Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence (24186 Views)

Salwa Eid Naser To Miss Tokyo 2020 After Being Handed Two-year Ban / Lionel Messi Handed Two-Game Ban For Supercopa Red Card / Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by ebusnwaoma: 2:30pm On Aug 17, 2018
Lionel Messi's brother, Matias, who was found guilty of possessing an illegal firearm, has been handed a two-and-a-half-year suspended prison sentence.

The footballer's older brother, who was found with the illegal firearm in a blood-stained boat which he crashed in the Parana River, received a two-and-a-half year prison sentence on Thursday August 16th but instead of going to jail, he will undertake community service.

It was gathered that Lionel Messi's brother who was initially held under preventive arrest and later released while he recovered from a fractured jaw and other injuries in the Santa Fe province of Argentina, was handed the community service option through a deal with investigating prosecutors.

It also emerged that under Argentinian law, Messi’s brother could have be sentenced to up to eight and a half years in prison if convicted. The minimum prison sentence he could have face for an illegal firearms conviction, would be three and a half years according to local reports.

Matias’ lawyer Ignacio Carbone had also initially insisted he checked himself into hospital after injuring himself when he hit a sandbank - and has suggested the gun found on the boat could have been planted by cops.

Matias who has been linked with known criminals in the past, was held for 16 hours in a prison cell for in 2015 after officers found an an unlicensed 22-caliber gun in his car. He was also arrested in 2008 for allegedly having a loaded gun in his belt.

Matias is the middle brother in the Messi family, with Rodrigo aged 38 and Lionel aged 31. The trio also have a younger sister, 31, called Maria.  Matias and Rodrigo helped the Argentina international build up a huge passion for football by playing constantly together when they were younger.

Lionel Messi's brother alongside his mother, Celia María Cuccittini - helps manage the Barcelona forward's charitable organisation, the Leo Messi Foundation.

https://lailasnews.com/lionel-messis-brother-handed-two-and-a-half-year-suspended-prison-sentence/

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by DABREEZYTOS(f): 2:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
see as he dey disgrace him lil brother upandan...mumu elder bro

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2018
THE HATE I HAVE FOR MESSI CANT BE DESCRIBED.

modified:why is everybody quoting me??

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by sarahade(f): 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2018
Smh
Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by Naijawebmaster: 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2018
If it is Nigeria, the case may not be taken seriously since he is the brother of an influential personality.

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

6 Likes

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by zlantanfan: 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2018
GOAT
Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by packeging(m): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2018
Okay ooo but when is buhari coming back nah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by DavSagacity(m): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2018
miracood:
Messi does not even know u exist.
Mumu keep hating. !!!!!

126 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by tosyne2much(m): 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
Na him sabi jawe
Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
Alright. cheesy
Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by Buhari2019: 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
miracood:
Get well soon.

52 Likes

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
Who saw what I saw. Lionel Messi 31 and a younger sister 31.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
Are you expecting him in your house. cheesy cheesy
packeging:
Okay ooo but when is buhari coming back nah

1 Like

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by Lanretoye(m): 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
Na him brother use him glory.
Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by tolexy007(m): 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by bouncin04(m): 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
miracood:
keep hating grin ... Ode !!

18 Likes

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2018

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by wunmi590(m): 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
How come messi and her sister are age mate?

can we now say messi is also in the league of those claiming football age?

but looking at messi, am not sure he can reduce his age, because he looks hes present age

3 Likes

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by jakeFrost: 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
miracood:
The same hate will send you to an early grave

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by Siga: 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
DeeJayMarvey:
Who saw what I saw. Lionel Messi 31 and a younger sister 31.
.. The news agency/bloggers are more focused on highlighting Messi... almost every paragraph has either Lionel Messi's brother, or Messi's elder brother, or Messi this Messi that...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by LadyMessi(f): 4:50pm On Aug 17, 2018
miracood:

As if Messi cares. Keep hating while Messi keeps making his money.

22 Likes

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by purest21(m): 4:51pm On Aug 17, 2018
miracood:

I don't know how old you are kid, but hating on legitimately successful people is the worst career move for anyone, especially when u don't have a career

Someone is earning 585,000 Euros every week, equivalent to 667,000 US Dollars, which is about 240 million naira weekly for just playing once or twice in a week and even on leave. And currently the highest paid footballer on earth.

You proudly opened nairaland on your tecno phone to type this nonsense for public view. Well, you sound young.
I stopped arguing with people on nairaland the day I found out a fool I was trying to convince was in SS1

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by Aldebaran(m): 4:52pm On Aug 17, 2018
cheesy

Why is Messi and his brother playing with prison grin
Messi started with tax evasion, now is brother grin

Messi and Ronaldo has something in common

1)tax evasion
2)ballon d'or
3)all the above

9 Likes

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:52pm On Aug 17, 2018
OfficialDad:

Oga, howfar? Where've you been to?
Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by Pentools(m): 4:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
See as the stoopid op just Dey stress "messi'S brother" "messi'S brother" upandan, like he's tryna suffocate us with it..if u no put messi'S brother only but once, we no go know say Na him brother again.

Bad belle everywia.
This news is old by the way...

7 Likes

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by Fierce11: 4:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
So is lionel messi his brother? why una wan join the goat with news wey go dent am?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by pagorino(m): 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
miracood:
bad belle.... Upgrade your I.q

8 Likes

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by xynerise: 4:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
miracood:

Sign of depression

6 Likes

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by NORSIYK(m): 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2018
Lionel messi 31 and younger sister also 31 are they twins or were born the same year?

3 Likes

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by Xkalaban(m): 4:57pm On Aug 17, 2018
jakeFrost:
The same hate will send you to an early grave

Well said

3 Likes

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2018
With a brother like Messi, what was he doing with a gun Why not start a legit business and make money or name for your self

1 Like

Re: Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence by experimentist: 5:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
Chai! na so Messi career take end.

Sai Ronaldo grin

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? / Ronaldo Missing As Fifa Nominate Messi, Zlatan For 2019 Puskas Award / Super Eagles Squad Rewarded With $2,000 Each For Thrashing Argentina 4 – 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.