Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. (1118 Views)

Muslim Man Entered A Catholic Church In Canada And Prayed (Video, Photos) / Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) / A Catholic Priest Celebrates Christ In A Traditional Way In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by CharlieMaria(m): 3:43pm On Aug 19, 2018
ANOTHER BLACK SUNDAY!!!!

Fr. Michael Akawu, the first priest of Abuja Archdiocese was shot dead yesterday in a supermarket in Gwagwalada. He was ordained a priest last year. So sad! May his soul rest in peace. ��
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/lailasnews.com/first-indigenous-abuja-catholic-priest-killed-by-robbers/amp/

Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by Shelumiel: 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2018
The level of insecurity in this country continues to flourish. A time is coming when people will start turning to defense and then this government will anarchy on it hands .
Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by hopefulLandlord: 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2018
This can never happen to the Pope

Sad

3 Likes

Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by thanki410(m): 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2018
Too much can kill a man in this country
Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by hopefulLandlord: 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2018
Shelumiel:
The level of insecurity in this country continues to flourish. A time is coming when people will start turning to defense and then this government will anarchy on it hands .

Nah, this only happens to lower level priests who trust the blood of a Jew to protect them

The higher ups know no blood of someone who supposedly died 2000 years ago can protect them so they take their protection seriously by hiring bodyguards while selling stickers with words like "No weapon fashioned against me shall prosper" at exorbitant prices to the sheeples so they can raise more money to afford more and/or better bodyguards

Look at the Pope. the oga @ the top of this man that died

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7453541_pope_jpeg580d968d45432282eb748117800f36fd

Look at Oyedepo reciting bible verses to protect himself

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1579625_bishop_oyedepo_armedguards_jpegb39e32a64f9312239aa1f76d9f0634e3

Look at all the blood of Jesus surrounding Chris Okotie on the fukking pulpit of all places

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3215510_screenshot20151222051936_jpegd48c820c9856774712ab0d520e576a7d

Look at the blood of the lambs surrounding Oyakhilome

Look How confident Tom Samson is knowing no weapon fashioned against him shall prosper

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6245177_unnamed1_jpeg88f00756db30afdd9d0c2c94272d12f9

Suleiman is so confident of power of Yahweh that he's moving with swagger

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6245172_images1_jpegd981a8b1fae6a56cbfd792de36a93677

Ayo Oritsejafor and Anselm Madubuko walking through the valley of the shadow of death without fearing evil because Yahweh is with them

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6245170_images14_jpegda01dbfbdd9365f5db2a6d38f6d43e23

This pastor died because he didn't have the blood of Jesus protecting him unlike the pastors above

Members should keep paying for stickers and reflective jackets to protect them just like the above pastors are using stickers and jackets

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by Shelumiel: 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Nah, this only happens to lower level priests who trust the blood of a Jew to protect them

The higher ups know no blood of someone who supposedly died 2000 years ago can protect them so they take their protection seriously by hiring bodyguards while selling stickers with words like "No weapon fashioned against me shall prosper" at exorbitant prices to the sheeples so they can raise more money to afford more and/or better bodyguards

Look at Oyedepo using the blood of Jesus to protect himself

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1579625_bishop_oyedepo_armedguards_jpegb39e32a64f9312239aa1f76d9f0634e3

Look at all the blood of Jesus surrounding Chris Okotie

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3215510_screenshot20151222051936_jpegd48c820c9856774712ab0d520e576a7d

Look How confident Tom Samson is knowing the blood of Jesus is protecting him

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6245177_unnamed1_jpeg88f00756db30afdd9d0c2c94272d12f9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6245172_images1_jpegd981a8b1fae6a56cbfd792de36a93677

This pastor died because he didn't have the blood of Jesus protecting him unlike the pastors above
What exactly is your point in all this ?
Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by hopefulLandlord: 4:04pm On Aug 19, 2018
Shelumiel:

Make of it what you will
Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by FELIX0M0R: 4:28pm On Aug 19, 2018
Shelumiel:

He has no point.
HopefulLandlord sleeps on christian threads yet claims to be atheist.
The same thing he calls non existing is what keeps him awake in permanent insomnia.

Cant u see there is no iota of humanity left in him that all he could post after someone was shot.?

Him and his likes never disappoint.

2 Likes

Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by Shelumiel: 4:32pm On Aug 19, 2018
FELIX0M0R:

He has no point.
The same thing he calls non existing is what keeps him awake in permanent insomnia.

Cant u see there is no iota of humanity left in him that all he could post after someone was shot.?

Lol...I del feel you bro
Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by CharlieMaria(m): 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Look at Oyedepo using the blood of Jesus to protect himself

Look at all the blood of Jesus surrounding Chris Okotie

Look How confident Tom Samson is knowing the blood of Jesus is protecting him

It is so unfortunate that because of hatred for Our Lord Jesus Christ, you do not value life....well I'm not really surprised though, if you hate the Author of Life, you will necessarily hate lives....
Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by hopefulLandlord: 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2018
CharlieMaria:

It is so unfortunate that because of hatred for Our Lord Jesus Christ, you do not value life....well I'm not really surprised though, if you hate the Author of Life, you will necessarily hate lives....

Oga, after you're done trying to guilt trip me, calm down and read my post again then take the lesson there. protect yourself, its your duty to. no blood of Jesus you plead on yourself can do shiit. if gun gets fashioned against you and you don't have their kind of protection you stand a very high chance of being killed.

The Pope, Oyedepo, Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Okotie, Samson, Suleman etc protect themselves very well and they aren't foolish. none of the stickers they sold to you to stick on your gate or front door can protect you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by dollytino4real(f): 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2018
must u bring my bishop oyedepo into ur senseless talk
Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by hopefulLandlord: 7:26am On Aug 20, 2018
dollytino4real:
must u bring my bishop oyedepo into ur senseless talk

Quote me direct, don't be scared. I don't bite wink I would only incinerate your religious delusion
Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by wildernessVoice: 5:09am On Aug 21, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Oga, after you're done trying to guilt trip me, calm down and read my post again then take the lesson there. protect yourself, its your duty to. no blood of Jesus you plead on yourself can do shiit. if gun gets fashioned against you and you don't have their kind of protection you stand a very high chance of being killed.

The Pope, Oyedepo, Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Okotie, Samson, Suleman etc protect themselves very well and they aren't foolish. none of the stickers they sold to you to stick on your gate or front door can protect you.

How many of us can afford to pay police for personal protection. The young priest is a victim of circumstance.
This robbery took place at park road Gwagwalada last Saturday between 7p.m. to 8p.m. and the operation lasted for about one hour without police coming to counter the operation. I was in a Church program at madam mercy road Dagiri, Gwagwalada when I received information of the robbery attack where the robbers blocked the busy road at both end entering one shop to another collecting money and handy electronics. The location is not far from the Divisional police HQ. and Area command. In fact there is police outpost about 500m and a military checking point about the same distance. The young priest was coming out of the shop to enter his car when he was shot.
So what type of self protection are you talking about?.
Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by hopefulLandlord: 6:54am On Aug 21, 2018
wildernessVoice:

How many of us can afford to pay police for personal protection. The young priest is a victim of circumstance.
This robbery took place at park road Gwagwalada last Saturday between 7p.m. to 8p.m. and the operation lasted for about one hour without police coming to counter the operation. I was in a Church program at madam mercy road Dagiri, Gwagwalada when I received information of the robbery attack where the robbers blocked the busy road at both end entering one shop to another collecting money and handy electronics. The location is not far from the Divisional police HQ. and Area command. In fact there is police outpost about 500m and a military checking point about the same distance. The young priest was coming out of the shop to enter his car when he was shot.

You still don't understand then
Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by Dalamama: 7:08am On Aug 21, 2018
FELIX0M0R:

He has no point.

He has every point. And the point is that your God protects nobody. He can't and never will. That is the reality of the matter. Your famous pastors and even the pope rely on armed gun men to protect them while telling you and lying to you that Jesus protects. Jesus don't protect anybody.

Few months ago some Fulani heardsmen attacked, killed and burned some Christians in Jos while they were worshipping in a church. Few weeks later some of the Christians that escaped the attack came to worship in the same charred and burnt churxh singing who can battle against the Lord, nobody. You can see how delusional some Christians are.

Jesus doesn't protect anybody, and by the way why are you guys sad when you claim this life is a mess and the life after is better, the slain ed priest has moved on to be with his God, you are supposed to be celebrating and dancing instead of crying, abi isn't he in the best of place, why cry when he has gone to be with his God, the one he talks about always? Dance and rejoice and stop displaying doubt abi heaven no dry exist again? You guys should show you believe in what you are always parroting instead of displaying dobut always.

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by Dalamama: 7:10am On Aug 21, 2018
wildernessVoice:

He has gone to the best of places to be with his God. You are to celebrate instead of being sad. Do you feel sad when you win a jackpot of 10 million dollars? Why are you crying and feeling sad when someone has gone to best of places to love forever and be with his maker? Why are you feeling sad? Celebrate and dance, cos he's in a better place.
Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by Dalamama: 7:14am On Aug 21, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You still don't understand then

They'll never understand, after I read the story on Facebook of the guy that said people went to the burnt church that was destroyed by Fulani marauders who killed many while they were worshipping to go and be singing "who can battle with the Lord? nobody". I stopped trying to understand these people.
Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by hopefulLandlord: 7:28am On Aug 21, 2018
Dalamama:

They'll never understand, after I read the story on Facebook of the guy that said people went to the burnt church that was destroyed by Fulani marauders who killed many while they were worshipping to go and be singing "who can battle with the Lord? nobody". I stopped trying to understand these people.

Fulani Marauders were carrying out "God's Plan"
Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by CAPSLOCKED: 7:34am On Aug 21, 2018
Dalamama:

He has every point. And the point is that your God protects nobody. He can't and never will. That is the reality of the matter. Your famous pastors and even the pope rely on armed gun men to protect them while telling you and lying to you that Jesus protects. Jesus don't protect anybody.

Few months ago some Fulani heardsmen attacked, killed and burned some Christians in Jos while they were worshipping in a church. Few weeks later some of the Christians that escaped the attack came to worship in the same charred and burnt churxh singing "who can battle against the Lord, nobody". You can see how delusional some Christians are.

WHO DO US THIS THING?
Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by hopefulLandlord: 7:37am On Aug 21, 2018
Dalamama:
why are you guys sad when you claim this life is a mess and the life after is better, the slain ed priest has moved on to be with his God, you are supposed to be celebrating and dancing instead of crying, abi isn't he in the best of place, why cry when he has gone to be with his God, the one he talks about always? Dance and rejoice and stop displaying doubt abi heaven no dry exist again? You guys should show you believe in what you are always parroting instead of displaying dobut always.
It may surprise you there are many "Christians" that say Catholics aren't "Christians" so they're going to hell

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by wildernessVoice: 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

It may surprise you there are many "Christians" that say Catholics aren't "Christians" so they're going to hell

I don't understand why the emphasis on religion in this issue. I expect the concern should be on the state of our nation security.
Additional information I received on the robbery is that a police man guarding one of the plaza they robbed was shot dead and his riffle taken away by the assailants. The plaza is close to the supermarket where the priest was killed.
Let's put religion aside and call FGN to do the needful in our security apparatus.
Re: A Catholic Priest Shot Dead. by FELIX0M0R: 3:24am On Aug 31, 2018
wildernessVoice:

I don't understand why the emphasis on religion in this issue. I expect the concern should be on the state of our nation security.
Additional information I received on the robbery is that a police man guarding one of the plaza they robbed was shot dead and his riffle taken away by the assailants. The plaza is close to the supermarket where the priest was killed.
Let's put religion aside and call FGN to do the needful in our security apparatus.

Out of their hatred for religion
Common sense becomes scarce for them

That one thinks there was nobody guiding
So he wanted to use the death of the rev father to score points against religion.

Dont mind the clowns

(1) (Reply)

13 Years After Burial, Body Of Herbalist Allegedly Refuses To Decay (photo) / A Religious War Between Muslims & Christians In Nigeria Is Coming Soon - Bakare / The Hidden City Under The Sea- Fact Or Fiction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.