na so I carry waka find myself for national theatre iganmu one saturday, na so I begin form tourist dey stroll round inside national theatre o.

I stroll sotey I come go land for one big hall wey people boku, shuoo...wet in dey happen here? Na wedding reception o, everywhere busy, correct olden days jorrof dey smell everywia, some people dey carry shayo bottle cum drink for outside dey drop the empties anyhow.

Some lean lean bouncers tanda for the entrance, and if you see my big head plus wet in I wear you go know say I no belong there.

I don stroll taya hunger don put gun for my head, na so I tell myself say I must chop this jorof because the ones wey mummy dey cook for house na so so onions dey full am and I hate onions.

Na so I begin pick bottle, I pick bottle so tey I cum pick pass bouncers enter hall...

hahaha...wen I land inside hall, na so I hala " una fada"...

That particular day na twin brothers dey do wedding, in fact if you see the calibre of people, see skin, see fine smell...na so I blend in o.

I sharperly blend in with people wey dey serve food and drinks...so tey na me people come dey tell say dem need food and drinks.

I settle down load myself well arrange take aways come go mistake rush more than three bottles of gulder...

When I wake up, hall don almost empty na so I rush out jump inside the first molue wey I see.

Conductor come meet me say "owo e da" I manage tell am say I be staff say na hustle carry me reach costain side. I no know say the guy na idiot...na so e draw my leg remove my two kpangolo shoes oo...

Na barefoot I take land house day day but with enuff take away.

Every Saturday from then on, I come get my crew wey I dey carry go crash weddings.

Based on say I dey speak Yoruba and Igbo, any one wey get event na language I take dey blend in dey form organizer.

This was from 1994...life funny die. I no fit forget eko sha..I waka so tey, I come decide to use leg waka go Europe. The Tori dey my signature about my waka jugbe.
I get stories i swear..if you wan dey hear Toris say yeah yeah and keep following.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Oceannaagent: 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2018
They should start the implementation already, been hearing about this for long
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Sharpshooota: 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2018
I give this buses two months...

No be Lagos again

2 Likes

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Standardcosting(m): 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2018
How can you end Danfo with just 350 BRT buses?

6 Likes

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Houstency(m): 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2018

3 Likes

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
Dey will use ewedu soup to stain DAT bus now
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by ajepako(f): 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2018
Very commendable Governor Ambode....
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by DrHighchief(m): 4:42pm On Aug 17, 2018
The Lagos state govt should emulate d Edo transport city Model... All passengers must get entry card. You can recharge d card as from #100 and above to avoid leakages in the system.

7 Likes

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Wucheria: 4:42pm On Aug 17, 2018
Better,especially when one driver killed a lady serving in Lagos
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Pavore9: 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2018
Just hope this time around, maintaining them is factored in.
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by dominique(f): 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2018
300 or 3000? For the whole of Lagos? Kolewerk
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Ishilove: 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2018
Deja Vu. It's like seeing Fashola's brand new BRTs all over again.

Check out those BRTs now. Glorified molue

4 Likes

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by sarahade(f): 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
K
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by richiepolymer(m): 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
When will we stop placing the cart before the horse in Nigeria?
How can LASG import buses before setting up assembly and maintenance plant for these buses?
Is this not the same old cycle on repeat?
A huge funds has gone into just importation of the buses alone.
Lagos needs electric tram powered by IPP not more buses on the roads

7 Likes

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by xynerise: 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
300 buses not enough for those going to the Island alone
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by abumoney(m): 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
Danfo will never end. The lungu Danfo can penetrate, BRT cannot try
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by uuzba(m): 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
Heavance:
We still have to stand for so long to board BRT at main terminals, like tbs, mile 12 and others. You will see buses parked with no drivers
I still don't understand our maintenance culture here

Maintenance requires machinery
Machinery run on electricity
We don't have electricity.
-> No maintenance.
-
I've heard it said that all our electricity production in Nigeria is Equal to only ONE state in USA.
-
When white men want to do something, they are serious about it and take it in full force
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by shadyLP(m): 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
End of danfo??
Hmmmm....
In this barbaric regime
I think your brain is d**ty
It needs this..

1 Like

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Ukpor1(m): 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
The Lagos state planning to make lag like londom
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Larrykaysail(m): 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
Good development, but this may not last, i remember TCTC, LSTC back in the days, Government lack maintenance culture , citizens are careless, May God touch their heart.
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Ofodirinwa: 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
didn't choose innoson

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight / Lagosians Groan As Massive Traffic Jams Bring The City To A Halt. / The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.