Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Wise Saying On Diabetes - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wise Saying On Diabetes (255 Views)

Yorùbá Proverbs, Adages, Wise Sayings With Translations / Awesome Wise Egyptian Quotes And Sayings From Famous People On Money/life / Wise Fool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wise Saying On Diabetes by Selfgrowth123(m): 12:47am On Aug 20, 2018
Wise Saying On Diabetes

Michael Pollan
“According to the surgeon general, obesity today is officially an epidemic; it is arguably the most pressing public health problem we face, costing the health care system an estimated $90 billion a year. Three of every five Americans are overweight; one of every five is obese. The disease formerly known as adult-onset diabetes has had to be renamed Type II diabetes since it now occurs so frequently in children. A recent study in the Journal of the American Medical Association predicts that a child born in 2000 has a one-in-three chance of developing diabetes. (An African American child's chances are two in five.) Because of diabetes and all the other health problems that accompany obesity, today's children may turn out to be the first generation of Americans whose life expectancy will actually be shorter than that of their parents. The problem is not limited to America: The United Nations reported that in 2000 the number of people suffering from overnutrition--a billion--had officially surpassed the number suffering from malnutrition--800 million.”
― Michael Pollan, The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals

“Insulin is not a cure for diabetes; it is a treatment. It enables the diabetic to burn sufficient carbohydrates, so that proteins and fats may be added to the diet in sufficient quantities to provide energy for the economic burdens of life.”
― Frederick Grant Banting

Stella Payton
“People take ownership of sickness and disease by saying things like MY high blood pressure MY diabetes, MY heart disease, MY depression, MY! MY! MY! Don't own it because it doesn't belong to you!”
― Stella Payton

“Don't let yourself fall, you gotta pick yourself right up and strive to do better and be better! Think positive. Don't let the Diabetes control you! You control the Diabetes! Be strong because someways might be tough but you are tougher!”
― Tiffany Danczak

Jake Byrne
“Never accept limitations.”
― Jake Byrne, First and Goal: What Football Taught Me About Never Giving Up

Ogundipe Damilare Sunday

People with high blood pressure, diabetes - those are conditions brought about by life style. If you change the life style, those conditions will leave.

(1) (Reply)

I Heard You Give Good Advice / Texting Story( Too Late To Apologise) / Texting Story (Is my ex happy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.