Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

INEC Have No Power To Cancel An Election Already Announced By The R/officer - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Have No Power To Cancel An Election Already Announced By The R/officer (2998 Views)

Adamawa: INEC By Law, Cannot Nullify Already Announced Results - Senator Abbo / Official Results Of Edo Governorship Election 2020 As Announced By INEC / 2019 Governorship Election Results In Nigeria As Announced By INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Have No Power To Cancel An Election Already Announced By The R/officer by Kyase(m): 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2018
KINGOFTHEEAST:
butterflyleo, modath ,kyase and midolian

Re: INEC Have No Power To Cancel An Election Already Announced By The R/officer by Geniro: 1:37pm On Aug 19, 2018
KINGOFTHEEAST:
butterflyleo, modath ,kyase and midolian

Why beckon on those BNMC dullards?

1 Like

Re: INEC Have No Power To Cancel An Election Already Announced By The R/officer by gare(f): 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
Inec under the electoral law has now power to cancel, reject or interfere in any electoral results already announced by the INEC appointed returning officer in any concluded election.

We saw it in T.A Orji Vs Ikpeazu, Uchendu Vs Sekibo etc..

I believed INEC announced the purported "Suspension" to calm frayed nerves pending the time they will issue the Certificate of Return to the announced winner.

Anyone who is not satisfied with the stipulated law of the electoral act, will have to explore the window of remedy through the Tribunal.

Consequently, the winner should continue his/her celebration as Nothing will upturn those results as announced by the Returning Officer except the court of Law.

https://allafrica.com/stories/201504201235.html

Read more: https://www.naija.ng/421278-inec-has-no-power-to-cancel-rivers-akwa-ibom-results.html#421278

lalasticlala Mynd44

As a citizen of this country you are free to take INEC to court, I dont understand why you are disturbing us here with your baseless analysis

1 Like

Re: INEC Have No Power To Cancel An Election Already Announced By The R/officer by Bolognese: 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2018
Phalga has 3 state constituencies...

Even in the 2016 re-run, the voter turn-out was poor...

centoke30:
I thought you were more enlightened than this, so in a big city like ph, it's only 2000 people that voted?
Re: INEC Have No Power To Cancel An Election Already Announced By The R/officer by centoke30(m): 2:14pm On Aug 19, 2018
Bolognese:
Phalga has 3 state constituencies...
Even in the 2016 re-run, the voter turn-out was poor...

can we see the result then?
Re: INEC Have No Power To Cancel An Election Already Announced By The R/officer by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:34pm On Aug 19, 2018
lalasticlala can we learn?
Re: INEC Have No Power To Cancel An Election Already Announced By The R/officer by swagagolic01(m): 3:15pm On Aug 19, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
lalasticlala can we learn?

I'm on ground here, no results was declared, but APC has won these one, if they like they should conduct it a million times, the formation of OJ and Hon mannah is one wike can't beat
Re: INEC Have No Power To Cancel An Election Already Announced By The R/officer by BeijinDossier: 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2018
Announced by DauraTimes. cheesy

"The fraudulent election is cancelled and remain cancelled" - Rauf

NgeneUkwenu:

BREAKING: APC wins Rivers state bye-election (DETAILS)

Politics Nigeria Published 6 hours ago on August 18, 2018 By Politics Nigeria

The much anticipated Rivers State Port Harcourt Constituency 3 House of Assembly by-election result held in the city of Port Harcourt has finally been announced as the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate stormed out with a victory against the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)

The returning officer who declared the candidate of APC, Hon. Dickens Worlu winner revealed that Dickens garnered total votes of 1,633 to defeat Mr. Chinaka Mmerukini who polled 449 votes.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has rejected the result and called for cancellation alleging the poll lacks transparency.

INEC has suspended the Elections citing the use of violence and Thugs

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-apc-wins-rivers-state-bye-election-details/

2 Likes

Re: INEC Have No Power To Cancel An Election Already Announced By The R/officer by tinubuUGLYwella: 7:01pm On Aug 19, 2018
chriskosherbal:
Politics I must say is really getting interesting by the day in Nigeria. ..

God bless my country Nigeria. .

Meanwhile check my signature. ..now in lagos ..
Amen and Bless mine Biafra.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Beware Of 1967 Mistake Made By Obafemi Awolowo / What Is Happenning In Benin City. Many Northern Looking People And Today Is Not / Poverty Rates By States In Nigeria As Of 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.