Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki (27347 Views)

Atiku Is Confused, Not Fit To Rule Nigeria - Tinubu, Attacks Saraki And Obasanjo / Oshiomhole Attacks Saraki Again, Urges Him To Resign Honorably / Mahmood Yakubu Presents 2019 INEC Budget To Senate Committe (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by killsmith(f): 9:51pm On Aug 19, 2018
APC eyin omo failures.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by Ikpewe: 9:51pm On Aug 19, 2018
NONE OF THIS FLATHEADED PIGS WILL BLAME SAKARI FOR THIS MISFORTUNE BUT THE WILL DERAIL FROM THE TOPIC AND START CURSING PMB. I WISH GOD COULD FILTER OUT ALL THE USELESS FLATHEADED PIGS FROM NIGERIA. I HATE THEM WITH PASSION

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by sexyanyabubakar(f): 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2018
blackaxe78:
Saraki is a curse to Nigerians

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2018
Dinho20:
THE MUCH AWAITED NEW PRESIDENT AND VICE-PRESIDENT OF FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by Akeem1759(m): 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2018
But on a serious note, this Inec budget self

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by modik(m): 9:54pm On Aug 19, 2018
Okponobi4u:
Oops, its not even two days dat baba landed..d blame game is on already

As in ehhhh!

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by justlikedat: 9:56pm On Aug 19, 2018
Akeem1759:
But on a serious note, this Inec budget self
Am not with you just because your calculation is wrong.
Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by buhariguy(m): 10:00pm On Aug 19, 2018
dlondonbadboy:
grin

I love how SARAKI is making th3 presidency angry. I love the way SaraKi make them feel...

The pain of Buhari and his zombie gives me joy...
but you always cry that buhari is a tyrant, buhari is wicked, buhari is lawless etc.

Thief saraki will always run to the media to save him from the hand of tyrant.

That is why I am happy as buhari is back

2 Likes

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by jarule75(m): 10:00pm On Aug 19, 2018
dlondonbadboy:
grin

I love how SARAKI is making th3 presidency angry. I love the way SaraKi make them feel...

The pain of Buhari and his zombie gives me joy...
I bet you don't understand the damage Saraki action is having on the progress of the country economy.

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by Bakrabas: 10:02pm On Aug 19, 2018
BiafranJesus:
once these jihadists want something, they go all out.

Saraki must resist them

And saraki is what Zionist?
Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by Jejam: 10:03pm On Aug 19, 2018
blackaxe78:
Saraki is a curse to Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by kboycrew: 10:04pm On Aug 19, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Presidency of lies.

THIS SEEMS TO BE YOUR NEW LANGUAGE. ALL THEY NOW SHOUT LIES, LIES. what is a lie that a supplementary budget cannot be presented until the main budget is passed. By their fruits we shall know them. its a pity you are still using your loosing strategy of 2015.

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by Printerscanner: 10:06pm On Aug 19, 2018
Munzy14:
And it's a good bye to the sense of leadership we've enjoyed since two weeks. Oga don land, Nigeria is back to factory settings of 2015. Blame game mood activating and will complete 100 tomorrow. lol politicians eeeh.

Since Buhari is back and you don't like that, you can run to Cameroon and remain there till 2023 because that is when Baba will leave for his village. But mind you, don't go to Cameroon with drugs because you will be shot dead.

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 19, 2018
Buhari the Dullard has come back with his wahala.

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by dlondonbadboy: 10:10pm On Aug 19, 2018
jarule75:

I bet you don't understand the damage Saraki action is having on the progress of the country economy.

Buhari is the clog that is slowing down our wheel of progress as a people..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by Elitecee(m): 10:15pm On Aug 19, 2018
So it was Saraki that prevent various ministers, DG's and Perm Sec from going on time to defend their budget....This people think the masses are stupid and will buy in whatever is sold to them. Let d blame game begins again.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by lanreSamson: 10:30pm On Aug 19, 2018
You obviously didn't read the write up.
pol23:
So Saraki being the senate president na him dey prepare bills?
For the Zombies...
Na INEC go prepare the needed bills ,send a copy to the Executive (Buhari and fellow fools) after the Executives don sign am,dem go forward it to the house (Saraki and Dogara people dem).
How Saraki take be the one to decide when the bill should be send from the executive?...
They want a rush hour in the issue so there won't be enough time to check the excess of the bill.
This already give us a clue that this money for election na for presidency to buy votes.
That being said....
Se the position of the Vice President in this picture.
Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by cyberguy72(m): 10:31pm On Aug 19, 2018
BafanaBafana:
Why Saraki dey fear to reconvene senate nau
shut up
Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by EmmyDJourno: 10:34pm On Aug 19, 2018
Some of the comments I have read on the front page leaves me weeping for Nigerians

Can you just leave these preconditioned political mindset and read between the lines

(1) The Election Budget was arranged late and was supposed to be sent as a Supplementary

(2) Because the NASS(APC and PDP) were busy thinking of how to pad the budget, the supplementary one could not be sent

(3) Now Saraki is holding the whole nation to ransome by failing to reconvene the Assembly

IS THIS HARD TO COMPREHEND BIKOOOO angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by figurine: 10:35pm On Aug 19, 2018
INEC is proposing N6 billion for feeding of policemen on election duties. And ask: is INEC planning to serve these officers roasted gold and fried diamond on election days? What happened to a whooping sum of controversial N30 billion already proposed by the police as its own share of N242 billion election largesse?

INEC wants to spend N710 million on Voter Education, while also proposing another ridiculous amount of N587 million for "Outreach Activities". I query: what is the difference between voter education and outreach activities? Is INEC embarking on mass evangelism to win more souls for Christ? Who outreach activities "hepp"? INEC budgeted N700 million for Foreign Observers. When did INEC start funding foreign observers? I thought it was the other way round. When did INEC metamorphosed into European Union, DFID, United Nations and other foreign bodies that usually assist us in election funding?

The pillaging of the nation's wealth continues. INEC proposed N5.1 billion for Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) Exercise. This is a program that INEC intended terminating this weekend, if not that people like us shouted to high heavens, of which put pressure on the Commission to extend it by two weeks. My Mind-illuminating question is: what will INEC do with this humongous amount of funds if the budget is passed towards, or after the end of the two-week extension of CVR. Will they now use the money to register cows in Daura?

N7.4 billion for Logistics Expenses? After the roguish commission called INEC has proposed total of over N41 billion for printing jobs (inclusive of ballot papers, result sheets, voter registers, etcetera). Another name for "Logistics Expenses" is slush funds, to be deployed for vote buying during election.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by figurine: 10:38pm On Aug 19, 2018
Let me remind you that presumed "Mr. Corruption"; Jonathan, according to the gospel of the APC, spent N85 billion and N93 billion, to fund 2011 and 2015 elections, respectively. Please compare these figures with the ones being proposed by "Mr. Integrity". These scammers in government multiplied INEC's budget of 2015 by two plus, to get what is being proposed today---an outrageous sum of N189.2 billion!

3 Likes

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by Minjim: 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2018
Punstar:
I watched Sunday Politics on Channels TV this evening and I'm glad Robert Clark SAN and the ADP rep understand the mumu game the Presidency is playing with this INEC budget.

Its either Bubu wants this as an excuse in case he fails or he wants to arm twist the Assembly into giving him free pass to free money to monetize his reelection

Did you watch the same Sunday Politics I watched?
Cos Robert Clark (SAN) clearly stated that from his nonpartisan view, herói fully supported the actions of the president and that Pmb deserves 6/10. And he didnt really agree with most of the political advertisement of the ADP man who was just there to promote his (Saraki) party.

The
Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by Minjim: 10:45pm On Aug 19, 2018
Elitecee:
So it was Saraki that prevent various ministers, DG's and Perm Sec from going on time to defend their budget....This people think the masses are stupid and will buy in whatever is sold to them. Let d blame game begins again.

Did the NASS call any ministry and they didnt come?

Because I dont get this ur reasoning
Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by new2012: 10:52pm On Aug 19, 2018
kboycrew:

THIS SEEMS TO BE YOUR NEW LANGUAGE. ALL THEY NOW SHOUT LIES, LIES. what is a lie that a supplementary budget cannot be presented until the main budget is passed. By their fruits we shall know them. its a pity you are still using your loosing strategy of 2015.

So a critical event like national election has to be supplementary? Do you understand budgeting? Do u know what supplementary budget is?

Let's drop sentiments or political inclination and be realistic.

The election is in early 2019. Which means it should be budgeted in 2018 as preparations should have begun. INEC shouldn't even have massive budgets I'm a year, they should have annual budgets sufficient in preparedness for elections in 4 years not one massive big chunk at once.

Do you know the major delays around the budget was due to delays by ministries and Agencies refusing to go defend their budget until the president ordered then to?

Read up, research some things and not rely on any of the political party dishing out sentimental news.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by new2012: 10:53pm On Aug 19, 2018
Minjim:

Did you watch the same Sunday Politics I watched?
Cos Robert Clark (SAN) clearly stated that from his nonpartisan view, herói fully supported the actions of the president and that Pmb deserves 6/10. And he didnt really agree with most of the political advertisement of the ADP man who was just there to promote his (Saraki) party.

The

Saraki is now ADP? I thought he was PDP. You seem to hate every other party except the Buharish.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by bluecircle470: 10:57pm On Aug 19, 2018
new2012:
If Garba Shehu and Femi Adesina will just rememeber there was Doyin and Reno and Reuben..

Doyin bowed to beg Obj, Reno is still scared of entering his country, Reuben has lost all reputation and these folks were not half as useless.

There's nemesis and there's history, time shall tell.

Though we know both Garba and Femi always spill rubbish, but this is a known truth that Saraki is delaying passage of the budget because of his selfish agenda. Saraki has just been so mischievous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by Felixv: 11:00pm On Aug 19, 2018
saraki is only interested in the best for him and his immediate family ,he had the opportunity to deal with the budget since sep 2017 instead he butchered it and returned it 7 months later.

important roads like the lagos ibadan express road was butchered to say the least --so he could build boreholes and give some people sewing machines..

the only reason someone like him is not given the libya treatment is because buhari is trying to be a democrat -

you see while saraki's children go to the best schools,his wife claim to be british the poor people of nigeria contine to suffer.

some people here find it hard to understand the difference between a supplementary budget and a full budget.Inec budget could not have been sent to the national assembly until the main budget was passed ---

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by new2012: 11:01pm On Aug 19, 2018
bluecircle470:

Though we know both Garba and Femi always spill rubbish, but this is a known truth that Saraki is delaying passage of the budget because of his selfish agenda. Saraki has just been so mischievous

I disagree with you on that.

The budget was prepared late, submitted July.. The greater sin is from INEC and the presidency that were not able to force INEC to budget early.

How on earth do you consider an event as critical as National election not to be part of main Budget? That's a sin! That takes 90 percent of the blame. The remain blame is shared by Saraki and Oshiomole equally for both heating up the polity

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by Felixv: 11:14pm On Aug 19, 2018
figurine:
INEC is proposing N6 billion for feeding of policemen on election duties. And ask: is INEC planning to serve these officers roasted gold and fried diamond on election days? What happened to a whooping sum of controversial N30 billion already proposed by the police as its own share of N242 billion election largesse?

INEC wants to spend N710 million on Voter Education, while also proposing another ridiculous amount of N587 million for "Outreach Activities". I query: what is the difference between voter education and outreach activities? Is INEC embarking on mass evangelism to win more souls for Christ? Who outreach activities "hepp"? INEC budgeted N700 million for Foreign Observers. When did INEC start funding foreign observers? I thought it was the other way round. When did INEC metamorphosed into European Union, DFID, United Nations and other foreign bodies that usually assist us in election funding?

The pillaging of the nation's wealth continues. INEC proposed N5.1 billion for Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) Exercise. This is a program that INEC intended terminating this weekend, if not that people like us shouted to high heavens, of which put pressure on the Commission to extend it by two weeks. My Mind-illuminating question is: what will INEC do with this humongous amount of funds if the budget is passed towards, or after the end of the two-week extension of CVR. Will they now use the money to register cows in Daura?

N7.4 billion for Logistics Expenses? After the roguish commission called INEC has proposed total of over N41 billion for printing jobs (inclusive of ballot papers, result sheets, voter registers, etcetera). Another name for "Logistics Expenses" is slush funds, to be deployed for vote buying during election.

the cost of governance in Nigeria is too high ---this inec budget is no different, and it's obvious that it needs to be thoroughly scrutinized -and that is exactly what the NASS is mandated to do ,the question I have is who is going to scrutinize the NASS's budget -isn't 140bn too much for under 1000 people in a country ravaged by extreme poverty.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

https://punchng.com/lawmaker-urges-forensic-audit-of-national-assembly-budgetary-allocations/

thankfully somebody is proposing a forensic audit of the NASS's budget.

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by deltaisgreat: 11:14pm On Aug 19, 2018
ijustdey:

•SAYS ‘LOOK AT MIRROR, IT’S YOUR FACE THAT’S IN IT’

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/160689/

APC and buhari taking credit for SARAKI and EKWEREMMADU'S good jobs at the same time blaming the Senate for the ineffectiveness and the incompetency of APC led government and Buhari administration
Re: INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki by sexyanyabubakar(f): 11:34pm On Aug 19, 2018
figurine:
Let me remind you that presumed "Mr. Corruption"; Jonathan, according to the gospel of the APC, spent N85 billion and N93 billion, to fund 2011 and 2015 elections, respectively. Please compare these figures with the ones being proposed by "Mr. Integrity". These scammers in government multiplied INEC's budget of 2015 by two plus, to get what is being proposed today---an outrageous sum of N189.2 billion!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji / James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) / Chief Of Army Staff Conference Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.