Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,784 members, 7,806,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag (804 Views)

Russia's Massive World War 2 "Victory Day" Military Parade In Moscow (Pix, Vid) / Taliban ‘Victory Force’ Parade With US Tanks & Guns( Pix) / Donald Trump: "A Parade For Me In Nigeria, A Great Honor!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by Corpersgist: 8:02am On Aug 18, 2018
Source: Corpersgist.com

US President Donald Trump yesterday announced his cancellation of a military parade in Washington, DC after finding out the high cost.

“The local politicians who run Washington, DC (poorly) know a windfall when they see it,”Trump said in a statement a day after  the Pentagon announced that it would postpone the event for at least a year due to the price tag.

”When asked to give us a price for holding a great celebratory military parade, they wanted a number so ridiculously high that I cancelled it. Never let someone hold you up!” Trump said on his  Twitter handle.

The US President added that “maybe” the event would be held next year and stated that now the country can “buy some more jet fighters.”

Source: Corpersgist.com

Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by whitebeard(m): 8:04am On Aug 18, 2018
"Buy more fighter jets"

3 Likes

Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by Caseless: 8:06am On Aug 18, 2018
Trump is confused.

Music to my ears.

Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by Heartbender: 8:09am On Aug 18, 2018
Even me sef I shooketh. Buy from who, where, how? grin
whitebeard:
"Buy more fighter jets"
Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by bedspread: 8:10am On Aug 18, 2018
GOD BLESS DONALD TRUMP
Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by FarahAideed: 8:11am On Aug 18, 2018
Caseless:
Trump is confused.

Music to my ears.

He is confused but he has really grown the American economy but your dullard who u claim is not confused has don nothing till date
Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by Caseless: 8:25am On Aug 18, 2018
FarahAideed:

He is confused but He ha really grown the American economy but your dullard who up claim is not confused has don t nothing till date
grown which economy? Quit this kindergarten economic assessment.

Every indices pointed to the fact that the economy is good today because of policies of Obama. Even trump can't deny that.
Obama met a sinking economy and brought it out of doldrums. That he should take credit for. And that same reason is why we applaud Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by Afamed: 8:28am On Aug 18, 2018
FarahAideed:

He is confused but He ha really grown the American economy but your dullard who up claim is not confused has don t nothing till date
Always quoting out of order.
Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by Afamed: 8:30am On Aug 18, 2018
bedspread:
GOD BLESS DONALD TRUMP
Did he need the military parade in the first place?
Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by FarahAideed: 8:30am On Aug 18, 2018
Afamed:

Always quoting out of order.

Trump is not going anywhere but Buhari must go ..now get back to sleep

1 Like

Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by Nbote(m): 8:40am On Aug 18, 2018
Caseless:

Every indices pointed to the fact that the economy is good today because of policies of Obama. Even trump can't deny that.
Obama met a sinking economy and brought it out of doldrums. That he should take credit for. And that same reason is why we applaud Buhari.

Hehehehe.... Some of U are really funny... Hate him or luv him, Trump has actually surprised everyone despite his rather radical approach

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by TheShopKeeper(m): 9:29am On Aug 18, 2018
...Trump has no option than to cancel the military parade because it is not necessary...he can use the funds to build his dream wall across the mexican border or better still provide quality health care for the US armed forces veterans...

1 Like

Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by Afamed: 10:00am On Aug 18, 2018
Nbote:

Hehehehe.... Some of U are really funny... Hate him or luv him, Trump has actually surprised everyone despite his rather radical approach
It's high time he started to reason before he acts or talks. Didn't he not put the cost of a military parade into consideration before he asked for one? Or he asked for military parade out of share Jealous? Just because Trump was welcome in grand military demonstration particularly since he Visited Paris for last year Bastille day celebration which included a military parade. Abi you didn't know Trump only requested for military parade because of what he saw when he visited France last year.
Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by HzRF(m): 10:00am On Aug 18, 2018
Caseless:

Which indices

Kindly state the indices

I want to know?
Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by HajimeSaito(m): 11:58am On Aug 18, 2018
Caseless:

Applaud Dull-ardinho for a rising debt profile, more people going into poverty, naira losing 150% of its value, National Bureau of Statistics reporting high unemployment figures?
BMCs are as stupid as they are shameless.
Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by Lucasbalo(m): 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2018
FarahAideed:

He is confused but he has really grown the American economy but your dullard who u claim is not confused has don nothing till date
Hush your mouth. You are still foaming in the mouth about the Racist in Chief of America. Obama inherited a Depression from George W due to the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and created 20 million jobs in 8 years and he handed a good economy to Trump. Tell your god Trump to open the Abuja embassy so you can obtain a visa to US and i will host you in my house. Tired of making you an offer that you can not accept.
Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by FarahAideed: 2:26pm On Aug 18, 2018
Lucasbalo:
Hush your mouth. You are still foaming in the mouth about the Racist in Chief of America. Obama inherited a Depression from George W due to the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and created 20 million jobs in 8 years and he handed a good economy to Trump. Tell your god Trump to open the Abuja embassy so you can obtain a visa to US and i will host you in my house. Tired of making you an offer that you can not accept.

I see you have not repented even when many people of colour in America have ...I hope you have seen approval ratings among your fellow black Americans has risen to 36 percent from just 8 percent a year ago... Lucas you are enjoying Trump so that I hear you have been spending more at your nearest Wal-Mart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by Lucasbalo(m): 2:38pm On Aug 18, 2018
FarahAideed:

I see you have not repented even when many people of colour in America have ...I hope you have seen approval ratings among your fellow black Americans has risen to 36 percent from just 8 percent a year ago... Lucas you are enjoying Trump so that I hear you have been spending more at your nearest Wal-Mart
You never ceases to amaze me with your stupidity. Repented for what. You are a clown who knows nothing about the happenings here in US. Your tin god is losing his Orange Chia Pet hair due to the tapes being released by Omarosa. 200 more tapes to go. The most scandalous WH in American history and the Klan worshippers on Nairaland who can't even obtain a US visa are kneeling down before the Grand Dragon of KKK. About 36% of blacks in America supporting the Racist, it's 96% not 36%. That I truly know your brain needs recalibration.

1 Like

Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2018
Lucasbalo:
Tired of making you an offer that you can not accept.

Lucas, after much consideration, I have decided to accept your offer.

Get me a Russian International Passport with an Amerikan visa and I will visit you in Chicago at once. grin cheesy grin
Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by Lucasbalo(m): 7:18pm On Aug 18, 2018
Zoharariel:

Lucas, after much consideration, I have decided to accept your offer.

Get me a Russian International Passport with an Amerikan visa and I will visit you in Chicago at once. grin cheesy grin
I don't want you to come here and fall in love with $ and you will end up becoming an American.
Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by Lucasbalo(m): 6:53am On Aug 19, 2018
Caseless:

God bless you my brother. Keep schooling that big mouth who have no knowledge of how things work in america but will come on Nairaland making a fooool of himself.
Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by Donjazzy12(m): 7:09am On Aug 19, 2018
Caseless:
Trump is confused.

Music to my ears.
Na you dey confused. He focuses on priorities, you focus on frivolities! Fighter jets he says, you say celebration parade. Who is wiser?
Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by Afamed: 9:22am On Aug 19, 2018
FarahAideed:

Trump is not going anywhere but Buhari must go ..now get back to sleep
Even when you don't know the location of America Embassies in Nigeria.
Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by FarahAideed: 9:32am On Aug 19, 2018
Afamed:

Even when you don't know the location of America Embassies in Nigeria.

Is knowing the location of American embassy now an achievement..abeg tag you poverty mentality away from me .. Travelling is not a big deal in my lineage like it is in yours.. Behave man
Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by AZeD1(m): 11:07pm On Aug 21, 2018
Donjazzy12:

Na you dey confused. He focuses on priorities, you focus on frivolities! Fighter jets he says, you say celebration parade. Who is wiser?
Trump was the one that asked for a military parade.

Have you ever seen or heard of an American military parade before?

1 Like

Re: US President, Trump Cancels Military Parade Over Price Tag by Afamed: 6:50am On Aug 23, 2018
FarahAideed:

Is knowing the location of American embassy now an achievement..abeg tag you poverty mentality away from me .. Travelling is not a big deal in my lineage like it is in yours.. Behave man
Well done , American Green card holder

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump's Shithole Statement Against Africans Finally Explained / The Exact Moment Pelosi Ripped In Pieces Trump's Speech (photo) / The War In Ukraine Exposed The Weakness Of Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.