Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (19074 Views)

Infinix Hot 9 And Hot 9 play devices Introduced To Nigerian Market / Between Samsung A30 And Infinix S4 Which Is Better? / Between Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus And Iphone Xs Max (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Jung(m): 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2018
Adiwana:
I plan on buying the S8+ very soon cause the S9+ for me is S8 Downgrade.The upgrade is to me just name and the functionality of S9+ is very poor compared to the hefty price one is paying for it.The S9 is more of S8 with a big name

Side Note:I still think apart from the functionality of the Andriod OS,Samsung ie still lagging behind Apple.Load heavy processors And Rams on a battery of 3000mAH.Making the battery to drain like tomorrow no dey unlike Apple that that runs smoothly on a lesser Battery life and still works just fine

Bros na lie. I use an s9 plus and its better than an s8. The battery is good too. I know this cos I play games and use it as hotspot for my laptops and other phones often.

Check facts sir.

Bye.
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Adiwana: 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2018
Jung:

Bros na lie. I use an s9 plus and its better than an s8. The battery is good too. I know this cos I play games and use it as hotspot for my laptops and other phones often.

Check facts sir.

Bye.

Facts?? Increase in screen to body ratio by 0.02% (according to gsmarena),little increase in chipsets which by the way brings more load on your phone with the same battery capacity as the s8+ meaning less battery life than s8+.Meaning an S8+ user experiences more Power life than you.Every other thing is S8+.

The only thing you pay those additional money for is the camera features of the Optical Zoom feature.Other than that,you are paying for the S8+ on a bigger name.
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by dayveed1(m): 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2018
dicksonadams:

But the phone dey quick crack
lol phone hardly fall for my hand... Or wetn you mean by crack
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 19, 2018
Adiwana:

Facts?? Increase in screen to body ratio by 0.02% (according to gsmarena),little increase in chipsets which by the way brings more load on your phone with the same battery capacity as the s8+ meaning less battery life than s8+.Meaning an S8+ user experiences more Power life than you.Every other thing is S8+.

The only thing you pay those additional money for is the camera features of the Optical Zoom feature.Other than that,you are paying for the S8+ on a bigger name.

When you put it this way, you make it seem like S9 and S9+ are a mistake or, worse still, unnecessary. Inasmuch as S9/S9+ are "minimal improvements" to S8/S8+, they are still improvements!

S9/S9+ has a better camera than its last year's iteration, and the guy who said battery life is improved is correct because you now have a more power efficient chipset (SD 845 compared to SD 835), which equates to better battery life (even if it's marginal).

This year's GS flagships brought stereo speakers, which last year's phones were panned for not having.

While you might not be inclined to consider S9/S9+ over S8/S8+, it doesn't take away the fact that S9/S9+ are an improvement to S8/S8+, and that gives it a deserved chance.

2 Likes

Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Jung(m): 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2018
Adiwana:

Coming from someone who hasnt used both phones, im surprised you have so much knowledge about them. Ive used both, and i can tell you there is a big difference.

Have the subjective experience of using both and stop relying on GSMarena alonr sir.

S9 is cheap now. Buy one.

Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Adiwana: 7:39pm On Aug 19, 2018
adeboyewareez:

When you put it this way, you make it seem like S9 and S9+ are a mistake or, worse still, unnecessary. Inasmuch as S9/S9+ are "minimal improvements" to S8/S8+, they are still improvements!

S9/S9+ has a better camera than its last year's iteration, and the guy who said battery life is improved is correct because you now have a more power efficient chipset (SD 845 compared to SD 835), which equates to better battery life (even if it's marginal).

This year's GS flagships brought stereo speakers, which last year's phones were panned for not having.

While you might not be inclined to consider S9/S9+ over S8/S8+, it doesn't take away the fact that S9/S9+ are an improvement to S8/S8+, and that gives it a deserved chance.

No doubt on whether the S9 series is a greater IMPROVEMENT of S8 series.Yes it is.if its not then no need buying it at the first place.

I used an S6 not because when S7 came out i couldnt buy it but because there was no sense in using a similar kind of device and paying almost 50k extra just to upgrade to a phone that had 1 or 2 additions that werent significant.Heck,they increased the battery life of the S7 edge and downgraded the Camera.Meaning S6 has better camera than S7 edge.

What the S8 brought was entirely or at most a whole different from what was gotten in S5,S6,S7 phones.Remeber this phones are similar in looks.So with S8,theres this new feeling of having a Samsung phone at least separating the phone from the rest of the pack

My point is you are not paying of any spectacular upgrade.Just that camera,nothing else not in functionality or any other thing

1 Like

Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 19, 2018
Adiwana:

No doubt on whether the S9 series is a greater IMPROVEMENT of S8 series.Yes it is.if its not then no need buying it at the first place.

I used an S6 not because when S7 came out i couldnt buy it but because there was no sense in using a similar kind of device and paying almost 50k extra just to upgrade to a phone that had 1 or 2 additions that werent significant.Heck,they increased the battery life of the S7 edge and downgraded the Camera.Meaning S6 has better camera than S7 edge.

What the S8 brought was entirely or at most a whole different from what was gotten in S5,S6,S7 phones.Remeber this phones are similar in looks.So with S8,theres this new feeling of having a Samsung phone at least separating the phone from the rest of the pack

My point is you are not paying of any spectacular upgrade.Just that camera,nothing else not in functionality or any other thing

Hmmmm...

no doubt, Samsung takes its leg off the gas in a year's interval, and it's kinda hard for their devices to justify patronage in those years, especially if you're a buyer with a conviction. So,I guess you're right about the fact that you're not paying for a major upgrade should you decide to buy S9/S9+.

1 Like

Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by mbourie(m): 7:59pm On Aug 19, 2018
Adiwana:

Forget about the reduction in megapixel between S7 edge and the s6 edge or edge plus....the S7 edge has a better camera quality than the s6 edge or edge plus.
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by walesho(m): 10:47pm On Aug 19, 2018
themonk:
shocked

Still rocking my S7 Edge.
I don't fall for all those promotional brouhaha such that you leave a device that meets all your functional requirements to buy another one just because it is the latest. I buy functionality not ego cool.

I love that phone just that money never dey to buy am.

The battery is nice too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Bought Redmi 8 Because Of Nairaland Now This Is Happening / Google To Release Its New Set Of Smartphones Tomorrow - October 4th / How To Transfer Airtime Credit From Etisalat Line To Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.