Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' (37543 Views)

Dr. Babatunde Okewale Officially Opens Akowonjo Branch Of St. Ives Hospital In L / Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above / The Evil Of Late Marriage For Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Eniola35: 3:08am On Aug 18, 2018
we hear
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by SirChime(m): 3:20am On Aug 18, 2018
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by linearity: 3:23am On Aug 18, 2018
flyca:
But we see married women who keep having kids even at 40 - 45 years, sometimes even 50. Why do you think it is so?

The article did not say, women in their 40s or 50s can’t get pregnant or give birth, it just stated that...the rate decreases with age!

4 Likes

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by linearity: 3:31am On Aug 18, 2018
Exponental:
Pls don't discourage our women, God is in control.

I think, he is just telling them to make hay while the Sun still shines.

Agree, God is still in control and their are miracles, but why wait till when one is the 50s and start to wait on God for a miracle from heaven at that point; when you can take advantage of the miracle that God have already performed...which is your reproductive prowess at young age to make it happen?

Believe me, it is a minute fraction of people who start waiting for this miracle at 50 gets it; the vast majority of them just wait on....until they are 60...70....80...90.....

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Duru009(m): 3:32am On Aug 18, 2018
Early marriage is bae

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by bellotaofeek: 3:50am On Aug 18, 2018
Best post of the year. Bravo cool[/color][color=#000099]
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Itzonlyme(f): 3:56am On Aug 18, 2018
We don hear na. Some do take in at 50..so?
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Nobody: 4:08am On Aug 18, 2018
St Ives, good hospital, heard their success rate on ivf is commendable,just that during the promos in most of this clinics most patients don't get as much attention as they would on regular days cos the patronage is twice or even thrice the normal . Regardless, it will be nice if they let the public know when they are having their promo through this same medium.
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by CaptainFM1: 4:10am On Aug 18, 2018
bluefilm:
If that's the case, then when I finally ready to marry na 18 - 23 year olds, I go begin target.

Meanwhile... make I continue to dey enjoy all these desperate 35 years olds wey dey still they think say hope dey. cool cool shocked shocked grin grin cheesy cheesy wink wink

You will have a daughter!

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by mercyland93(m): 4:11am On Aug 18, 2018
I'm sure with all this, ladies btw 30 nd 35 would tends to accept any man that come there way now. Considering the fact that d biological time is ticking out gradually.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by londoner: 4:37am On Aug 18, 2018
Nowadays even some so called young women are having trouble carrying a baby to full term.

The doctor should also discuss the difficulty in pregnancy among child brides who sometimes develop fistulas due to being too young to give birth.

Women give birth later in life all the time and always have. We all know of families with a large age gap between the eldest and youngest sibling.

I understand there is a higher risk of downs syndrome with less healthy eggs but when is the last time you heard of a downs baby being born?

2 Likes

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Ugosample(m): 5:00am On Aug 18, 2018
my grand mother was giving birth to kids till she was almost 50 undecided

This infertility thing is relative, and not cast in stone

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Ugosample(m): 5:02am On Aug 18, 2018
linearity:

The article did not say, women in their 40s or 50s can’t get pregnant or give birth, it just stated that...the rate decreases with age!

yea

it decreases
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Mathias1976: 5:05am On Aug 18, 2018
I don't agree with this tho

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Gerrard59(m): 5:30am On Aug 18, 2018
koyyes:
Even oyibo people that taught this guy all these don't believe in this shit. See women giving birth in their 40's all over the place and you still spread this shit so that Africans will continue to breed children like rats just because of one biological clock tale.

That is how some women out of desperation will get married to an slowpoke all in the name of ticking biological clock. Do you know there is also an increase in the number of women in their 20's who can't become pregnant until in their 30's?

Eat right and maintain good health.

The doctor is actually right and was fair enough. He used statistics to explain the topic. Yes, women above 40 procreate, but what's the percentage compared to women below 30?

There's nothing wrong with what he said, scientifically.

koyyes:
Men and women who marry in their 30's have a higher chance of sustaining happy marriages.

Women who give birth in their 30's mostly give birth to extremely intelligent children.

These are known facts but because Africans love negative news, you will all continue to make bad decisions and increase poverty and pedophilia in any way possible.

I pity you.

Happiness is subjective. Moreover, where did you get the information that women above 30 procreate intelligent children?

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Hanatunde(f): 5:31am On Aug 18, 2018
bluefilm:
If that's the case, then when I finally ready to marry na 18 - 23 year olds, I go begin target.

Meanwhile... make I continue to dey enjoy all these desperate 35 years olds wey dey still they think say hope dey. cool cool shocked shocked grin grin cheesy cheesy wink wink
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Gerrard59(m): 5:33am On Aug 18, 2018
Philpham:
Quack doctor. Misogynistic waste. One of the ways Nigerian men uses to make women feel they have a biological clock while forgetting that men’s sp..erm become watery after 35 yrs making them equally infertile.

The doctor mentioned sperm quality being a reason. Did you actually read the article?

@Topic: The doctor is correct regarding his explanation on fertility and these have been confirmed scientifically. However, my issue is that he equates being married to being eligible for procreation. Although, he mentioned other causes of infertility other than age, one can still get married at a younger age and still be infertile.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by MurphyTheory99(m): 5:42am On Aug 18, 2018
bluefilm:

I didn't need to look too far. The name said it all. I hope when someone is nacking your 35yr old sis you'll like it?
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by flyca: 5:44am On Aug 18, 2018
linearity:

Scare tactics. Don't fall for it!

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Danchibez: 5:52am On Aug 18, 2018
I pity girls
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by bluefilm: 6:05am On Aug 18, 2018
CaptainFM1:

You will have a daughter!

Yes na.

Daughters sef.

And my all daughters will be married even before they reach 25 years to avoid stories that touch like the ones ALL your sisters are experiencing now!

Ha ha ha ha ha grin grin grin grin

MurphyTheory99:

I didn't need to look too far. The name said it all. I hope when someone is nacking your 35yr old sis you'll like it?

Why not.

I dey nack people sisters wey don reach 35 and above.

People dey nack my sister wey don reach 35.

So no wahala.

That's why I love karma so much.

It enables we guys to be enjoying more than enough good nackings from all these women wey don taya to dey do shakara.

God bless the God of Karma. grin grin cool cool shocked shocked wink wink

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by efavour: 6:22am On Aug 18, 2018
koyyes:
Even oyibo people that taught this guy all these don't believe in this shit. See women giving birth in their 40's all over the place and you still spread this shit so that Africans will continue to breed children like rats just because of one biological clock tale.

That is how some women out of desperation will get married to an slowpoke all in the name of ticking biological clock. Do you know there is also an increase in the number of women in their 20's who can't become pregnant until in their 30's?

That is how some came and said women of child bearing age who don't have sex will get fibroid. Rubbish talk! Na marketing strategy to sell more condom or std drug abi wetin?
They just keep feeding you people rubbish and you all absorb all that in your head as if your head has been empty all these while.

I will advice ladies to stop taking contraceptives like tom tom. That is one of the things increasing infertility if you don't know.
These same doctors give you these without educating you then they come out and say shiit.

Eat right and maintain good health.

well said, some doctors need to update their knowledge. I married late by mid thirties not by choice of cause. I had hyperactive thyroid and was treating here right here in Lagos. The doctor started talking me into bringing my hubby to start fertility treatment, I ignored him and continued with my drug. Once my thyroid level balanced and came back to normal, we started trying and I got pregnant at the second try at 36. At 38 I got pregnant at first try and had another baby. My hand was full and I decided to space a little but that was not gonna be as I got pregnant by mistake. I thought I was in my free period and I'm 39. There some Ladies much younger than me that got married about same time as me and are still trying up to date. I know a woman at forty five that just had her baby without Ivf. My sis had her last child at forty three and not ivf. Doctor is just trying to sell market

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by CaptainFM1: 6:28am On Aug 18, 2018
bluefilm:

Yes na.

Daughters sef.

And my all daughters will be married even before they reach 25 years to avoid stories that touch like the ones ALL your sisters are experiencing now!

Good morning, Yeye fowl!

Why not.

So no wahala.

It enables we guys to be enjoying more than enough good nackings from all these women wey don taya to dey do shakara.

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by CaptainFM1: 6:33am On Aug 18, 2018
bluefilm:

Yes na.

Daughters sef.

Why not.

So no wahala.

Good morning, Yeye fowl!
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by kalu61(m): 6:41am On Aug 18, 2018
Philpham:
Quack doctor. Misogynistic waste. One of the ways Nigerian men uses to make women feel they have a biological clock while forgetting that men’s sp..erm become watery after 35 yrs making them equally infertile.
Lia mohammed
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by uwa244(m): 6:54am On Aug 18, 2018
Quite enlightening.
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by bitcoinvin(m): 7:00am On Aug 18, 2018
Bilaludeen:

http://surecontents..com/2018/08/pregnant-why-late-marriage-will-affect.html

rubbish when GBOko-Cleanser and Monkey Tail dey.
Just dey take 2 shots and u get Pregnant withinh some weeks...
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by ChidiAlaigbo: 7:01am On Aug 18, 2018
efavour:
well said, some doctors need to update their knowledge. I married late by mid thirties not by choice of cause. I had hyperactive thyroid and was treating here right here in Lagos. The doctor started talking me into bringing my hubby to start fertility treatment, I ignored him and continued with my drug. Once my thyroid level balanced and came back to normal, we started trying and I got pregnant at the second try at 36. At 38 I got pregnant at first try and had another baby. My hand was full and I decided to space a little but that was not gonna be as I got pregnant by mistake. I thought I was in my free period and I'm 39. There some Ladies much younger than me that got married about same time as me and are still trying up to date. I know a woman at forty five that just had her baby without Ivf. My sis had her last child at forty three and not ivf. Doctor is just trying to sell market

I hope you have a solid plan for these children, not just having them but bringing them up....financing their school fees, housing them, clothing them, healthand insurance provision and emergencies should you get sick or die early. Then also considering their economic prospect when they grow up, the country's economic prospect etc.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Yuneehk(f): 7:04am On Aug 18, 2018
Blessed200016:
abeg whc one is you out of d three people
The one without glasses
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 18, 2018
jakandeola:
it happens dear DAT a miracle. in church dey came out to shear testimony. but its hard for it to happen. if not this crazy world 17-24 is when woman shd marry born all her belle. as a woman get older she miscarrage easily.dats sad.

Please, stop typing
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Realname: 7:23am On Aug 18, 2018
flyca:
But we see married women who keep having kids even at 40 - 45 years, sometimes even 50. Why do you think it is so?

Dome a false and made up stories , some are rare some are just plain luck

What the doctor said in this post are facts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Erase Tribal Marks? / The Yoruba Name Of Dandelion Herb / Man Who Was Unable To Pay For Wife's Medical Bills, Gets Help Through Twitter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.