Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,733 members, 7,802,217 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Nigerian Customs Onne Command Intercepts Container Loaded With Military Gears - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Customs Onne Command Intercepts Container Loaded With Military Gears (370 Views)

Nigerian Customs Intercepts Vehicle Loaded With ₦71m Cash In Katsina State / Police, Army, DSS Arrested Kidnappers With Military Uniforms In Plateau State / Customs Intercepts Unauthorised Military Gears And Banned Drugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Customs Onne Command Intercepts Container Loaded With Military Gears by pweshboi(m): 10:24am On Aug 18, 2018
The pervading fear that 2019 election might be mared with violence higtened yesterday, as Port Harcourt Area 11, Onne Command of Nigeria Customs Service, has seized another container load of military combat fatigues.

The Cordinator, Zone C of the Service, Sanusi Umar, an Assistant Comptroller General, disclosed this in a statement in Port Harcourt on Thursday.

Umar said about 620 sets of military uniforms and 10,100 military T-shirts were seized this time by operatives of the command, revealing that the prime suspect connected with the importation has been arrested and presently undergoing interrogation.

He said: “We have gathered here today to once more to brief you on the ongoing investigation concerning container number MRSU 3040298 laden with military Camouflage Uniforms and Gears.

“After profiling the importer’s transactions, I am happy to inform you that we have arrested another container MRKU 4909151, (1×40ft) belonging to the same Company, Ehiogocho Nigerian Limited with Mr. Ongwatabo Jerry as the prime suspect.

“On examination, it was found to contain, 620 set of complete sewn military camouflages and caps, 10,100 pieces of inner Military T-shirts, 512 pairs of military jungles boats.

“The Mr. Ongwatabo Jerry is the sole importer that opens the Form M for the importation of these two containers. Let me inform Nigerians that importation of military wears by any individual or company is prohibited by Nigerian Law under the Customs and Excise Management Acts (CEMA).”

Meanwhile, the outgoing Comptroller of the area, Abubakar Bashir, has commended the efforts of the officer and men of the command on the achievements recorded during his tenure.

In his maiden address, the incoming area administrator, Comptroller Saidu Galadima, warned officers and men of the command against any act that would sabotage the war against anti-smuggling activities, adding that anyone caught would be published.

He said: “My major challenge is to measure up on the achievements of my predecessor. I will want to improve on what he has achieved.

“We will not have room to non-complaint traders; this will serve as deterrent to others to ensure that we achieve our mandate.”

(1) (Reply)

8 Years Old Boy Shot Himself While Playing With His Father's Gun / Cannabis Worth N6.6m Concealed Inside Palm Kernel, Intercepted In Niger State / Three Nigerian Nationals Living In Grambling And Texas Plead Guilty To Roles In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.