Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,700 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job (22240 Views)

How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? / Do You Want To Secure A Good Job In Nigeria? Top 5 Factors You Should Consider / No Good Job? –try These Top 7 Nigerian ICT Jobs With High Employment Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Arkmanbuddy(m): 1:39pm On Aug 18, 2018
Congratulations Bro, God bless you perpetually.
Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 18, 2018
Lol my current story..

Got a job with first ever interview...
Attended up to ten now... No show...

Coupled with the fact that someone I trusted so much broke me,

I'm getting depressed and suicidal over everything!

3 Likes

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 18, 2018
nathanjohn2808:
Let how I was able to manage seeing rejections every single week but still dress up and go for just another interview with same enthusiasm. But after each rejection I just smile and say, 'that was not meant for me, it was just preparatory class' and the mindset worked.
Thank God.

Never give up, never lose faith.
Congratulations! You're an inspiration! Do you mind me asking what kept your busy and your mind sane during this moment? How were you able to still save up energy and enthusiasm after each rejection?

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by barristerzinny(f): 1:39pm On Aug 18, 2018
degamonn:
Congratulations! As I share in your joy today, I know that mine is on its way soon. Though not fully unemployed, I am looking forward to getting a better one having applied to several places. The worst of it is that I have not been invited for interview for most of my applications. Congrats once again.
even me too, I have never been called for any interview. I pray God helps me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by 1234IKECHhukwu: 1:42pm On Aug 18, 2018
Agboki:
Bring ur 1st tithe 2 me 4 promotion.
Not just tithe but first fruit, (I mean his first salary).

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by WIXE(m): 1:43pm On Aug 18, 2018
I like spirit,, congrats bro

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by tunary(m): 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2018
Fortunate one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by qanda: 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2018
Congrats

DID YOU KNOW THAT….?

Two early adopters of Q and A App have jointly earned over N100,000 between April and July 2018. You too can earn passive income by distributing useful ebooks on Q and A App.

Create an additional stream of income by helping others find information and materials that are valuable and useful to them.

Be an early adopter. Don’t wait to join the Bandwagon.

Q and A App is an edtech App for sourcing and distributing educational and career resources. The content categories on the App include O’level, Professional Exams, Job Test, Undergraduate, Post graduate, Business/Career Resources.

Need help on how to start selling on Q and A App?

Download Q and A App from Playstore

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by qanda: 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2018
Good

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2018
30 assessments? 25 interviews sad

I hope the salary is up to 500k per month
Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by EmmyOD(m): 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2018
Congrats bro I share in ur testimony in Jesus name. My experience is somehow similar to urs but it's just dt in my case, am d one rejecting dier offer. They will just tell you dt ur salary will be in accordance with the public service salary scheme for your level by @ d end you find out its a lie. They don't really pay up to half of wat they claim of which, if you ➕ and ➖, you will see dt @ d end of d month, you will b left with nothing.
I bliv one day, I'll make a post like this....
But bro, if you can encourage me with N100 glo card(0905 990 0192), it will go a long way to boost my morale ooooo, lol

3 Likes

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Iamlibra: 1:47pm On Aug 18, 2018
Your story just restored hope to me.Bin home for almost a year after service without a job ain't joke.Thanks for d inspiration and congrats

4 Likes

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Anazp: 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2018
Acidosis:
In a working environment, getting a job, getting paid for a contract or a job well done, getting a visa, buying a car, etc. would not be testimonies.

I'm happy you got a job bro, but I'm also sad that normal events have become miracle/testimonies in Nigeria. Our fathers did not testify, they had options, some of them got good jobs on their graduation day. It is a job, a place you have to work and sweat. Employers should be testifying instead

sad sad
best quote ever

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Majlaw(m): 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2018
nathanjohn2808:
Some of you must have seen my previous post on how I lost several jobs, even after reaching final stage.
https://www.nairaland.com/4603604/reached-final-stages-3-major
After I posted this, I reached final stages of two more and it looked so sure but then again, I got rejection mail. Sometimes, the interviewers will tell me how impressed they were but still reject me.
I was getting fed up. Every single week for three months, I would travel for one interview or the other, sometimes, two in a day and it all comes down to nothing.
But I noticed a trend in my application, the companies just kept getting bigger, if a smaller company rejects me today, a bigger one will call me for interview and it just kept increasing until the best I applied. I reached final stage and was scared I will be rejected just like the others but eventually got accepted to the glory of God.

Let me give you my stats so you will understand better.

More than 50 applications
Over 30 assessment tests in 3 months
About 25 interviews in the 3 months
Over 100k spent in transport (for an unemployed somebody, this is huge)
Reached final stages for 6
Got one

So never give up, life may be directing you, to me, I felt they were all preparing me for my dream job, and hell yea they were. People were getting concerned for me, how I was able to manage seeing rejections every single week but still dress up and go for just another interview with same enthusiasm. But after each rejection I just smile and say, 'that was not meant for me, it was just preparatory class' and the mindset worked.
Thank God.

Congratulations Nathan.. Am really happy for you

2 Likes

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by resurgent2019: 2:01pm On Aug 18, 2018
Acidosis:
In a working environment, getting a job, getting paid for a contract or a job well done, getting a visa, buying a car, etc. would not be testimonies.

I'm happy you got a job bro, but I'm also sad that normal events have become miracle/testimonies in Nigeria. Our fathers did not testify, they had options, some of them got good jobs on their graduation day. It is a job, a place you have to work and sweat. Employers should be testifying instead

sad sad

See this one. Are you not in this Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Ixora4u: 2:02pm On Aug 18, 2018
please let me see how composed your CV is,and how or where you got the job links you've been applying for

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by tiso222(m): 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2018
Congratulations wishing u d very best in ur choice of career

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by mcvities(m): 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2018
Congrats Bro, Wish you well in your new job

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by DAntivirus: 2:04pm On Aug 18, 2018
congrats bro...

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by twerkjack: 2:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
If u had spent all day energy and money on starting ur own business you’d have been way better off dear

2 Likes

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by DAntivirus: 2:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
EmmyOD:
Congrats bro I share in ur testimony in Jesus name. My experience is somehow similar to urs but it's just dt in my case, am d one rejecting dier offer. They will just tell you dt ur salary will be in accordance with the public service salary scheme for your level by @ d end you find out its a lie. They don't really pay up to half of wat they claim of which, if you ➕ and ➖, you will see dt @ d end of d month, you will b left with nothing.
But bro, if you can encourage me with N100 glo card(0905 990 0192), it will go a long way to boost my morale ooooo, lol

If you had taken one of those jobs you claim to have been rejecting you won't be here begging for 100 naira...

7 Likes

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by kenex4ever(m): 2:08pm On Aug 18, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
30 assessments? 25 interviews sad

I hope the salary is up to 500k per month
and if it's not up to?

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by OmoAdebi(f): 2:11pm On Aug 18, 2018
Congratulations. May God also do it for me.

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Akalia(m): 2:12pm On Aug 18, 2018
EmmyOD:
But bro, if you can encourage me with N100 glo card(0905 990 0192), t will go a long way to boost my morale ooooo, lol
In view of the bolded, bro I would rather be under-employed than be unemployed. Please stop rejecting job offers because you don't have options. The offers may not befit you, consider the fact that the job could help you meet some pecuniary needs and offset outstanding debts; better you earn that peanut than stay broke and live off people's doll outs

3 Likes

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Timothyoj(m): 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2018
nathanjohn2808:
Some of you must have seen my previous post on how I lost several jobs, even after reaching final stage.
https://www.nairaland.com/4603604/reached-final-stages-3-major
After I posted this, I reached final stages of two more and it looked so sure but then again, I got rejection mail. Sometimes, the interviewers will tell me how impressed they were but still reject me.
I was getting fed up. Every single week for three months, I would travel for one interview or the other, sometimes, two in a day and it all comes down to nothing.
But I noticed a trend in my application, the companies just kept getting bigger, if a smaller company rejects me today, a bigger one will call me for interview and it just kept increasing until the best I applied. I reached final stage and was scared I will be rejected just like the others but eventually got accepted to the glory of God.

Let me give you my stats so you will understand better.

Congratulations bro, it shall be a lasting blessing and this would be the beginning of Gods blessings in your life.

Congratulations once again....1

More than 50 applications
Over 30 assessment tests in 3 months
About 25 interviews in the 3 months
Over 100k spent in transport (for an unemployed somebody, this is huge)
Reached final stages for 6
Got one

So never give up, life may be directing you, to me, I felt they were all preparing me for my dream job, and hell yea they were. People were getting concerned for me, how I was able to manage seeing rejections every single week but still dress up and go for just another interview with same enthusiasm. But after each rejection I just smile and say, 'that was not meant for me, it was just preparatory class' and the mindset worked.
Thank God.

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2018
kenex4ever:
and if it's not up to?
Nothing.
Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by marioken(m): 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2018
Please,the jobs you applied for did you see them on nairaland or any other job site please link me thru.

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2018
resurgent2019:

See this one. Are you not in this Nigeria?
He simply stated the truth. In sane climes, people don't make noise about jobs cos its a norm. You can set out to be whatever u want to be over there.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by iamtoby: 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2018
Congrats on your new job. Kindly share your CV with me. I will like to rework mine using your template. My email address is tobyfamutimi@yahoo.com. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by ezewealth(m): 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2018
Baba, pls i need your Cv too to rework mine, help a nrother out

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by sammirano: 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2018
Mankosi:
Nice
But don't waste such magnitude of time looking for job next time cos life is too short to be wasted like that.

What should he use the time for then? grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guaranty Trust Bank: Would You Rather Work With Them? / 20 Things To Observe When Searching For Job / Lagos State Primary Health Care Board Latest Job Recruitment (13 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.