Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,482 members, 7,801,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Has Anyone Gotten A Job In Another Country While Being Resident In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Has Anyone Gotten A Job In Another Country While Being Resident In Nigeria? (1618 Views)

Finally Gotten A Job / Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience / Who Has Done An Interview Or Gotten A Job Since COVID-19 Started? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Gotten A Job In Another Country While Being Resident In Nigeria? by YOLO1(m): 5:06pm On Aug 17, 2018
Hello guys. Is it possible to apply for a job in another country and be selected for an interview process?
I always see adverts of jobs related to my field but have always been thinking of the possibility of being selected for an interview process.
Some questions that run through my mind is how the interview is going to hold? Who is going to pay for the Transport fare and accommodation if selected for the interview etc.
Please kindly throw more light on this if you have applied for a job outside Nigeria and you were selected.

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job In Another Country While Being Resident In Nigeria? by ifex370(m): 5:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
YOLO1:
Hello guys. Is it possible to apply for a job in another country and be selected for an interview process?
I always see adverts of jobs related to my field but have always been thinking of the possibility of being selected for an interview process.
Some questions that run through my mind is how the interview is going to hold? Who is going to pay for the Transport fare and accommodation if selected for the interview etc.
Please kindly throw more light on this if you have applied for a job outside Nigeria and you were selected.

Most time's, Skype interviews are done

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job In Another Country While Being Resident In Nigeria? by Tombrook0: 7:06pm On Aug 17, 2018
Good question

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job In Another Country While Being Resident In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
YOLO1:

There is no harm in trying. Some companies offer relocation assistance if the candidate has the skills they desire.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job In Another Country While Being Resident In Nigeria? by goodnewscliff(m): 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
Some one got a job as this today in Ma compound..... So yeahh

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job In Another Country While Being Resident In Nigeria? by iboboyswag(m): 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2018
My Brother, if i had not seen it happen live to more than 15 people right here in Nigeria, I won't have believed it was possible even with a Nigerian certificate.

It is 101% possible.

However, most of the people who i know have gotten such opportunity are those in the medical and IT sectors (Business Analyst) to be precise. there is a catch though, you have to get prerequisite certification for the country in question. In the case of the medical field, appropriate board licenses would do.

Interviews are usually done through Skype.

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job In Another Country While Being Resident In Nigeria? by nervorum: 9:17am On Aug 18, 2018
YOLO1:

Yes, you can get a job outside of Nigeria while in Nigeria. Interviews are usually through skype.
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job In Another Country While Being Resident In Nigeria? by Investor1: 12:05am On Aug 20, 2018
What job portal can you recommend for anyone searching for foreign jobs?
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job In Another Country While Being Resident In Nigeria? by Tizzyreal: 1:00am On Aug 20, 2018
Hello guys, do you have lots of fans and viewers on facebook,Twitter,Instagram, YouTube, vimeo, pinterest, G+, forums, etc. And you don't know how to monetize them to earn $$$ for you whenever they view your post or files. I will show you guyz a site that is far better than Google AdSense in the sense that you don't need to click on any ad before you earn, in this case you earn when your fans, viewers click on your monetized link without even clicking on any ad. When your fans click on your link, an Ad will be shown to them for just 5 seconds before directing them to the main post or video they want to view. A click is $0.50, so imagine if you have 1000 clicks, how much will you get? =1000×0.50 or even 10,000 clicks × 0.50.
This is how I have been earning for the past months and I feel like letting you guys benefit as well. It is free to join the site, all you need do is to shorten your links on the site and post them anywhere. The funniest thing is that you can as well click on the monetized links to earn money for yourself. The site is simple to use and pays. They pay via PayPal, payoneer, payza. You need to register preferably with payoneer because they pay Nigeria unlike PayPal. If you are interested, join here https:///2atCNr
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job In Another Country While Being Resident In Nigeria? by tolution: 1:19am On Aug 20, 2018
iboboyswag:
My Brother, if i had not seen it happen live to more than 15 people right here in Nigeria, I won't have believed it was possible even with a Nigerian certificate.

It is 101% possible.

However, most of the people who i know have gotten such opportunity are those in the medical and IT sectors (Business Analyst) to be precise. there is a catch though, you have to get prerequisite certification for the country in question. In the case of the medical field, appropriate board licenses would do.

Interviews are usually done through Skype.

Goodluck

Dear High Chief,

I would appreciate if you share these prerequisite certifications for IT sectors.

Thanks
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job In Another Country While Being Resident In Nigeria? by iboboyswag(m): 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2018
tolution:

Dear High Chief,

I would appreciate if you share these prerequisite certifications for IT sectors.

Thanks

Good evening... The IT sector is quite large and those I know that have benefitted from the opportunity are guys in Business analysis and Big Data.

For them, a good working knowledge, your B.Sc. and any overseas certification (added advantage) will do. A remote internship (work experience) is also a great advantage.

There are a few companies here in Nigeria that offer the same and that can help boost your CV.

Best of luck

(1) (Reply)

One Acre Fund Recruiting Operations Associate (Graduate/Non-Graduate) / Zulphazain Global Limited, Are They Real?? / Bank Phb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.