Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This (5034 Views)

Only Fools Say There’s No God, Jesus Turned My Shame To Celebration –Ooni Of Ife / Please Tell Us,how You Got The Thought "There Is No God Almighty / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Gggg102(m): 3:03pm On Aug 21, 2018
Glycolysis:

Science is all about logics !
And as it stands,your assertion is very very poor to assume that something came out of nothing in science...
And you assertion about big bang is very very wrong ! It's not proven & has many theory about it up for debate ever now & then..

Hence,why you can't use the same science logic to explain God !
God divination is beyond your mere brain cell & sciences observation & test..

Hence,the existence of God is not even up for debate !
You accept his exist or not,don't change anything about His divination !

your assertion is also poor that something is eternal in science.

big bang is still the most supported scientific explanation for the universe. and then, I was referring to the formation of molecules which as I said mostly have explanations.

you said it yourself. you can't use logic to prove god.
so god is also illogical. your assumption that god exists is poor in science.

actually this shows god existence is up for debate. your assertion that he exist is just an assumption in science since you cannot prove it.
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by orisa37: 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2018
lightblazingnow:
Joyful

To share their experience and to know and fear God, you get a Discerning Heart to act, interact and move.
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
Gggg102:

your assertion is also poor that something is eternal in science.

big bang is still the most supported scientific explanation for the universe. and then, I was referring to the formation of molecules which as I said mostly have explanations.

you said it yourself. you can't use logic to prove god.
so god is also illogical. your assumption that god exists is poor in science.

actually this shows god existence is up for debate. your assertion that he exist is just an assumption in science since you cannot prove it.
God existence has nothing to do with science ...
The problem is these,trying to use science initiative to prove God existence ...You can never explain the work of salvation,sanctification & Holyghost experience with science because science is too limited for that !
Trying to subject God's divination to control experiment...it's the most illogical thing I have seen & heard .
It never works & will never work !

Big bang is the scientific most accepted theory of how the earth came to be....
But can't you see it's flawed ...
You can't see it,right ?
Here is the situation ;
What happened before big bang ?
Science will not & can never prove that....they see it as illogical question to ask in science ..
Because it is believed that time started when big bang occurred ..
Nothing was before big bang ...so,science could only explain somethings after big bang occurred...
And these sound "logical" to you,right & you decide to accept it ! Good for you ....so much for logical reasoning..

Where did the big bang occur ?

No where has being figured out that such a phenomenon occurred in the universe ...no where !..
But it's still "logical " to you that it occurred... But the creation story sounds ridiculous ,right ?

The most debated concept in cosmology is the big bang ,but it's widely accepted because no other theory has close to 90% accuracy without defiling laws of physics....

Some scientist & atheist claims God can't be proven,then why can God be disproven ?

You can't disprove what has not being proven to you ...

And yes,God existence can be proven to you !After that experience, you will understand why I say mere science can't prove the devine nature of God...
It's a personal experience that I will promise you will change your life & believe system forever ! IF & I repeat,IF,you're willing for such experience..

Yea,I can also prove or disprove you have a car or not !...if you're willing to do the necessary...

Can we give it a go ?
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by lightblazingnow(m): 10:44pm On Aug 21, 2018
Yes you can
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Gggg102(m): 12:55am On Aug 22, 2018
Glycolysis:

God existence has nothing to do with science ...
The problem is these,trying to use science initiative to prove God existence ...You can never explain the work of salvation,sanctification & Holyghost experience with science because science is too limited for that !
Trying to subject God's divination to control Experiment...it's the most illogical thing I have seen & heard .
It never works & will never work !

Big bang is the scientific most accepted theory of how the earth came to be....
But can't you see it's flawed ...
You can't see it,right ?
Here is the situation ;
What happened before big bang ?
Science will not & can never prove that....they see it as illogical question to ask in science ..
Because it is believed that time started when big bang occurred ..
Nothing was before big bang ...so,science could only explain somethings after big bang occurred...
And these sound "logical" to you,right & you decide to accept it ! Good for you ....so much for logical reasoning..

Where did the big bang occur ?

No where has being figured out that such a phenomenon occurred in the universe ...no where !..
But it's still "logical " to you that it occurred... But the creation story sounds ridiculous ,right ?

The most debated concept in cosmology is the big bang ,but it's widely accepted because no other theory has close to 90% accuracy without defiling laws of physics....

Some scientist & atheist claims God can't be proven,then why can God be disproven ?

You can't disprove what has not being proven to you ...

And yes,God existence can be proven to you !After that experience, you will understand why I say mere science can't prove the devine nature of God...
It's a personal experience that I will promise you will change your life & believe system forever ! IF & I repeat,IF,you're willing for such experience..

Yea,I can also prove or disprove you have a car or not !...if you're willing to do the necessary...

Can we give it a go ?

god existence have nothing to do with science. you've said it yourself. that's all there is to say.
scientifically, god's existence is just a speculation. atheists subscribe to rationality and science and according to science does not give an answer to where the universe 'comes' from. science does not know and science is unequipped to know, yet science does not make any assumptions.
since no logic or science works outside the universe, any assumptions made outside science would be equally valid for either theists or atheist.

god can neither be proved or disproved rationally. I'm sure you agree with this. that's the main point. is your proof is not based on the rational, there is no telling if your claim is true or not. anything that seems irrational could be completely true, either that god exists or that the universe came from nothing.

saying it is illogical to say the universe came from god is as logical as saying it's illogical that the universe came from nothing.
science is limited, but science does not make assumptions beyond its limit.
that science is limited does not prove that there is god.

if you can prove god exists, then do so to the atheists. don't just make empty assertions.
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by IamTheAnswers: 1:54pm On Aug 22, 2018
Your brain needs to be renewed to grasp the New earth and New heaven being created
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2018
Gggg102:

god existence have nothing to do with science. you've said it yourself. that's all there is to say.
scientifically, god's existence is just a speculation. atheists subscribe to rationality and science and according to science does not give an answer to where the universe 'comes' from. science does not know and science is unequipped to know, yet science does not make any assumptions.
since no logic or science works outside the universe, any assumptions made outside science would be equally valid for either theists or atheist.

god can neither be proved or disproved rationally. I'm sure you agree with this. that's the main point. is your proof is not based on the rational, there is no telling if your claim is true or not. anything that seems irrational could be completely true, either that god exists or that the universe came from nothing.

saying it is illogical to say the universe came from god is as logical as saying it's illogical that the universe came from nothing.
science is limited, but science does not make assumptions beyond its limit.
that science is limited does not prove that there is god.

if you can prove god exists, then do so to the atheists. don't just make empty assertions.
Sorry ,I think we are on different page here...
god & God...
You're talking about god..
I'm talking about God....God of the Bible to be specific here.
Two different existence...
But if you want to bring on the predictable response I suspect,then we are totally offkey in these discussion..
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Gggg102(m): 6:51pm On Aug 22, 2018
Glycolysis:

god & God...
But if you want to bring on the predictable response I suspect,then we are totally offkey in these discussion..

my keypad doesn't automatically uppercase. you would also notice my sentences don't start with capital letters after fullstops. still you get the idea of what I'm talking about.

also the person that drew me into the discussion specifically said he isn't talking about Bible God.
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 22, 2018
Gggg102:

my keypad doesn't automatically uppercase. you would also notice my sentences don't start with capital letters after fullstops. still you get the idea of what I'm talking about.
No I don't get the idea,because it's different personality we are talking about here.
God & god are not the same..
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Gggg102(m): 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2018
Glycolysis:

No I don't get the idea,because it's different personality we are talking about here.
God & god are not the same..

also the person that drew me into the discussion specifically said he isn't talking about Bible God.
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Gggg102(m): 6:58pm On Aug 22, 2018
Glycolysis:
if you are interested in Bible God, hopefullandlord should be game.
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by hopefulLandlord: 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2018
Gggg102:

Where them dey?
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by hopefulLandlord: 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2018
Glycolysis:

god & God...

Let's go!
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Gggg102(m): 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Where them dey?

glycolysis, see someone that is ready to engage you about Yahweh.
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Gggg102(m): 7:03pm On Aug 22, 2018
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Challspace(m): 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2018
Shelumiel:
Nothing in life happens by chance. It defies logic . I am a man of logic .So now prove to me that all this is just by chance.

I’ve read through your thread and you just keep contradicting yourself over and over again.

First, when you say nothing happens by chance, it makes me wonder whether you’re just trolling at this point. Fact is, everything happens as a result of chance/luck. You wake up every morning because you’re lucky your body system didn’t shut down overnight. You type on your device because you are lucky your hands and/or brain (I doubt if yours is functional) still work. I could go on and on but you get the point (I’m not sure you will).

Second, if you say you are a man of logic and you believe in god and the supernatural, you either don’t know what “logic” means or you’re deceiving yourself.

Logic and spirituality are as contradictory as it gets!
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 22, 2018
Gggg102:

Lol...
Suddenly,you keyboard can capslock cheesy
Engage with him to debate the existence of God ?
We are not going to come to a concensus,even if we debate from now till next century....
My discussion with you centered on a point ;

HOW THE MERE OBSERVATIONAL & TEST PROCEDUREs IN SCIENCES CANT EXPLAIN GOD EXISTENCE & HIS WORK OF GRACE......

If he will pick from there ,let's go ahead ..

Hence,the existence of God in so *illogical* to many people out there....because of the methodology they are applying to explain God's existence is too limited for such process.

So does it mean He still doesn't exist ?

You can't use the Pascal principle of pressure to explain the law of independent assortment of genes ( Mendel second law of genetic ) ! It doesn't work that way....

I guess,he will see these...
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Gggg102(m): 7:56pm On Aug 22, 2018
Glycolysis:

Lol...
Suddenly,you keyboard can capslock cheesy
Engage with him to debate the existence of God ?
We are not going to come to a concensus,even if we debate from now till next century....
My discussion with you centered on a point ;

HOW THE MERE OBSERVATIONAL & TEST PROCEDUREs IN SCIENCES CANT EXPLAIN GOD EXISTENCE & HIS WORK OF GRACE......

If he will pick from there ,let's go ahead ..

Hence,the existence of God in so *illogical* to many people out there....because of the methodology they are applying to explain God's existence is too limited for such process.

So does it mean He still doesn't exist ?

You can't use the Pascal principle of pressure to explain the law of independent assortment of genes ( Mendel second law of genetic ) ! It doesn't work that way....

I guess,he will see these...

my keyboard can't capslock automatically, I had to do it manually.
mention him and ask.
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Shelumiel: 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2018
Challspace:

I’ve read through your thread and you just keep contradicting yourself over and over again.

First, when you say nothing happens by chance, it makes me wonder whether you’re just trolling at this point. Fact is, everything happens as a result of chance/luck. You wake up every morning because you’re lucky your body system didn’t shut down overnight. You type on your device because you are lucky your hands and/or brain (I doubt if yours is functional) still work. I could go on and on but you get the point (I’m not sure you will).

Second, if you say you are a man of logic and you believe in god and the supernatural, you either don’t know what “logic” means or you’re deceiving yourself.

Logic and spirituality are as contradictory as it gets!
I was waiting for a fool like you to come up with some pathetic excuse for something you yourself do not understand . But now that you are here , why not answer this question :when you throw a ball in the air , will it fall to the ground by chance or is it predestined to fall to the ground ? Now answer
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2018
Gggg102:

my keyboard can't capslock automatically, I had to do it manually.
mention him and ask.
OK bro...
..and do have a wonderful day .

1 Like

Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Gggg102(m): 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2018
Glycolysis:
OK bro... ..and do have a wonderful day .
sure thing and you also.

1 Like

Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Gggg102(m): 8:06pm On Aug 22, 2018
Glycolysis:

BTW, I agree that God(when non specific) cannot be proved/disproved with ordinary methods. although I'm divided when the God becomes specific and I'm sure hopefullandlord would disagree since Yahweh is described specifically in the Bible, and different forms of test and proofs are also described in it that can be tested today.
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Challspace(m): 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2018
Shelumiel:
I was waiting for a fool like you to come up with some pathetic excuse for something you yourself do not understand . But now that you are here , why not answer this question :when you throw a ball in the air , will it fall to the ground by chance or is it predestined to fall to the ground ? Now answer

My problem with you is your willingness to resort to profanities.

But to answer your question, YES! The ball will hit the ground as a result of chance. Chance that the laws of gravity will hold up at the time the ball is projected in the air, chance that someone does not catch the ball before it hits the ground, chance that an elevated platform does not impede the projectile’s deceleration before it’s velocity hits 0. Should I go on??
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 22, 2018
Gggg102:

BTW, I agree that God(when non specific) cannot be proved/disproved with ordinary methods. although I'm divided when the God becomes specific and I'm sure hopefullandlord would disagree since Yahweh is described specifically in the Bible, and different forms of test and proofs are also described in it that can be tested today.
What were the test & proofs that could be used to "test & prove" supernatural being (Yahweh) in our contemporary world ?
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Gggg102(m): 8:35pm On Aug 22, 2018
Glycolysis:

What were the test & proofs that could be used to "test & prove" supernatural being (Yahweh) in our contemporary world ?

the miracles his followers were promised to be able to do, the show of power associated with his prophets...
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 22, 2018
Gggg102:

the miracles his followers were promised to be able to do, the show of power associated with his prophets...
Excellent !
The miracle His prophet are to perform is it a prove to validate or invalidate the existence of a supernatural being ?
Because the last time I checked,even spiritualists do "miracles" & signs with wonders..

I will agree that the show of miracles & wonders validate the point that a supernatural being exist ;
Either with a wrong motive or with a good motive...

The prove of a supernatural being inthe Bible goes beyond that....
When we talk about the walk of salvation,sanctification & Holyspirit baptism..those are the three concepts that actually validate the existence of a supernatural being with Good intentions for the souls of men...but as the issue is,sciences can't explain such experience....
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Gggg102(m): 8:47pm On Aug 22, 2018
Glycolysis:

I really don't get your drift ,sir..
The miracle His prophet are to perform is it a prove to validate or invalidate the existence of a supernatural being ?
Because the last time I checked,even spiritualists do "miracles" & signs with wonders..

I will agree that the show of miracles & wonders validate the point that a supernatural being exist ;
Either with a wrong motive or with a good motive...

The prove of a supernatural being inthe Bible goes beyond that....
When we talk about the walk of salvation,sanctification & Holyspirit baptism..those are the three concepts that actually validate the existence of a supernatural being with Good intentions for the souls of men...but as the issue is,sciences can't explain such experience....

show of signs would help confirm that people aren't just making stuff up.
as for the message, you'll have to prove that the doctrine is true.
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2018
Gggg102:

show of signs would help confirm that people aren't just making stuff up.
as for the message, you'll have to prove that the doctrine is true.
Sorry, I have modified the comment,after I read your message again,& figured out your point..

Yea,you're absolutely right on that....
But I strongly believe signs & miracles can't save the soul...
It validate the point that a supernatural being should exist ...
But the puzzle is these ;
Which is the true God (s)among the many that are being presented to us ?
And I think my answer will be these ;
Any of the God that could carry out these three work of grace ;
-salvation
-sanctification &
- Holyspirit baptism...

Speaking from my personal experience....
Others could also have thier own views & opinion..
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Gggg102(m): 9:09pm On Aug 22, 2018
Glycolysis:

Sorry, I have modified the comment,after I read your message again,& figured out your point..

Yea,you're absolutely right on that....
But I strongly believe signs & miracles can't save the soul...
It validate the point that a supernatural being should exist ...
But the puzzle is these ;
Which is the true God (s)among the many that are being presented to us ?
And I think my answer will be these ;
Any of the God that could carry out these three work of grace ;
-salvation
-sanctification &
- Holyspirit baptism...

Speaking from my personal experience....
Others could also have thier own views & opinion..

your answer is biased as you are a Christian. a Muslim bias will make him say the true god is the one that calls humanity to submission for example. other religions would not agree that the true religion is based on salvation, sanctification and holyspirit baptism. it would follow this format.
X says the true religion is the religion that teaches (insert X's religion's doctrines). every religion would claim their doctrine is true, so unless you have a way to prove your doctrine true and theirs false, it would be word against word.
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 22, 2018
Gggg102:

your answer is biased as you are a Christian. a Muslim bias will make him say the true god is the one that calls humanity to submission for example. other religions would not agree that the true religion is based on salvation, sanctification and holyspirit baptism. it would follow this format.
X says the true religion is the religion that teaches (insert X's religion's doctrines). every religion would claim their doctrine is true, so unless you have a way to prove your doctrine true and theirs false, it would be word against word.
I guess you saw were I said from my personal experience ,right ?
I could only speak for the one I know,which I stated clearly ,that others could also have their views & opinions too....

But,can YOU,without doubt,agree that a supernatural being (s) does exist ?
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Gggg102(m): 9:18pm On Aug 22, 2018
Glycolysis:

I guess you saw were I said from my personal experience ,right ?
I could only speak for the one I know,which I stated clearly ,that others could also have their views & opinions too....

But,can YOU,without doubt,agree that a supernatural being (s) does exist ?

not without a doubt, bit I accept the possibility of the supernatural.
Re: If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 22, 2018
Gggg102:

not without a doubt, bit I accept the possibility of the supernatural.
OK....I do appreciate your openness & sincerity here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Christ Is The Solution To All Problems / Can God Resurrect A Beheaded Person? / What Do Negroes Hope To Achieve By Claiming To Be Jews/israelites?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.