Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,754 members, 7,802,311 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos (29898 Views)

Lady Dies In A Fatal Accident In Suleja. Do You Know Her? (Disturbing Photos) / Tanker Explosion In Suleja, Niger State, Houses Burnt (Photos) / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by classicfrank4u(m): 7:28pm On Aug 19, 2018
afroniger:

My logic is very valid. Lagos is cooler than Abuja, Abuja is cooler than Maiduguri.
is benue cooler dan plateau?
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by LaudableXX: 7:29pm On Aug 19, 2018
Gerrard59:
This is common sense na. The COL in Suleja should be lower than Lagos, ditto wages/salaries, which is why the COL is lower.

Simple economics!
It depends on what part of Lagos, you are referring to. undecided Lagos is a sprawling metropolis with 20 local governments, that stretches from Badagry, to Ikorodu, Shomolu, Ajao Estate, Maryland, Lekki, Itire, Ikate, Orile, Kosofe, Ifako-Ijaiye, Ifelodun, Igando/Ikotun, to Surulere, Yaba, Ikeja, Magodo, Ogba, Agege, etc. So what part of Lagos, are you comparing with Suleja? shocked Rents across these different districts in Lagos, are as different as night and day. Or do you want to compare the rent in Ikoyi to what is paid in Abule-egba? cheesy

10 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by GambaOsaka: 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2018
twinskenny:

Suleja is a nice place I stayed there for like 10years Kwamba to be precise going to town is not that difficult
London Quarters
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by GOFRONT(m): 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2018
shocked

Phew!!!.....I can't stay in suleja because of that Zuma rock......Rock gat scary eyes as fvck
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 19, 2018
afroniger:

I have spelled out my logic abeg you guys should free me. I only gave my opinion, it is fine for you not to agree with me.
The North Central state capitals like Lafia, Lokoja, Makurdi, Minna are hotter than Jos, Kaduna. Your logic is false.

Abuja Vs Lagos can even be debated. I feel hotter whenever I am in Lagos than Abuja maybe due to humidity.

3 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by ijemishkisic(m): 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2018
Sukeja is cheaper and location is strategic, as its close to Abuja.

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by olanje: 7:38pm On Aug 19, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

The North Central state capitals like Lafia, Lokoja, Makurdi, Minna are hotter than Jos, Kaduna. Your logic is false.

Abuja Vs Lagos can even be debated. I feel hotter whenever I am in Lagos than Abuja maybe due to humidity.
If u feel hotter in Lagos than Abuja then you're not normal

14 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by afroniger: 7:40pm On Aug 19, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Guy, are you sure there isn't more to this? Stick to your opinion while I stick to mine. It ain't that bad. Jeezz.

5 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 19, 2018
olanje:

If u feel hotter in Lagos than Abuja then you're not normal
Have you stayed in the two places?

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by TheInsignia: 7:43pm On Aug 19, 2018
At OP......Lagos is far better in all ramifications.
Insecurity and religious extremist abound in suleja......even with their sharia law.

I lost three friends in 2011 when INEC office was bombed in suleja. I also lost a friend when the Catholic church at madalla was bombed in December of same year.

Safety first!!!

12 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by jedisco(m): 7:45pm On Aug 19, 2018
afroniger:

My logic is very valid. Lagos is cooler than Abuja, Abuja is cooler than Maiduguri.

Not always true.
Kaduna is cooler and father north than Abuja.
Markurdi though much closer to Southern Nigeria is hotter than Kaduna (likely because some geographical conditions - Benue Valley et.al)
Same thing can be said for Jos and it's cold weather because of its altitude
Certain regions have certain geographical factors that affect their weather. However, generally speaking you have a point.
Another thing is that during the hot season, even though Northern states may appear hotter following absolute temperatures, the weather in most southern states would feel hotter and more discomforting because of the higher humidity. Just like comparing steam to dry heat. On the other hand, the dry heat in the North is likely to darken the skin more
and in the long run, more dangerous

5 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Gerrard59(m): 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2018
afroniger:

I have spelled out my logic abeg you guys should free me. I only gave my opinion, it is fine for you not to agree with me.

Unfortunately, your logic doesn't hold water across all regions. So it's false. Next time when making assertions, consider all variables. That your logic holds forth in ONE area doesn't make it correct in ALL areas.

LaudableXX:

It depends on what part of Lagos, you are referring to. undecided Lagos is a sprawling metropolis with 20 local governments, that stretches from Badagry, to Ikorodu, Shomolu, Ajao Estate, Maryland, Lekki, Itire Ikate, Kosofe, Ifako-Ijaiye, Ifelodun, Igando/Ikotun, to Surulere, Yaba, Ikeja, Magodo, Ogba, Agege, etc. So what part of Lagos, are you comparing with Suleja? shocked Rents across these different districts in Lagos, are as different as night and day. Or do you want to compare the rent in Ikoyi to what is paid in Abule-egba? cheesy

While I agree with Lagos being vastly different, I still posit that the COL in Suleja will be lower when compared to Lagos. This is profound when the salary scale and purchasing power are compared, Suleja will be cheaper than Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by afroniger: 7:49pm On Aug 19, 2018
Gerrard59:

Unfortunately, your logic doesn't hold water across all regions. So it's false. Next time when making assertions, consider all variables. That your logic holds forth in ONE area doesn't make it correct in ALL areas.

While I agree with Lagos being vastly different, I still posit that the COL in Suleja will be lower when compared to Lagos. This is profound when the salary scale is compared and purchasing power, Suleja will be cheaper than Lagos.

O.k sir. If you makes you feel better, your logic is right and mine is wrong. Can you now leave my mention in peace? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 19, 2018
afroniger:

The farther you go up North, the hotter it gets. Abuja is hot as fu.u.ck, but people still dey there.
Abuja hot as Bleep? This is totally false. Abuja's proximity to Jos should give you a hint about tge city's weather condition. Besides, we have constant power supply here. In terms of Law & Order, Security average standard of living, Abuja is the place to be too.
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by twinskenny(m): 7:53pm On Aug 19, 2018
TallPck1:
You go sabi Mayor hospital be that.quote author=twinskenny post=70427506]

Suleja is a nice place I stayed there for like 10years Kwamba to be precise going to town is not that difficult

very well baba

i stay a bit around SDP junction too

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by jedisco(m): 7:55pm On Aug 19, 2018
jedisco:

Not always true.
Kaduna is cooler and father north than Abuja.
Markurdi though much closer to Southern Nigeria is hotter than Kaduna (likely because some geographical conditions - Benue Valley et.al)
Same thing can be said for Jos and it's cold weather because of its altitude

Certain regions have certain geographical factors that affect their weather. However, generally speaking you have a point.

Another thing is that during the hot season, even though Southern states may appear hotter by absolute temperatures, the weather in most southern states would feel hotter and more discomforting because of the higher humidity. Just like comparing steam to dry heat. On the other hand, the dry heat in the North is likely to darken the skin more

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by 2special(m): 7:58pm On Aug 19, 2018
you can wake up by 6:30am and still get to your place of work before 8am in Lagos, you guys should forget about the notion that everybody wakes up by 4:30 am in Lagos... even there people that leave home by 7am and get to their place of work before 8am.

3 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Gerrard59(m): 7:58pm On Aug 19, 2018
afroniger:

O.k sir. If you makes you feel better, your logic is right and mine is wrong. Can you now leave my mention in peace? Thanks in advance.

Are we quarrelling? shocked

So because your assertion has been questioned, you suddenly get pissed off? If so, then don't make it public next time. You cannot win all the time. At least, readers will understand that the higher you go, it doesn't necessarily correspond to it being hotter.

If not, Taraba will be hotter than Akwa Ibom. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by jimohibrahim(m): 7:59pm On Aug 19, 2018
twinskenny:

Where I. Kwamba did you live?
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Surestgee10(m): 8:01pm On Aug 19, 2018
Suleja cost of living, accommodation and transportation are cheaper compared to Lagos.
Suleja traffic is far better than that of Lagos, but Lagos is safer than Suleja because Lagos Agberos do more talks than actions while Suleja Kwari do more actions than talks.

5 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Tobyarab(m): 8:01pm On Aug 19, 2018
Haba, what kinda question is this? Lagos is very expensive to live in.
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2018
Rottymy:
Please how high or low is the cost of living in Suleja compare to Lagos? And what make it a better place to stay than Lagos and Abuja?

Suleja is cheaper, but proximity to ABJ might affect the prices. As for social life, forget it.
Last time I was there, there was no drinking allowed due to the sharia law.
Maybe it's changed, it's been over 20 years.

6 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by 02Kebreal(m): 8:05pm On Aug 19, 2018
I have stayed in Lagos,I have stayed in Suleja. Suleja is Bae....

2 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 19, 2018
afroniger:

The farther you go up North, the hotter it gets. Abuja is hot as fu.u.ck, but people still dey there.
Abuja is sooo cold now. Definitely not that hot.
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Captaincool1(m): 8:07pm On Aug 19, 2018
[Youbneed to leave home early as 6:30qm so as to get bus cos of the many population in suleja. uote author=elChapo1 post=70427496]comparing cost of living btwn Lagos and Suleja is oxymoronic. Lagos is Lagos, heartbeat of Nigeria's Economic activity. Suleja's only significance is its proximity to Abuja.

btw suleja is slowly becoming a training ground for future religious foot soldiers.

relocate there at your risk.

Advice from someone born and brought up there!!![/quote]
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by BabaIbo: 8:13pm On Aug 19, 2018
LaudableXX:

It depends on what part of Lagos, you are referring to. undecided Lagos is a sprawling metropolis with 20 local governments, that stretches from Badagry, to Ikorodu, Shomolu, Ajao Estate, Maryland, Lekki, Itire Ikate, Kosofe, Ifako-Ijaiye, Ifelodun, Igando/Ikotun, to Surulere, Yaba, Ikeja, Magodo, Ogba, Agege, etc. So what part of Lagos, are you comparing with Suleja? shocked Rents across these different districts in Lagos, are as different as night and day. Or do you want to compare the rent in Ikoyi to what is paid in Abule-egba? cheesy

Mr man, Abule Egba rent will be more than that of Suleja...

If you doubt it, check the rent price on Google for both towns and compare it, again the cost of living in Lagos is generally higher than that of suleja even that of Niger state as a whole

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by daxon001(m): 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2018
@OP, have you been to nomansland or Sabin gari in Kano? undecided u go fear na. it's a general thing in urban areas, not just few areas. I hear porta and calabar na die too
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by millionboi(m): 8:20pm On Aug 19, 2018
Rottymy:

How about accommodation and feeding in Suleja?
very low....places like kwamba,kuspa,e.t.c
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by SURElee(f): 8:20pm On Aug 19, 2018
Rottymy:
Please how high or low is the cost of living in Suleja compare to Lagos? And what make it a better place to stay than Lagos and Abuja?

How can you compare Suleja in Niger state and Lagos in terms of cost of living? Lagos is more expensive na. Is like comparing cost of living in lagos and ibadan.

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by pascalbenz: 8:23pm On Aug 19, 2018
Gerrard59:

Are we quarrelling? shocked

So because your assertion has been questioned, you suddenly get pissed off? If so, then don't make it public next time. You cannot win all the time. At least, readers will understand that the higher you go, it doesn't necessarily correspond to it being hotter.

If not, Taraba will be hotter than Akwa Ibom. grin
Na Cry Dey Hungry You Ba ?

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by JacksonOyibo: 8:26pm On Aug 19, 2018
smiley
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by seunoj: 8:35pm On Aug 19, 2018
Abegi,
Compare Suleja to Sango ota. That's more like it

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria / The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time / Speeding Car Rams Into Billboard In Lagos, Catches Fire (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.