Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,907 members, 7,799,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Has Anyone Experience This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Has Anyone Experience This? (1163 Views)

What Becomes Of Unclaimed Corpses In The Mortuary? ( my experience this morning) / Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? / HUSBANDS ONLY: Do y'all experience this same thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Experience This? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2018
My baby is 3 months and 2 weeks old. But she is smaller compared to her age-mates. We have been to hospital, we have some recommendations by older parents. this is our first baby and we are so much worried. some people said there are some children like that but I have not seen anything like it before. we have been to hospitals and they said we should continue giving her her medication. But she is still so small.
Although some people say its normal that she will start gaining weight and size later.
we have introduced 'food' for since her second months but still the same.

Please has anyone experience this before or has seen it in babies?
Re: Has Anyone Experience This? by tee59(f): 5:33pm On Aug 18, 2018
Yes, it is normal and the baby will grow with time. The mother must eat good and nutritious foods always since she is still breastfeeding her. The thing could also be in your genes. May be one of you parent was like that when given birth to. It will become history soon. I have seen babies like that.
Re: Has Anyone Experience This? by Eketem: 5:45pm On Aug 18, 2018
MykOnyxo:
My baby is 3 months and 2 weeks old. But she is smaller compared to her age-mates. We have been to hospital, we have some recommendations by older parents. this is our first baby and we are so much worried. some people said there are some children like that but I have not seen anything like it before. we have been to hospitals and they said we should continue giving her her medication. But she is still so small.
Although some people say its normal that she will start gaining weight and size later.
we have introduced 'food' for since her second months but still the same.

Please has anyone experience this before or has seen it in babies?

Please which hospital did you go to that told you to give drugs to a 2 month old baby for weight gain? Real hospital or killer maternity home?

Why is a 3 month old baby being given food? Please see a qualified paediatrician in a general or teaching hospital not all these quacks that will give you concoctions and God forbid make your baby develop complications.

Please stop giving her concoctions go to a real hospital and see a real doctor for kids

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Experience This? by realtalk19: 8:57pm On Aug 18, 2018
Stop comparing your baby to other kids.you will be shocked that a small baby is more healthier than a thick fat baby. As long as the child is fed healthy and well and taking the right diets(breast milk or formula) you ar ok. I guess your baby took after the small stature from ur husband's Gene or yours.

If your child has 'eela' or 'oka' then you need herbs to cure it so your child can be releaved
Re: Has Anyone Experience This? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 19, 2018
tee59:
Yes, it is normal and the baby will grow with time. The mother must eat good and nutritious foods always since she is still breastfeeding her. The thing could also be in your genes. May be one of you parent was like that when given birth to. It will become history soon. I have seen babies like that.

Yeah,,, my mum once mentioned it. said she was small too... thanks a lot I appreciate this God bless
Re: Has Anyone Experience This? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 19, 2018
Eketem:

Please which hospital did you go to that told you to give drugs to a 2 month old baby for weight gain? Real hospital or killer maternity home?

Why is a 3 month old baby being given food? Please see a qualified paediatrician in a general or teaching hospital not all these quacks that will give you concoctions and God forbid make your baby develop complications.

Please stop giving her concoctions go to a real hospital and see a real doctor for kids

thank you.
the medicine is not weight gain medicine. it the medicine that was recommended to us by one of the general hospital my wife visited.
the food is not eba or rice. it's formula the specific one that was recommended to us.
thanks a lot.
Re: Has Anyone Experience This? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 19, 2018
realtalk19:
Stop comparing your baby to other kids.you will be shocked that a small baby is more healthier than a thick fat baby. As long as the child is fed healthy and well and taking the right diets(breast milk or formula) you ar ok. I guess your baby took after the small stature from ur husband's Gene or yours.

If your child has 'eela' or 'oka' then you need herbs to cure it so your child can be releaved

thank you very much I appreciate your comment.
she had both eela and oka. we have cured both.
Re: Has Anyone Experience This? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 19, 2018
Thanks all. I appreciate all your replies. they have done justice to my worries. God bless you all.
Re: Has Anyone Experience This? by Redoil: 2:36pm On Aug 19, 2018
realtalk19:

what is eela or oka
Re: Has Anyone Experience This? by lilioj: 2:57pm On Aug 19, 2018
Then again you should be concerned about her weight not her size, there is a weight range all babies should attain as they grow . If you are on Facebook pls join the 'Ask the Peadiatricians' group there are qualified doctors you can throw your questions at and won't hesitate to answer you, also almost every topic relating to child health care have been discussed. All your fears will be allayed with the right source of information.
Re: Has Anyone Experience This? by Eketem: 3:23pm On Aug 19, 2018
MykOnyxo:

thank you.
the medicine is not weight gain medicine. it the medicine that was recommended to us by one of the general hospital my wife visited.
the food is not eba or rice. it's formula the specific one that was recommended to us.
thanks a lot.

Praying for you and your family, every parent will be concerned about their child's health. May she get better and stronger but please try to see a paediatrician
Re: Has Anyone Experience This? by Frankicent(m): 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2018
Are you a Yoruba man?
Re: Has Anyone Experience This? by ImaIma1(f): 6:45pm On Aug 19, 2018
MykOnyxo:
Thanks all. I appreciate all your replies. they have done justice to my worries. God bless you all.

When you say small, how do you mean? Is she below the expected weight for her age or is it based on comparison with other children?

I used to complain that my baby was small too cos i wanted a chubby baby. But my older ones made me understand that i was a smallie too. Besides, my baby is very strong and developing in all areas as she should despite her lepa body.

And please stop paying attention to people that complain. Just love your baby and make sure she is ok.
Re: Has Anyone Experience This? by realtalk19: 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2018
Redoil:
what is eela or oka

Its a kind of skin irritation that mostly occurs in babies that has tendencies of being chubby or very fair babies so instead of adding weight the irritation prevents the child from weight gain and leaves reddish painful rashes mostly on the skin or private part of babies

The 'oka' is invisible but you will see traces when a full hair suddenly chops off either in front or at the back and it's usually obvious.
Re: Has Anyone Experience This? by realtalk19: 7:36pm On Aug 19, 2018
MykOnyxo:

thank you very much I appreciate your comment.
she had both eela and oka. we have cured both.

Sometimes it reoccurs and sometimes it may just be nature of the baby.the child will add weight naturally. Don't panic

(1) (Reply)

Adult Education & The Family / Can You evict a Tenant Because Of This? / A Passionate Appeal To You All; I Urgently Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.