Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' (37544 Views)

Dr. Babatunde Okewale Officially Opens Akowonjo Branch Of St. Ives Hospital In L / Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above / The Evil Of Late Marriage For Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Leopantro: 7:31am On Aug 18, 2018
pepole talking about women who are 35 and above getting pregnant, do you know how they got pregnant?
if you know the number of women who are using assisted fertilization processes to get pregnant but then come out to say say age is not an issue.
if you know the number of celebrities that use this method to get pregnant, you will be shocked.
our job is to make money from your ignorance.
the same men shouting that our foremothers gave birth in their 40s will be the same men shouting i want a male child and look for girlfriends outside.
it's a man's world

let's talk reasonably

FACTORS THAT AFFECT FERTILITY

A. MATERNAL AGE
it's the single most important factor.women now then to delay childbearing due to better education, pursuing higher education and getting married later. media and celebrities not helping the matter.A woman's fertility begins to decline from age 24 and accelerates from age 35. At age 37, a woman has approx 25,000 eggs which is just 1% of all the eggs she was born with. as she ages the number of eggs reduce as well as the quality.

B. PATERNAL AGE
testosterone production begins to reduce from the age of 40 so does fertility. although fertility can be maintained in men till the age of 60 and above, it is worse in females.

C. TIMING OF INTERCOURSE
the greatest chance of pregnancy occurs when it is done 6 to 2 days before ovulation. no pregnancy is achieved after ovulatuon.

D. PREVIOUS TERMINATION OF PREGNANCY
the higher the number of previous TOP done before , the greater the decrease in the possibility of achieving successful pregnanacy.

E. DIET.
There are no data to suggest any particular dier can affect fertility. the Important factor is to maintain a good BMI, eat a well balanced diet, engage in regular exercise.

F SMOKING AND CAFFINE
smoking produces harmful substances and reduces the chances of conceiving by half. taking more than 5 cups of coffee per day has been observed to reduce fertility.
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Realname: 7:32am On Aug 18, 2018
flyca:

So “miracle” cannot happen to older brides? Except the society forces them to marry people that they don't actually love? Or when they know they are not ready to get married?

Anyway I don't believe in “miracle”. I think people should take care of themselves and their reproductive health when they single. Also they should eat healthy and stay healthy. Medical science is advanced enough to take care of the rest wink

Hahahaha

My dear you are right but if you understand what this doctor od trying to say ...

Once a woman crosses 30 the fertility chancces start to drop , then from 35 the drop rate rovals that of a 50 ton metal ball dropped off a cliff .

Even with modern alternative fertility tecnics available it's alwaays harder and chances of success slimer in a woman 33 -/35 upwards , it's way slimmer.

These moderen fertility tecnics work best when the woman is between 20 - 30 with a high success rate these are facts all medical practioners know, off course in Nigeria they won't tell the couple just so they can waste their money at the fertility center.

Hence it's best for mody men to steet cleat of unmarried over 30 women to avoid stories that touch
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Realname: 7:33am On Aug 18, 2018
koyyes:
Even oyibo people that taught this guy all these don't believe in this shit. See women giving birth in their 40's all over the place and you still spread this shit so that Africans will continue to breed children like rats just because of one biological clock tale.

That is how some women out of desperation will get married to an slowpoke all in the name of ticking biological clock. Do you know there is also an increase in the number of women in their 20's who can't become pregnant until in their 30's?

That is how some came and said women of child bearing age who don't have sex will get fibroid. Rubbish talk! Na marketing strategy to sell more condom or std drug abi wetin?
They just keep feeding you people rubbish and you all absorb all that in your head as if your head has been empty all these while.

I will advice ladies to stop taking contraceptives like tom tom. That is one of the things increasing infertility if you don't know.
These same doctors give you these without educating you then they come out and say shiit.

Eat right and maintain good health.

This doesn't make any sense

I understand how frightening this might be for you but calm down and understand
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by adeolu21: 7:34am On Aug 18, 2018
Odingo1:

Early marriage is not better, if you have children that you cannot be able to take care off, they become agberos, disturbing the peace of other people.
For men 30 years and above while women 24 years and above..
is that nt an early marriage?
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Realname: 7:35am On Aug 18, 2018
Philpham:
Quack doctor. Misogynistic waste. One of the ways Nigerian men uses to make women feel they have a biological clock while forgetting that men’s sp..erm become watery after 35 yrs making them equally infertile.

That is very untrue men's sperm doesn't become watery after 35 infsct a healthy man of 50.can impregnate a woman even a man of 69 and yes all women have a biological clock

Why are you so upset ? These are the facts
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Akpacha(m): 7:35am On Aug 18, 2018
Teeboi56:
Okay but u re not God
he is not trying to be either, he just explained things from his own profession. If u so believe in God never u visit hospitals.
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Realname: 7:37am On Aug 18, 2018
koyyes:
Men and women who marry in their 30's have a higher chance of sustaining happy marriages.

Women who give birth in their 30's mostly give birth to extremely intelligent children.

These are known facts but because Africans love negative news, you will all continue to make bad decisions and increase poverty and pedophilia in any way possible.

I pity you.

Women who give birth in their 30s have. Higher chance of having autistic children these are very known facts

Medicine isnt here to.hurt anyone.madam , enbrace the truth
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by flyca: 7:39am On Aug 18, 2018
Realname:

Dome a false and made up stories , some are rare some are just plain luck

What the doctor said in this post are facts
I don't really understand you, but I think that you disagree with me.

Are you saying that no babies are made at late 40's and 50's? In the olden days, when it was common for people gave birth to 8 10 kids, do you know the ages at which the last babies were made? Even in modern days there are many examples of babies that arrived late. Common recent example is Janet Jackson. There are thousands of others.

All I'm saying is... medical science has advanced to help old mothers and late babies. If you see yourself as a late parent (differing circumstances), don't be overly bothered except you are a broke ass tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Mune: 7:44am On Aug 18, 2018
efavour:
well said, some doctors need to update their knowledge. I married late by mid thirties not by choice of cause. I had hyperactive thyroid and was treating here right here in Lagos. The doctor started talking me into bringing my hubby to start fertility treatment, I ignored him and continued with my drug. Once my thyroid level balanced and came back to normal, we started trying and I got pregnant at the second try at 36. At 38 I got pregnant at first try and had another baby. My hand was full and I decided to space a little but that was not gonna be as I got pregnant by mistake. I thought I was in my free period and I'm 39. There some Ladies much younger than me that got married about same time as me and are still trying up to date. I know a woman at forty five that just had her baby without Ivf. My sis had her last child at forty three and not ivf. Doctor is just trying to sell market

Put fertility aside, why will you like to have a child at a late age? There will come a time that you will like to rest and that child still need your attention ie when your energy is low and want to retire.

Don't you want a child that will be of help to you when you most need it? Do you want to be 70 while your child is still in secondary school.

People should marry within those years the doctor recommended as it is the best.
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Realname: 7:44am On Aug 18, 2018
flyca:

Are you saying that no babies are made at late 40's and 50's? In the olden days, when it was common for people gave birth to 8 10 kids, do you know the ages at which the last babies were made? Even in modern days there are many examples of babies that arrived late. Common recent example is Janet Jackson. There are thousands of others.

All I'm saying is... medical science has advanced to help old mothers and late babies. If you see yourself as a late parent (differing circumstances), don't be overly bothered except you are a broke ass tongue

Apologies for the typo

And I didn't disagree with you , yes some mother do get pregnant at that age but medically they are alwasy advised not to carry the pregnancy to.term, and trust me it's rare for women to get pregnant at that age.

Secondly to butress what the gentle man said in the article shared, he is 100% correct !

Let's not allow sentimental or as is more common in this parrt of the world spiritual biases beloud our logic .

The best time for a women to conceive or for even alternative medical assisted fertility tecnics to work in a woman is between ages 20-30

Infact once a woman clocks 33/35 the chances of her getting pregnant drop so fast it makes gravity look like an intern.

And another worry os at that age the chances of her having an autistic child increase dramatically
Those women you mentioned who conceieve at advanced ages of 40-50 99% of the time go and check the child from age 2, you will see clear symptoms of autism!

Please medicine isn't here to hurt anyone's feels let us all.help each other

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by mamawin(f): 7:48am On Aug 18, 2018
flyca:
But we see married women who keep having kids even at 40 - 45 years, sometimes even 50. Why do you think it is so?
He didn't say that's impossible, if the woman is fertile. Ginh for IVF at that age has a lower chance of success
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by pocohantas(f): 7:57am On Aug 18, 2018
EwuOjota:
grin grin grin

CC: Ishi love and Cococ andy and Pocoh antas , Oyin didi grin grin grin ;DOya make una come read.

Why do some of you Nigerian men, think you can blackmail and use scare tactics to make women rush into marriage?If y'all are so good for marriage, you don't need these tricks. Women will see you and want to marry you. Abi are you guys scared they won't desire you, all things being equal? grin

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by EwuOjota: 8:00am On Aug 18, 2018
pocohantas:

Why do some of you Nigerian men, think you can blackmail and use scare tactics to make women rush into marriage?

If y'all are so good for marriage, you don't need these tricks.
Women will see you and want to marry you. Abi are you guys scared they won't desire you, all things being equal? grin

Just read Biko. Them say you guys above 30 are at risk.
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by pocohantas(f): 8:01am On Aug 18, 2018
EwuOjota:

Just read Biko. Them say you guys above 30 are at risk.

Ah! I am crying. I am going to kill myself!!

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Leopantro: 8:02am On Aug 18, 2018
flyca:

that's a poor example
Janet Jackson utilized assisted reproductive methods to achieve pregnancy.
celebrities do not tell you the full stories behind their success

Also, in the olden days, women married before the age of 18. before they get to 35 they will have completed their family. beside men married multiple women back then and there was
1. No smoking
2. limited education pursuits
3. active farming
4. good food and weight control
5. stress was low compared to modern age
6. termination of pregnancy was unheard of

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/kathy-buckworth/janet-jackson-ivf-pregnancy_b_14437660.html
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by EwuOjota: 8:03am On Aug 18, 2018
pocohantas:

Ah! I am crying. I am going to kill myself!!

If you are beautiful. I don't mind marrying you even if you are older than me. My mother even told me older women are better and don't ask for money like that.

Send me your pictures.
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Blessed200016: 8:35am On Aug 18, 2018
Yuneehk:

The one without glasses
Sis, u're just natural, I appreciate you
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by vizkiz: 8:51am On Aug 18, 2018
Yuneehk:

The one without glasses

hmmmmm... grin

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by bukatyne(f): 9:12am On Aug 18, 2018
coleon:

Truth is after reading this I'm really scared cos I'm 35. And my fiance is 33. The last thing I want is to eventually get married and not have children. My life will be miserable.

What is stopping you from getting married now?
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 18, 2018
Realname:

Women who give birth in their 30s have. Higher chance of having autistic children these are very known facts

Medicine isnt here to.hurt anyone.madam , enbrace the truth

What truth? That women in their 40's who give birth all over the place are a myth? Please swerve!
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 18, 2018
Realname:

This doesn't make any sense

I understand how frightening this might be for you but calm down and understand

Of course it won't make sense to you. You were not born to use your power of deductive reasoning.
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by CSTR1005: 9:20am On Aug 18, 2018
And the quality of the eggs depreciate with age too.
That was not emphasised.

Younger women produces smarter, Sharper children on average.

Down syndrome in children happen more often in late procreation.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 18, 2018
Gerrard59:

The doctor is actually right and was fair enough. He used statistics to explain the topic. Yes, women above 40 procreate, but what's the percentage compared to women below 30?

There's nothing wrong with what he said, scientifically.

Happiness is subjective. Moreover, where did you get the information that women above 30 procreate intelligent children?

Get out there to see things for yourself.
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 18, 2018
TonyRoland:
when u are ready to settle down go and marry a woman of 40yrs ........ yeye dey smell.

So will thousands of men. they won't be the first and last. You just continue to dwell in thoughts of poverty and pedophilia. Ever wondered why your white mates seem to be doing better than you? That's right you've got no clue.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by bukatyne(f): 9:35am On Aug 18, 2018
Bilaludeen:

http://surecontents..com/2018/08/pregnant-why-late-marriage-will-affect.html

Very educative thread.

I wonder why the men are jumping about hitting on women when a major reason of infertiliy is lack of quality sperm which increases as the men age.

I am also a staunch advocate of early marriage in men and women because truthfully, the younger the better and the easier for your body to snap back after pregnancies for women. For something that grows old (the human body), it only makes sense to use it earlier than later.

We have the technology of frozen eggs however if it is not panadol, e no fit be like panadol.

Now these things are NOT cast in stone and a 40yr old woman in the village where there are no industries, fast food joints, eats only fresh food, takes regular body resetting herbs and does most of her chores manually is healthier than a 30yr old in the city with all the attendant lifestyle. Ditto a man that's why an Ogogoro gulping man will have kids at 70. He is trekking to farm, farming his land, eating fresh and unprocessed fruits and vegetables. A 30 year old guy that drinks alcohol supposedly more refined drives for hours in traffic, sits all day in the office, eats all sorts and inhales heavily polluted air per second.

Like the Dr. said, pollution, industrialization and age are the major factors in infertility hence our mothers got pregnant unassisted in their 40s and 50s while women in their 30s today are struggling.

Again, I know ladies in their 20s trying for kids while ladies married at 30s dropping them like it's hot.

@ Marriage partner: I believe that almost everyone met someone they could have married while younger. Again, if you intend to marry early, by 20yrs max you stop chewing gum relationships and work towards more meaningful ones.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Realname: 9:35am On Aug 18, 2018
koyyes:

Of course it won't make sense to you. You were not born to use your power of deductive reasoning.

I see
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Realname: 9:36am On Aug 18, 2018
koyyes:

What truth? That women in their 40's who give birth all over the place are a myth? Please swerve!

Okay
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Gerrard59(m): 9:42am On Aug 18, 2018
koyyes:

Get out there to see things for yourself.

Next time, if you cannot provide evidence to support a claim, it's better you don't say anything.
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 18, 2018
efavour:
well said, some doctors need to update their knowledge. I married late by mid thirties not by choice of cause. I had hyperactive thyroid and was treating here right here in Lagos. The doctor started talking me into bringing my hubby to start fertility treatment, I ignored him and continued with my drug. Once my thyroid level balanced and came back to normal, we started trying and I got pregnant at the second try at 36. At 38 I got pregnant at first try and had another baby. My hand was full and I decided to space a little but that was not gonna be as I got pregnant by mistake. I thought I was in my free period and I'm 39. There some Ladies much younger than me that got married about same time as me and are still trying up to date. I know a woman at forty five that just had her baby without Ivf. My sis had her last child at forty three and not ivf. Doctor is just trying to sell market

Leave all these illiterates around to continue wallowing in ignorance and deceit. I know women even in their late 40's who gave birth to healthy babies. It just happened. Its not Like they were looking for kids. They already had children. Before I allow one doctor tell me how to live my life, I do my own research. But illiterates will swallow everything.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 18, 2018
Gerrard59:

Next time, if you cannot provide evidence to support a claim, it's better you don't say anything.

And where are your facts from exactly? Doctors who read old books and can't explain how women in their 40's still give birth to healthy kids or the ones poisoning women with questionable contraceptives? Which one.

May I remind you that there are now reports that men's fertility also reduces with age. A general conclusion given to you without stating factors that could affect that.

You have your eyes and two ears. You were not born today. Start thinking and questioning things.
Re: Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' by Gerrard59(m): 10:03am On Aug 18, 2018
koyyes:

And where are your facts from exactly? Doctors who read old books and can't explain how women in their 40's still give birth to healthy kids or the ones poisoning women with questionable contraceptives? Which one.

May I remind you that there are now reports that men's fertility also reduces with age. A general conclusion given to you without stating factors that could affect that.

You have your eyes and two ears. You were not born today. Start thinking and questioning things.

Men and women who marry in their 30's have a higher chance of sustaining happy marriages.

Women who give birth in their 30's mostly give birth to extremely intelligent children.

That was what you said, yet you cannot provide evidence to support your claims. The onus on providing evidence is on you not me.

No one is saying women above 40 cannot procreate healthy children, question is: what's the percentage when compared to women below 35? This is simple statistics.

On the other hand, the bold has evidence: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3253726/

Something you find it difficult to provide to support your claims.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Erase Tribal Marks? / The Yoruba Name Of Dandelion Herb / Man Who Was Unable To Pay For Wife's Medical Bills, Gets Help Through Twitter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.