Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st (36496 Views)

New BRT Seating Arrangement As Lagos Eases Lockdown On Monday (Video) / Despite 800 New BRT Buses, See How Lagos Bus Terminals Look On Monday Morning / Lagos Rolls Out New BRT Buses, Spotted At Lekki-epe Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2018
DrHighchief:
The lagos state govt should emulate d Edo tranport city Model... All passengers must get entry card. You can recharge d card as from #100 and above to avoid leakages in the system.
Lagos State government have done that already, but not everyone has that card.
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:30pm On Aug 17, 2018
Larrykaysail:
Good development, but this may not last, i remember TCTC, LSTC back in the days, Government lack maintenance culture , citizens are careless, May God touch their heart.
TCTC my dad worked with them in the early 90s lack of maintenance killed that company. Well, the BRT buses that shuttles from Ikorodu to TBS is well maintained by Primero. I hope they can do that for these new buses.

1 Like

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by philsbaba: 6:31pm On Aug 17, 2018
grin
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Dey will use ewedu soup to stain DAT bus now
this guy is mad���
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by bigtt76(f): 6:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
Abi? Nor bi Lagos again? Hanging and owooodaaah must to de naaaa grin grin grin

eezeribe:
Nigerians have a poor maintenance culture, which even reflects in government and institutions.
These so called BRT busses would rapidly depreciate to the level of danfo buses within the next one year...
No be Nigerians go dey drive them
No be Nigerians go dey enter the busses
Some drivers would even use their hands to disconnect the air conditioner, the stereo/music system, the electronic winders, etc.
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by sirlop(m): 6:35pm On Aug 17, 2018
360command:
bro, self esteem is what is killing we africans.. Developing the so called brothers business is not for a certain tribe only. If much patronization is given to business entrepreneurs, employment opportunity is for all tribes.. There will be migration moving from one state to another.. Instead of having everyone fixed in a particular state..

U are good. Don't mind that nigga with a fish brain
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Kingjames(m): 6:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
...and when thou seeth this signs, brethren know that the general election is nigh
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by trapQ: 7:26pm On Aug 17, 2018
1994.... chaaii. I was just born when this happened.
gaby:
Kai...Lasgidi..who no go no know.

Na after I travel out of Nigeria come back I come begin fear and get paranoid with living in Lagos. Before I vamos, it was home and the best I could ever dream of...lol.

I remember those days wey I go just enter bus from mafoluku burst out oshodi dey waka any how with molue and danfo.

Na so I carry waka find myself for national theatre iganmu one saturday, na so I begin form tourist dey stroll round inside national theatre o.

I stroll sotey I come go land for one big hall wey people boku, shuoo...wet in dey happen here? Na wedding reception o, everywhere busy, correct olden days jorrof dey smell everywia, some people dey carry shayo bottle cum drink for outside dey drop the empties anyhow.

Some lean lean bouncers tanda for the entrance, and if you see my big head plus wet in I wear you go know say I no belong there.

I don stroll taya hunger don put gun for my head, na so I tell myself say I must chop this jorof because the ones wey mummy dey cook for house na so so onions dey full am and I hate onions.

Na so I begin pick bottle, I pick bottle so tey I cum pick pass bouncers enter hall...

hahaha...wen I land inside hall, na so I hala " una fada"...

That particular day na twin brothers dey do wedding, in fact if you see the calibre of people, see skin, see fine smell...na so I blend in o.

I sharperly blend in with people wey dey serve food and drinks...so tey na me people come dey tell say dem need food and drinks.

I settle down load myself well arrange take aways come go mistake rush more than three bottles of gulder...

When I wake up, hall don almost empty na so I rush out jump inside the first molue wey I see.

Conductor come meet me say "owo e da" I manage tell am say I be staff say na hustle carry me reach costain side. I no know say the guy na idiot...na so e draw my leg remove my two kpangolo shoes oo...

Na barefoot I take land house day day but with enuff take away.

Every Saturday from then on, I come get my crew wey I dey carry go crash weddings.

Based on say I dey speak Yoruba and Igbo, any one wey get event na language I take dey blend in dey form organizer.

This was from 1994...life funny die. I no fit forget eko sha..I waka so tey, I come decide to use leg waka go Europe. The Tori dey my signature about my waka jugbe.
I get stories i swear..if you wan dey hear Toris say yeah yeah and keep following.
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by gassbee: 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2018
na brt u wan drive inside lawanson, kolewerk
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by trapQ: 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2018
Chaaii
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Dey will use ewedu soup to stain DAT bus now
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Sleekfingers: 7:30pm On Aug 17, 2018
Houstency:
They should cater for the current Danfo operators else the resultant negative effects it would breed e.g Stealing, rituals, weaken economy etc

Well work Gov. Ambode!

My advice to the governor is to start building new prisons. Because all these useless danfo drivers and conductors will go into criminal activities.

Secondly, he should try to train those that are willing to work. Because there are still some responsible ones.

Danfo na moving coffins. Nice move Mr governor

1 Like

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Sleekfingers: 7:31pm On Aug 17, 2018
Beno3:
Patronizing Indian companies while INOSSON is there. angry angry

Innosson bus are expensive.
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Sleekfingers: 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
Kimsokrates:
If the lagos government is keen on stamping out Danfo buses,they should also do well to provides alternative jobs for danfo drivers to forestall any attendant effects.

I implore the governor to start building new prisons asap. I mean prison with enough land mass. Where any of those mofo arrested will be farming. This will increase our food produce in Lagos
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by liberation100: 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
I hope they will be out by 4:30 am for those going to V.I and Lekki and environs,we don't want people loosing jobs for getting to work late.

God bless ambode and grant him more wisdom.
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by DrHighchief(m): 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Lagos State government have done that already, but not everyone has that card.
It should be made compulsory. This is what entails in Edo state..
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:25pm On Aug 17, 2018
DrHighchief:

It should be made compulsory. This is what entails in Edo state..
That is good development in Edo state. I hope Lagos state do that also.
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Fash20: 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
I wish we could be making the buses in nigeria
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by gaby(m): 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
trapQ:
1994.... chaaii. I was just born when this happened.

My pikin how you dey?? grin

1 Like

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Reptyle(m): 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Lagos State Government says it has taken delivery of 300 new buses into its Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) fleet to boost public transportation services in the state.

The Commissioner for Transportation, Ladi Lawanson, said in Lagos that the new buses were part of the 800 buses paid for by the state government. The 300 buses would be on Lagos roads from Oct. 1, the commissioner said.

“The most important thing is that the buses will start rolling out from October and we are not stopping at that and we won’t stop at 800.
“All 800 buses have been paid for but they are not bought off the shelf, they are produced in batches.

“The state government, being an enabler, made a financial commitment for those 800 to come in.

“But we have a firm agreement with the bus company that we are going to build up to 5000 buses in the next three to four years,” Lawanson said.

The commissioner said that the bus company had also expressed commitment to establish assembly plant in the country to provide jobs and for easy maintenance of the buses.

“That is part of what we knew we had to resolve from the old ways we have been acting.

“Part of the company’s agreement is to establish an assembly plant here to provide more jobs for Nigerians and solve the problems of maintenance and spare parts,’’ he said.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-axtnfGEAlxw/WygnMhTQe-I/AAAAAAAASmM/C7NYt5cI2OwSLK4CKKXnWyXPjrJvBftzACLcBGAs/s1600/02.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/08/lagos-to-roll-out-300-new-brt-buses-oct.html

This is very commendable from LASG.

My fear? Maintenance. We don't ever seem to get that right. The planned assembly plant from the manufacturer should have been established before the buses rollout on the streets.

But as usual with politicians, it is election season and there is an eagerness to "launch" as many projects as possible without clear plans to ensure sustainability.

1 Like

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by trapQ: 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2018
Fine sir. I will start respecting people on this forum o. grin
gaby:

My pikin how you dey?? grin
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by gaby(m): 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2018
trapQ:
Fine sir. I will start respecting people on this forum o. grin

hahahahhahhaahahaha...laff wan scatter my gray hair ooo...

Una go dey insult us anyhow Abi...no yawa...
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:31pm On Aug 17, 2018
gaby:
Kai...Lasgidi..who no go no know.

Na after I travel out of Nigeria come back I come begin fear and get paranoid with living in Lagos. Before I vamos, it was home and the best I could ever dream of...lol.

I remember those days wey I go just enter bus from mafoluku burst out oshodi dey waka any how with molue and danfo.

Na so I carry waka find myself for national theatre iganmu one saturday, na so I begin form tourist dey stroll round inside national theatre o.

I stroll sotey I come go land for one big hall wey people boku, shuoo...wet in dey happen here? Na wedding reception o, everywhere busy, correct olden days jorrof dey smell everywia, some people dey carry shayo bottle cum drink for outside dey drop the empties anyhow.

Some lean lean bouncers tanda for the entrance, and if you see my big head plus wet in I wear you go know say I no belong there.

I don stroll taya hunger don put gun for my head, na so I tell myself say I must chop this jorof because the ones wey mummy dey cook for house na so so onions dey full am and I hate onions.

Na so I begin pick bottle, I pick bottle so tey I cum pick pass bouncers enter hall...

hahaha...wen I land inside hall, na so I hala " una fada"...

That particular day na twin brothers dey do wedding, in fact if you see the calibre of people, see skin, see fine smell...na so I blend in o.

I sharperly blend in with people wey dey serve food and drinks...so tey na me people come dey tell say dem need food and drinks.

I settle down load myself well arrange take aways come go mistake rush more than three bottles of gulder...

When I wake up, hall don almost empty na so I rush out jump inside the first molue wey I see.

Conductor come meet me say "owo e da" I manage tell am say I be staff say na hustle carry me reach costain side. I no know say the guy na idiot...na so e draw my leg remove my two kpangolo shoes oo...

Na barefoot I take land house day day but with enuff take away.

Every Saturday from then on, I come get my crew wey I dey carry go crash weddings.

Based on say I dey speak Yoruba and Igbo, any one wey get event na language I take dey blend in dey form organizer.

This was from 1994...life funny die. I no fit forget eko sha..I waka so tey, I come decide to use leg waka go Europe. The Tori dey my signature about my waka jugbe.
I get stories i swear..if you wan dey hear Toris say yeah yeah and keep following.

Oga Gaby again, I don laugh taya; make God crown our efforts with money on time. I go host you for Lagos someday.
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by gaby(m): 11:35pm On Aug 17, 2018
INTEGRITYA1:

Oga Gaby again, I don laugh taya; make God crown our efforts with money on time. I go host you for Lagos someday.

grin grin

Thank you o jare and Amen to our prayers...
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by CaptainFM1: 4:45am On Aug 18, 2018
richiepolymer:
When will we stop placing the cart before the horse in Nigeria?
How can LASG import buses before setting up assembly and maintenance plant for these buses?
Is this not the same old cycle on repeat?
A huge funds has gone into just importation of the buses alone.
Lagos needs electric tram powered by IPP not more buses on the roads

I've said it before, Trams is what we need in Lagos...esp on those long routes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by sunboy(m): 4:53am On Aug 18, 2018
richiepolymer:
When will we stop placing the cart before the horse in Nigeria?
How can LASG import buses before setting up assembly and maintenance plant for these buses?
Is this not the same old cycle on repeat?
A huge funds has gone into just importation of the buses alone.
Lagos needs electric tram powered by IPP not more buses on the roads

They know all that. But if they do the right thing , how will they effectively inflate the cost and pocket some na ?
Many things are just deliberately done, trust me.

If you go check on the paper written for that project I’m sure there will be a sustainablility plan, but they will choose to start with what the people can see so they can be praised, and money in their pocket.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by mechanics(m): 2:36pm On Aug 18, 2018
Good news, graduates will be employed and it will put a stop to the lack of maintenance culture in the state.
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by trapQ: 3:58pm On Aug 18, 2018
No vex sir, I'm very sorry on our behalf.
gaby:

hahahahhahhaahahaha...laff wan scatter my gray hair ooo...

Una go dey insult us anyhow Abi...no yawa...
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by gaby(m): 3:59pm On Aug 18, 2018
trapQ:
No vex sir, I'm very sorry on our behalf.

Apologies accepted...go and insult is no more...
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by DrHighchief(m): 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

That is good development in Edo state. I hope Lagos state do that also.
No more cash transaction inside the bus. All u have to do is to swipe ur card inside the bus.
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by nosiebaba(m): 10:41am On Aug 19, 2018
docadams:
Now I can think of coming to Lagos again after a 10year hiatus. Whether you board them or not Danfo is always a menace.
May God bless you jare
Re: End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st by Larrykaysail(m): 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

TCTC my dad worked with them in the early 90s lack of maintenance killed that company. Well, the BRT buses that shuttles from Ikorodu to TBS is well maintained by Primero. I hope they can do that for these new buses.
private contractor can make things work ,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison / Lagosians Groan As Massive Traffic Jams Bring The City To A Halt. / Occupants Escape Unhurt As Container Falls On Vehicle In Ikorodu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.