Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,417 members, 7,808,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg (24852 Views)

Buhari Looks Sporty As He Inaugurates The 12th Naval Games In Lagos / Buhari Looks Like Jonathan - Jamila Abubakar / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by semyman: 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2018
Wailers get ready for more wailing till 2023

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by Humblega(m): 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2018
U dont need a rocket science to predict that. When d hand written is already on d wall.

D only threat PMb has is PDP and everyone is expecting an intra-party enmity to destroy in in coming month.

*How will u tell atiku dat saraki just came frm no where to win their presidential ticket

** how will u tell saraki dat after confronting all ds wahala he is not choosing

** How will u tell kwakwasho and Tambuwal dat despite going through d risk of being stone at home dey are ignore

*** how will u tell markafi dat fought teeth and nail with sheriff to just forget d ticket.

Hope u guys started noticing dat all pastor and election pundit predictions are tending toward him nw. Today alone , man dat predicted otedola bridge inferno and bloomberg.

I am repeating this: Buhari will defeat a whole pdp presidential aspirant, even if inec allows their join ticheck

Mark it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2018
Only iPod and wailers think otherwise

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by contigiency(m): 7:04pm On Aug 18, 2018
We know for sure. Even when PDP agents started parading fake news that international community were presuring him not to contest, I didn't waste time to quash it because where such news was coming from was never in doubt.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by yazach: 7:04pm On Aug 18, 2018
dignity33:
CAN SOMEONE DIVIDE THIS COUNTRY BECAUSE I KNOW MY PEOPLE CAN NEVER CELEBRATE A FALUIRE LIKE THIS PEOPLE ALL WAYS DO, GOD PLEASE I KNOW YOU ARE LISTENING TO ME.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by semyman: 7:05pm On Aug 18, 2018
Nigeria can not be in better trusted hands than Buhari's else they will reloot every every

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by yazach: 7:05pm On Aug 18, 2018
Pierced:
U mean winning by rigging and buying votes.........right?

Beacause no sane Nigerian.......living in Nigeria.........will vote him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by yazach: 7:07pm On Aug 18, 2018
Baawaa:
As a matter of fact, Buhari did not have opposition but enemies grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
SAI BABA till 2023

Guy if na play make we stop am

We go amend the Constitution

BUHARI till Nigeria is one of the best country in the world

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:08pm On Aug 18, 2018
Funny and interesting....
Kuku tell us that fishes live inside water or that you see Badoo smoking Igbo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by ozaovehe(m): 7:16pm On Aug 18, 2018
midolian:
Earlier today on another thread, a deluded nairalandler made the comment quoted below..and few hours later, we are hearing a different song from Bloomberg grin cheesy

See your life? grin grin
U get their time

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by AngelicBeing: 7:16pm On Aug 18, 2018
modath:

It's called unmerited Favor.
It is also called Grace cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by seunmsg(m): 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2018
Pierced:
U mean winning by rigging and buying votes.........right?

Beacause no sane Nigerian.......living in Nigeria.........will vote him.

No sane Nigerian who lived through the corrupt years of Jonathan administration will vote PDP back to power.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by Tonimagnificent: 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2018
yns4real:
Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari’s party may be wracked by defections and his battles against corruption and an Islamist rebellion under fire, but he has one crucial advantage in securing re-election: incumbency.

The 75-year-old leader is going to need all the tools available to repeat his 2015 victory — the first time an opposition party won power at the ballot box in Africa’s biggest oil producer. At his disposal, analysts say, is a record with some policy successes, as well as the state power to reward or punish.

Buhari “seems prepared to deploy the institutions of state to his advantage,” said Clement Nwankwo, executive director of the Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre in the capital, Abuja. “It’s kind of a plan to beat people into line.”

Buhari — who was briefly Nigeria’s military ruler in the 1980s — will be fighting against perceptions the country hasn’t gotten any safer nor less corrupt during his tenure. A promise to shatter Boko Haram’s northern Islamist insurgency may have been partly fulfilled, but inter-communal violence has replaced it as Nigeria’s deadliest threat. Nigeria’s corruption perception ranking soared this year despite a much-touted war on graft.

Buhari is benefiting from a recovering economy with rising crude prices after a 2016 recession triggered by the sharp fall in the price of the commodity that is the country’s main export. Foreign-exchange reforms by the government have helped to stabilize the naira. Inflation decelerated for the 18th straight month in July as food prices climbed at the slowest rate since March 2016.

Improved Economy

“Oil output has been fairly steady and prices are better than anticipated,” said Antony Goldman, West Africa analyst at London-based PM Consulting. “Economic fundamentals are better than when Buhari was elected.”

When the head of the Senate, Bukola Saraki — Nigeria’s third-most powerful politician — joined more than 50 APC members in leaving for the opposition People’s Democratic Party over the past month, the reaction was swift. First his home was blockaded; days later security officers barred entry to the legislature itself. It’s an exodus that Buhari needs stemmed if he’s to keep afloat a party with a campaign machine spanning Africa’s most populous nation of almost 200 million people.

The PDP said the move was an attempt to smuggle in Buhari loyalists and remove Saraki, who’d adjourned sittings until late September. Amid public outrage, the government and APC condemned the deployment as unconstitutional and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, who’s acting head of state while Buhari’s overseas, dismissed the state security chief.

‘Damage Control’

“It was a crucial act of damage control by the acting president,” said Nwankwo.

Saraki said he’s considering challenging for Buhari’s job in the coming vote on the platform of the PDP, as the country needs a business-friendly leadership that is currently lacking.

Buhari’s war on corruption gives him a way to coerce his opponents, according to Cheta Nwanze, an analyst at Lagos-based business advisory, SBM Intelligence.

Buhari signed an executive order in July empowering him to freeze the bank accounts of those implicated in graft investigations. The opposition says that it will be used to punish defectors, undermines Nigeria’s courts and violates the principle of presumption of innocence.

Critics point to the case of Benue state Governor Samuel Ortom. Shortly after he left the ruling party for the PDP, the Buhari-controlled financial crimes agency moved in to freeze Benue state’s bank accounts, citing a corruption investigation. Ortom’s office has asked why the probe only happened once the governor had left the APC.

‘Concrete Achievements’

Buhari has other elements in his favor. Amaka Anku, an Africa analyst at Washington D.C.-based risk advisers Eurasia Group, pointed to national railway lines and a metro system in the capital completed during his first term.

“Buhari will have concrete achievements to point to on the campaign trail,” she said.

The president may also get a boost from the opposition’s disunity. Still to name a presidential candidate, the PDP has at least a dozen would-be contenders.

While former President Olusegun Obasanjo — a powerful voice — is campaigning against Buhari’s re-election, he’s also, due to long-standing differences, opposed to the candidacy of his former deputy, Atiku Abubakar. A northerner, like Buhari, who may be able to win support on the incumbent’s home turf, Abubakar is widely seen as the only challenger proposing coherent policies.

“Compared to 2015, the president has lost some support, but the challenge for the opposition will be to win that support,” Goldman said. “The PDP is still in search of a personality to unite the party.”

http://pmexpressng.com/buhari-looks-good-win-2019-election-says-bloomberg/

all dis politicians jumping from APC to PDP and PDP to APC, please stop confusing d thunder da d masses sent to fire u. abeg stay one place cox d package has bin paid in full.......

GET YOUR PVC.
LET YOUR VOTE COUNT.
Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by Printerscanner: 7:21pm On Aug 18, 2018
dignity33:
CAN SOMEONE DIVIDE THIS COUNTRY BECAUSE I KNOW MY PEOPLE CAN NEVER CELEBRATE A FALUIRE LIKE THIS PEOPLE ALL WAYS DO, GOD PLEASE I KNOW YOU ARE LISTENING TO ME.

Bring your family member who is not a failure to come and contest against the people's general. Nigeria shall never be divided. When your thieving brother Goatluck was there looting and sharing you did not divide the country. If you and your fellow miscreants try any nonsense, the Nigerian Police will use you for shooting practice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by sko(m): 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2018
Very poor.
Bloomberg can never go so low.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by Idrismusty97(m): 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2018
Honestly it's pretty obvious even to those who aren't supporting Buhari and the PDP. They can only make noise but they already know their fate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by DKM123: 7:23pm On Aug 18, 2018
I wonder how many BMC workers have their work station on nairaland. You guys will sure produce good results. Our people on nairaland are so gullible. It will be a very easy task. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Those recruited to work on social media sites like twitter quora and Facebook naim go hear am.... I don't envy them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by Printerscanner: 7:25pm On Aug 18, 2018
nNEOo:
How is it possible that buhari is the president of almost 100 million educated youths....

How did he do it, how?
How is he still the president of almost 100 million youths, how?
How's is it possible that Bloomberg thinks he might still get elected next year, how? How the hell is it possible.

Pls that slowpoke should remove that "thing" on top of my post.

Don't die of frustration yet, wait till Buhari wins 2019 election, then you can drink Sniper Insecticide and then jump in front of a fast moving train. You lazy Nigerian youth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by BruncleZuma: 7:28pm On Aug 18, 2018
So I have gone to Bloomberg and read the piece which credits Buhari with a metro train in the capital... grin grin grin grin mehn BMC no get work.

The author of that piece is a journalist not a political analyst, please celebrate the right things not shallow opinions of a journalist who has never seen Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by obowunmi(m): 7:29pm On Aug 18, 2018
BokoHoram and Fulani Herdsmen Terrorists.....
Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 18, 2018
midolian:
Earlier today on another thread, a deluded nairalandler made the comment quoted below..and few hours later, we are hearing a different song from Bloomberg grin cheesy

See your life? grin grin

chai
You wicked grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by SadMemories(m): 7:34pm On Aug 18, 2018
it's just an opinion not a final verdict. for the sake of reality a nation ruled by a sickler and sentimental leader can never be healthy in any aspect.
Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 18, 2018
HoluwarTohbar:
I can only imagine how his post rattled you.
bla bla bla
Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 18, 2018
Take that wailers. Bloomberg has become yoloba mooslem paper

1 Like

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by contigiency(m): 7:41pm On Aug 18, 2018
[quote author=nNEOo post=70395938]How is it possible that buhari is the president of almost 100 million educated youths....

I doubt if they are up to two persons in your entire village including you, who are more educated and exposed like buhari. so stop looking for cheap attention here.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by farem: 7:43pm On Aug 18, 2018
alen4smith:
call it anything Buhari till 2023

Followed bumper to bumper by Osinbajo eight years!

I am in my house let them come and beat me �������

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by Lordspicy(m): 7:46pm On Aug 18, 2018
how much was bloomberg paid?
Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by Boyooosa(m): 7:46pm On Aug 18, 2018
Hope kwa! Some of us will not see bloomberg report as reliable one again...sad!
Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by Lordspicy(m): 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2018
how much was bloomberg , op and the mod who pushed this to fp paid?
Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by Kingspin(m): 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2018
yazach:

You deserve a dirty slap from Nigerian Army
You deserve brain transplant in London
Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by alen4smith(m): 7:48pm On Aug 18, 2018
farem:

Followed bumper to bumper by Osinbajo eight years!

I am in my house let them come and beat me �������
who is their presidential candidate?by the time the conglomeration of egoist finished fighting themselves whoever emerges may not have the stamina to withstand hurricane pmb.we are watching.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Looks Good To Win 2019 Election, Says Bloomberg by uvalued(m): 7:49pm On Aug 18, 2018
Kingspin:
I don't think any reasonable Nigerian wanna die by Fulani bullet occupying their land.

Democratically, developmentally economically and security wise, I don't think Nigerians want to fail again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Shares Rice, Spaghetti To Vote For Samuel Babatunde Adejare / Lagos Police Arrest 4 For Burning Ballot Boxes In Okota, Oshodi/Isolo / Lagos Assembly Asks Sanwo-Olu To Account For State’s 3 Helicopters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.