Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? (4633 Views)

Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family / Man Brings Home His 11yr Old Secret Son To His Wife Of 13yrs (pics/video) / Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2018
Two days ago, I had a lengthy discussion with few friends. we talked about everything, ranging from family, relationships to trivial matters. In the course of the discussion, one of them chipped in a question which struck my senses. Thus, this pushed me into bringing it here. I hope I find intelligible answers to this mystery. He said;

I've been at loggerheads with my girl. Since we started our relationship, my life has been stagnant, and not even in parts but wholly.

Since we began, my religious life has been in a sorry state, my business has failed to flourish. In totality, I'll say she has been nothing but 'Bad-luck'. That statement was bewildering. I found, and still find it hard to believe that he could be so myopic.

Now, the hazy question which hasn't ceased to recur is; The notion that people (In relationships) bring Bad-luck/Good-luck, is it true/false?

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2018
I don’t believe in that, but if you want to have girlfriend, is not okay for the girl to be staying overnight in your house everyday even u wont know where to target your prayers if she’s sleeping in your house overnight everyday.

3 Likes

Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by hisgrace090: 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2018
Its true!
Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 18, 2018
It's only ignorant Nigerians and Africans who have such beliefs, always trying to blame their misfortunes on another instead of accepting responsibility for their own actions.

12 Likes

Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2018
adetoroamos:
I don’t believe in that, but if you want to have girlfriend, is not okay for the girl to be staying overnight in your house everyday even u wont know where to target your prayers if she’s sleeping in your house overnight everyday.

Lol. So, what're you saying in essence?
That every girl is a stumbling block?
Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2018
hisgrace090:
Its true!

Just this? No backings?
Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2018
Quiescere:
It's only ignorant Nigerians and Africans who have such beliefs, always trying to blame their misfortunes on another instead of accepting responsibility for their own actions.

Lol. It hasn't ceased to amaze me as how myopic he could be. He's an enlightened person, so I was disappointed.

No one brings anyone Ill-luck/Goodluck. I refuse to conform to that belief.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by Wilfredpat22(f): 4:02pm On Aug 18, 2018
Most of we women carry the Badluck in our body and dump it on a innocent man. And it is not as if we are working or providing anything for the house hold. Our own is to cook food, clean the house, wash his clothes, watch telemundo, chat with endless men on WhatsApp, Facebook, Instamessage, and open our pinky hole for anyone who flashes 2000naira or drives a Benz

Seriously We women are write- offs in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
Most of we women carry the Badluck in our body and dump it on a innocent man. And it is not as if we are working or providing anything for the house hold. Our own is to cook food, clean the house, wash his clothes, watch telemundo, chat with endless men on WhatsApp, Facebook, Instamessage, and open our pinky hole for anyone who flashes 2000naira or drives a Benz

Lol. Are you sure you're a woman?
You spew negative energy. smiley

Speak only for yourself, and not women in general. Even what you said doesn't correlate with the topic. Be positive.

21 Likes

Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 18, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Lol. Are you sure you're a woman?
You spew negative energy. smiley

Speak only for yourself, and not women in general. Even what you said doesn't correlate with the topic. Be positive.

What were you doing on my thread again?

What have I done to you that you can't just stop insulting me?

Did I promise you marriage?
Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:15pm On Aug 18, 2018
Elder001:

What were you doing on my thread again?

What have I done to you that you can't just stop insulting me?

Did I promise you marriage?

Is this your point?

Oh. I forgot. You're always clueless.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 18, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Is this your point?
Oh. I forgot. You're always clueless.
Are you sure you know the meaning of the word "clueless"?
You won't like me if you try that childish stuff with me again.

Just fvcking grow up.
Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2018
Elder001:

Are you sure you know the meaning of the word "clueless"?

You won't like me if you try that childish stuff with me again.

Just fvcking grow up.

Don't deviate this thread. Carry your negative energy go. The only thing you can do is report me to get banned, just like you did for Mimi.

Dey go sha. We will see later. wink
Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Don't deviate this thread. Carry your negative energy go. The only thing you can do is report me to get banned, just like you did for Mimi.

Dey go sha. We will see later. wink

Mehn.. something is wrong with you.

I hope you're not like this in real life sha.. you need serious stuff because you're missing it.
Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by dollytino4real(f): 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2018
yes. ur friend can make u or break u, my bishop oyedepo said'friendship is by choice not by force'
Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by LordKO(m): 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2018
Yes. It's a universal known fact, mainly by innate metaphysicians and spiritual but not religious people, who're in tune with their subconscious. Some people usually emanates negative energy - corrupt energy - with or without knowing, and once they come around you or into your life (either temporary or permanent) your life starts a downward trend - not necessarily financial-wise. The belief has nothing to do with neither one being myopic nor African. The good thing is that the condition is redeemable.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by dbynonetwork: 8:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

I never new it was pinky...

1 Like

Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2018
dollytino4real:
yes. ur friend can make u or break u, my bishop oyedepo said'friendship is by choice not by force'

Lol. You're deviating from the topic.
Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:23pm On Aug 18, 2018
LordKO:
Yes. It's a universal known fact, mainly by innate metaphysicians and spiritual but not religious people, who're in tune with their subconscious. Some people usually emanates negative energy - corrupt energy - with or without knowing, and once they come around you or into your life (either temporary or permanent) your life starts a downward trend - not necessarily financial-wise. The belief has nothing to do with neither one being myopic nor African. The good thing is that the condition is redeemable.

Thanks for the detailed comment.

Did you say redeemable? How can the condition be warded off?
Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by dollytino4real(f): 9:35pm On Aug 18, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Lol. You're deviating from the topic.
yes bad luck is breaking u, while make u is good luck
Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by ennon92(m): 10:24pm On Aug 18, 2018
All i can say is one needs to becareful when choosing a life partner.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by yvelchstores(f): 11:12pm On Aug 18, 2018
I DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING IS IN THE BIBLE.

OP, OF COURSE IT'S TRUE

Joseph came to work in potiphas house and potipha experienced increase.
Same happened to lot, just by association with Abraham.
Other instances in the Bible also.

Of course the reverse is also possible.

HOWEVER, THERE IS NO LUCK. U ARE EITHER BLESSED OR CURSED.

5 Likes

Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by LordKO(m): 11:29pm On Aug 18, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Thanks for the detailed comment.

Did you say redeemable? How can the condition be warded off?

Step of warding off the condition requires self-reverse to default - this can be achieved through periodic solitary (not alienation from others) and embrace of diplomatic ethical leanings - constant and altruistic acts of philanthropy, channelled towards the needy, being part of the embrace.

6 Likes

Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:42pm On Aug 18, 2018
dollytino4real:
yes bad luck is breaking u, while make u is good luck

Lol. Thanks for your input.
Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:46pm On Aug 18, 2018
yvelchstores:
I DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING IS IN THE BIBLE.

OP, OF COURSE IT'S TRUE

Joseph came to work in potiphas house and potipha experienced increase.
Same happened to lot, just by association with Abraham.
Other instances in the Bible also.

Of course the reverse is also possible.

HOWEVER, THERE IS NO LUCK. U ARE EITHER BLESSED OR CURSED.

I'm talking about real life, BAE and not some Biblical character.
I could rather say the cause for such dwindle could be that their energies do not match.
Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:52pm On Aug 18, 2018
LordKO:

Step of warding off the condition requires self-reverse to default - this can be achieved through periodic solitary (not alienation from others) and embrace of diplomatic ethical leanings - constant and altruistic acts of philanthropy, channelled towards the needy, being part of the embrace.

Oh, I see. In comprehension, Philanthropy is the key to breaking off this energy?

Have you ever thought, in the course of this 'Dwindle' happening, could it just be that their energies do not tally?
Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:53pm On Aug 18, 2018
ennon92:
All i can say is one needs to becareful when choosing a life partner.

Oh. I see. Have you ever been in such situation?
Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by yvelchstores(f): 6:16am On Aug 19, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

I'm talking about real life, BAE and not some Biblical character.
I could rather say the cause for such dwindle could be that their energies do not match.
the Bible is more real than u and I. Pls don't repeat such statement again. U were made from the word of God. The writings in the Bible are not stories but reality. The word of God is living and active so it has no expiration. Nothing in this world is more real than God's word. Pls note.

10 Likes

Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by Goddyss(m): 7:54am On Aug 19, 2018
@OP, I am a philosopher and rationalist but I must tell you that we are in a world where everything is independent and interconnected to everything else.

A good friend of mine had a remarkable experience which I confirmed to serve as an answer to you. There was a particular runs babe he usually had sex with for prosperity. Any day he had sex with this babe, he would received favours and had a massive sales of his products.

As he intimated us of this development, other guys also had a taste of the girl and experienced the reward and I happened to be one of those guys. I won 250,000 on bet9ja the week I had a taste and I was amazed that weeks later I decided to woo and make the girl a permanent serious gf. Unfortunately, one of my friends who also got his rewards had proposed to the girl and printed wedding invitations.

I was very angry with the guy likewise other of my friends. We tried to see that the marriage didn't hold so that we continued to be having a taste perhaps sharing her among ourselves but it didn't work out.

After the marriage, the husband started prospering massively in business. He is now a major importer of products in his line of business.

We are more than biological beings. Some of us have untarnishable star of wealth in our aura that whosoever comes within our energy field through s3x pertakes in it.

While some girls are abundance of goodluck and blessing irrespective of their moral inclinations and decency, some other girls are abundance of badluck irrespective of their decency and religious inclinations. Life is deeper than we envisage. I could say more but let me stop here

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:13am On Aug 19, 2018
yvelchstores:
the Bible is more real than u and I. Pls don't repeat such statement again. U were made from the word of God. The writings in the Bible are not stories but reality. The word of God is living and active so it has no expiration. Nothing in this world is more real than God's word. Pls note.

Roger that, ma'am. I'll be careful from now on. Thanks for your input.

1 Like

Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 19, 2018
yvelchstores:

The bible is an ancient Hebrew myth turned into a base for religion by catholics.

The bible is self contradictory in many areas.

1 Like

Re: Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? by cyrielo(m): 1:06pm On Aug 19, 2018
Well it is not at all true and it has nothing to do with religion/ spirituality at all. Let me give an instance.

A very smart, matured and intelligent lady came into my life, she's very much a realist and prefers to face things heads on, makes decisions with her head and not with her heart. She is successful and fully independent and very ambitious.

Spending every morning and every night with her, she influenced my thought process, I observed how my decision became more objective and affected my priorities and loads of positive result.

On the other hand, I've also spent sometime with a lady with an entirely different energy and priorities which sort of conflicted with my own personality and then I quit because I knew I was going to make decisions I would regret.

In the end, the people you spend time with have the power to influence your thought process, making you a miserable person or a better person.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Did The Strike Affect Family Life? / You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. / My Father Thinks Im Evil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.